一、交际用语（共计 10 分，每小题2分）
1.-Hello, I’m David Chen. Nice to meet you.
A. Are you?
B. Nice to meet you, too.
C. Very nice.
2.-It’s rather cold in here.Do you mind if I close the window?
A. No, go ahead.
B. Yes, please.
C. Sure, please.
3. - May I use your hike for a moment?
A. It doesn’t matter.
B. By all means.
C. I have no idea.
- My mother is retired. My father is a manager.
A. What are your parents doing right now
B. Do your parents still work
C. What do your parents do
5. - Hey, Derek, which do you think is harder to learn, marketing or designing?
A. It is the best design I have ever seen.
B. Personally, I think designing is more difficult.
C. I like it very much.
6-20 题：阅读下面的句子，从A 、B、C三个选项中选出一个能填入空白处的最佳选项。
6.People here usually each other by their first names instead of family names.
7. - What is your job?
-I’ m accountant.
8.Don’t be afraid ask a lot of questions.
9. Smile a lot and be friendly as possible to everyone you meet.
10.Keeping eye contact makes the other person welcome and comfortable.
B. to feel
11. Professor Smith promised to look my paper,that is, to read it carefully before
12.Children unde r fifteen are not pem1itted to see such kind of movies had for their m ental development.
A. that is
B. which is
C. as is
13. The work was done her instructions.
A. according to
B. according with
C. accordance with
14.She kept o n although she was tired，
A. to work
15. Your goal is to publish a book and have manuscript sent out to publishers by November 2016.
16.If you have any questions here,please tell us. We’ 11all b e t o help you.
17.I like the working atmosphere here. It’s very
18. I’ m looking forward to together with you.
19.How do I the gym?
A. get to
20.Charles regretted the TV set last year.The price has now come down.
A. to buy
三、阅读理解（共40 分，每小题4 分）
21-25 题：阅读下列短文，从A 、B、C三个选项中选出一个正确答案。
If you thought handshakes were just a gesture of greeting, then think again! A
handshake is not only a way of greeting; it can also show your personality. Since we all want to set a good first impression, it is important to know the right shaking hands manners.
Stand up and maintain eye contact while shaking hands.If you are seated when someone comes for a handshake,stand up and shake his or h er’hand.It is impolit e to be still seated. Keep right distance between the two of you;not too close,but enough distance to shake your hands well. Keeping eye contact makes the other person feel welcome and comfortable.
Keep a handshake brief and firm. You let go of each other’s hand after 2 -3 seconds. Make sure your handshake ends before your conversation does. One’s handshake should show a feeling of strength and warmth. The hand should be firm and not lifeless like seaweed. Then,how firm should a handshake be'? Just grasp the person’s hand completely and do not press it too hard.
21. Which of the following statements about the significance of handshakes is not true？
A. Handshakes are just a gesture of greeting.
B. Handshakes are more than a way of greeting‘
C. Handshakes can show our personality.
22. If you are seated when someone comes for a handshake, you should.
A. stand up and shake his or her hand
B. keep seated and shake his or her hand
C. bow and say hello to him or her
23. Keeping eye contact while shaking hands makes, the other person feel.
24. How long does a handshake usually last?
A. As long as the conversation lasts.
B. 5 minutes.
C. 2-3 seconds.
25. Which of the following words can best describe a proper handshake?
A. brief and strong
B. brief and firm
C. brief and soft
26-30 题：阅读下列短文，从 A、B、C 三个选项中选出一个正确答案。
How are you? I’m sitting on the balcony of my hotel. I am looking at Hyde Park in London
and I am thinking about my life here. I am having a wonderful time. I like my job - it is very interesting, and my colleagues are great. I love London -it’s busy, noisy, crowded and exciting. The cinemas, theatres, pubs and restaurants are really nice, - but they’re too expensive! I
think the people in London are very friendly (surprise!) and I’ve got some new friends.
What the weather like in Shanghai? Is it raining? Here it’s lovely! It isn't foggy! The sun is shining and the birds are singing. It’s very warm.
And it is my birthday today.
But I am missing you all in Shanghai. COME AND VISIT!
26. What does Xiaoyan stay in London for?
A. She is having a holiday.
B. She is working.
C. She is visiting some of her colleagues.
27. What are Xiaoyan’s London colleagues like?
A. They are very important.
B. They are very serious.
C. They are very nice.
28. What does Xiaoyan think of London?
A. She thinks it is relaxed.
B. She thinks it is cheap.
C. She thinks it is exciting.
29. What does Xiaoyan think of people in London?
A. She thinks they are interesting.
B. She thinks they are friendly.
C. She thinks they are surprising.
30. What’s the weather like in London when Xiaoyan· is writing this letter?
A. It is warm.
B. It is foggy.
C. It is cloudy.
四、翻译（共20 分，每小题4 分）
31. How long have you been working here?
32. New York University has forty-eight thousand students.
33. Of course, it has special meaning for people like me.
34. Follow your plan and don’t stop until it’s finished.
35. Once you’ve set a specific timeline, the next step is to take daily action and do your own part.
1. 一 Hello, Yang Lin speaking.
