1. Exports have already ___C____ last year is figure.
2. I like watching TV ___D____ to the cinema.
A.more than to go
B.rather than to go
D.more than going
3. The money is to be used for the _____A____ of the disabled.
4. No sooner had I reached the top of the hill __C____ I sat down to rest.
5. We are to have a class meeting before we __B_____ for the vacation.
6. Ted agreed to ___C_____ the strike if the company would satisfy the demand of the workers.
7. I know I have seen that man before, but I can not ___D_____ where.
8. People buy insurance in order to ___C_____ a small certain loss for a large uncertain one.
9. We are ____A___ our holiday pictures onto a screen so that lots of people can see them clearly at the same time.
10. I had some trouble ___B_____ the letter. The boy is handwriting was so poor.
11. ___C___ I saw you I know you were angry with me.
12. Do not eat all the cakes now. ___C_____ some for tomorrow.
13. The child is still young, so it is hard to say what he will __D_____ to.
14. It is by no ____B____ easy to finish the work in half an hour.
15. The roof began to ___D_____ because of the great weight on it.
A. give up
16. There is no __A______ about the matter. Take your time.
17. Poor food and lack of exercise __C_____ the boy is poor health.
A. led to
D. resulted from
18. When we reached the top of Mount Tai, a magnificent view of the land ____A____ us.
19. This English course is ____A____ to help those wishing to study abroad.
20. Your son ___C_____ me of you at his age.
21. When you are learning to drive, having a good teacher makes all the __D_____.
22. It is hard to ___D_____ her from her sister; they look so alike.
23. She __C_____ with the officer not to give her a ticket.
24. The plane made a(n) ___B_____ landing.
25. Some interesting questions ___B______ at our discussion of current affairs.
26. You must go there quickly ___C_____ you won not be back in time.
B. or other
27. It is urgent that he ___A_____ be rescued from the mountain before dark.
28. We have ___A____ time and again that we will never be the first to use nuclear weapons.
29. Please ____C____ your telephone message in writing.
30. The ___B_____ temperature of the human body is about 37 degree.
31. When the streets are full of melting snow, you can not help but __A______ your shoes wet.
32. You must not let pleasure __B______ with your study.
33. Take an umbrella __B____ it rains.
A.in any case
B. in case
34. Attitudes __A____ daydreaming have been changing.
35. He felt he did not ___C______ to be given such a great honour.
36. I can not afford the car. It is too ___A_____.
37. She asked me ___A____.
A.whether or not I had finished the job
B.did I finish the job
C.is the job finished or not
D.if or not I ha ve finished the job
38. Enough care should be taken to __C_____ the express way.
39. We both ___D_____ agree that my salary should be doubled.
40. The boy kept bothering me with questions and I could not __B______ on what I was reading.
41. From the hotel there is a good __A_____ of the mountain.
42. It is __D____ the corner of the room near the window.
43. Nothing he did was wrong, __A____?
B.was not it
D. were not they
44. He is so careless that he often ____A____ to bring his book to class.
45. I wrote to ask him how he was getting along __A______ his colleagues.
46. He is exhausted __A_____ the two-hour trip through the mud.
47. The drought of this spring ___B______ the crops.
48. After a long and hard work, he finally __D______ his goal.
49. The engine was out of control and now the boat was ___C_____.
50. Give them an inch, __C______ they will take a mile.
51. A good teacher helps __B_____ a childs character.
52. ___A___ the weather was fine, I opened all the windows.
53. You will fail in the examination __A____ you study harder.
D.as soon as
54. Your composition is quite good ___D_____ some spelling mistakes.
55. The thief steals whatever he can ___C_____.
http://m.wendangku.net/doc/384bdda6524de518964b7dd3.htmly his fingers on
B.have a hand in
C. get his hands on
D.put his hand to
56. The teacher recommended Jack __D______ monitor.
57. You will get a ticket if you ___B_____ the speed limit.
58. A word of praise will have a great ____D____ on a child.
59. The girl did not go to sleep _A_____ her parents came home.
60. You are late again, but I shall not hold it __B_____ you as it is not your fault.