1.The United States C itself to be a middle-class nation.
2.He appealed to all parents to B from violence.
3.The judge was a stern, A man.
4.Hopes of an early cut in interest rates ______B____ confidence.
5._______B______that over 90% of the children in China have been spanked by their parents has proved true.
A.It has been estimated
C.The estimate is
D.The estimate indicates
6. A great amount of work has gone into B the Cathedral to its previous splendour.
7.The economic recession has indicated that job__A_is a rare thing.
8.Let me give you an example to C this difficult point.
9. The manager gave them his __C__ that their complaints would be investigated.
10. On the way, they stopped at a house that was about to be put up for _B______.
1. The noise of bombs and guns was ____B______.
2. I am not ________C__ to having my word questioned.
3. She _____C__ the secret out before we could stop her.
4. There is a _______D__ of soap in the box.
5.He tapped me the ____B_____not to buy at that price.
6. Wipe the battery ____B_____mild cleaning solution.
B. packed with
C. packing with
D. pack with
7. Perched on her seat, _____C____ as a sparrow, she takes a look around at her fellow passengers.
8. You are so ______A____, you only got four hours of sleep, after all.
9. Don’t believe him for he is a _A__________.
B. yellow dog
10. He finds his son ______B___________.
A.got out of hand
B.getting out of hand
C.gets out of hand
D.get out of hand
1. It is most unlikely that you will find the information you need about the person who _____B_____ on me to my mother about my playing computer games.
2. It is acceptable she always says a lot in meetings, but she doesn’t _____B_____ .
3. Confronting with extreme hardships, John looked to God as his _C______ of strength.
4. The tournament is open to both ______C___ and professionals.
5.After suffering from so many failures I think we should just give in ___A______.
6. There being so many students in their class teachers have limited amount of time to
_______C__ with each child.
7. In the poem he ___C_____ the destruction of the environment in the countryside as a pity.
8. The party turned out to be more of a (an) ___A_______ test than a pleasure.
9. Subsequent experiments failed to ____A_______ these findings.
10. He bitterly ______A______ being treated like a child and promises to say no to the host.
1.The company has C a new formula for setting the disbute.
2.This intervention in another nation's affairs has set
aA which we hope other countries will not follow.
3.She C out of the room when no one was looking.
4.This TV series C from a short story.
5.The car raced past, leaving a D of dust.
6. She is B with both beauty and brains.
7.There is always a/an C of risk in this sort of investment.
8.He C his remarks with a graph showing the latest sales figure.
9. It was very difficult to C which of them was telling the truth.
10.There is great pressure on schoolchildren to __B_.