1. A. wise B. wide C. wish
2. A. rewrite B. repeat C. review
3. A. supply B. support C. suppose
4. A. surprising B. surprise C. surprised
5. A. active B. action C. act
6. Which book has the man read?
A. B. C.
7. What fruit does Tim want?
A. B. C.
8. Which TV program are they talking about?
A. B. C.
9. What is Tim's favourite animal?
A. B. C.
10. When will the movie begin?
A. B. C.
11. What are they doing?
A. They're watching TV at home.
B. They're taking photos in the park.
C. They're making a telephone call.
12. Who is an inventor?
13. Where does the dialogue probably take place?
A. In a bookstore.
B. In a library.
C. In a restaurant.
14. Where are they probably talking?
A. In the classroom.
B. On the street.
C. In the park.
15. Why does Jack like the film?
A. The story is very interesting.
B. The music is very beautiful.
C. The acting is very creative.
16. How far is the bookstore?
A. It's about thirty minutes' walk.
B. It's about thirty minutes' ride.
C. It's about thirty minutes' drive.
17. Which bus should the man take?
A. The No. 8 bus.
B. The No. 18 bus.
C. The No. 28 bus. 听下面一段对话,回答第18至20小题。
18. What does the man want to buy?
A. Some books.
B. A notebook.
C. An e-book.
19. How long does it take the man to walk to the bookstore?
A. Half an hour.
B. About an hour.
C. About an hour and a half.
20. Which bus will the man take?
A. The No. 9 bus.
B. The No. 19 bus.
C. The No. 90 bus.
21. Where is Mrs. Smith?
A. At a bookstore.
B. At a supermarket.
C. At a restaurant.
22. When did Mrs. Smith find her son lost?
A. After she picked up some milk.
B. When she was making a phone call.
C. When she was taking a walk.
23. What colour is the boy's hair?
24. Which floor is the office on?
A. The first floor.
B. The second floor.
C. The third floor.
25. What's Mrs. Smith's telephone number?
31. —I'm worried about the talent show tomorrow.
—Be confident(自信的)！If you don't believe in yourself, ________will.
32. —How was the food in the town?
—Terrible, ________we still had a good time there.
33. —Did you watch the football game on TV?
—Yes, I did. I think ________people also watched it.
A. several millions
B. millions of
C. two million of
D. two millions
34. —Are your grandparents still________？
—Yes, they are. They are very healthy.
35. If you ________,please tell me. I'll go to help you.
A. get into lines
B. get into trouble
C. get into bed
D. get into communication
36. —How many ________is the USA made up of?
37. —What do you want to be when you________？
A. look up
B. come up
C. get up
D. grow up
38. The dog took a piece of meat and________.
A. put away
B. took off
C. ran away
D. saw off
39. Do what you want to do and don't let others ________your decision.
40. Shakespeare's ________are great and they're still popular now. Many people
like them very much.
41. A man may talk like a ________man and yet acts like a fool.
42. She managed to ________from the burning car.
43. —Excuse me, sir, smoking ________in the gas station.
—Oh, I'm awfully sorry.
A. doesn't allow
B. is allowed
C. aren't allowed
D. isn't allowed
44. The boy couldn't help crying when he saw his favourite fish was________.
—I can't find my book. Did you see it?
A. Who is it
B. What about you
C. How are you
D. What's up
There are lots of successful people all over the world. Different people have different opinions about their__46__. Once a successful businessman was invited to a TV interview. People couldn't wait to hear the secret of his great achievements. __47__, he only said with a smile, “Won't it be better for your ideas on a certa in problem？”
All the people were listening to him__48__. Here was his problem. He said, “People all__49__to the place where a gold mine had just been discovered. But when they got there, they found they were__50__by a river in front of it. They had to cross the river if they wanted to get to the gold mine. What would you do if you were among them？”“Make another way,”someone suggested. “Swim across the river,”said another. The businessman smiled without saying a word. Finally he gave his idea. “Why not do something__51__instead of rushing to the mine? How about buying a boat to offer the ferry(渡船)service？”The listeners were all__52__at his idea. He then explained calmly. The man who bought the boat could__53__a lot of money by taking the passengers to __54__ bank of the river. They would like to pay __55__ the
ferry because there was gold across from the bank.
Do what the others haven't thought of or do something that others have never tried before－that is the key to success.
A difficult situation, in the eyes of a wise man, often means a chance of success.
