文档库 最新最全的文档下载
当前位置:文档库 › 韩雪TED英文演讲

韩雪TED英文演讲

Being a positive pessimist

Cecilia(韩雪)

Good afternoon, everyone.

大家下午好

First let me share a piece of mucic with you.

首先请允许我为大家放一段音乐

I know it’s terrible, because I played it.

我知道弹得很不好,因为那是我弹的

And I am sorry it’s not the worst one.

很抱歉这还不是本场最差

I still g o t something to show you.

我还要给大家看另外一个东西

Don’t laugh, it’s an entire story.

不要笑,这些画描述了一个完整的故事

if you really want to understand what is it talking about, you can check my Weibo later.

如果你们真的想知道里面讲的内容,你们待会儿可以去看一下我的微博

This picture I painted last year.

这一幅画是我去年画的

I have another one to show you this is much better.

我还有另外一幅作品比这个要好很多

But this picture I painted 20 year ago.

但这一幅是我20年前画的

I know you might have a question “ How it’s getting worse? “

你们一定想问怎么越画越差了?

And I also understand that most of your conclusion must be: out of imagination.

我猜你们的结论一定是我越来越缺乏想象力了

But how it happened?

那这是为什么呢?

I think it’s because I became an adult.

我想这是因为我长大了

Since we became adults, we started being afraid of making mistakes

长大了以后,我们开始变得害怕犯错了

We choose to be the best or nothing.

我们要么不做,要做就做好的

So we do not dare to try any mistakes.

所以总是尝试着不去犯错误

It seems that we trapped ourselves in the overprotective world.

我们似乎将自己困在了一个保护过度的世界里

And since then we started to lose a lot of abilities like imagination and creativity.

于是乎我们渐渐失去了想象力与创造力

What is the strategy? For me I have a special one, (it) is being a positive pessimist.

怎么办呢对于我来说答案就是要做一个积极的悲观主义者

Let me explain the concept first.

让我来解释一下

To be a pessimist means you get low expectation to yourself and you prepared to lose.

做一个悲观主义者意味着你放低对自己的要求,接受可能会失败的事实

And what about being positive?

那么积极又意味着什么

It is easy to understand it means you make best effort on everything and you have a strong willing of winning the game.

其实很简单就是你拼尽全力要去赢得游戏

But if you combine these concepts together it seems like a paradox.

把这两个观念放在一起似乎有一些矛盾

Yes I think so but I also think it is the way the world is born to be,

我也同意但是我的认为这就是世界本来的样子

And it really works in the reality.

就是这样

We can always find something around us, they have totally opposite two sides.

我们总能在生活中找到完全对立的事物

But they combine together and work well together.

但是它们很好地共存在一起

So how to be a positive pessimist.

那么如何做一个积极地悲观主义者呢

Let me share some experiences with you.

我来分享一些我的经历吧

I know I’m not old enough to tell stories. But these stories really meant to me.

或许我还没有老到可以大谈自己的经历,但是这些故事对于我个人而言非常宝贵

The first one back to 2012.

第一个故事发生在2012年

It’s the first time I became a TV series producer.

我第一次成为了一名电视制片人

But as you know, I am an actress and singer.

但是正如你们所知道的我是一个演员和歌手

But work as a producer was totally unfamiliar for me.

制片人的角色我还很不熟悉

So you remember first I have to be pessimist.

所以请记住我首先得是一个悲观主义者

I had to imagine what will be the worst consequence.

我要去设想最坏的结果

I think the worst result must be no one would buy it.

最坏或许就是没有人愿意花钱去买它了吧

And I will lose both time and money.

而我所有的花费和时间都付诸东流

And the whole investment equal to the revenue I earned by acting for the past few years.

这项投资金额大概相当于我这几年演艺生涯赚到的钱的总和

And what about the whole market?

电视市场是怎样的呢

In China only 20% of TV series can finally (be) sold and broadcast on TV.

在国内只有20%的电视剧能成功卖出去并在电视台播出

What about the rest 80%?

剩下的80%呢?

In the past, they just change into a pipe of tapes.

过去制作团队只剩下了一堆录像带

Now even worse, we just (have) only data left

现在情况更糟我们只能剩下(硬盘里的)一堆数据

So I asked myself several times “Can you really accept the worst consequence?”

