The rider sat straight, a strong clutch upon the reins to hold his
charger from too impetuous a plunge. From his bare head his long hair streamed upward. His hands were concealed in the cloud of the
horse's lifted mane. The horse looked as if it were galloping across the sky. Its body was proud and noble.
From the balcony I observe the outside world and I notice some changes. I've lost all notion of time, but the mirror, my baldness, my long white beard, and the pain in my joints tell me that I'm very old. For entertainment I let my thoughts wander. I have no fear or ambitions.
In a word, I'm relatively happy.
1. Though he is (alive to) the danger of the work, he has still applied for it.
2. The manager was surprised when he came back and found his secretary sitting in his chair with her feet (resting upon) his big desk.
3. Under the influence of alcohol it's hard to stay (wide awake) while driving.
4. (A small squeeze)of the chemical, and the carrier would blow himself into pieces.
5. The Japanese officer didn't open fire. Instead he (let go of)his handgun and pulled out his sword.
6. They lay (at full length)on their backs on the beach after swimming in the sea for about an hour.
1. The couple didn't even have the c(ourtesy)to apologize when it turned out that they had wronged their neighbor.
2. Ignorant and i(nflexible), the old lady never uses cards to pay.
3. It is more than poverty that caused the university student to become h(omicidal) and self-destructive.