Unit 1 exercise
ACBAB DDABC AAACB TTFTT
1.In 2008, the share of international visible trade is around _______ of the total
value of international trade.
A.Which of the following statements about SITC is NOT correct?
A. SITC is drafted for the purpose of collecting statistics of the many varieties of goods in international trade.
B. SITC is a standard for classification of international trade in commodities.
C. SITC is a standard for classification of international trade in services.
D. SITC classifies international trade commodities into 10 sections.
3. In 2008, the share of trade in commercial services was about ____ of the total value
of international trade.
4. In 2008, ____ was the world’s largest exporter and importer of commercial services.
a. the United States
5. The service or a professional adviser is supplied through a visit to him by his foreign client. According to the definition of trade in services in GATS, this service is____.
a. cross border supply of services.
b. consumption abroad.
c. commercial presence in the consuming country.
d. presence of natural persons.
6. Which of the following statements is not correct?
a. A favorable balance of trade is known as a trade surplus and consists of exporting more than is imported.
b. The balance of trade is an important part of the current account of a nation’s balance of payment.
c. Since 1994, Chian has maintained favorable trade balance for 15 years in succession.
d. Since the mid-1980s, the United States has had a growing surplus in tradeable goods, especially with Asian nations (China and Japan).
7. If a country uses general trade system in collecting statistic figures, this means ____
a. the statistical territory of the country coincides with its customs territory.
b. the inward and outward movement of goods through its bonded warehouses is not recorded in ties statistic figures.
c. the inward and outward movement of goods through free trade zones is not recorded in its statistic figures,
d. the statistical territory of the country coincides with its economic territory.