Section 1V ocabulary Building
1. Canada has two __________ (官方的) languages: English and French.
2. This ________ (系列) of books is very popular with readers.
3. The girl was waken up by the _______ (雷声) and heavy rain last night.
4. This market is used by people to ______ (交换) the presents they don’t like.
5. A good decision is ______ (以……为基础) on one’s knowledge and experience.
6. Joseph had his new a________ deco-rated (装修) and invited me to go and have a look.
7. The police haven’t found out the i______ of the woman that was killed in the great fire.
8. Thousands of people in that area are s_______ from hunger because of the drought.
9. Hold the reins (缰绳) tightly, or the horse will get l______.
10. He moved to Wisconsin with his parents and s_____ on a farm there.
1. Could you __________ (spelling) your name for me, please?
2. The room must have been empty for a long time, as it is so _______ (dust).
3. The answers that they gave to my questions were all __________ (exact) the same.
4. The father _________ (agree) with his son’s request to swim in the river because it is too dangerous.
5. In those days, our greatest _________ (concerned) was to provide people with food and medical care.
expression, ignore, recognize, gradually, upset, entire, power, fluent, get tired of, join in, get along with, suffer from
1. Mary lost her mobile phone last week and felt very ________.
2. He tried to learn Greek but soon________ it and gave it up.
3. She had changed so much that I had some trouble ________ her at first.
4. When he was in a foreign country, he_________ homesickness.
5. We only need one more person for this game. Can you _________?
6. Though I agree with most of what you said, I don’t agree with you ______.
7. Being able to speak a foreign language ________ can help one find a good job.
8. You know, once nicotine (尼古丁) has you in its ________, it’s very difficult to stop smoking.
9. Professor Smith _______ his doctor’s advice and went on with his work without having a good rest.
10. Every week the V oice of America tells listeners about popular words and ________ used in the United States.
Section 2Grammar Learning
1. —You look very tired. _______ at all last night?
—No, not really. I’m tired out now.(2006 陕西卷)
A. Do you sleep
B. Did you sleep
C. Were you sleeping
D. Had you slept
2. —Where did you put the car keys?
—Oh, I _____ I put them on the chair because the phone rang as I _____ in. (2006北京卷)
A. remembered; come
B. remembered; was coming
C. remember; come
D. remember; was coming
3. At the end of the meeting, it was announced that an agreement ______. (2007 江苏卷)
A. has been reached
B. had been reached
C. has reached
D. had reached
4. When asked _____ they needed most, the kids said they wanted to feel important and loved. (2008 湖南卷)
5. I was out of town at the time, so I don’t know exactly how it _______. (2009 山东卷)
A. was happening
D. has happened
1. I asked Henry, "Do you know the man beside the door?"
→I asked Henry _____ _____ _____ the man beside the door.
2. Betty asked John, "Where did you buy this new computer?"
→Betty asked John _____ _____ ____ ______ ______ new computer.
3. Our teachers often say to us, "Don’t waste your time."
→Our teachers often ______ ______ _____ _____ waste our time.
4. The boss said, "Mike, hand in your report tomorrow."
→The boss _____ _____ _____ ____ in his report ____ _____ _____.
5. "I met an old friend in the street yesterday," he said to me.
→He told me that _____ _____ ____ an old friend in the street _____ _____ _____.
6. "I bought the car five years ago," he said.
→He said that he ______ ______ the car five years _____.
He asked me _______________ for the past few days.
I was told that Bill Gates __________ when he was 13.
The little girl told me (that) _____________________.
Mother told her son (that) _____________________ in a year.
Tom didn’t feel very well this morning and Mother _________________.
Lucy told Mr. Smith __________________________.
Section 3 Ability Enhancing
1. ... ignore the bell and go somewhere quiet to calm your friend down.
The children are too excited; I must think of a way _________________.
2. ... I’ve grown so crazy about everything to do with nature.
I think my son has _______________________ the matter.
3. ... in order to have a good look at the moon by myself.
You had better __________________ the computer before you decide to buy it.
4. ... I happened to be upstairs at dusk when the window was open.
I _________________ when you paid a visit last week.
5. Why did Anne no longer just like looking at nature out of the window?
If you go on telling lies, your teachers __________________.
6. In some important ways they are very different from one another.
The children’s interests ____________________ one another.
share, upset, solve, concern, power, such as, calm sb. down, play an important part in
Sometimes in life, we can come across unhappy things that 1_____ us. So we must learn how 2_____ these problems and make ourselves happy. I think friends will show their 3______ and help us. Friendship is like the sun. It can give us great 4____ and help us stand up again. And friendship is also like the spring wind. It can warm our heart. Friends can help to 5_____ when we are very worried. When we have bad luck, 6______ a quarrel with somebody or failure in the exams, our friends will come and 7______ our sadness with us. At that time, a friend is just like a dustbin (垃圾箱). You can put your tears into it. Friends 8______ our lives. I think they can bring us happiness. So we should look after our friends!
一、1. official 2. series 3. thunder 4. swap 5. based 6. apartment
7. identity 8. suffering 9. loose 10. settled
二、1. spell 2. dusty 3. exactly 4. disagrees / doesn’t agree 5. concern
三、1. upset 2. got tired of 3. recognizing 4. suffered from 5. join in
9. ignored 10. expressions
二、1. if / whether he knew 2. where he had bought that
3. tell us not to
4. told Mike to hand; the next day
5. he had met; the day before
6. had bought; before
三、1. where I had been 2. began to play with computers
3. she had left her key in my room
4. there are 12 months
5. asked what was wrong with him
6. not to smoke in the office
一、1. to calm them down 2. nothing to do with 3. have a good look at
4. happened to be on holiday
5. will no longer believe in you
6. are very different from
二、1. upset 2. to solve 3. concern 4. power 5. calm us down
6. such as
8. play an important part in