1. "__________ I take it out?" "I'm sorry, you __________."
A. Could ...couldn't
B. Might...might not
2. All the lights are on, the Smiths __________ up.
A. must get
B. is getting
C. must be getting
D. would get
3. He __________ lead a horse to the water but he __________ not make it drink.
4. __________ to have lunch with us today?
A. Do you likes
B. Would you like
C. Will you liked
D. Have you liked
5. He said that you __________ watch TV all the evening if you wished.
6. Michael __________ be a policeman, for he's much too short.
7. I thought you __________ be hungry, so I have brought you some cakes.
8. Come on! We __________ hurry because there isn't much time left.
9. The fire spread through the hotel very quickly but everyone __________ get out.
A. had to
D. was able to
10. It's nearly seven o'clock. Jack __________ be here at any moment.
( ) 1 There are ___ days in a year.
A. three hundreds sixty-five
B. three hundreds and sixty-five
C. three hundred and sixty-five
D. three hundred and sixty five
( ) 2 There are____ students in this school.
A. eight hundreds and forty-six
B. eight hundred and forty six
C. eight hundred and forty-six
D. eight hundred forty-six
( ) 1 ______people visit this museum every day.
C. Hundred of
D. Hundreds of
( ) 2 There are two___ people in the meeting room.
C. hundreds of
D. hundred of
( ) 3 Every year ___ watch NBA on TV.
A. million people
B. millions of people
C. millions people
D. million of people ( ) 4 ____ trees have been planted in our school in the past 10 years.
A. Thousands of
B. Two thousands
C. Thousand of
D. Two thousand of
( ) 5 Look! There are ___ in the sky.
A. thousand stars
B. thousand of stars
C. thousands of stars
D. thousands of star
( ) 1 My brother is in____.
A. Three Class, One Grade
B. Class Three, Grade One
C. Grade One, Class Three
D. class three, grade one
( ) 2 We are going to learn___ this term.
A. book six
B. six book
C. the book six
D. Book Six
( ) 3 Please turn to___. Let's read the text aloud.
A. Page Two
B. the page two
C. second page
D. page second
( ) 1 We can say the number 78, 645 in English like this____.
A. seventy-eight thousand and six hundred and forty-five
B. seventy-eight thousand six hundred and forty five
C. seventy-eight thousand six hundred and forty-five
D. seventy eight thousand six hundred and forty-five
( ) 2 "The year 1999" should be read "The year____".
A. nineteen and ninety-nine
B. nineteen ninety-nine
C. one thousand nine hundred and ninety-nine
D. nineteen hundred and ninety-nine
( ) 1 He will come here ____ tomorrow morning.
A. at fifth
B. at ten
C. on two
D. till tenth
( ) 2 Every day he begins to do his homework ___.
A. at ten past seven
B. at seven pass ten
C. on ten past seventh
D. until ten ( ) 3 He was doing some washing ____.
A. at eight yesterday morning
B. yesterday morning eight
C. yesterday morning at eight
D. by eight yesterday morning
( ) 1 He began to work there____.
A. on his fifty
B. at age of fifty
C. when he fifty
D. in his fifties
( ) 2 They moved to Beijing _
A. in 1980s
B. in the 1980 '
C. in the 1980s
D. on the 1980's
( ) 3 We all like the boy.
A. of ten years old
C. at ten old
D. of age of ten
( ) 4 She was ___ her early twenties when she went abroad.
C. of D: in
( ) 1 There are____ months in a year. December is the____
month of the year.
A. twelve; twelve
B. twelve; twelfth
C. twelfth; twelve
D. twelve; twelveth
( ) 2 During____ century, the world population has already reached 6 billion.
B. the twentieth
C. twentieth /
D. the twenty
( ) 3 Sunday is the____ day of the week.
( ) 4 Autumn isseason in a year.
A. the fourth
B. the third
C. a third
D. the threeth
( ) 5 Tom was to get to school and I was ______.
A. first; ninth
B. the first; the ninth
C. a first; a ninth
D. the second; the nineth
( ) 1 -What's the date today?
B. time to go
D. June 4th
( ) 2 Jenny was born
A. on July 10, 1987
B. in July 10, 1987
C. in 1987, July 10
D. on 1987, July 10
( ) 3 Monday is the second day, and_______.
A. Tuesday is the fourth
B. Thursday is the fifth
C. the second is Tuesday
D. the second is Thursday
( ) 1 About____ of the books in our school library are written in Chinese.
( ) 2 ___ of the students are girls in our class.
A. Two three
B. Two threes
C. Two thirds
D. Second three
( ) 3 ___ of the world's books and newspapers are written in English.
A. Three quarters
B. Three quarter
C. Thirds four
D. Threes fourth
( ) 1 Tom is____ in the row.
A. a second
B. the second
( ) 2 The girl wanted to sing____ song in English.
A. the others
B. a second
D. the second
( ) 3 Now let me have____.
