八年级上Unit 1 Where did you go on vacation？练习
1. (2013·齐齐哈尔中考)—Have you read today’s newspaper? —No, I haven’t. Is there in it?
A. something important
B. anything special
C. new anything
2. —Believe in, Jack! I’m sure you can make it. —Thank you, Mum.
3. (2013·泰安中考)—Who helped you clean the bedroom yesterday, Kitty? —. I cleaned it all by myself.
4. The Greens arrived New York a sunny day.
A. in; in
B. at; in
C. at; on
D. in; on
5. Oh, the food smells good. But what does it like?
6. —What a nice watch! When you it? —Three days ago.
A. do; buy
B. did; bought
C. were; buy
D. did; buy
7. (2013·随州中考)—Is your friend Michael still in Australia?
—I don’t know. I have information about him because we haven’t seen each other for years.
A. a little; a few
B. little; a few
C. a few; a little
D. few; a little
8. The Great Wall is famous lots of visitors all over the world come to visit it every year.
A. so; that
B. such; that
C. enough; that
D. very; that
9. Jane to Mount Tai with her family last summer vacation.
D. is going
10. (2013·呼和浩特中考)—I’m going to spend my summer holiday in Hawaii.
—What a lucky boy!And don’t forget to send me a postcard.
A. That sounds good.
B. Have a good time!
C. Good luck!
D. Can I go with you?
This week, I asked my classmates about their vacations. Here are some of their answers.
Linda1to Sydney, Australia. The2was sunny and the people3
friendly to her. She went there by4and the air trip was relaxing. She went to
Sydney Opera House. It’s wonderful. She had a5vacation.
Alice went6her aunt. At first the weather was7and wet, she had to
stay at the house. She watched TV8the TV shows were boring. Later on the
weather got better. So she went shopping with her aunt. The shop assistants were
all9and kind. She bought something nice for herself.
Peter stayed at home. First he did his homework. It was a little difficult. Then
he10computer games. They were interesting. He thought his vacation was OK.
1. A. go B. goes C. went D. going
2. A. place B. weather C. museum D. beach
3. A. were B. was C. is D. are
4. A. bike B. train C. bus D. plane
5. A. bad B. terrible C. great D. boring
6. A. to visit B. visiting C. visited D. visits
7. A. sunny B. rainy C. windy D. wind
8. A. but B. and C. or D. with
9. A. friend B. impolite C. unfriendly D. friendly
10. A. play B. played C. listened D. wrote
Our family went to the Yellow Stone National Park last summer
vacation. Our son, Tom, wanted to see bears there. And what an
When we got there, we put up our tent and went to explore(探险). As
we returned, we heard our daughter Susie cry out. And then we saw a bear go into our camp.
Tom wanted his father to chase(追赶)him away. His father said, “No. It’s dangerous to chase a bear. And don’t let him chase you. ”Susie said, “What shall we do? Maybe we should climb a tree. ”Tom said, “No. We have to get him out of there. He might go to sleep in our tent. ”“Maybe we could make him leave if we put some honey outside for him to eat. ”Susie suggested. Then I said, “How are you going to get the honey? It’s in the tent. ”We watched the bear go into the tent and heard him upset(翻倒; 弄翻)everything inside. “It’s foo lish for us to try to chase him away. ”said my husband, “Leave him alone and wait for him to come out. ”We waited, but the bear stayed inside. We had to sleep in the car that night.
1. Tom wanted to go to Yellow Stone National Park to see.
2. Where did the family go on vacation last summer?
A. They went to the Central Park.
B. They went to Yellow Stone National Park.
C. They went to a zoo.
D. They just stayed at home.
3. Who do you think saw the bear first?
C. The writer.
D. The writer’s husband.
4. What did they do when they saw a bear go into their tent?
A. They chased the bear away.
B. They stayed outside the tent and did nothing.
C. They climbed up a tree.
D. They put some honey outside for the bear to eat.
5. What did the bear do in the tent?
A. He ate the honey.
B. He chased the people away.
C. He drank the beer.
D. He turned things upside down.
1. H can lay eggs, but cocks can’t.
2. He got wet in the rain because he didn’t have an u.
3. You can ask(任何人)here for help if you are in trouble.
4. Most people(不喜欢)selfish men.
5. Both of John’s parents are(商人). They’re very busy.
1. 每次乘飞机时, 我感觉我就像一只鸟儿飞翔在天空。
I___________ ___________a bird flying in the sky every time when I take a plane.
___________ ___________ ___________ ___________it is!
3. 因为下大雪, 他只好待在家里。
He had to stay at home___________ ___________the heavy snow.
David finally___________ ___________ ___________it again.
I hope to have___________ ___________ ___________ ___________a big house my parents.
北京(Beijing)是中国的首都(capital)。它有许多名胜古迹(interesting places), 如长城、故宫、天安门广场等。假如你是Kate, 你到北京旅游, 度过了一个愉快的暑假。请你给你的同学Mike发一封电子邮件, 介绍一下北京之旅。
要求: 1. 语言正确, 条理清晰, 书写规范；
2. 词数: 60~80个词。
Kate Ⅸ. 短文填空(10分)
I1(go)to Paris with my parents on vacation. The weather was fine. We2
(have)a sightseeing(观光)tour of the city and we also3(visit)some of the famous places
like the Eiffel Tower. From Paris we traveled down to the south of France near Marseilles
by boat. We4(stay)there for three days. There we had a lot of fun. We5(swim)in
the sea and6(take)many photos. We also7(do)lots of sports on the beach. We8
(go)back a week later by train. The people there9(be)friendly. The food10(be)delicious. So the trip was really great.
1. 2. 3.
4. 5. 6.
7. 8. 9.