46. A. success B. failure C. dreams D. lives
47. A. Already B. But C. Also D. However
48. A. simply B. carefully C. carelessly D. slowly
49. A. rushed B. entered C. got D. flew
50. A. covered B. turned C. passed D. stopped
51. A. difficult B. different C. interesting D. exciting
52. A. tired B. worried C. pleased D. amazed
53. A. make B. look C. send D. buy
54. A. other B. others C. the other D. another
55. A. back B. for C. off D. up
A primary school in Canada has made some of its students very __56__ by banning(禁止) homework.
Teachers will still be able to ask students to __57__ and read at home, but they cannot give them homework like pages of math problems. The school will __58__ the way students spend time in class to make sure they don't fall behind in their work.
Some __59__ think it's a bad idea. They say homework is a way for them to know how their children are doing in school, and to help them if they are having problems.
The school says it will send home an exercise book __60__ parents can see how their children are doing.
Several schools in Canada and the United States have been discussing __61__ homework is a good idea or not.
In 2009, a study __62__ that students with more homework may get higher marks. But this was only true for students in the seventh grade and higher, not in
Many people believe that homework is important because it __63__ children to manage their time better. They say it also reinforces(巩固) what the students are learning in school.
But other people think homework causes stress for students and makes them less interested__64__learning. They say children's lives are too __65__, and they need to be able to spend more free time with their family, or just playing.
56. A. sad B. happy C. angry D. afraid
57. A. play B. sing C. study D. dance
58. A. change B. stop C. move D. continue
59. A. students B. parents C. teachers D. experts
60. A. so B. but C. or D. if
61. A. why B. whether C. how D. what
62. A. told B. guessed C. tested D. found
63. A. tells B. forces C. hopes D. advises
64. A. at B. in C. on D. for
65. A. free B. interesting C. relaxing D. busy
A: Hello, is that Lingling speaking?
B: Speaking. (66)________
A：This is Meimei. I want to go to the movies now, (67)________
B: I'd love to, but I'm watching a TV program called Readers. (68)________
A：No, I haven't watched it. (69)________
B: It's great. In this program, many people who have a great influence in our life tell their own stories and share some wonderful articles with us. You know, reading is very important to everyone and Chinese classical books are our treasure. I think we should read as much as possible.
A：(70)________I can't wait to enjoy it.
B: Why don't you turn on the TV and watch it at once?
A：Good idea. I'll do it right now. Goodbye!
71. If you want to make a Christmas plan together with your children,which book do
A. Star of Wonder.
B. The Little White House.
C. First Festival: Christmas.
D. My Very First Christmas Book.
72. Which number will you dial(拨打) if you want to order a book for your 2-year-old
A. 07459 40560.
B. 07459 39323.
C. 07459 45783.
D. 07459 39074.
73. If your child wants to read fairy tales, whose book will you choose?
A. Pat Alexander's.
B. Alec Ayliffe's.
C. Lois Rock's.
D. Elizabeth Goudge's.
74. From the information above we can learn that these four books are all for
Classic books never go out of fashion. The Outsiders first came out in 1967. But even though the book is old, it is still worth reading. It is written by US writer S. E. Hinton.
The book tells the story of a 14-year-old boy called Ponyboy Curtis. He struggles with right and wrong in a society where he believes he is an outsider. The story took place in Oklahoma, US, in 1965.
In the book, the children are divided into two groups. One includes Curtis and Greasers, mostly made up of poor kids. They have longer hair and often smoke at a young age. The other group is called the Socs, made up of rich children. They wear expensive clothes and drive high-tech cars. Those two groups do not get along well.
I was touched by the friendship among the boys. When any of them had a problem, the others would help. Although they are not well educated(教育), they are kind and brave. For example, when Johnny was hurt and in hospital, his friends visited him almost every day. They brought him food and told him interesting stories.
I always dreamed of having kind and strong friendships like this.
This book shows the beautiful personalities(品质) of those ordinary people. I advise that teenagers read this book and I hope they can enjoy it.
75. What does the writer mean by saying “Classic books never go out of fashion. ”？
A. Books for classroom reading are popular.
B. Good books are worth reading all the time.
C. Students should read some fashionable books.
D. Good books will lose their value.
76. The story in the book took place ________.
A. in 1965
B. in 1967
C. more than 14 years ago
D. in 1976
77. The writer divided the boys into two groups according to ________.
A. their families' wealth
B. their books
C. their studies
D. their life
78. The writer always dreamed about ________ in his life.
79. The writer wrote this text to ________.
A. tell us his early life
B. introduce a book to teenagers
C. explain what is right and wrong to us
D. show what a good book is
Look around when you're on a subway. What's the most popular time-killing activity? In China,many people play on their cellphones. But in other countries,many people enjoy reading. Chinese people read an average(平均) of 4. 5 books during 2015,according to a recent survey. While a US citizen reads 21 a year and a Japanese reads 17,according to UNESCO(联合国教科文组织).
