51. Which of the following sentences is INCORRECT?
A. Twenty miles seems like a long walk to him.
B. No one except his supporters agree with him.
C. Neither Julia nor I were going to the party.
D. Few students in my class are really lazy.
52. Which of the following determiners(限定词 )can be placed before both singular count nouns and plural count nouns?
A. many a B. few C. such D. the next
53. Which of the following reflexive pronouns(反身代词 )is used as an appositive(同位语 )?
A, He promised himself rapid progress.
B. The manager herself will interview Mary.
C. I have nothing to say for myself.
D. They quarreled themselves red in the face.
54. My boss ordered that the legal documents ____ to him before lunch.
A. be sent B. were sent C. were to be sent D. must be sent
55. Which of the following sentences expresses WILLINGNESS?
A. By now she will be eating dinner.
B. I shall never do that again.
C. My brother will help you with the luggage.
D. You shall get a promotion.
56. Which of the following sentences is INCORRECT?
A. How strange feelings they are!
B. How dare you speak to me like that!
C. What noise they are making!
D. What a mess we are in!
57. which of the italicized parts functions as a subject?
A. We never doubt that her brother is honest.
B. The problem is not who will go but who will stay.
C. You must give it back to whoever it belongs to。
D. It is clear that the crime was done deliberately.
58. which of the italicized parts functions as an object?
A. He doesn’t like the idea of my speaking at the meeting.
B. It is no use your pretending not to know the matter.
C. My parents strongly object to my going out alone at night.
D. Her falling into the river was the climax of the whole trip.
59. All the following sentences have an appositive EXCEPT
A. She bought herself a pair of new shoes.
B. Only one problem still remains-the food.
C. My friends all understand and support me.
D. She liked her current job, teaching English.
60. Which of the following best explains the meaning of―Shall we buy the tickets first‖?
A. He said that we were going to buy the tickets first.
B. He requested that we buy the tickets first.
C. He suggested that we buy the tickets first.
D. He advised us to buy the tickets first.