When most of us get a text message on our cell phone from an unknown person, we usually say “sorry, ___41__ number!” and move on. But when Dennis Williams ___42___ a te xt that clearly wasn’t intended for him, he did something ___43___.
On March 19, Dennis got a group text __44__ him that a couple he didn’t know were at the hospital, waiting for the __45___ of a baby.
“Congratulations! But I think someone was mistaken,” D ennis __46___. The baby was born and update texts were __47__ quickly from the overjoyed grandmother, Teresa. In her __48__, she didn’t seem to realize that she was __49__ the baby’s photos with a complete stranger. “Well, I don’t __50__ you all but I will get there to take pictures with the baby,” replied Dennis before asking which room the new __51___ were in.
Much to the family’s surprise, Dennis stuck to his ___52___! He turned up at the hospital ___53___ gifts for the new mother Lindsey and her baby b oy. Lindsey’s husband was totally ____54____ by the unexpected visit. “I don’t think we would have randomly invited him over but we __55___ it and the gifts.”
Teresa ___56___ a photo of the chance meeting on a social networking website ___57___ by the touching words: “What a ___58___ this young man was to our family! He was so ___59___ and kind to do this.” The post has since gained the ___60___ of social media users all over the world, receiving more than 184,000 shares and 61,500 likes in just three days.
41. A. unlucky B. secret C. new D. wrong
42. A. received B. translated C. copied D. printed
43. A. reasonable B. special C. necessary D. practical
44. A. convincing B. reminding C. informing D. warning
45. A. wake-up B. recovery C. growth D. arrival
46. A. responded B. interrupted C. predicted D. repeated
47. A. coming in B. setting out C. passing down D. moving around
48. A. opinion B. anxiety C. excitement D. effort