所以我不断问自己你到底能不能接受这个最坏的结果

I think yes, at least I could try So I started shooting.

我的答案是肯定的,至少我能试一下所以我们开始了拍摄

Remember, next step, I have to be positive.

接下来,还记得吗我要做的就是要保持积极心态

Because I am a huge digital fan so I decided to use some high techniques in my TV series.

因为我是一个数字产品迷所以我还决定要在自己的电视中采用高科技

I focus on 4K resolution.

我专注在实现4K分辨率

What 4K is? Let me explain.

我来解释一下这是一个什么概念

Usually you see a film on the screen in a movie theatre the size is 2K.

通常我们在电影院屏幕上看到的电影分辨率是2K

But 4K means is 4 times larger than 2K.

而4K是2K的四倍分辨

And it also means 50mb per frame.

当然这也就意味着文件每帧都有50MB大小

You might still be a little bit confused.

如果你还有点迷糊的话

It’s OK. Don’t worry, you just have to remember it was a huge obstacle in front of all the TV series group in China.

没关系,你只需要记住这是在中国电视界的一个巨大的挑战

Because before us, only a few groups tried to 4K resolution.

在我们之前只有很少一部分尝试过4K分辨率

They input 4K but no one really tried output 4K productions.

他们做到了4K输入但并不是输出

Because it was really hard.

因为它实在是太难了

Director Zhang Yimou was trying in his film Coming Home for the first time.

张艺谋导演在他的电影《归来》中第一次使用了4K

And when we finished the shooting work when we entered.

当我们结束了拍摄的工作并开始制作后期

The post production work the real nightmare came.

噩梦才真的降临在我们头上

I still remember we want to output a 5 minute trail for Beijing TV Festival.

我仍然记得我们打算为北京电视节做一段5分钟的试片

But after a whole day’s working, Until the computer crashed we just got 50 seconds trail.

但是辛苦工作了一整天后我们只输出了50秒钟而且这个时候电脑瘫痪了

I was crazy. What can I do? This is a 30 episodes TV series.

我快要急疯了我能够做点什么吗?一部三十集的电视剧

I just got 50 second so I asked our counselor because at that time our technical support was RED, which is the biggest digital camera company in America.

我只输出了50秒钟的视频于是我去问我们的顾问,我们的技术顾问来自美国最大的数字影音公司RED.

Their feedback was they use HP base station in America.

他们告诉我们在美国他们使用的是HP基础站

It was too expensive we can not even afford that.

它实在是太贵了我们根本买不起

So we decided to assemble out black Apple and we tried the outcome mode from dozens of combinations.

所以我们决定自己组装自己的设备,我们尝试了数十钟组合的输出模式

After six months work we succeed, My TV series “The Ladies” becam e the first TV series in China which output real 4K resolution production.

经过了六个月之后我们成功了,我的《淑女之家》成为了首部真正4K输出的电视剧

And I succeeded in selling it and with a very good performance on TV.

而且我成功地把它卖给了电视台并获得了不错的收视率

So after this experience I learnt don’t be afraid to take huge challenges.

这次的经历让我学会了不要去害怕接受巨大的挑战

You can prepared to lose but conquer it with grit.

你可以做好失败的心理准备但是靠毅力去征服它

The next story happened last year.

下一个故事就发生在去年

I took an invitation from Bear Grylls, is there anyone know that?

我接受了贝尔的邀请有人知道他吗

You might thought I was crazy.

你们可能会想我简直疯了

Yes, this man who stands on the top of the food chain, he almost eat everything.

是的就是这个号称站在食物链顶端的男人他几乎什么都吃

Me too, You might thought I was crazy, yeah before that

你们或许觉得我疯了,是的在那儿之前

I did no physical activities I have very bad body condition.

我几乎没做过体育锻炼我的体能也不太好

I was afraid of a lot of things, I was afraid of height and insects.

我害怕很多事情我恐高而且害怕昆虫

I didn’t even dare to take a roller coaster.

我甚至连过山车都不敢做

But I almost took this invitation immediately.

但是我几乎马上就接受了他的邀请

Because I truly understand if I lose this chance I would never earn it back in the rest of my life.

因为我知道如果我放弃这次机会我这一辈子都不会再得到它了

So I decided to take the adventure.