Reading books builds a bridge between our life and the unknown world. In many foreign countries,people read at any time. Even backpackers enjoy reading books when they're at the beach,or relaxing from a hike.
In most US middle schools,teachers give students a reading list every few weeks. Most books are easy reads like youth novels. Some schools then hold competitions by asking students details(细节) of a book.
Good reading habits lead you to a lifelong love of books.
In order to encourage people to read more,China is planning to foster(鼓励) the habit of reading in its law. Although this has both good and bad sides,it can be seen as
a way to develop one's reading habits.
80. How many books does an American read a year on average?
A. 4. 5.
81. How do some schools in the US have competitions?
A. By reading more books.
B. By telling details of a book.
C. By telling exciting stories.
D. By reading long time.
82. In which country are people developing reading habits by making laws?
B. The US.
Kid Presidents：True Tales of Childhood from America's Presidents
Number of pages：224
What's the book about?
In the 20 stories of 20 different US presidents in this book,we learn that our country's leaders are not so different from us. They,too,were once kids with common problems. They did schoolwork hard,fought with brothers and sisters,and became angry with their parents. Dwight Eisenhower dealt with bad persons. Bill Clinton tried to lose his weight. Barack Obama moved to Indonesia with his mother when he was just a boy,and had to get used to a new culture.
How did the author make this book interesting?
David Stabler tells interesting and strange stories of our nation's leaders humorously,introducing the jazz stars,life-savers,and etc. among our presidents to people.
Who would like this book?
You don't have to be a fan of history to pick up this book. Those who enjoy
reading about facing difficulties,but still enjoy a good laugh,would like this book. Of course,if you hope to become a future leader of the world,I suggest you read this book from cover to cover.
On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best),how would you rate(评价)this book?
I would rate this book 10 out of 10 because it is a fantastic book. It has everything you could ask for. It's educational,funny,and even a little dramatic. This book may appear to be for young readers only,but it is a read the whole family can enjoy.
83. This book mainly tells readers________.
A. the US presidents' history
B. the childhood stories of the US presidents
C. the ways to deal with the US kids' problems
D. how to get used to a new culture in America
84. Why does the text's writer mention what Barack Obama did when he was young?
A. To show the US presidents are the same as common people.
B. To introduce the interesting stories to other US presidents.
C. To encourage people to learn from the US presidents.
D. To tell people the US presidents like the book too.
85. Who is David Stabler?
A. The writer of the book.
B. The writer of the text.
C. A reader of the book.
D. A kid president.
86. Who would like to read the book most according to the text's writer?
A. kids who are good at English.
B. kids who are wise.
C. kids who are eager to be successful leaders.
D. kids who are poor in life.
87. Where can you see the passage?
A. In a book review.
B. In a guide book.
C. In a fashion magazine.
D. In a talk show.
Children today have many things to play with. They can watch television,surf the Internet,or play video games. But what do you think children did for fun long ago? They read books.
Some of you might ask,“Are books really fun？” Believ e it or not,books provide many things that television or computers cannot. Since books use only words to tell a story,they can improve your imagination. You can picture the characters and the background in your head and you can also imagine how the characters feel.
The words and sentences that are used in storytelling are also very interesting and usually cannot be found often on television or on websites. They are sometimes so beautiful and touching that they can bring tears to your eyes.
Books also help us to think harder and deeper. As we continue to read,we ask questions to ourselves and try to find answers.
These are some of the reasons why books are so fun to read.
Remember：the more you read,the more you grow.
88. What can the children do today？(不超过10个词)
_________________________________________________________________ 89. What are the advantages of reading books? (不超过15个词)
_________________________________________________________________ 90. What does the passage want to tell us？(不超过10个词)
91. The old man stayed a__________(活着的) luckily after the strong earthquake.
92. Before we make a decision, we should d____________(讨论) it carefully
93. I practice my English by reading aloud these d____________(对话).
94. He reads a____________(冒险)stories for fun.
95. The book gives a good picture of e____________(日常的)life in ancient Rome. 十一、书面表达(共1小题；满分25分)
你喜欢阅读吗？阅读能使人明智,使人充实。请你以“Reading Is Very Important”为题,写一篇不少于80词的短文。
要点：1. 阅读的益处。2. 你的阅读习惯。3. 你的阅读体会。
Reading Is Very Important
Reading can not only open up our eyes but also improve our knowledge. ___ _________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________
一、1. I think it is wise to eat an apple a day.
