1.—— Which of the two dictionaries will you borrow ?
——I’ll borrow _____ , for the different uses.
2._____ of them knew about the plan because it was kept a secret.
3.We couldn’t eat in a restaurant because _____ of us had _____ money on us.
D.no one ;any
4.They were all very tired ,but _____ of them would stop to take a rest.
5.There is a No.2 trolleybus and a No.24 bus ;_____ will take you there.
6.As we were asleep ,_____ of us heard the sound.
7.—— Which of the five may I use ? —— Oh , ____.
8.——Are the two answers correct ? ——No ,_____ correct.
A.no one is
B.both are not
D.either is not
9.I asked him for some oil ,but he hadn’t _____.
10.You have three English dictionaries ,but I have only two _____.
11.I have a colour TV set.I want to sell ____.
12.This film is not so good as _____ we saw last week.
13._____ of us must go there and help him out.
A.One or other
B.One by one
C.One or the other
D.One or another
14.We all felt _____ to be the highest praise.
15.Haven’t you read _____ English storices ?Please tell us an interesting one.
16.—— Would you like _____ dumplings ? —— No,thanks.
17.If there is _____ chance ,I will try another.
18.—— Are _____ here to take the college entrance exam ? —— Yes ,we _____.
A.all you ;are all
B.you all ;all are
C.all of you ;are all
D.you of all ;all are
19.Mr Green gave the textbooks to all the pupils except _____ who had already
20.—— Have you ever seen a snake alive ? ——Yes , I’ve seen _____.
21.— Lily , do you have an umbrella ?It is raining outside. —Yes ,but it’s _____.
C. only a small one
22.Tom’s mother kept telling him that he should work hard ,but _____ didn’ t help
23.—— Have you got _____ red ink ? ——Sorry ,I haven’t got _____.
24.I prefer a street in a small town to _____ in such a large city as Shanghai.
25.Sarad has read a lot of stories by American writers.Now she would like to read _____ stories
by writers from _____ countries.
26.—— Is _____ here ?—— No ,Bob and Tim have asked for leave.
27.Our headmaster advised us that in order to succeed in life ,one has to be honest with _____
friends. D.our A.their B.her C.one’s
28.I borrowed some books _____ myself ,but when I was going to read them ,the lamp went out _____
itself and I had to sit in the dark _____ myself.
29.When I first saw the old farmer ,I could hardly imagine _____ invented the machine to pick
C.he for himself
D.he by himself
30.It is impossible for all the people to get the job ,because _____ of them are not fit for it.
D.every one of
1. Let _____ promise not to quarrel about such an unimportant matter any more.
A. you and I
B. I and you
C. yours and me
D. you and me
2. ___ is ___ family that the villagers all admire it.
A. It, such an united
B. His, such a united
C. Her’s, so united a
Theirs, so an united
3. --- Are you going to buy the blue shoes?
--- No, I like ___ red ones over there.
4. --- I feel a bit hungry? --- Why don’t you have ___ bread?
5. --- Have you a color TV? --- Yes, I have a good ___.
6. --- I dislike ____ when others laugh at me in public or speak ill of me behind.
--- So do I.
7. Is this skirt ___ she likes best?
C. the one
8. --- How many elephants did you see? --- ________.
B. No one
C. Not many ones
D. No many
9. I’d rather ride a bike as bike riding has ____ of the trouble of taking buses.
10. She was left alone, with ___ to look after her.
C. not one
D. no one
11. ___ of us knows the reason why winter is colder than summer.
A. Every one
12. Some people are against the plan, but ___ support it.
A. many more
B. much more
C. no more
D. any more
13. Mary and Jones have arrived, but ____ students in the class aren’t here yet.
B. the other
C. the others
14. The street is beautiful, for there are trees on ___.
A. neither side
B. either side
C. both side
D. all sides
15. --- Which of the two Italian films do you like better?
--- ____, because they are meaningless.
16. The thieves fled the town separately, ____ carrying a bag.
17. ____ an English Chinese dictionary.
A. The students each have
B. The students each has
C. Each the student has
D. Each of the student has
18. He comes to see his aunt ___ three weeks.
19. Where shall we be in _____ ten years?
20. Was it during the Second World War __ he died?
C. in which
21. Canada is larger than ____ country in Asia.
B. any other
22. Does ___ matter if he can’t finish the job on time?
23. ___ wrong going in by the back door.
24. We played several matches against the visitors, but unfortunately lost ____.
B. every one
25. I bought them _____.
A. an each ice cream
B. an every ice cream
C. each an ice cream
D. each ice cream
26. I don’t know which book is better, I shall read ___.
27. New English-Chinese Dictionary has been republished several times, ____ more up to date than
the last edition.
28. After paying 1,000 dollars ____, you’ll all become full members of our club.
29. ____ was her cruelty that we all hated her.
30. Mary has been ill in bed for a week. I wonder if she is ____ better now.
31. — Which of these two ties will you take?
— I don't like these. Do you have any_____?
32. I need some blue ink today but there is ____ at hand.
C. a little
33. — Shall we introduce ____ fire-fighting equipment from abroad?
— Go ahead, if necessary.
B. a few more
D. some other
34. I've just seen no more than one copy of Gone with the Wind in the bookshop opposite. Tom,
go and buy ____ back.
35. Cut the apple into halves so that the twins may each get ____ half.
36. The children were catching butterflies in the garden. Some caught a lot, and others caught
____ at all.
C. no one
37. — Is he content to accept our offered price?
— Yes. He cares more about the quality. Money is ____ to him.
38. — I love you more than her, child.
— You mean more than ___ love her or more than she loves ____ ?
A. you, me
B. I. you
C. you, you
D. I, me
39. Surely it's ___ with the big nose you mean, not ____!
A. he, I
B. him, me
C. him, I
D. he, me
40. ___ of us can do everything, but all of us can do ___ .
A. None, something
B. Some, everything
C. Few, something
D. Few, nothing 参考答案：一、1－5 B D C B B 6－10 B A C A B 11－15 D C A B D 16－20 A B B B C 21
－25 C D C D C 26－30 C C C B A
二、1-10: DBBCB CCADD 11-20: AABBD BAACA
21-30: ADBBC BDADC 31-40: DDDCD BCABA