1. What place of interest may he visit?
2. How many girls are there in the class?
3. Where are the two speakers talking now?
A. B. C.
4．How is Linda going to the cinema tonight?
A. B. C.
5. Which city did Sandy visit last?
C. New York.
6. When will Jim’s birthday party begin?
A. At 5:30.
B. At 5:00.
C. At 4:30.
7. What is Jack’s sister?
A. A nurse.
B. A teacher.
C. A student.
8. Who does the red pen belong to?
9. What can we learn about this young lady?
A. She hasn’t got married.
B. She is very shy.
C. She is homorous.
10. What's the date today?
A. Sep 9th.
B. Sep 10th .
C. Sep 11th.
11. When is hi s father’s birthday?
A. This Sunday．
B. This Thursday．
C. This Saturday.
12. What are they going to do for his father’s birthday?
A. They’re going to have a party.
B. They’re going to have a picnic.
C. They’re going to have a big dinner.
13. A. fishing B. camping C. swimming
14. A. 5 B. 6 C. 7
15. A. guitar B. violin C. piano
16. How will Americans feel if they are asked “Where are you going”?
A. They'll feel happy.
B. They'll feel surprised.
C. They'll feel excited.
17. Who can ask “Where are you going” in America according to the article?
18. What does the question “Have you had your meal” mean in Americans’ eyes?
A. An invitation.(邀请)
B. A greeting.
C. An introduction.(介绍)
19. Which of the following will NOT be a greeting in America?
A. How are you?
C. How old are you?
20. What does the speaker mainly want to tell us?
A. We should learn more foreign languages.
B. Different countries have different customs.
C. We can’t ask “Have you had meals” any more.
21. The Changjiang River is ________ useful river. It is ______ longest river in China.
A. an, a
B. the, a
C. a, the
D. an, the
22. When you visit Italy, you can go to and take photos there.
A. Mount Fuji
B. the Tower Bridge
C. the Stature of Liberty
D. the Leaning Tower of Pisa
23. ---Miss Zhang, I can’t find my pen.
--- If you can’t find _____, you can borrow _____ from your classmate
A. it; it
B. one; one
C. it; one
D. one ; it
24. ---_______I come back before five o’clock?
---No, you ________. But you________ be back later than seven o’clock
A. Need; must; mustn’t
B. May; mustn’t; can’t
C. Can; can’t; can’t
D. Must; needn’t; can’t
25. ---I can’t find my brother.
---He ________ Beijing on business and he back in 2 weeks.
A. has been to; has come
B. has gone to; has come
C. has gone to；will come
D. has been to ;will come
26. Yesterday, Millie her dictionary to me, and said I could it for a week.
A. lent; keep
B. lent; lend
C. lent; have
D. lent; borrow
27. ---I’m so rry I ___________ my exercise book at home.
---That’s all right. Don’t forget _________ it to school this afternoon.
A. left, to take
B. forgot, to bring
C. forgot, to take
D. left, to bring
28. ––Will’s already back from the charity walk, _________he?
––__________. Now he’s taking a rest in the next room.
A. hasn’t; Yes
B. has; No
C. isn’t; Yes
D. is ; No
29. The old man lives ________ in a lonely house, but he doesn't feel ________.
A. alone, alone
B. lonely, alone
C. lonely, lonely
D. alone, lonely
30. I’m not ________ thirsty, please give me ________ water.
A. a bit of; a little
B. a bit; a little of
C. a little; a bit
D. a little; a bit of
31. Tom _________ Catherine in 1998. That is to say, they _________ for 12 years.
A. got married with , have got married
B. married , have married
C. married, have been married
D. married with, have been married
32. It’s said that two years________ since the old man _______.
A. has passed, has dead
B. has passed, died
C. have passed, died
D. have passed, has died
33. We had no time _______, but we had a great time _______ the model plane together.
A. to chat; making
B. to chat, to make
C. chatting; making
D. chatting; to make
34. When the dancers stopped _______ to us, we all couldn’t stop ________ excitedly.
A. waving; to shout
B. to wave, shouting
C. to wave, to shout
D. to waving; shouting
35. --- It’s too col d. Would you mind _______ the window?
A. to close; OK
B. closing; Certainly not
C. opening; Of course not
D. to open; Good idea
Peter was a potter (制陶工). He had a wife and two fine sons. One night, his older son got a stomachache. At first, Peter and his wife thought the boy just got a bad cold, so they didn’t take it
36 . But it was not a cold. It was terrible appendicitis(阑尾炎), and the boy died suddenly that night. Knowing the 37 could not happen if he had taken the ill seriously, Peter was very 38 and was 39 of guilt(罪恶). Then his wife couldn’t accept the thing, so she left him alone with his six-year-old 40 son.