所以我决定去冒一次险

During the 20 days adventure I caught rats, I caught mice, I ate i nsects…

在20天里面我抓过兔子抓过老鼠吃过昆虫

But I didn’t drink the urine.

但是(还好)我没有喝过尿液

I almost cried every day in the first half journey.

在前半段的旅程中我几乎每天都在哭泣

And the most impressive moment was the day before the last day.

印象最深刻的是倒数第二天

I still remember the day our mission was to across to a canyon just through a rope hanging between two cliffs.

我记得那一天我们要通过悬挂在悬崖两边的绳子穿越一个峡谷

You can see from the picture but you can’t see the width it’s very long

就是这张照片但是你们看不到宽度,很宽的

And the standard posture is leaning your whole body onto the rope.

标准的姿势是将整个身体都悬挂在绳索上面

And use one of legs backside to hookup the rope with the ankle.

用一只脚的脚裸缠绕住绳子

And pull yourself from one side to the other.

然后用力将自己从一边拉到另一边去

When it was my turn, Bear said “Cecilia, are you really sure you want to try that

轮到我的时候,贝尔对我说你确定你要尝试吗

If you want to quit you can quit now because I know you can’t make balance

如果你想要退出这一项也是可以的因为我知道你无法保持身体的平衡

You can’t use your left arm.

你不能使用你的左胳膊

Because I was not lucky before that mission about two days ago I hurt my left arm, my nerves system got injured

在那项任务的两天前我不幸地将自己的左手弄伤了

And my little finger kept shaking for a whole day I can’t even control that

我的手指会不受控制地颤抖

I barely can not use my left arm.

我几乎无法使用我的左手

So as a pessimist I have to imagine the worst consequence.

作为一名悲观者,我不得不设想最坏的情况

Because it was a reality show.

这可是一个真人秀节目

You know reality show is very dangerous if you can’t perform 100% well.

真人秀可能会是非常危险的如果做不到百分之百的完美

Sometimes it means you will face savage criticism online later.

你可能会在网上受到网友的批评

And I might fall down again, or I hurt my left (right) arm as well.

我可能会再次跌倒然后伤到我右手

So I have been thinking about should I really have to try that

我问自己真的要尝试吗

I think at least I won’t die

我想至少我死不了

So what? I decided to take that mission.

那就不管那么多了接受挑战

But (when) I really lean my body onto that rope it was far more scary than I thought.

当时当我真的将我的身体挂在那根绳子上的时候比我想象中的要难多了

You can see from the picture (because) my posture (as)

你们可以从照片中看到我的姿势

My team member said my posture was so ugly.

我的团队成员跟我说”你的姿势真是太丑了“

Because she said I was just like a dead caterpillar hanging there.

她说你看上去像一只死掉的毛毛虫

I just kept my half body on one side, and left the rest part on the other side.

我身体的一半在这一边,另外一半在另一边

And it’s not the worst one.

这还不算最糟糕的

The worst was because my arm couldn’t hold my upper body and my head.

最糟糕的是我的手臂支撑不起我的上半身和脑袋

So I could not face up I could not see the end.

我抬不起头去看终点在哪里

So what should I do?

我该怎么办

I know that I have to think positive. I also know that

我知道我必须怀有积极的心态我还知道

Sometimes being positive doesn’t mean you just speak out some propagandas

积极并不是说简简单单地说出一些话

You have to do something for real

你必须积极地作出点什么

But at that moment the only thing I could see was a rock just 3 meters ahead nothing else. 那个时候我只能看到前面3米处的一块石头

So I decided to set small targets, so I focus on that rock.

我决定设定一个小小的目标专注在那块石头上

There is something magical happens when I really concentrated to that rock.

当我心里面只想着那块石头的时候神奇的事情发生了

I forgot about the height. I forgot about keeping balance.

我忘记了悬崖的高度也忘记了要去保持平衡

And even forgot about the end.

我甚至忘记了终点

I just remember to focus on that and pull myself.

我只记得自己要专注然后不断拉自己

Then I started seeking more targets in front of me.

然后我开始朝前寻找一个又一个的目标

And any tiny objects became glittering images in front of me.

然后任何小的物体都成为了我前面闪闪发光的图像

After tried several times, I realized that I was so close to the end.

