Part I Listening Comprehension (15 minutes)
8. B 9. B 10. D
11. the Internet 12. boss 13. pollution
14. human 15. face to face
Part II Vocabulary & Structure (15 minutes)
16. B 17. A 18. C 19. D 20. A
21. B 22. C 23. C 24. D 25. D
26. applications 27. cheerful 28. has seen 29. introduced 30. is allowed 31. having seen 32. to discuss 33. will last 34. deeply 35. use
Part III Reading Comprehension (40 minutes)
36. B 37. C 38. A 39. B 40. C
41. C 42. B 43. C 44. B 45. A
46. Information security specialist 47. information system security
48. bachelor’s 49. Permanent Resident status 50. resumes@http://m.wendangku.net/doc/399d5a0003d8ce2f00662313.html
51. B, G 52. K, M 53. J, N 54. P, F 55. Q, E
A. reading, reference and copying阅读、查阅、复印
B. staff only员工专用
C. closed shelves for undergraduates本科生专用书架
D. information retrieval room信息检索室
E. inter-library loan馆际互借
F. display & reading room for new books新书展览室
G. multi-media reading room多媒体阅览室H. reference department office参考书部门办公室I. novelty research奇书检索J. lecture hall报告厅
K. reading room for reference books参考书阅览室L. return deposit还书库
M. reading room for Chinese social books中文社科图书阅览室
N. title catalogue书名目录O. circulation for foreign books外文书刊借阅P. card catalogue卡片目录Q. periodicals and magazines期刊杂志阅览Task 5
56. visitors 57. accepted 58. website
59. questions or comments 60. Jim Smith
Part IV Translation---English into Chinese (25 minutes)
61. B---A---D---C 2---1---0.5---0
62. D---C---B---A 2---1---0.5---0
63. B---A---D---C 2---1---0.5---0
64. C---A---B---D 2---1---0.5---0
Part V Writing (25 minutes)
Dec. 23, 2007 Dear Sirs,
I write this letter to apply for the position of volunteer for the 29th Beijing Olympic Games.
I am 21, male, majoring in English in Beijing University. Now, I am in Grade Two. I can communicate with foreign friends fluently in English and Japanese. Last summer vacation I worked as a tourist guide for Beijing Casor Travel Agency and this summer I served as the interpreter for the Ministry of Civil Affairs, so I believe I am able to do the job as a volunteer.
If possible, I would like to be the tourist guide because I have that kind of experience. My email box is Liming@http://m.wendangku.net/doc/399d5a0003d8ce2f00662313.html.
Look forward to your early reply.
1. W: How long have you been here in China?
M: I just came a week ago. I will be here for three more weeks.
Q: When did the man come to China? (A)
2. M: Linda, do you work in the same office with Peter?
W: No, I don’t. But we are on the same floor.
Q: What can we learn from the conversation? (D)
3. W: Shall we invite Tom over for dinner this weekend?
M: No, he is now on a business trip.
Q: What does the man mean? (B)
4. M: Could I speak to Miss Green please? It’s from the travel agency.
W: Oh, sorry. She is not in the office. She called me up from the bank just now.
Q: Where is Miss Green most probably now? (A)
5. W: We need three copies of this report. Shall I do the copying now?
M: Don’t bother. I can do it myself. Thanks anyway.
Q: What does the woman offer to do? (C)
W: Good afternoon, sir. May I help you?
M: Good afternoon. We’ve got a reservation.
W: May I know your name please?
M: Bill Anderson. That is A-N-D-E-R-S-O-N.
W: Just a minute, please. Yes, four people for two weeks. Right?
M: Yes. Where are the rooms?
W: One double room is on the third floor and two single rooms on the fourth.
M: Can we go to our rooms now?
W: Please fill out a registration form first. We’ll send the suitcases to your rooms.
M: All right.
Q6: How many rooms has the man booked? (C)
Q7: What does the woman ask the man to do? (B)
M: Good morning.
W: Good morning. Can I help you?
M: Yes, are there any tickets left for the Japanese concert on the 28th please?
W: Sorry. The concert is on the 30th.
M: Really? I read about it in the paper today. I’m sure it said the Japanese concert is on the 28th. W: Oh, sorry. I thought you said the Jazz concert. The Japanese concert is on the 28th. There are only back seats left.
M: that’s OK. Can I have two please?
W: Yes. How would you like to pay for this?
M: Cash. Here is 60 pounds.
W: Thank you. And here are your tickets.
Q8: What kind of tickets is the man going to buy? (B)
Q9: What kind of tickets is available? (B)
Q10: How much does the man pay for the tickets? (D)
With the increasing use of the Internet, it is becoming more and more common for people to work at home. There appear to be many advantages to this. First, it saves time and money normally spent on traveling. It also reduces pollution. In addition, you have the opportunity to choose when and how you work. It’s not necessary that everyone stick to a nine-to-five working day. You can be your own boss.However, human interaction if you only work at home. Real communication seems to be absent. Perhaps younger people don’t have this problem as they can use online communication techniques face to face. In fact, most people are not able to work just at home without meeting their colleagues face to face sometimes.