Unit 1 Growing Up
Part II Language Focus
Ⅰ1）、1. respectable 2.agony 3.put…down 4.sequence 5.hold back 6. distribute 7. off and on 8.vivid 9. associate 10.finally 11.turn in 12.tackle
2）、1. has been assigned to the newspaper’s Paris office.
2. was so extraordinary that I didn’t know whether to believe him or not.
3. a clear image of how she would look in twenty years’time.
4. gave the command the soldiers opened fire.
5. buying bikes we’ll keep turning them out.
3）、1. reputation, rigid, to inspire
2. and tedious, What’s more, out of date ideas
3. compose, career, avoid showing, hardly hold back
Ⅱ. http://m.wendangku.net/doc/4da4ca045fbfc77da369b108.htmlposed 2.severe 3.agony 4.extraordinary
9.from 10.on/upon Comprehensive Exercises
1. 1. hold back