多次以后我意识到我离终点已经很近了

And finally, I succeeded.

最后我终于成功抵达

So after that experience I learnt there is no shame to a loser.

从那以后我知道了失败并不可怕

You just need to set small targets, and devote yourself.

你只需要设立小小的目标然后全身心投入

So these stories which happened to me shaped me as a positive pessimist.

这些发生在我身上的故事塑造了我成为一个积极的悲观主义者

And until today I know that I’m still a bad piano player, a bad painter, and not a very successful producer

直到今天我知道自己钢琴弹得很差画也画不好也不是一个太棒的制作人

But I love to be a positive pessimist.

但是我喜欢成为一个积极的悲观主义者

I know nothing can stop me being better.

任何事情都不能阻挡我成为更好的人

Thank you

谢谢大家

TED英语演讲稿

TED英语演讲稿 When you are a kid, you get asked this one particular question a lot, it really gets kind of annoying. What do you want to be when you grow up? Now, adults are hoping for answers like, I want to be an astronaut or I want to be a neurosurgeon, youre adults in your imaginations. Kids, theyre most likely to answer with pro-skateboarder, surfer or minecraft player. I asked my little brother, and he said, seriously dude, Im 10, I have no idea, probably a pro-skier, lets go get some ice cream. See, us kids are going to answer something were stoked on, what we think is cool, what we have experience with, and thats typically the opposite of what adults want to hear. But if you ask a little kid, sometimes youll get the best answer, something so simple, so obvious and really profound. When I grow up, I want to be happy. For me, when I grow up, I want to continue to be happy like I am now. Im stoked to be here at TedEx, I mean, Ive been watching Ted videos for as long as I can remember, but I never thought Id make it on the stage here so soon. I mean, I just became a teenager, and like most teenage boys, I spend most of my time wondering,

ted英文演讲稿3篇范文稿

ted英文演讲稿3篇 以下这篇由应届毕业生演讲稿网站整理提供的是《阿凡达》、《泰坦尼克号》的导演詹姆斯·卡梅隆(james cameron)的一篇ted演讲。在这个演讲里,卡梅隆回顾了自己从电影学院毕业后走上导演道路的故事。卡梅隆告诉你,不要畏惧失败,永远不要给自己设限。更多演讲稿范文,欢迎访问应届毕业生演讲稿网站! i grew up on a steady diet of science fiction. in high school, i took a bus to school an hour each way every day. and i was always absorbed in a book, science fiction book, which took my mind to other worlds, and satisfied, in a narrative form, this insatiable sense of curiosity that i had. and you know, that curiosity also manifested itself in the fact that whenever i wasn't in school i was out in the woods, hiking and taking "samples" -- frogs and snakes and bugs and pond water -- and bringing it back, looking at it under the microscope. you know, i was a real science geek. but it was all about trying to understand the world, understand the limits of possibility. and my love of science fiction actually seemed mirrored in the world around me, because what was happening, this was in the late '60s, we were going to the moon, we were exploring the deep oceans.jacques cousteau was coming into our living rooms with his amazing specials that showed us animals and places and a wondrous world that we could never really have previously imagined. so, that seemed to resonate with the whole science fiction part of it.

TED英语演讲稿:如何跟压力做朋友

TED英语演讲稿:如何跟压力做朋友 压力大,怎么办?压力会让你心跳加速、呼吸加快、额头冒汗!当压力成为全民健康公敌时,有研究显示只有当你与压力为敌时,它才会危害你的健康。心理学家kelly mcgonigal 从积极的一面分析压力,教你如何使压力变成你的朋友! stress. it makes your heart pound, your breathing quicken and your forehead sweat. but while stress has been made into a public health enemy, new research suggests that stress may only be bad for you if you believe that to be the case. psychologist kelly mcgonigal urges us to see stress as a positive, and introduces us to an unsung mechanism for stress reduction: reaching out to others. kelly mcgonigal translates academic research into practical strategies for health, happiness and personal success. why you should listen to her: stanford university psychologist kelly mcgonigal is a leader in the growing field of “science-help.”through books, articles, courses and workshops, mcgonigal works to help us understand and implement the

TED英文演讲稿:谈转变心态的珠峰游(附翻译)

