1. How do they talk to each other on the Internet?
A. B. C.
2. What did the boy’s brother do last Sunday?
A. B. C.
3. What kind of film does the man like?
A. B. C.
4. What did the man use to kill the woman?
A. B. C.
5. How many children are there in the room?
6. Where can the woman be?
A. In the library.
B. At the doctor’s.
C. At a bookshop.
7. What’s the relationship（关系）between the two speakers?
A. Teacher and student.
B. Father and daughter.
C. Husband and wife.
8. How much is the white shirt?
A. 20 yuan.
B. 40 yuan.
C. 80 yuan.
9. When will Susan arrive?
A. At 4:30.
B. At 4:45.
C. At 5:20.
10. Why WON’T the boy go out?
A. It’s cool outside.
B. It’s raining outside.
C. It’s hot outside.
11. What was Mr. Wu doing when the kidnapping happened?
A. Watching TV.
B. Doing housework.
C. Chatting with his friend.
12. Why did Mrs. Zhang knock on Mr. Wu’s door?
A. Because she was coming for dinner.
B. Because she wanted to talk with him.
C. Because she wanted some help from Mr. Wu.
14. A. with different people B. under stress C. over the weekend
15. A. phone B. go to C. email
16. What does Tom’s mother do?
A. A patient.
B. A doctor.
C. A detective.
17. Where do the family often watch films?
A. At home.
B. At the cinema.
C. At the theatre.
18. Which film did Dad see last week?
A. Project A.
B. You’ve Got Mail.
C. Rush Hour.
19. Why does Tom like science fiction films?
A. Because he can learn much from them.
B. Because he loves the actors in the film.
C. Because the stories are better than other films.
20. Why do they watch cartoons together?
A. Maybe they love the little girl.
B. Maybe they like cartoons best.
C. Maybe they don’t like other films.
21.The Big Ben which has ________ history of 157 years will be silent until 2020.
22. If you are not brave enough, you might feel ______ easily when you are watching a horror film alone.
23. —Mr. Smith has never been to Beijing. What about his wife?
—________. She hopes to go there with her husband some day.
A. So has she
B. So is she
C. Neither has she
D. Neither is she
24. It was said the sports meeting they were looking forward to ________ because of the heavy rain.
C. being cancelled
D. was cancelled
25. It must be crazy ________ you to stay up late to play computer games. It is bad for your eyes.
26. We are asking anyone who saw anything strange last night ________ us.
C. to contact
27. I can’t drive my father’s car ________ I get my driving license.
28. —Maybe I can win a free trip around Europe in the game show.
—________. I don’t think you will have the chance.
A. That’s possible
B. Nothing is impossible
C. In your dreams
D. Cheer up
29. —Who was knocking at the door just now?
—________ was my cousin.
30. —The music in the movie is so wonderful.
—________, I just think it’s too noisy.
A. I can’t agree more
B. That’s what I think
C. I have the same feeling
D. That’s your opinion
31. Some students find it easier to ________ themselves in a letter than in a formal article.
32. —Didn’t you see her come in just now?
—Oh, sorry, I ________ to Bruno Mars’songs, who picked up prizes at the up-to-date 2017 Soul Train Awards.
A. is listening
B. was listening
C. would listen
D. have listened
33. The police are busy right now. They are ________ fingerprints at the scene.
A. checking for
B. connecting with
C. going over
D. showing off
34. —What happened to her? She looked so angry yesterday .
—Because of her son. The situation was ________ her control.
35. The exam ______ to be so difficult that only few students could pass it.
B. found out
C. broke out
D. turned out
36. So far, the AIIB(亚投行) has _______57 countries to be the founding members.
37. —It’s his new book, and I think it is more interesting than his other books.
—I agree with you. His latest book is up to his highest _________.
38. It’s not your turn yet. Please wait on the chair as soon as you_______.
A. have called
B. will call
C. are calling
D. are called
39. —Could you tell me _______?
—Her finger was cut by a knife.
A. w hat’s wrong with her
B. where she went just now
C. how long she has been like this
D. why she was hurt badly
40. —My sister has achieved her goal after years of hard work.
A. A friend in need is a friend indeed
B. Where there is a will, there is a way
C. Many hands make light work
D. One tree can’t make a forest
A power nap in the middle of a stressful day can be important and necessary.
This was how my daily life was arranged (安排) 41 kindergarten to middle school back in China—my classmates and I would always take a mid-afternoon 42 for an hour or two after lunch, during which we napped and rested. This arrangement allowed us to start off the 43 half of the school day feeling energetic.
When I started high school in the USA, however, things 44 . Students are only given 30 minutes for lunch and have to 45 to classes right afterward.
I’ve been in the USA for two years, but I’m still 46 with the absence of a nap in my school schedule. I often feel 47 during the class following lunch. And when I get home from school, I can’t start my homework without first taking a power nap for 30 minutes.
This difference in work schedules between China and the USA made me 48 how napping habits vary (不同)among different countries. In Spain, for example, people have their traditional “siesta”, meaning a short nap of 20 or 30 minutes every afternoon, while businesses and schools in countries like China, Mexico and Greece tend to give a mid-afternoon break of one or two 49 .
Even if I’m currently living in the USA, I still believe that napping can refuel (补充燃料) a person who doesn’t have much energy left after 50 work. After all, this article was written right after a
BY HUANG QIUMAN 17, THE BENJAMINSCHOOL, FLORIDA, US
41. A. like B. to C. from D. on
42. A. game B. break C. lesson D. show
43. A. first B. second C. third D. fourth