Choose the best answers.（1’×10=10’）
We ___C___ building the bridge by the end of next month.
A. are finishing
B. have finished
C. would finish
D. will have finished
Our company's service is ___C___ in nearly 80 countries around the world.
It was in Jonson's hotel ___B___ the business meeting was held last year.
Some companies might not let you rent a car ___D___ you have a credit card.
In his opinion, success in life mainly __B____ on how we get along with other people.
As a public relations officer, you should know your customers _A_____ detail.
Generally, it takes courage for an aged person __C____ a new life in a strange country.
C. to begin
D. to have begun
If we __A____ more time and money, we could have visited many more places.
B. had had
C. have had
D. could have
People invest money in this company ___B___ they believe it will make profits.
___A___ you choose to contact us, you can expect our efficient and helpful service.
A. No sooner than
B. Ever since
C. No matter how
D. Even though
Ⅱ. Fill in each of the blanks with a suitable preposition or adverb.（1’×10=10’）1. And, of course, they seek those qualities which make a house stand out_____ from the rest.
2. Everything depends on how the country adapts itself to_____ using information technology.
3. Later that summer I was able to turn _in____ a similar review of the progress of our project.
4. Once you know what has happened so far in the story, it’s quite easy to separate the good __from___ the bad and the ugly.
5. As a group of fans we have decided that we can’t just sit _back____ and wait for others to decide our club’s future plan.
6. What struck me as_____ interesting is how much we judge other people by their appearances.
7. We were impressed by the ease _with____ which the information could be found.
8. A lot of my view on Chinese economic reform have to do with_____ the fact that I’ve worked in a private company.
9. When you borrow money from a bank, take care not to get _behind____ with your monthly payment.
10. He stresses the need for the chief executive to be informed, but argues that he should focus his attention _on____ just three or four major aims.
Fill in the blanks with the words given below. Change the form where necessary. （1’×10=10’）
adapt, responsibility, alter, investigate, cease, whatsoever, performance, accomplish, entertain, infinite, amount, arouse, analysis, remarkable
They made it a rule that all complaints from customers should be investigated_____ quickly and efficiently.
Typical for China is the crosstalk show, in which two comedians entertain____ the audience with words.
Unemployment has come down slightly but this does not after_____ the fact that it is still a major problem.
The girl found it difficult to _adapt____ to the new customs when she first came to Shanghai.
He is very capable and can accomplish_____ every task you assign him.
Having children is a big _responsibility____ and I’m not sure I’m ready for that yet. Parents should limit the _amount____ of pocket money they give to their children. The employee was fired due to his poor _performance____ in the past year.
The success of the recent English speaking contests has _aroused____ young people’s interest in learning English.
It’s that kind of courage and determination that makes him a most _remarkble____ person.
Translate the following sentences into English. （4’×5=20’）
The newcomers found it hard to adapt themselves to the climate there.
Should you have any doubt about the plan, please feel free to contact us at any time 我们学会了怎样面对现实，而不是回避现实。
We have learned how to face reality instead of escaping from it.
It strikes me as odd that school children are required to come to school two hours before class.
We have to face that possibility no matter how unlikely it may sound.
People come to Beijing for different purposes.课本142页