Peter lost his two favourite persons. He felt no hope in the world and 41 to alcohol(酒精). Then Peter became an alcoholic(酒鬼). As he drank more, Peter began to lose 42 he had---his home, his land and his work. Finally, Peter died 43 in a San F rancisco room. When I heard of Peter’s death, I thought he was a 44 and wasted his life. As time went by, I began to know 45 I once thought was wrong. I knew Peter’s little son, Ernie. He is one of the kindest, most caring, most loving men I have ever known. I watched Ernie with his children and saw the love 46 them. I knew that kindness and caring had to come from somewhere. I never heard Erine talk much about his 47.
One day I asked him, ‘I’m really puzzled by something. I know your father was the only one to raise you. What on earth (究竟) did he do to make you become such a special person?’ Ernie sat quietly and smiled for a few 48 . Then he said, “When I was a child, he came into my room every night, gave me a kiss and said, ‘I love you, son.’ ”
Tears(眼泪) came into my 49 . Peter had not left any money 50 , but he had been a kind, loving fath er, and he left behind a legacy(遗产) of love.
36. A. serious B. seriously C. easy D. easily
37. A. dead B. died C. death D. die
38. A. happy B. sad C. bored D. tired
39. A. fill B. filled C. full D. fulled
40. A. fine B. elder C. younger D. youngest
41. A. got B. turned C. came D. said
42. A. everything B. something C. anything D. nothing
43. A. slowly B. alone C. hopefully D. happily
44. A. winner B. stranger C.traveller D. loser
45. A. that B. why C. what D. /
46. A. in B. between C. among D. with
47. A. father B. mother C. brother D. sister
48. A. years B. days C. minutes D. hours
49. A. eyes B. ears C. hands D. feet
50. A. back B. behind C. in front D. before
51. Nick has a vacation for a week. He can go _______.
A. hiking in the mountain
B. fishing in the park
C. swimming in the lake
D. walking along a valley
52. Mr. and Mrs. King want to stay in Luoji Mountain with their seven-year-old son and eleven-year-old daughter. They need to pay _______ for the trip.
53. You should call _____ if you want to enjoy the sunshine in one of the trips.
Teahouses(茶馆) in Chengdu
There is a saying, “China has the best teahouses in the world and Chengdu has the best teahouses in China.” Chengdu has not only many teahouses but also the special ways of serving and drinking tea.
As soon as the visitors come into the teahouses, the waiters or waitresses will greet them with teapots and cups in their hands. The cups often have special covers and saucers(茶碟). The covers can keep the water warm.
People who go to the teahouses are not all thirsty. Retired(退休)people pay a little money to the teahouses and then sit there all day long to chat with others. Sometimes, people have parties in the teahouses. They eat fruit and sunflower seeds(瓜子)while they chat and return home when they are tired.
Teahouses are also good places for people to talk about businesses. People can tell the stories and enjoy Sichuan Opera. Sometimes when people have a quarrel(争吵), a mediator(调解员)will bring them to the teahouse. After their problem is worked out, the person who is wrong will pay for the tea. It is interesting that as soon as the quarrelers come into the teahouse and sit down to drink tea, they have almost calmed down. With the help of the mediator, their problems can be easily worked out then. Maybe we can say the teahouses have some special social functions(功能).
54．Chengdu has the best teahouses in China because _____.
A．The serving of the teahouses in Chengdu is very special
B．There are many people in Chengdu teahouses
C．There are many old men in Chengdu teahouses
D．The cups in Chengdu teahouses are old
55．People in Chengdu’s teahouses may _____ while they are drinking according to the passage.
A．enjoy interesting stories B．watch movies
C．listen to Beijing Opera D．quarrel in loud voice
56．Who will pay for the tea after the mediator solves some problems?
A．The mediator himself B．The person who caused the problem
C．All the persons in the teahouse D．The owner of the teahouse
57．This passage is taken from the newspaper. Which part do you think it is from?
A．The sports part. B．The news part.
C．The culture part. D．The family part.
There was a famous church (教堂)in London. It was 110 meters high. The center of the church was like a bell. The ceiling of the church was painted by a famous artist. They built a platform (平台)so that the artist could put up a ladder on it and paint the ceiling. The platform was about 70 meters over the ground.
One day the artist was working hard and nearly finished one popular corner of the ceiling. Also on the platform was his assistant（助手）, who was mixing paints. The artist stepped back so that he could see how his work was doing. To have a better look at his painting, he stepped back again. Suddenly, his assistant shouted, picked up a small bowl of paint and started to paint the artist's work on the top. The artist was very angry and rushed forwards to stop him.
“What do you think you are doing?” he shouted angrily. “Are you mad(疯的)?” His assistant replied, “I saw you walking backwards to have a better look at your painting. But you didn't notice that you reached the very edge(边缘) of the platform. You were in great danger. I wanted to make you move forwards. If I had not made you run forwards, you would have fallen backwards off the edge of the platform.”