TED英文演讲稿:谈转变心态的珠峰游(附翻译)Last year when I was here, I was speaking to you about a swim which I did across the North Pole.去年,当我站在这里的时候,我在谈论我横跨北极的游泳。 And while that swim took place three years ago, I can remember it as if it was yesterday.那还是发生在3年前,对我则好像是昨天一般。 I remember standing on the edge of the ice, about to dive into the water, and thinking to myself, I have never ever seen any place on this earth which is just so frightening.我还记得我站在冰层的边缘,就要扎进水里,然后我自己想到,我再也再也不要看到地球上的这个地方,这里是如此的让人恐惧。 The water is completely black.The water is minus 1.7 degrees centigrade, or 29 degrees Fahrenheit.It's flipping freezing in that water. 那里的水是全黑色。水的温度是负1.7摄氏度,华氏29度。那水里就是翻动的冰块。 And then a thought came across my mind: if things go pear-shaped on this swim, how long will it take for my frozen body to sink the four and a half kilometers to the bottom of the ocean?然后一个念头在我脑

TED英语演讲稿:我们为什么要睡觉

三一文库(https://www.wendangku.net/doc/5818690451.html,)/演讲致辞/英语演讲稿TED英语演讲稿:我们为什么要睡觉 简介:一生中,我们有三分之一的时间都在睡眠中度过。关于睡眠,你又了解多少?睡眠专家russellfoster为我们解答为什么要睡觉,以及睡眠对健康的影响。 whatidliketodotodayistalkaboutoneofmyfavorites ubjects,andthatistheneuroscienceofsleep. now,thereisasound--(alarmclock)--aah,itworked--asoundthatisdesperately,desperatelyfamiliarto mostofus,andofcourseitsthesoundofthealarmclock .andwhatthattrulyghastly,awfulsounddoesisstopt hesinglemostimportantbehavioralexperiencethatw ehave,andthatssleep.ifyoureanaveragesortofpers on,36percentofyourlifewillbespentasleep,whichm eansthatifyouliveto90,then32yearswillhavebeens pententirelyasleep.

nowwhatthat32yearsistellingusisthatsleepatsome levelisimportant.andyet,formostofus,wedontgive sleepasecondthought.wethrowitaway.wereallyjust dontthinkaboutsleep.andsowhatidliketodotodayis changeyourviews,changeyourideasandyourthoughts aboutsleep.andthejourneythatiwanttotakeyouon,w eneedtostartbygoingbackintime. "enjoythehoney-heavydewofslumber."anyideaswhos aidthat?shakespearesjuliuscaesar.yes,letmegive youafewmorequotes."osleep,ogentlesleep,natures softnurse,howhaveifrightedthee?"shakespeareaga in,from--iwontsayit--thescottishplay.[correcti on:henryiv,part2](laughter)fromthesametime:"sl eepisthegoldenchainthattieshealthandourbodiest ogether."extremelyprophetic,bythomasdekker,ano therelizabethandramatist. butifwejumpforward400years,thetoneaboutsleepch angessomewhat.thisisfromthomasedison,fromthebe

ted英文演讲稿3篇

ted英文演讲稿3篇 以下这篇由XX演讲稿网站整理提供的是《阿凡达》、 《泰坦尼克号》的导演詹姆斯?卡梅隆(james cameron)的 一篇ted演讲。在这个演讲里,卡梅隆回顾了自己从电影学院毕业后走上导演道路的故事。卡梅隆告诉你,不要畏惧失败,永远不要给自己设限。更多演讲稿范文,欢迎访问XX 演讲稿网站! i grew up on a steady diet of science fiction. in high school, i took a bus to school an hour each way every day. and i was always absorbed in a book, science fiction book, which took my mind to other worlds, and satisfied, in a narrative form, this insatiable sense of curiosity that i had. and you know, that curiosity also manifested itself in the fact that whenever i wasn't in school i was out in the woods, hiking and taking "samples" -- frogs and snakes and bugs and pond water -- and bringing it back, looking at it under the microscope. you know, i was a real science geek. but it was all about trying to understand the world, understand the limits of possibility. and my love of science fiction actually seemed mirrored in

