# Part 1 Listening (第一部分) 略
# Part 2 Phonetics, Grammar and vocabulary（第二部分语音、语法和词汇）
##Ⅱ. Choose the best answer ( 选择最恰当的答案): (共共20 分)
26. Which of the following word matches the sound /s?ns/?
A) science B) sense C) things D) since
27. Which of the following underlined parts is different in pronunciation from others?
A) I want you to breathe deeply and easily. B) The meal in the hotel is ordinary.
C) Why won’t they leave him in peace? D) I would like my steak rare please.
28. She spends the day rushing from one meeting to ______.
A) other B) another C) the other D) others
29. How about some dessert? Or would you like a little more ______?
A) tea B) biscuit C) dumpling D) noodle
30. It’s reported that the earthquake in Nepal is ______ in that country in over 80 years.
A) bad B) worse C) worst D) the worst
31. There were ______ people in the park than I had expected.
A) many B) more C) most D) the most
32. My father likes reading newspapers ______ breakfast.
A) at B) for C) on D) in
33. I don’t feel ______ in this neighbourhood late at night.
A) save B) safe C) safely D) safety
34. The ASB (Associated Student Body) is responsible ______ organizing the dance.
A) for B) from C) with D) of
35. The actor refused ______with the reporters about his family.
A) talk B) talking C) to talk D) to talking
36. Neither my father nor I ______ keen on sports.
A) be B) am C) is D) are
37. Over 40 per cent of Chinese citizens still breathe polluted air, ______ the situation is slowly improving.
A)until B) unless C) because D) though
38. It ______ heavily, and my mother suggested calling a taxi.
A) rains B) is raining C) was raining D) will rain
39. My boss will be back tomorrow; I’ll give him the message as soon as I ______ him.
A) see B) saw C) will see D) had seen
40. Our school newspaper _______ twice a month next year.
A) publishes B) is published C) will publish D) will be published
41. She had to practise ______ in various weather conditions before she could get her license.
A) fly B) flying C) to fly D) to flying
42. –______ I finish the class project by tomorrow?
–No, you needn’t.
A) Can B) May C) Must D) Will
43. You went to the football match, didn’t you? ______ exciting match it was!
A) What B) What a C) What an D) How
44. –A gas station nearby was on fire last night.
A) That’s OK. B) You deserve it. C) That’s terrible. D) No problem.
45. –Would you like me to take a message?
–______ I’ll ring back.
A) Yes, please. B) No, thanks.
C) Never mind. D) I’d love to.
Ⅲ. Complete the following passage with the words or phrases in the box. Each word orphrase can only be used once（将下列单词或词组填入空格。每空格限填一词，每词或词组只能填一次）:（共8分）
Vienna comes to your mind if you are talking about music. Music, coffee and waltz are knownas Vienna’s “Three Treasures”. And when people in Vienna talk about music, they talk about it overa cup of coffee –another important part of Viennese 46 .
In 1683, a Polish man saved Vienna from the Turkish army. To thank him,the Viennese offered their 47 a choice of anything the Turkish army hadleft behind. Taking no notice of the gold, he chose three hundred bags of strangedry beans. Nobody else wanted them, but he knew what they were –coffeebeans. With these beans, he opened the first coffee house in Vienna. Since the Viennese preferred tea at that time, the clever Polish man 48 cream and sugarto improve the bitter taste of coffee. Quickly, this new smooth-tasting coffee became the “in”drink.
This smooth-tasting coffee was so popular that coffee houses soon opened 49 the city.
B. as well as
Perhaps that’s just a legend, but every Viennese learns it at school. Many coffee houses evensay that they are the one the Polish man first opened. As perfect places for lively discussions, theyattract many artists and thinkers, 50 the tourists. You can take a seat where probably JohannStrauss once sat, sip your coffee and chat with the 51 . The art on the walls and music in theair give Viennese coffee house a pleasant atmosphere. And, as in Vienna,coffee shops around the world are still places where people can 52 andchat with friends.
Usually, the waiter will 53 your coffee with a glass of water. But ifyou get a second glass, it means you’ve stayed too long!
Ⅳ. Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms （用括号中所给单词
54. She has lived by __________ since her husband died. (she)
55. You aren't allowed to take any __________ inside the theater. (photo)
56. I still have that little book of selected poems you gave me on my _________ birthday. (twelve)
57. Doing volunteer work will __________ our understanding of the world around us. (rich)
58. It's difficult to look cool or ___________ when you're feeling nervous. (nature)
59. Put the __________ in an oven and bake it for 20 minutes at 180℃. (mix)
60. People greeted me __________, recognizing me as a westerner. (polite)
61. Frightened and __________, John wondered if they might kill him. (help)
Ⅴ. Rewrite the following sentences as required （根据所给要求，改写下列句子。62-67题, 每空格限填一词。68题注意句首大写): (共14分)
62. Mr. Li taught us chemistry last term. (改为否定句)
Mr. Li ________ ________ us chemistry last term.
