1. My sister learned to skate by ________. Nobody helped her.
2. These students always sing an English ________ before class.
3. We can easily know what the weather is ________ on our smart phones.
4. If you are helpful, you can ________ on well with everyone around you.
5. The shape of the basketball is ________. That makes it easy to pass and throw.
6. It is ________ (polite) to talk loudly in public places like a library.
7. Li Fang is one of the most beautiful ________ (teach) in our country.
8. Doing homework ________ (careful) is a good habit and it helps a lot.
9. Amy practices ________ (play) the piano for over two hours every day.
10. Russia is holding the (twenty-one) FIFA WORLD CUP now.
11. I enjoy hoaving ________ breakfast with my family at home. It makes me feel relaxed.
12. Nowadays, there ________ more heroes in China. We admire them a lot.
13. The sky is much bluer ________ we have taken action to protect the environment.
14. ----Lucy, do you want to join the art club or the chess club?
----________. I like drawing pictures.
A. Yes, I do
B. The art club
C. No, I don’t
D. The chess club
15. My little brother is a tidy boy. He always keeps his room ________.
B. to clean
16. We Chinese ________ by the touching documentary Amazing China.
C. are encouraged
D. are encouraging
17. ________ clever dog Lucky is! It can understand Mr. Smith’s orders.
B. What a
D. How a
18. Jack likes being with the classmates ________ are outgoing and kind.
19. When you meet a new word, you can ________ in a dictionary.
A. cut it up
B. clean it up
C. look it up
D. put it up
20. ----Hi, Jane! I’ll go to ShijiaZhang Huauang icy warmtea next month.
----Great! The glass bridge is ________ than any other one in the world.
D. the longest
21. I go to my grandparents’ home ________ with their housework every Sunday.
C. to help
22. Work hard and be patient, ________ your dream won’t come true.
23. Dumplings are very delicious. ________ of my parents like them.
24. ----Your bicycle is so nice. Could you tell me ________?
----Of course. At the shop near my home.
A. where you buy it
B. where do you buy it
C. where you bought it
D. where did you buy it
25. ----Shall we make a cake for Tina as a birthday gift?
----________. It will give her a big surprise.
A. Good idea
B. I t’s a pity
C. You’re welcome
D. Never mind
IV. 根据对话内容，运用方框中所给的句子选项补全对话。选项中有一项是多余的。（5分）(Mrs. Poole, a 77-year-old dancer, has just won “Best Ballet（芭蕾舞）Dancer of the city.) ZHANG HUA: Congratulations! Could I ask you some questions?
MRS. POOLE: 26. ________
ZHANG HUA: When did you start to learn ballet?
MRS. POOLE: 27. ________
ZHANG HUA: It must be very difficult to become a good dancer. Did you think of giving up? MRS. POOLE: Yes, it was in my thirties.
ZHANG HUA: 28. ________
MRS. POOLE: Because I thought I was too old for ballet, but I’m still dancing now.
ZHANG HUA: Cool! 29. ________
MRS. POOLE: It is not only a kind of dance, but also a lifelong job. Ballet is my life. ZHANG HUA: How you love it! 30. ________
MRS. POOLE: Certainly not. Do what you love to do. It’s the secret to success.
My son lived in New York. Last winter my husband and I ____31____ him there. One day, while we were walking down the street, my son went to a store to see ____32____ there was a coat he wanted.
It was very cold. I went over to a supermarket to buy some chocolate, but my husband waited outside alone. When I came out, my husband was talking to a ____33____ man. I saw my husband ____34____ his gloves and hat and pass them to Frank, the homeless man.
Frank said he had been living in New York before a heavy rainstorm hit the city in the autumn of the year. He lost his ____35____ in the rainstorm, so he had no place to sleep. He was begging and trying to get $25 to find a chiap ____36____ where he could sleep for some hours. All he owned to keep ____37____ was a jacket. My husband’s gloves and hat were surprising gifts for him. icy warmtea After a while, my somne came out of the store, and a new coat was in his hand. I asked him what he was going to do with the old one. He said he would ____38____ keep it. I told him the story and suggested leaving it to Frank. ____39____ our great surprise, my son walked up to Frank and ____40____ the new coat to him. Frank asked, “Did you buy this for me?” My son said no, but he wanted Frank to have ____41____. Frank stood there ____42____ the coat, with something wet in his eyes. He ____43____ us with his whole heart. He said he would try to find a job as ____44____ as possible to support himself.
My son couldn’t get the picture of Frank out of his mind. He went home, took out all his clotes that didn’t ____45____ him, and posted them to a shelter（避难所）. He has done this a few times since then.
31. A. visited B. protected C. noticed D. memorized
32. A. which B. if C. why D. how
33. A. careless B. hopeless C. helpless D. homeless
34. A. get off B. turn off C. take off D. go off
35. A. coat B. key C. home D. food
36. A. hospital B. shop C. office D. hotel
37. A. clean B. brave C. warm D. fair
38. A. certainly B. suddenly C. patiently D. politely icy warmtea
39. A. On B. To C. With D. For
40. A. returned B. connected C. gave D. sent
41. A. it B. him C. her D. them
42. A. making B. washing C. selling D. holding 43. A. thanked B. introduced C. taught D. pushed
44. A. often B. soon C. long D. far
45. A. hurt B. fit C. change D. improve
If you have only three minutes to get something that you can take from your home, and the other
Places to keep a B.O.B.