推荐下载 ted经典英文演讲稿 经典英文演讲稿-最新

ted经典英文演讲稿经典英文演讲稿 Happinessliesnotinthemerepossessionofmoney,itliesinthejoyofachievemen t,inthethrillofcreativeefforts,thejoyandmoralstimulationofworknolonge rmustbeforgotteninthemadchaseofevanescentprofits.Thesedarkdays,myfrie nds,willbeworthalltheycostus,iftheyteachusthatourtruedestinyisnottobe ministeredonto,buttoministertoourselves,toourfellowmen. 幸福并不在于单纯的占有金钱,幸福还在于取得成功后的喜悦,在于创造努力时的激-情.务必不能再忘记劳动带来的喜悦和激励,而去疯狂追逐那转瞬即逝的利润.如果这些黯淡的日子能使我们认识到,我们真正的使命不是要别人侍奉,而是要为自己和同胞们服务的话,那么,我们付出的代价是完全值得的. Ihaveadreamthatonedaythisnationwillriseupandliveoutthetruemeaningofit screed-weholdthesestruthstobeself-Oevident,thatallmenarecreatedequal. IhhaveadreamthatonedayontheredhillsofGeorgia,sonsofformerslavesandson sofformerslaveownerswillbeabletosittogetheratthetableofbrotherhood.Io h100./mmyfourlittlechildrenwillonedayliveinanationwheretheywillnotbej udgedbythecoloroftheirskinbutbythecontentoftheircharacter.ihaveadream today!Whenweallowfreedomtoring,whenweletitringfromeveryvillageandhaml et,fromeverystateandcity,wewillbeabletospeedupthatdaywhenallofGod’schildren-blackmenandwhitemen,jewsandGentiles,Catholicsandprotestants -willbeabletojoinhandsandtosinginthewordsoftheoldNegrospiritual,freea tleast,freeatlast.ThankGodAlmighty,wearefreeatlast. 我有一个梦:有一天,这个国家将站起来,并实现他的信条的真正含义:我们将扞卫这些不言而喻的真理,即所有人生来平等.我有一个梦:有一天在乔治亚洲红色的山丘上,从前的奴隶的子孙们能和奴隶主的子孙们像兄弟一样坐在同一张桌旁;我有一个梦我的四个孩子有一天将生活在这样一个国度,在那里,人们不以肤色,而是以品格来评价他们.当自由的钟声响起的时候,当我们让它从每一个村庄,每一个州,每一个城市响起的时候,我们将能够加速这一天的到来.那是,上帝

(完整版)TED英语演讲稿:二十岁是不可以挥霍的光阴

TED英语演讲稿:二十岁是不可以挥霍的光阴 5天内超过60万次浏览量的最新TED演讲“二十岁一去不再来”激起了世界各地的热烈讨论,资深心理治疗师 Meg Jay 分享给20多岁青年人的人生建议:(1)不要为你究竟是谁而烦恼,去赚那些说明你是谁的资本。(2)不要把自己封锁在小圈子里。(3)记住你可以选择自己的家庭。 Meg说:“第一,我常告诉二十多岁的男孩女孩,不要为你究竟是谁而烦恼,开始思考你可以是谁,并且去赚那些说明你是谁的资本。现在就是最好的尝试时机,不管是海外实习,还是创业,或者做公益。第二,年轻人经常聚在一起,感情好到可以穿一条裤子。可是社会中许多机会是从远关系开始的,不要把自己封锁在小圈子里,走出去你才会对自己的经历有更多的认识。第三,记住你可以选择自己的家庭。你的婚姻就是未来几十年的家庭,就算你要到三十岁结婚,现在选择和什么样的人交往也是至关重要的。简而言之,二十岁是不能轻易挥霍的美好时光。” 这段关于20岁青年人如何看待人生的演讲引起了许多TED粉丝的讨论,来自TEDx组织团队的David Webber就说:Meg指出最重要的一点便是青年人需要及早意识到积累经验和眼界,无论是20岁还是30岁,都是有利自己发展的重要事。” When I was in my 20s, I saw my very first psychotherapy