58. The story happened in .
59. Why did the artist step back again?
A. To have a better look at his painting.
B. To see how his work was doing.
C. To paint a bowl in his painting.
D. To pour some paint on his painting.
60. What did the assistant do to stop the artist falling off the platform?
A. He ran forwards to stop him
B. He stopped mixing the paints.
C. He painted a famous painting himself.
D. He shouted to the artist and painted his painting.
61. After reading the passage, what do you think the artist would probably do?
A. He would be angry with what the assistant had done.
B. He would be thankful to the assistant for saving his life.
C. He would punish the assistant for having destroyed (毁坏) his painting.
D. He wouldn't allow (允许) the assistant to work with him any more.
Smoking in indoor public places including public working places, public transport vehicles and some other special outdoor working places has been banned(禁止)in China since January 2011.Let’s look at the following advantages of banning smoking.
First, banning smoking will not only help in saving smokers from health
problems and diseases, but will also be good for passive(被动)smokers. When the
smoker is smoking in a restaurant, the people around him are sure to breathe in the smoke and suffer from the diseases an active smoker gets. If smoking is banned, spread of these diseases can be controlled.
Next, banning smoking will put stress on smokers to give up. Since a smoker is prevented from smoking, he will learn how to live without smoking for long hours. When a smoker doesn’t smell or see anybody around him smoking, it might reduce his wish to smoke too. As a result, people have to give up smoking.
Smoking in public places influences non-smokers to start smoking, especially adolescents. When teens see people around them smoking, they will follow them easily. Thus the number of teen smokers will increase. Also asthma(哮喘)and other problems are often seen in children living around smokers. So if it is banned, these places will become safe for children and teenagers.
Looking from the economic point of view, smoking should be banned to increase work productivity(生产率).Employees(雇员)who smoke usually take breaks to smoke while working. So the number of hours they put in their work is smaller.
If you see from the environment point of view, smoking should be banned. Smoking causes air pollution. If it is banned, it will help keep the environment from getting worse.
62.________ doesn’t belong to a non-smoking place.
A. A field
63. The second paragraph mainly wants to tell us ______.
A. banning smoking is good for restaurants
B. banning smoking is good for non-smokers
C. banning smoking is good for spread of diseases
D. banning smoking is good for active smokers and passive smokers
64. According to the text, the underlined word “adolescents” means ____.
65. Which of the following statements in NOT true?
A. If smoking is banned, work productivity will increase.
B. If smoking is banned, the number of teen smokers will be larger.
C. If smoking is banned, it will make the environment become better.
D. If smoking is banned, smokers will learn how to live without smoking.
66. Working________ (条件)have changed a lot in the company recently.
67. Australian seasons are the______ (对立的人或物)of ours.
68. At last, we ________ (know or understand) we failed the exam again.
69. The man has been there (more than two) times.
70. Everyone is here ________Tom and Jack. They have gone to Shanghai.
71. It is my to help you look after your dog while you are away.
72. The song “Memory” has been popular since the century.
73. Many Chinese students choose to study in some countries like France and England.
74. It is for me to do so many things in two days. Can you help me?
75. The couple lived in the part of the city before their son was born.
76. My teacher over ten books out of the classroom when I came in just now.
77. The rain . Let’s go out to take a walk.
78. —Sam, come downstairs, please. I need your help.
—Just a minute, Mum. I the room.
79. I like Nantong very much, and I __________ here for another two months.
80. Mrs Green together with her two daughters always _________ different kinds of food on Sundays.
81. His father has already been to France already. （改为否定句）
His father been to France .
82. We use computers to search for information. (就划线部分提问)
________ do we use computers ________ ?
83. There was once a steel factory near the river. (保持意思基本不变)
There______ ______ be a steel factory near the river.
84. Mr Li began to teach English in this school in 2002. (保持句意基本不变)
Mr Li has English in this school 2002.
85. The students watched a very interesting TV programme yesterday. （改为感叹句）
interesting TV programme the students watched yesterday!
Note-taking is a skill that can help you do well in all your schoolwork. It can make you confident when you are studying. But u 86 , most students don’t know how to take notes.
If your teacher writes n 87 on the blackboard, that’s great. You can copy them or write down the most important facts of all in class. Different teachers do things d 88__. For example, some teachers may focus on(关注) lots of dates and facts in class, but they only write the important ones on the blackboard. Other teachers may not write anything down, but they may repeat them.
Don’t try to write down every word in class, or you might m__89___ some important points. Some students really learn better with the h_90 of these notes.
Don’t be afraid to ask your teacher to repeat w91 you’ve missed. If your teacher speaks too fast and you can’t f_92 what he is saying, you can ask him after class.
Comparing your notes with your classmates’ can be good for your learning. It can also help you and your classmates correct some m_93__.