Listening test( 30 scores)
I. Listen to each sentence carefully and choose the correct response. Each sentence will be read only once. (10 scores)
1. A. It’s an apple. B. They’re apples.
C. There is some milk.
D. There are some apples.
2. A. Winter. B. It’s winter.
C. In winter.
3. A. She is very nice. B. She is 24 years old.
C. She is a policewoman.
D. She is playing the piano.
4. A. It’s 9:4
5. B. At 9:45.
C. By bus.
D. In a taxi.
5. A. No, thanks. B. Yes, please.
C. Sounds great.
D. I don’t want to.
6. A. Sure. B. Of course.
C. Thank you.
D. Never mind.
7. A. It is a Saturday. B. It’s August 21st.
C. It’s Monday.
D. It’s Women’s Day.
8. A. Coffee is nice. B. I want some coffee.
C. I can buy some coffee.
D. I like drinking coffee.
9. A. It’s October. B. It’s September.
C. It’s December.
D. It’s November.
10. A. Certainly not. B. The same to you.
C. Ok, here you are.
D. I’m happy to hear that. II. Listen to the dialogues carefully and choose the correct answers. Each dialogue will be read twice. (5 scores)
11. A. 7:15. B. 7:45. C. 7:50. D. 6:40.
12. A. Mom will. B. Sandy will. C. Mary will. D. Mary and Sandy will.
13. A. By car. B. By bike.
C. By train.
D. On foot.
14. A. A little milk, a banana and three oranges.
B. A little milk, a banana, three oranges and some sweets.
C.A little milk, a banana, three oranges and some chocolates.
D. A little milk, a banana, three oranges, some sweets and chocolates.
15. A. She is going to have a party.
B. She is going to fix the watch.
C. She is going to do to the watchmaker’s.
D. She is going to go to Tina’s party.
III. Listen to the conversation carefully and choose the correct answers. The conversation will be read twice. (5 scores)
16. When does the new term end?
A. In September.
B. In January.
C. In November.
D. In February.
17. What language can Morty speak?
A. Italian and Chinese
B. Chinese and German
C. Chinese and English
D. German and English
18. Where did Morty stay for two years?
B. In England.
D. In Germany.
19. Which places does Morty go if the vacation is longer?
B. Foreign countries.
C. Somewhere near his city.
D. Both B and C.
20. What’s the relationship between the woman and Morty?
A. She is Morty’s Mother
B. She is Morty’s friend.
C. She is Morty’s teacher.
D. She is Morty’s classmate.
IV. Listen to the passage carefully and judge if it’s true or false. If it’s true, please write A. If it is false, please write B. The passage will be read twice. (5 scores)
21. ( ) Lin Feng works in an old city.
22. ( ) It takes Lin Feng about twenty minutes from home to the factory.
23. ( ) He can have a long rest at midday.
24. ( ) There is no bus after five o’clock in the afternoon.
25. ( ) He is very tired when he arrives home.
V. Listen to the passage and choose the correct answers. The passage will be read three times. (5 scores)
26. Why do people like reading stories of dogs?
A. Because they think dogs are much funnier than other animals.
B. Because they think dogs are much cleverer than other animals.
C. Because they think dogs are much more helpful than other animals.
D. Because they think dogs are much more interesting than other animals.