A. the third try
B. a third try
C. third try
D. this third try
1. There is some ______ on the plate.
2. Uncle Wang wants ______ the machine like a bike.
D. to ride
3. Tom usually goes to bed ________ ten o'clock in the evening.
4. ______ picture books in class, please.
A. Not read
B. No read
C. Not reading
D. Don't read
5. The box is too heavy. Let ________ help you to carry it.
6. Hurry up, ______ we'll be late for the meeting.
7. People usually ______ "hello" to each other when they make a phone call.
8. Look! She ________ a kite for her son.
B. is making
9.These shoes are yours. Please ________.
A. put on them
B. put on it
C. put them on
D. put it on
10. She often gets ______ very late.
B. at home
C. to home
D. in home
11. I think the shop is closed ________ this time of day.
12. I want ______ of meat, please.
A. half kilo
B. a half kilo
C. half a kilo
D. a kilo half
13. --- Is this black ruler ________?
--- No. It's ________.
A. yours, his
B. your, his
C. yours, him
D. you, he
14. ________ book on the desk is a useful（重要的）one.
15. Grandma is ill. We have to take her to the ________.
B. post office
16. Liu Mei often helps her mother ________ housework.
D. to doing
17. We watch evening news on ________ at 7:00 in the evening.
18. There ________ a box of apples on the desk.
19. Would you like ________ with me?
B. to go
20. Sometimes his brother ________ TV after supper.
D. is watching
1. Kate's glass is empty. She wants a f______ one.
2. I think my father can help you m______ your broken bike.
3. I have two pencils. One is short, the other is l______.
4. Please open the w______. It's getting hot here.
5. Something is w______ with my bike. May I borrow yours?
1. There are some ________ there, talking loudly. (woman)
2. This blouse isn't hers. It's ________. (my)
3. The people on the farm are very ________. (friend)
4. Do you know ________? (he)
5. Tom's uncle can drive cars. He is a good ________. (drive)
1. This is our ________ desk. Ours are over there.
2. Bill has three ________. One is new and the other two are old.
3. His uncle ________ very young but he is over forty.
4. Let's ________ basketball after class.
5. Look! The cats are ________ up the trees.
6. The shop isn't open. It's ________.
7. My brother ________ some new picture books.
8. In our classroom there is a large map of ________.
9. Mum, please give me something to ________. I'm very hungry.
10. Does Mr Green like ________ in this Chinese school?
A: My bike is broken. Can I borrow yours?
A: This afternoon.
B: OK. Here's the key.
A: ____2__. But where is it?
A: What colour is it?
A: I see. I think I can find it.
A: All right. See you!
These days men and women , young and old are ___1____ the same kind of ___2___, and a lot of
___3__ have long hair
（头发）. We often can't ___4_____whether they are boys or girls, men or women.
__5_____ old man often goes to walk in the park. He is sitting on a chair now. A young person is ___6_____ ___7____ him.
"Oh, goodness!" the old man says to the other one. "Do you ___8_____ that person with long hair? Is it a boy or a girl?"
"A boy," says the other one. "He is my son.""Oh," says the old man, "Please ___9___ me. I don't know you are his __10____."
"I'm not his mother, I'm his father," says the other one.
1. A. having B. wearing C. puting D. buying
2. A. clothes B. trees C. pictures D. Bags
3. A. we B. your C. them D. Theirs
4. A. talk B. teach C. say D tell
5. A. An B. A C. The D. /
6. A. running B. flying C. standing D. driving
7. A. on B. beside C. in D. At
8. A. see B. watch C. look D. Read
9. A. help B. excuse C. teach D. Ask
10. A. baby B. sister C. father D. Mother
( A )
Mr Li teaches Chinese in the USA. He comes back to China every year. He gives us a talk. He says," K Day in the USA is
very interesting. All children like it very much. It is on March 7th. When you go out on that day, you can see children
running with kites in the open air(露天). When you look up, you can see different kites in the sky（天空）. Some are big,
and some are small. They are in different colours. Every kite has a long string(长线). The children begin to run when they
get the kites up. Every child has a good time that day.
1. Mr Li is _______________. He works in the USA.
A. a worker
B. an English teacher
C. a doctor
D. a Chinese teacher
2. Mr Li says something about _______________.
A. how to study English
B. K Day in the USA
C. his work in the USA
D. playing in the open air
3. March 7th is _________________.
A. Children's Day
B. Teachers' Day
C. K Day
D. Tree planting Day(植树节)
4. Every kite has _____________________.
A. a short string
B. a long string
C. the same colour
D. the same size(大小)
5. There are _______________ kites in the sky on that day.
A. all kinds of
B. one kind of
C. three kinds of
6. On _______________, Paula usually gets up at 7:10 am.
7. Pizza is a kind of _________________.
8. Paula's favourite sport is _________________.
9. On Wednesday evenings Paula usually ___________________.
A. watches TV
B. does her homework
C. washes her clothes
D. goes to see her friends
10. Which is wrong?
A. Paula goes to school from Monday to Friday.
B. Paula goes to bed after ten o'clock.
C. Paula has sports in the afternoon.
D. Paula usually has Pizza for lunch.