client. I was a Ph.D. student in clinical psychology at Berkeley. She was a 26-year-old woman named Alex. 记得见我第一位心理咨询顾客时,我才20多岁。当时我是Berkeley临床心理学在读博士生。我的第一位顾客是名叫Alex的女性,26岁。 Now Alex walked into her first session wearing jeans and a big slouchy top, and she dropped onto the couch in my office and kicked off her flats and told me she was there to talk about guy problems. Now when I heard this, I was so relieved. My classmate got an arsonist for her first client. (Laughter) And I got a twentysomething who wanted to talk about boys. This I thought I could handle. 第一次见面Alex穿着牛仔裤和宽松上衣走进来,她一下子栽进我办公室的沙发上,踢掉脚上的平底鞋,跟我说她想谈谈男生的问题。当时我听到这个之后松了一口气。因为我同学的第一个顾客是纵火犯,而我的顾客却是一个20出头想谈谈男生的女孩。我觉得我可以搞定。 But I didn't handle it. With the funny stories that Alex would bring to session, it was easy for me just to nod my head while we kicked the can down the road. 但是我没有搞定。Alex不断地讲有趣的事情,而我只能简单地点头认同她所说的,很自然地就陷入了附和的状态。 "Thirty's the new 20," Alex would say, and as far as I

TED英语演讲稿大全

TED英语演讲稿大全 TED英语演讲稿 I was one of the only kids in college who had a reason to go to the box at the end of the day, and that was mainly because my mother has never believed in email, in Facebook, in texting or cell phones in general. And so while other kids were BBM-ing their parents, I was literally waiting by the mailbox to get a letter from home to see how the weekend had gone, which was a little frustrating when Grandma was in the hospital, but I was just looking for some sort of scribble, some unkempt cursive from my mother. And so when I moved to New York City after college and got pletely sucker-punched in the face by depression, I did the only thing I could think of at the time. I wrote those same kinds of letters that my mother had written me for strangers, and tucked them all throughout the city, dozens and dozens of them. I left them everywhere, in cafes and in libraries, at the , everywhere. I blogged about those letters and the days when they were necessary, and I posed a kind of crazy

TED英语演讲稿:给陌生人的情书

TED英语演讲稿:给陌生人的情书 i was one of the only kids in college who had a reason to go to the p.o. box at the end of the day, and that was mainly because my mother has never believed in email, in facebook, in texting or cell phones in general. and so while other kids were bbm-ing their parents, i was literally waiting by the mailbox to get a letter from home to see how the weekend had gone, which was a little frustrating when grandma was in the hospital, but i was just looking for some sort of scribble, some unkempt cursive from my mother. and so when i moved to new york city after college and got completely sucker-punched in the face by depression, i did the only thing i could think of at the time. i wrote those same kinds of letters that my mother had written me for strangers, and tucked them all throughout the city, dozens and dozens of them. i left them everywhere, in cafes and in libraries, at the u.n., everywhere. i blogged about those letters and the days when they were necessary, and i posed a kind of crazy promise to the internet: that if you asked me for a hand-written letter, i would write you one, no questions asked. overnight, my inbox morphed into this harbor of heartbreak -- a single mother in sacramento, a girl being bullied in rural kansas, all asking me, a 22-year-old girl who barely even knew her own coffee order, to write them a love letter and give them a reason to wait by the mailbox. well, today i fuel a global organization that is fueled by those trips to the mailbox, fueled by the ways in which we can harness social media like never before to write and mail strangers letters when they need them most, but most of all, fueled by crates of mail like this one, my trusty mail crate, filled with the scriptings of