63. The supermarket opens at 9:00 a.m.. (对划线部分提问)
________ ________ the supermarket open?
64. The question is not important to him any more. (保持句意基本不变)
The question is __________ __________ important to him.
65. Someone pinned a note on the door of his office. (改为被动语态)
A note _________ _________ on the door of his office.
66. If you mention my name, you’ll get me into trouble. (保持句意基本不变)
__________ mention my name, __________ you’ll get me into trouble.
67. “How did they grow organic vegetables?”asked Tony. (改为宾语从句)
Tony wondered ________ they ________ organic vegetables.
68. Kate, reading, recently, which, has, book, finished (连词成句)
Part 3 Reading and Writing ( 第三部分读写)
Ⅵ. Reading comprehension ( 阅读理解): (共50分)
A. Choose the best answer (根据短文内容，选择最恰当的答案): (6分)
On most Sunday afternoons, Kelly and Alicia met in the treehouse of the big elm tree that grew between their backyards. Alicia brought a blanket to sit on, and Kelly brought snacks. On this nice June day, the girls looked down onto the lawns and driveways in their neighborhood. Usually they had trouble not talking at the same time. Today, neither said much.
“Thanks for the snack,”Alicia said after a while. She was thinking about the next day. Her father had agreed to increase her allowance if she took care of the garden all summer. She wanted to earn enough money to pay for guitar lessons. But the garden was very big.
“You’re welcome,”answered Kelly. She was thinking about summer school, which she would begin the next day. Kelly wanted to improve her math skills so she would have an easier time in sixth grade.
The two girls sat glumly（闷闷不乐地）in their tree house, thinking about the work ahead of them. “I wish we could trade places,”they both said suddenly.
They looked at each other and began to laugh.
69. What does the underlined sentence “Usually they had trouble not talking at the same time.”mean?
A) They always talked at the same time.
B) They never talked at the same time.
C) It’s hard for them to find time to talk to each other.
D) Both of them were quiet when they were together.
70. What is probably the reason that the girls are quiet?
A) They have nothing to say to each other. B) Each is waiting for the other to talk.
C) They are busy eating their snacks. D) They are thinking about their summer plans.
71. Which sentence best describes Kelly?
A) She often waits until the last minute. B) She is serious about her schoolwork.
C) She does not share her feelings. D) She is always eager to earn money.
B. Choose the best answer （根据短文内容，选择最恰当的答案): (6分)
POSB (Post Office Saving Banks) PAssion Run for Kids 2015
Date: 13 Sept 2015, Sunday
Time: 7:00 am
Place: Marina Promontory
Distance: 800m / 1.2km / 10km
Who are the kids we’re helping?
The PAssion Kids Fund aims to support the children in the community through differentprogrammes. We are happy to partner People’s Association this year to organize PAssion Run
for Kids 2015 to support the children in the community so that they can have a happierchildhood and a brighter future.
What can I do for the kids?
You can make a difference in the lives of the children simply by running to support this cause! You can also make a donation to the POSB PAssion Kids Fund.
Note: Participants ( 参与者) below 18 must get the permission of parents or guardians.
Thank you for your interest. For more information on POSB PAssion Run for Kids 2015,please contact us at 90108116(Mon–Fri, 10am to 5pm) or email us atenquiries@http://m.wendangku.net/doc/550786e0482fb4daa48d4b25.html.sg.
72. The purpose of the event is to ______.
A) encourage a healthy lifestyle
B) help children in need
C) get children familiar with POSB
D) introduce the products of Sketcher
73. Raymond’s father is a POSB credit card holder. On May 12 th , he signed up for the race. How much did he pay?
A) $25. B) $40. C) $45. D) $50.
74. Which of the following about the event is TRUE?
A) Participants must have a PAssion card or POSB credit card.
B) Participants below 13 can only take part in the Family Walk.
C) People’s Association is one of the organizers of the event.
D) Teenagers are not allowed to take part in the events.
C. Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage(选择最恰当的单词或词语完成短文): (12分)
When I was young, I didn’t really appreciate my parents, especially my mom. I alwaysthought she was too strict and we would often fight. I guess most teenagers 75 their parentsat some time, but with us it was almost every day. One 76 was that I just don’t think sheunderstood me. She always said I didn’t respect her, which just wasn’t true.
I had a curfew（宵禁）and I hated it. When I was late, they would ground me for a week andthat just made me even 77 . They’d nag me about my appearance and how messy my roomwas, 78 at least they never stopped my allowance.
Now our relationship is really good and she’s my best friend in many ways. If I need adviceshe’s 79 the first person I turn to.
However, if I have children in the future, I think I’ll do things very differently. To start with, Idon’t think I’ll give them too many 80 . If you do, all they’ll do is disobey you. It’s alsoimportant to listen to their opinions and talk honestly to them. I still think we’ll fight, but not toooften.