A.I am Carol.
B. This is Carol here.
C. Do you know who I am'?
2. - Excuse me where is the post of fie?
- Sorry I’m new here.
A. What a pity.
B. Thank you all the same.
C. Bad luck.
3. - Will you show me how to use this software?
A. Sure. You’11 master it in no time.
B. You are welcome.
C. Sorry, I’m too late for it.
4. - Dad, this is my roommate, Andrea.
A. Hello, Andrea. I’ve heard so much about you
B. Hope to meet you again
C. It’s very thoughtful of you
5. - Do you mind if I smoke here?
- . You can go to smoke in the yard.
A. Yes. please
B. Never mind
C. You’d better not.
二、词汇与结构（共计30 分，每小题2 分）
6.I have an English class a week.
B. three time
C. three times
7.He lunch in the canteen right now.
B. is having
8. w ine do you need for the party?
A. How much
B. How little
C. How many
9.It was on the beach Miss White found the kid lying dead.
10.Such office software is popular the executive secretaries.
11. Copying files under Linux is similar copying files under DOS.
12.A secretary must big pile of files and correspondence in office.
A. deal with
B. agree with
C. get along with
13. means to do what you should do on time.
A. To be punctual
B. Be punctual
14. Do not do anything should go against his will.
15.This is true of management of workers.
B. as well as
16. He can good English.
17. You have more apples than do. But are better than yours.
A. us, we
B. we, ours
C. ours, us
18. Does David ？
A. like flying
B. likes flying
C. like to flying
19.I usually go to the office train.
20.Neither John his father was able to wake up early enough to catch the morning tram.
In Britain people usually have a doctor near their home or in their town. This is the local doctor. You have to register with a doctor before you can make an appointment. You usually have to fill in a form and the doctor examines you. Families often all register with the same doctor.
Doctors often work together in groups, and the name of the place where they work is a
Doctor’s Surgery. The government pays for this system, and it is free to go to see your doctor.
If the doctor decides that you need treatment he can prescribe medicine. For example he can prescribe antibiotics for an infection. Medicine can be tablets to take with water or liquid to drink. The doctor writes the prescription. You take the prescription to the chemist’s, and the chemist will make up the medicine for you. You usually have to pay some money for the medicine but you don’t have to pay the full price.
( F ）21. British people usually go a long way to see a doctor.
( T ）22. British families often register with the same doctor.
( F ）23. Doctors always work alone in their own Doctor’s Surgery.
( T ）24. British people don’t have to pay when they see their doctor.
( T ）25. British people usually have to pay for their prescription at the chemist’s.
26-30 题：阅读下列短文，从A 、B、C三个选项中选出一个正确答案。
You want to know about my gym.
The gym is"New You".The phone number is020 791 1340.It’s near Oxford Circus.
There is a swimming pool and there are a lot of classes. There is a yoga class on
Tuesday morning and there are aerobics classes every evening. There is also a Tai Chi class, on Wednesday and Saturday afternoon between 2:00 and 3:00. There are lots of running machines and weights machines, but there aren’t any bicycles. There’s a sauna, but there
isn’t a steam room and there are very nice showers and free cosmetics! The best time to come
is in the evening because there are a lot of trainers to help you. There are different ways to pay for the classes. You can pay by cash, credit card or cheque.
See you there?
26.When can you go to aerobics class in ”New You”？
A. On Monday morning.
B. On Saturday evening
C. Every day in the daytime.
27. When does the Tai Chi class start?
A. On Wednesday.
B. On Saturday afternoon.
C. At 2: 00 p.m. on Wednesday and Saturday.
28. What is free in the gym?
A. Steam room.
29. Why is it best to come in the evenings?
A. Because there are a lot of trainers to help you.
B. Because there ar e less people.
C. Because there are more classes.
30. How can you pay for the class? (C）
A. Only by cheque.
B. Free charge.
C. By credit card or cash.
四、翻译（共计20 分，每小题4 分）
31. We shall he flying to South America this time next month.
32. I want to know when he is leaving for New York tomorrow.
33. Will this be a one-way trip ?
34. Thanks to our hard work, we can fulfil the task on time.
35. At last the Englishman got angry with the visitor though he tried not to show it.
-Please call me Mary. That’s my first name.
A. How are you
B. How shall I address you
C. Are you Mary
2. - I’d like to apply for a library card.
’ - .
A. Are you a student?
B. With pleasure
C. Fill out the application form first, please.
3. - Hello, I’d like to speak to Phil.
- He’s out to lunch now.
A. Sorry, you can’t.
B. I don’t know.
C. Would you mind calling back later?
4. - Would you mind helping me for a minute, Barbara?
- .What do you want me to do?
A. Yes, I do
B. I’d be glad to
C. Sorry ， I have no time
5. - I would like to make an appointment for the meeting. Which day would you prefer, Tuesday or Thursday?
