Unit 3 Could you please clean your room?
1. ---Sandy, could you please take out the r__________?
2. I like to sweep the floor but I h________ to do the dishes.
3. Don’t trouble me w________ I’m working.
4. I get up at six o’clock in o________ to get to school on time.
5. May I b________ your pen? Mine is broken.
6. When did you finish ________ (write) the book?
7. He _________(reply) with a short note yesterday.
8. We should learn to be _____________ (independence).
9. Our teacher is a man of __________ (fair).
10. China and India are _____________ (develop) countries.
11. –Could I use your eraser for a while?
--Yes, of course you _______.
12. There is just _______ at home. Would you go to the supermarket and get ________?
A. a few vegetables; some
B. few vegetables; any
C. a little juice; some
D. little juice; any
13. –I can stay and help you _________ you like.
--So nice of you, Bill.
14. –There is a smile on Miss Gao’s face. She must be ___ with Sam’s work.
--I think so. No one did as _____ as him in our class.
A. angry; well
B. pleasing; good
C. strict; good
D. pleased; well
15. –Do you like talking with your friends on the telephone or mobile phone?
--_______. I enjoy chatting on-line.
16. There must be ________ wrong with the clock. It doesn’t work.
17. –What was your brother doing at this time yesterday?
--He was reading a magazine ______ I was writing an e-mail at home.
A. as soon as
18. –Let’s _______ some dump lings right now.
--OK. I’ll cut up the meat first.
19. Alison is a funny boy. He often makes us ______.
A. to laugh
20. It’s nice of you to _______ so much tim e showing me around your school.