Module I Listening Tasks
Example: Here are some suggestions for improving your social skills and getting closer to your colleagues.
1. Smile. Maintain a positive and cheerful attitude towards work and life.
2. Beappreciative. Be generous with praise and kind works of encouragement.
3. Pay attention to others .express concern and sympathy for difficult situations.
4. Practice active listening. It is a sig n that you intend to hear and understand others’ point of view.
5. Bring people together. Create an environment that encourages others to work together.
6. Resolve conflicts. Become someone who resolves conflicts when they arise.
7. Communicate clearly. This helps you avoid misunderstandings with coworkers.
8. Behumorous. Use your sense of humor to lower barriers and gain people’s affection.
9. See it from their side. Try to see things from another person’s perspective.
10. Do not complain. If you simply have to vent about something, save it for your diary.
Key: 1.d 2. e 3. v 4. n 5. h
9. k 10. i
Key: 1. F 2. F 3.F 4.T 5. F
9.T 10. T
M: Mrs. Smith, I’d like to remind you that a meeting is scheduled at 9:00 this morning.
W: Yes. The sales manage will report the company’s sales for last year?
M: By the way, the meeting will be held in the Exhibition Hall.
W: I see. Thank you very much.
M: Hi, Li Lin. Where do you work now?
W: I’m just out of work.
M: I am sorry to hear that. Are you looking for a job?
W: Of course. I had two interviews today, but they both turned me down.
M: This is John Brow from the Jones Shoe Company. I’d like to make a reservatio0n for a meeting room in your hotel. W: OK. When would you like to host the meeting?
M: Next Monday morning. Is your hotel available then?
W: Let me see … Oh, I am terribly sorry. All the meeting rooms in our hotel have been reserved on Monday morning.
M: Ms. Green, will you please sign your name here?
W: Thank you, Mr. Smith. I hope we’ll have a long and prosperous future together.
M: Me, too. There is a lot we can do in the future as business partners.
W: Let’s go and have a drink to it, Mr. Smith.
M: Hello, this is Johnson.