A. At any time
B. You make the time
C. Well, either time will do
二、词汇与语法｛ 共计 30 分，每小题 2 分）
6-20 题：阅读下面的句子，从 A 、B 、C 三个选项中选出一个能填入空白处的最佳选项。
6. Hello, everyone. I ’d like to t o you our new secretary, Melinda Smith.
7. I think is impolite t o call people by their first names.
8. ”Isn ’t it impolite to call people by their first names ？”T h e underlined word is the same word class as .
9. I ’ m a deputy manager. I an IT company.
A. work for
B. work about
10. With his work completed, the manager stepped back to his seat, feeling pleased he was a man of action.
11. Within the team, a work plan can tell each member what and why.
A. is being done
B. has done
C. has been done 12. A good tour guide tells visitors .
A. What they couldn’t miss during the trip
B. What during the trip they couldn’t miss
C. What couldn’t miss they during the trip
13. He published the journal from 1991 to 2015.
14. Copying files under Linux is similar copying files under DOS.
15. On their arrival, you should the following points.
A. attention to
B. pay attention to
C. pay to
16. after introduction,you can ask about their journey.
A. To break the ice
B. Broken the ice
C. Breaking the ice
o n the vast grasslands was a good
17.The environmentalists and wild goats’ ＿
indication of the better e nvironment.
a t the hotel before 6pm.
18. We have to ＿
A. check in
B. check off
C. check on
19.Scientists have made great contributions development of our human beings.
20.She feel very tired and was glad to him.
A. depend on
B. put on
C. lean on
三、阅读理解（共计40 分，每小题4 分）
Meetings are very common nowadays. They can be weekly, monthly or annually. Some people
think most meetings feel like a waste of time. They seem pointless and boring at times.
Then how do you run an effective meeting?
First, assign roles, such as greeter, timekeeper and note taker, so that you, the organizer,can be free to lead discussions and presentations.
Next, take charge from the start. Everyone will listen to you and join your discussion
if you take charge in every aspect of the meeting. Show everyone that you really know what you are talking about, and everything that you talk about is useful.
Most important of all, follow the agenda. At the end of the meeting, spend a little extra time for the participants to discuss anything that needs to be immediately
discussed but which may not have been on the agenda.
Always ask the participants questions to speak their minds and keep them interested. Remember that a good meeting is a two -way communication. Be open to everyone’s opinion, ideas, and suggestions. Don’t forget to thank them for the ideas they present.
And finally, close the meeting with everyone knowing what is expected of them and what they should do for the following weeks. Then, send out meeting minutes within a few days, while everyone still remembers the points.
( T ）21. A successful meeting should have different people to play different roles.
( T ）22. Generally people only discuss the items listed on the agenda in a successful meeting.
( F ）23. An unsuccessful meeting might be full of single-way communication.
( F ）24. When the meeting is closed, it means there is nothing to do in the following weeks.
( F ）25. Minutes should be sent out to the participants within a month after the end
of the meeting.
Elizabeth Blackwell was born in England in 1821, and moved to New York City when she
was ten years old. One day she decided that she wanted to become a doctor. That was nearly impossible for a woman in the middle of the nineteenth century. After writing many letters
asking for admission （录取） to medical schools, she was finally accepted by a doctor in
Philadelphia. She was so determined that she taught school and gave music lessons to money for the cost of schooling.
In 1849, after graduation from medical school.she decided to further her education
in Paris.She wanted to be a surgeon （外科医师）,but a serious eye problem forced her to give up the idea.
Upon returning to the United States, she found it difficult to start her own practice because she was a woman. By 1857 Elizabeth and her sister, also a doctor,
along with another woman doctor, managed to open a new hospital, the first for women and children. Besides being the first woman physician and founding her own hospital, she also set up the first medical school for women.
26. Why couldn’t Elizabeth Blackwell realize her dream of becoming a surgeon?
A. She couldn’t get admitted to medical school
B. She decided to further her education in Paris
C. A serious eye problem stopped her
27.What main obstacle（障碍）almost destroyed Elizabeth’s chances for becoming for a doctor?
A. She was a woman.
B. She wrote too many letters.
C. She couldn’t graduate from medical school.
28. How many years passed between her graduation from medical school and the
opening of her hospital?
A. Eight years
B. Ten years
C. Nineteen years
29.According to the passage,all of the following are"firsts”in the life of Elizabeth Blackwell, except that she.
A. became the first woman physician
B. and several other women founded the first hospital for women and children
C. set up the first medical school for women
30.Elizabeth Blackwell spent most of her like in.
C. the United States
四、翻译（共计20 分，每小题4 分）
31. Your life has changed and you will get used to it.
32. Since we all want to set a good first impression, it is important to know the
right shaking hands manners.
33. Years ago, zoos kept all kinds of animals in small cages.
34. He was too tired to say a word and went to bed at once.
35. When meeting someone, rise i f you are seated smile, extend your hand and repeat the other person’s name in your greeting.