75. A) care for B) depend on C) argue with D) apologize to
76. A) problem B) fact C) excuse D) example
77. A) stronger B) angrier C) busier D) sadder
78. A) or B) so C) for D) but
79. A) hardly B) mainly C) certainly D) properly
80. A) guides B) rules C) chances D) activities
D. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words(在短文的空格内填入适当的词,使其内容通顺,每空格限填一词,首字母已给): (14分)
Before posters（海报）were created, people got their news from someone who ran aroundtown
shouting it. People shouted the news because paper cost a lot. Also, copies of messages had to be made by h 81 . It took a long time to make 100 copies of a message.
Once the printing press was invented, news could be spread more quickly. People madeposters that told what was h 82 , and they hung them on walls. Printing presses made copiesquickly, so the news could be spread quickly.
Finally, even faster printing presses were invented. People didn’t need to read posters for thenews any more. I 83 , they could read newspapers, which could tell them the news quickly andcheaply.
Posters then became the main t 84 of advertising events or products for sale. Posterswould tell people about places to go, things to buy, and who they might vote for. Even today, whenmost homes have radios and TVs, posters are used to advertise products and events.
Posters used to be much s 85 , too. Today, posters can cover large billboards（广告牌）that can be seen from a long distance. Advertisers hope that a colorful billboard will c 86 theeye of people going past. If the billboard interests people, advertisers hope that people will buy aproduct or go to an event.
Posters today are also used to advertise bands, movies, or TV shows. Many posters are madeto be used in the same way as paintings. Some people hang posters in theirhomes, offices, and even schools. When a poster is used as art, advertisers canmake money in t 87 ways. They can make money from the sale of theposter. They can also advertise their product so more people will know about it.
Look around you. What posters are in your home or your classroom?
E. Answer the questions （根据短文内容回答下列问题): ( 12分)
Many years ago, when I was new out of school and working in Denver, Iwas driving to my parents’home in Missouri for Christmas. Suddenly, I foundblack smoke pouring from the back of my car. I stopped and wondered what I wassupposed to do. A car pulled up behind me. A couple came out. They said theywould take me to my parents’home. We chatted on the way into the city, andwhen I got out of the car, the husband gave me his business card.
I wrote him and his wife a thank-you note for helping me. Soon afterwards, I received aChristmas present from them. A note in it said that helping me had made their holidays meaningful.
Years later, I drove to a meeting in a nearby town in the morning. In the late afternoon Ireturned to my car and found that the battery was dead. Then I noticed that the Friendly Forddealership –a shop selling cars –was right next door. I walked over and found two salesmenwaiting beside the door.
“Just how friendly is Friendly Ford?”I asked and explained my trouble. They quickly drove apickup truck to my car and started it. They would accept no payment. When I got home, I wrotethem a note to say thanks. I received a letter back from one of the salesmen. No one had ever takenthe time to write him and say thank you, and it meant a lot, he said.
“Thank you”–two powerful words. They’re easy to say and mean so much.
88. Where did the writer’s parents live many years ago?
89. What did the couple do to help the writer?
90. Why did the writer visit the nearby town?
91. What was the trouble that the writer explained to the salesmen?
92. How did the writer express his thanks to the couple and the salesmen?
93. What can you learn from the story? (Express yourself in 2-3 sentences.)
Ⅶ. Writing ( 作文): (共共20 分)
94. Imagine you are James, an editor for Teens. You often help teenagers with their problems.
A student, Pat, has sent you a letter to ask you for some advice.（假设你是Teens的编辑James，常帮助青少年解决一些生活和学习中的问题。有一位学生Pat 写了下面的一封信向你求助）Dear James,
I love singing and writing songs. I want to become a singer some day. But myparents don’t support me. Should I keep working for my dream?
Now, you are going to write a reply to Pat’s letter. Write 60-120 words. ( 请给Pat 写一封回信，字数在60-120 之间，标点符号不占格)
Ⅱ. 26.D 27.D 28.B 29.A 30.D 31.B 32.A 33.B 34.A 35.C 36.B 37.D 38.C
39.A 40.D 41.B 42.C 43.C 44.C 45.B
Ⅲ. 46. C 47. E 48. A 49. B 50. B 51. A 52. E 53. D
Ⅳ. 54. herself 55.photos 56.twelfth 57.enrich 58.natural 59.mixture 60.politely
Ⅴ.62.didn’t teach 63.When does 64.no longer 65.was pinned 66.Don’t, or
67. how…grew 68.Which book has Kate finished reading recently?
A. 69.A 70.D 71.B
B. 72.B 73.C 74.C
C. 75.C 76.A 77.B 78.D 79.C 80.B
D. 81.hand 82.happening 83.Instead 84.tool 85.smaller 86.catch 87.two
E. 88. In Missouri.
89. They gave him a ride./They drove him to his parents’ home.
90. To attend a meeting./For a meeting./Because he had a meeting to attend there.
91. The car battery was dead./The battery of the car was dead.
92. By writing thank-you notes. /He wrote thank-you notes to them.
93.Answers may vary. Possible responses: It’s important to show our gratitude and appreciation
to the people in our life. Say “thank you” when w e need to. It will mean a lot to others/it can count for a lot. Also, we should always help people out and expect nothing in return. Helping others can make our life meaningful.