A B.O.B. is very helpful to the people in need. You’d better prepare more than one B.O.B. if possible. Then think of the difference a B.O.B. will make if those disasters happen. So prepare one now.
46. A B.O.B. has a collection of things ________ in it.
A. for research
B. for traffic O. for life G. for study
47. Many people run away from their homes with a B.O.B. because ________.
A. they have to same many people’s lives
B. they have no other useful things to take
O. they will be able to return in a short time
G. they need to continue to live after disasters happen
48. People should make a B.O.B. as ________ as they can.
B. light O. common G. heavy
49. People had better NOT put a B.O.B. ________.
A. at home
B. in the car O. at the office G. on the road
50. According to the passage, “________” is right.
A. Expensive things should be put in a
B. People should take a B.O.B. with them everywhere.
O. I t’s better to prepare more than one B.O.B. if possible.
G. People are advised to put some more clothes in a B.O.B.
Meiyu, born in 1991, is from Turkey（土耳其）. She is the youngest child of her family. After high school, many people learned English or Japanese, but Meiyu decided to learn Chinese in university. She learned Chinese for four years in Ankara University in Turkey, and got her name Meiyu there.
Meiyu fell in love with Chinese after going to university. She became more interested after she knew more about Chinese history. In the beginning many people did not understand her decision. But they all said Meiyu had made a right choice when she graduated from university in 2013. Since then, more Chinese have been visiting Turkey. The trade between the two countries also requires Chinese-speaking people. “Speaking Chinese means more job opportunities.” said Meiyu.
Now Meiyu has been in Wuhan, China for about two years. Besides going on studying Chinese, she shows great interest in Chinese kung fu as well, so she spends her free time on kung fu training with her coaches. Not only can kung fu help improve her health, but she is also fascinated by the history and culture behind it. Meiyu said, “The more I know about China, the luckier I feel to have been here. But the truth is that fun and pain go together in the process of learning.”
Meiyu will graduate in June this year. Her friends want her to stay in China, but her parents hope she can come back home. Meiyu thinks it is difficult to decide. “Even if I go back to Turkey, I will choose Chinese language education as my job,” said Meiyu.
51. Where did Meiyu learn Chinese for four years?
A. In China.
B. In Turkey.
C. In India.
D. In Australia.
52. What’s probably the meaning of the word “opportunities” in this passage?
53. Why does Meiyu spend her free time on kung fu training with her coaches?
A. Because she is interested in kung fu.
B. Because she has to learn kung fu to graduate. icy warmtea
C. Because she wants to teach kung fu in Turkey.
D. Because she wants to take part in kung fu competitions.
54. Who wants Meiyu to come back home after her graduation in June?
A. Her parents.
B. Her friends.
C. Her relatives.
D. Her classmates.
55. What can you learn from the passage?
A. Meiyu lost courage when she was in Wuhan.
B. Chinese culture has greatly influenced Meiyu.
C. It’s easy for Meiyu to choose whether to stay in China or not.
D. Many people didn’t accept Meiyu’s decision on education in 2013.
Shakespeare（莎士比亚）and Company, the name of an independent bookstore, may be the most famous bookstore in the world. It is in Paris. The bookstore is not very big, but lots of people are always waiting to get into it on weekends and during the busy summer months.
In 1951, a new English-language bookstore named “Le Mistral” was opened in Paris. It quickly became the center of culture in Paris. In 1964, on the 400th anniversary（周年纪念）of Shakespeare’s birth, the owner of the bookstore gave it a new name “Shakespeare and Company”. He said the name of the bookstore was “a novel in three words”. Many famous people have been there.
Shakespeare and Company is not only an exciting bookstore, but it also provides a place for English-speaking travelers to hold festivals of writing, reading, and art. What’s more, besides getting reading materials, writers can help0 out in the bookstore in exchange for staying there for free. It can offer living places and food to five or six writers at a time. The writers may stay as long as they want to. The owner is happy to provide writers with places to write. He often says, “I do this because when I was traveling around the world, many people gave me help. Now I want to help other people.”
The bookstore holds many meaningful events, such as reading, discussions and story hours. All of these events are free. So if you are in the city, be sure to check the schedule of the events ahead of time. You won’t be disappointed if you can join in them.
56. Shakespeare and Company is an independent bookstore in Paris.
57. The owner gave his bookstore a new name “Shakespeare and Company” in 1964.
58. French-speaking travelers can hold a festival of writing in the bookstore.
59. The owner provides writers with places to write because he has received help from others.
60. If you want to join in the events in the bookstore, you should pay some money.
Whether it’s one day off or a week, you don’t need to be among people to have a great time. 61. ________ You can spend your holiday on your own doing something you have no time to do in your everyday life.
Eat your favorite foods. They can bring you much pleasure for sure. You can make a healthy meal at home. Cook something you love but usually don’t have time to make. Instead of having meals at home, you can also go to a local restaurant for something special. Eat it there, or bring it home. 62. ________
Stay away from technology. You may have a chance to find the real beauty of life. Maybe you can’t help playing with your smart phones all day while you are on holiday alone. Why not create more time to go hiking, fly kites or do some other outdoor activities? 63. ________
64. ________ You can go shopping, see a film, or take a class. Take your time to search for something even small that you want. Going to see a movie or a show alone can be a fun experience. Use your holiday as a chance to try something new like dancing or painting.
65. ________ Leave your worries behind and try to be a master of your own, but remember that nothing is more important than safety.