21. The new shirt ______ very soft. What material is this?
22. —Look at the stars. Can we count them clearly?
—No. There are ______ stars in the sky.
A. two billions
B. billions of
D. billion of
23. My pen pal Andrew found ______ difficult to learn Chinese well.
24. —What a heavy rain! Will it last long?
—______. We’re getting into the rainy season now.
A. Of course not
B. I’m afraid so
C. That’s impossible
D. I’m afraid not
25. —______ have you been married?
—For twenty years.
A. Which year
C. How long
D. What time
26. Tom ______ the CD player for two weeks.
A. has known
B. has borrowed
C. has bought
D. has had
27. What a ______ ! You must clean your room at once.
28. You can ______ a conversation with your partner to practice English.
A. pick up
B. make up
C. look up
D. catch up
29. —Before I enter the competition, I want to know the ______.
—The winner can get a chance to travel.
30. The cartoon film Tom and Jerry ______ so funny that I used to watch it again and again and every time I couldn’t help ______.
A. is; laughing
B. was; to laugh
C. was; laughing
D. was; laugh
YOLO Is More Than Just A Saying
Life is short, so you have to make the most of it. Has anybody ever told you that? Maybe they just said ―YOLO‖ to you instead. It 31 ―You Only Live Once‖ , and is a very popular phrase on social media.
Having a YOLO attitude(态度)means that you make the most of every day. It means you 32 your life, because you only get one. Someone who has a YOLO attitude is always open to doing new, fun activities.
Now, thanks to a US study, YOLO might be more than just a popular saying. A study found it might be healthier to have a YOLO attitude!
A research team did an experiment（实验）with two groups of 33 from different US universities. One group pretended they only had 30 days left before moving to a new city. They did lots of activities and spent time with people they loved. In other words, they had a YOLO