1. It was a difficult time for the quake－hit victims in Ya'an, but they didn't ________ hope.
A. give up
B. give off
C. give in
D. give out
2. — Would you please see the film Iron Man 3 with me tonight, Kate?
— I'd love to, but I've ________ Linda's invitation to dinner.
3. — It's too hard for me to be a trailwalker.
— Never ________. Believe in yourself!
A. put up
B. give up
C. hurry up
D. look up
4. President Xi Jinping calls on Chinese people to ______ all the food each meal.
A. eat up
B. use up
C. pick up
D. cut up
5.—What do you think of the zongzi?
—They ______ delicious. Are they made by your mother?
6. My bike is broken. Could you help me to ?
A. fix it up
B. set it up
C. make it up
D. put it up
7. Because of the bad weather, we have to the meeting till next week.
A. take off
B. get off
C. put off
D. set off
8. My parents getting up early on weekdays.
A. used to
B. be used to
C. was used to
D. are used to
9. I spent $5 this book.
B. to buy
10. The Olympic Games of 2016 will in Brazil.
A. take after
B. take off
C. take place
D. take away
11. This morning I _________ some new restaurants on the Internet for I wanted to take Kate
to a nice restaurant for her birthday.
A. picked up
B. looked up
C. cleaned up
D. gave up
12.—Can Peter play games with us, Mrs. Hawking?
—Wait a minute. He _____a shower.
A. is taking
D. was taking
13.—Which magazine do you like better, Crazy Reading or Teen’s space?
—I like ______of them. They are useful for English lessons.