2. After reading the book，you should write a review.
3. Suppose you have a lot of money —what will you do with it?
4. You can imagine how surprised I was.
5. Her quick action saved the child's life.
二、6. M：Kate, have you read the book Little Women yet?
W：No, I haven't. How is it?
M：It's really fantastic.
7. W：Welcome to my house, Tim. Would you like apples or oranges?
M：I'd like some oranges.
8. M：The TV show In the Name of People is playing right now. Many people
like to watch it.
W：Yes, it's very educational. We can learn a lot from it.
9. W：Tim, what is your favourite animal?
M：I like tigers best.
10. W：Hurry up, John. The movie will begin soon.
M：Don't worry. The movie will begin at twenty to eight.
11. W：Hello，this is Jane. May I speak to Jill?
12. M：Hi，Alice. What are you reading?
W：Hello，Karl. I'm reading about Edison in this magazine. He's a famous inventor.
13. M：Do you have a book about Tu Youyou?
W：Yes，of course. Here you are.
M：How much is it?
14. W：Hey，where is my English book?
M：Look! It's on Li Mei's desk.
15. M：Lucy，did you enjoy tonight's film?
W：Yes. It's great. The story is very interesting and the music is really beautiful. What about you, Jack?
M：I like it，too. The acting is very creative.
M：Excuse me. Can you tell me where Xinhua Bookstore is，please?
W：Sure. It's on Jiefang Road. It's a bit far from here.
M：How far is it?
W：It's about thirty minutes' walk.
M：I'm tired. Can I take a bus?
W：Yes. Look! The bus stop is over there.
M：Which bus should I take?
W：The No. 28 bus.
M：Thank you very much.
M：Excuse me. Where can I buy an e-book?
W：Go straight ahead along Sunshine Street and you'll find a bookstore.
There're lots of e-books there.
M：Is it far from here?
W：Yes. It takes about an hour to walk there.
M：How much does it cost to go there by taxi?
W：It's about 10 dollars. You may take a bus there. It's only 2 dollars.
M：Which bus shall I take?
W：You can take the No. 9 bus.
M：Thanks a lot.
This is the office of the supermarket. May I have your attention, please? We have a mother here. She is Mrs. Smith. She lost her son when she was doing some shopping on the first floor in the supermarket. After picking up some milk, the mother found her son was lost. The boy is 7 years old. He is about 1. 3 meters tall. He is thin and has a round face with black hair. He is wearing a red T-shirt, blue pants and brown shoes. There is a picture of Mickey Mouse on his T-shirt. If you see the boy anywhere in the supermarket, please come to our office on the first floor. And you can also call Mrs. Smith at 632—1091. Thank you!
When you go to a dinner party in the USA, you'd better take a small present. It's nice to take some drinks, such as pear juice, beer or something like these. You should arrive on time or not more than five minutes late. Don't get there early. If you are more than fifteen minutes late, you should call the host and let him know. Try to be relaxed and polite at the table. If you don't know how to use the knife and fork, don't be nervous. You can watch others and follow them. If you still have no idea, ask the person next to you.
五、26. Manners27. pear28. 5/five29. host30. polite
七、(A)46. A点拨：根据上句There are lots of successful people all over the world.
50. D点拨：根据下句They had to cross the river if they wanted to get to the
gold mine. 可知，是被一条河拦住去路，故选D。
51. B点拨：根据下文How about buying a boat to offer the ferry(渡
pay back偿还；pay for为……付款；pay off还清；pay up结清。根据句意分析，可知选B。
(B)56. B点拨：根据“by banning homework”禁止家庭作业可知应该使学生
57. C点拨：根据下文“but they cannot give them homework like pages of
61. B点拨：固定结构whether…or not 是否。
63. B点拨：根据下句“They say it also reinforces(巩固) what the students are
learning in school. ”可知家庭作业起着督促与巩固的作用，故此处是指促
65. D点拨：根据下文的“and they need to be able to spend more free time
with their f amily, or just playing. ” 他们需要有更多的空闲时间和家人在
72. A 点拨：由表格中“My Very First Christmas Book… Ages 0—3”可知这本
73. D点拨：由表格中“The Little White House Elizabeth Goudge A fairy
tale …”可知，如果孩子喜欢看童话书可以选择The Little White House，
(E)88. Watch TV, surf the Internet or play video games.
89. It can improve our imagination and also help us think harder and deeper.
90. The more you read, the more you grow.
十、91. alive92. discuss93. dialogues94. Adventure 95. everyday
十一、One possible version：
Reading Is Very Important
Reading can not only open up our eyes but also improve our knowledge. Some people say that money is the best thing in the world，but I think reading is the best.
Reading is very important. By reading we can get all kinds of knowledge.