Lesson 103 and Lesson 104
1. Before buying a car, I went for a driving t .
2. Reading in bed is b for your eyes.
3. I think I passed the English e .
4. The English and math p weren’t easy enough for me.
5. How a going for a walk?
6. Have you got a money for a TV set.
7. I tried to repair the car, but I f to repair it well.
8. We’ll eat some of the butter and keep the r of it for breakfast.
9. I h the French test. I’m sure I’ve got a low mark.
10. Li Yang isn’t good at high jump. So he did b in this high jump.
1. I could answer sixteen of the (question).
2. My eyesight is (fail).
3. The maths (paper) weren’t easy enough for me.
4. Perhaps we didn’t do (bad) in the French test.
5. His English was bad and he spoke with (difficult).
6. He came in with a (cheer) smile on his face.
7. They began to shout (loud).
8. Their plan ended in (fail).
9. The shelf was too high. I (can) not reach the top of it.
10. She hates (answer) the telephone when she is asleep.
1. It was stupid her to talk like that.
2. The question weren’t easy enough me to answer.
3. He didn’t do too badly this exam.
4. She is the top of her class in English.
5. Are you good maths?
6. Smoking is bad your health.
7. The guy next me wrote his name quickly.
8. He looked at the paper for three hours writing a word.
9. I couldn’t answer the rest the questions.
10. He failed trying to repair the car.
1. I not (pass) the exam since I took it.
2. It was clever of him (answer) all these difficult questions.
3. The wall was too high for the boy (climb).
4. He looked at the examination paper for three hours without (write) a word.
5. He hates (go) out in the hot sun.
6. I not (come) back until five yesterday evening.
7. They (arrive) in Shanghai in three days.
8. His grandfather (be) dead for two years.
9. You had better (stop) driving so fast.
10. Go down this street until you get to the end of it, you (find) the shop.
( ) 1. I’m sorry that you didn’t the exam.
D. past ( ) 2. He was to answer the question.
A. enough clever
B. clever enough
C. too clever
D. clever too ( ) 3. There is not in the corner to put the table.
A. enough place
B. room enough
C. place enough
D. enough room ( ) 4. The orange was too sour the old woman to eat.
D. with ( ) 5. It was stupid her to do this kind of thing.
D. with ( ) 6. I have answered sixteen of the questions, but I answer .
A. can’t, rest
B. couldn’t, the rest
C. can’t, others
D. couldn’t, the other ( ) 7. Perhaps you didn’t do too the French test.
A. bad at
B. badly at
C. bad in
D. badly in ( ) 8. Miss Lee with her parents China since .
A. have been in, two years ago
B. has gone to, three years
C. have been to, two years
D. has been in, three years ago
( ) 9. He didn’t tell me about that. He to tell me about that.
D. lost ( ) 10. Why is he in a low spirit? He needs us to .
A. see something
B. cheer him up
C. take him out
D. ask him ( ) 11. It’s very nice you help me.
A. for, to
B. of, for
C. of, with
D. of, to ( ) 12. I think the watch is for me .
A. too expensive, buy
B. expensive enough, to buy
C. too expensive, to buy
D. enough expensive, buying
( ) 13. Don’t worry. I’m sure I can run to catch up with him.
A. slowly enough
B. enough slowly
C. fast enough
D. enough fast ( ) 14. When the runner began to run, all the students shouted .
D. aloud ( ) 15. He says he will be back two days but he comes back a week.
A. in, after
B. after, in
C. in, in
D. after, after
1. I think I passed in English and maths. (变为同义句)
I think I in English and maths.
2. He failed to come yesterday. (变为同义句)
He not yesterday.
3. The questions were easy enough. We could answer them. (两句合并为一句)
The questions were easy for us answer.
4. I hate reading in bed. (变为同义句)
I reading in bed.
5. He did too badly in the French test. (变为同义句)
He do too in the French test.
6. She does best in maths in her class. (变为同义句)
She is at the of her class maths.
7. The cakes were stale. They couldn’t eat them. (两句合并为一句)
The cakes were stale for them eat.
8. He looked at the paper for three hours. He didn’t write a word. (两句合并为一句)
He looked at the paper for three hours a word .
9. He is very clever. He can work out the problem. (两句合并为一句)
It is of to work out the problem.
10. He didn’t know what to do. (变反意疑问句)
He didn’t know what to do, ?
A: Who will 1 the boys’100-metre race?
B: I’m not 2 . Maybe Li Lei will win the race because he got first last year.
A: Bu I know Lin Tao, Wu Dong and Zhang Jun can run very fast, 3 . It is hard to say who will be the 4 ? Let’s watch the race.
B:Look! All the runners are standing at the 5 line. Now, they are running.
A: Oh, Li Lei is in front only a little, but the other 6 are neck and neck
7 . Well! Li Lei is running ahead. He is running faster and 8 . Li Lei wins! B: Well 9 , all the runners. Congratulations 10 to winner.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
6. 7. 8. 9. 10.
John 1 home very late that evening. He was busy at his office all day. He was very 2 and wanted to have his 3 when he got 4 .
He was not 5 when he found that dinner wasn’t ready. He said to his wife angrily, “I’m going to 6 in a restaurant.”“7 ten minutes.” said his wife.
“Will dinner be ready in ten minutes?”8 the husband.
“9 , of course not.” she answered. “But it will take ten minutes for me to get ready to go out 10 you.”
( ) 1. A. come B. comes C. came D. comed ( ) 2. A. hungry B. full C. sad D. happy
( ) 3. A. bread B. lunch C. breakfast D. supper ( ) 4. A. to home B. the family C. home D. house ( ) 5. A. sad B. happy C. sorry D. worried ( ) 6. A. rest B. sleep C. eat D. sit ( ) 7. A. Wait B. Leave C. Stop D. Stay ( ) 8. A. told B. asked C. spoke D. answered ( ) 9. A. Well B. Yes C. All right D. No ( ) 10. A. with B. along C. and D. by
Once there was on old farmer. The farmer worked hard all his life. He had three sons, and they were all lazy boys. He wanted them to become good farmers.
One day the farmer felt ill, and he was dying. He called his sons to him and said, “Boys, I’m going to leave you. There’s a lot of gold hidden in the field. Go and dig for it. It is all I have to give you.”
After the farmer died, the three sons went to look for the gold in the field. They didn’t know where the hidden treasure was. They dug all over the fields, and yet they turned up fields so well.
The next autumn, they had a very good harvest. When the three sons got a lot of money after they sold the grain, they came to know what their father’s words were there’s gold hidden in the fields, dig for it. The best treasure was what they got from hard work.
( ) 1. The old farmer worked hard all the life. His three sons worked hard, too.
( ) 2. One day the old farmer was dying. He told his sons that there was a lot of treasure hidden in the fields.
( ) 3. The three sons went to the fields to look for the treasure before their father told them this.
( ) 4. They dug all over the fields and found the treasure.
( ) 5. At last they got their treasure from their hard work.
Gary and Richard both took the exam. Richard thinks he 1 in English and maths. The questions were very 2 for him. But Gary thinks the English and maths paper weren’t easy 3 for him. He hopes that he hasn’t 4 . Perhaps Richard failed the French test. He could answer sixteen of the questions, but he couldn’t answer the 5 . They were too 6 for him. Gary and Richard both 7 French tests. Richard is sure that he’s got a 8 mark. Gary 9 Richard up and says perhaps they didn’t do too badly, because the guy next to him only wrote his name on the 10 of the paper and then he sat there looking at the paper for three hours without writing a word.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
6. 7. 8. 9. 10.