Ted中英对照演讲稿

Ted中英对照演讲稿 大人能从小孩身上学到什么 Now, I want to start with a question: When was the last time you were called childish? For kids like me, being called childish can be a frequent occurrence. Every time we make irrational demands, exhibit irresponsible behavior, or display any other signs of being normal American citizens, we are called childish, which really bothers me. After all, take a look at these events: Imperialism and colonization, world wars, George W. Bush. Ask yourself: Who's responsible? Adults. 首先我要问大家一个问题:上一回别人说你幼稚是什么时候?像我这样的小孩,可能经常会被人说成是幼稚。每一次我们提出不合理的要求,做出不负责任的行为,或者展现出有别于普通美国公民的惯常行为之时,我们就被说成是幼稚。这让我很不服气。首先,让我们来回顾下这些事件:帝国主义和殖民主义,世界大战,小布什。请你们扪心自问下:这些该归咎于谁?是大人。 Now, what have kids done? Well, Anne Frank touched millions with her powerful account of the Holocaust, Ruby Bridges helped end segregation in the United States, and, most recently, Charlie Simpson helped to raise 120,000 pounds for Haiti on his little bike. So, as you can see evidenced by such examples, age has absolutely nothing to do with it. The traits the word childish addresses are seen so often in adults that we should abolish this age-discriminatory word when it comes to criticizing behavior associated with irresponsibility and irrational thinking. 而小孩呢,做了些什么?安妮·弗兰克(Anne Frank)对大屠杀强有力的叙述打动了数百万人的心。鲁比·布里奇斯为美国种族隔离的终结作出了贡献。另外,最近还有一个例子,查理·辛普森(Charlie Simpson)骑自行车为海地募得12万英镑。所以,这些例子证明了年龄与行为完全没有关系。"幼稚"这个词所对应的特点是常常可以从大人身上看到,由此我们在批评不负责和非理性的相关行为时,应停止使用这个年龄歧视的词。 (Applause) Thank you. Then again, who's to say that certain types of irrational thinking aren't exactly what the world needs? Maybe you've had grand plans before, but stopped yourself, thinking: That's impossible or that costs too much or that won't benefit me. For better or worse, we kids aren't hampered as much when it comes to thinking about reasons why not to do things. Kids can be full of inspiring aspirations and hopeful thinking, like my wish that no one went hungry or that everything were free kind of utopia. How many of you still dream like that and believe in the

最新经典TED英语演讲稿范文

I think the cause is more complicated. I think, as a society, we put more pressure on our boys to succeedthan we do on our girls. I know men that stay home and work in the home to support wives with careers,and it's hard. When I go to the Mommy-and-Me stuff and I see the father there, I notice that the other mommies don't play with him. And that's a problem, because we have to make it as important a job,because it's the hardest job in the world to work inside the home, for people of both genders, if we're going to even things out and let women stay in the workforce. Studies show that households with equal earning and equal responsibility also have half the divorce rate.And if that wasn't good enough motivation for everyone out there, they also have more — how shall I say this on this stage? They know each other more in the biblical sense as well. Message number three: Don't leave before you leave. I think there's a really deep irony to the fact that actions women are taking — and I see this all the time — with the objective of staying in the workforceactually lead to their eventually leaving. Here's what happens: We're all busy. Everyone's busy. A woman's busy. And she starts thinking about having a child, and from the moment she starts thinking about having a child, she starts thinking about making room for that child. "How am I going to fit this into everything else I'm doing?" And literally from that moment, she doesn't raise her hand anymore, she doesn't look for a promotion, she doesn't take on the new project, she doesn't say, "Me. I want to do that." She starts leaning back. The problem is that — let's say she got pregnant that day, that day —nine months of pregnancy, three months of maternity leave, six months to catch your breath —Fast-forward two years, more often —and as I've seen it — women start thinking about this way earlier — when they get engaged, or married, when they start thinking about having a child, which can take a long time. One woman came to see me about this. She looked a little young. And I said, "So are you and your husband thinking about having a baby?" And she said, "Oh no, I'm not married." She didn't even have a boyfriend. I said, "You're thinking about this just way too early." But the point is that what happens once you start kind of quietly leaning back? Everyone who's been through this —and I'm here to tell you, once you have a child at home, your job better be really good to go back, because it's hard to leave that kid at home. Your job needs to be challenging. It needs to be rewarding. You need to feel like you're making a difference. And if two years ago you didn't take a promotion and some guy next to you did, if

五篇经典TED英语演讲稿范文

五篇经典TED英语演讲稿范文 英语演讲1 I think the cause is more complicated. I think, as a society, we put more pressure on our boys to succeedthan we do on our girls. I know men that stay home and work in the home to support wives with careers,and its hard. When I go to the Mommy-and-Me stuff and I see the father there, I notice that the other mommies dont play with him. And thats a problem, because we have to make it as important a job,because its the hardest job in the world to work inside the home, for people of both genders, if were going to even things out and let women stay in the workforce. Studies show that households with equal earning and equal responsibility also have half the divorce rate.And if that wasnt good enough motivation for everyone out there, they also have more — how shall I say this on this stage? 英语演讲2 They know each other more in the biblical sense as well. Message number three: Dont leave before you leave. I think theres a really deep irony to the fact that actions women are taking — and

相关文档
相关文档 最新文档