文档库 最新最全的文档下载
当前位置:文档库 › 新世纪综合教程1第二版课后练习翻译答案

新世纪综合教程1第二版课后练习翻译答案

新世纪综合教程1第二版课后练习翻译答案
新世纪综合教程1第二版课后练习翻译答案

unite one

1)the judge asked the reporters not to disclose the name of the victim.

法官要求记者不要公开受害人的姓名。

2)The teacher took pains to make sure that we all understood what he said.

老师费尽苦心务使我们全都理解他说的话。

3)Recently the school conducted a survey among those students who have attained academic excellence.

最近学校在学业优秀的学生中进行了一项调查。

4)He said he would accept the job,so we have asked him to confirm his acceptance by writing us a letter.

他说他要接受这份工作,我们要求他写封信证实。

5)George studies very hard. He wants to make the most of his chance to learn.

乔治学习很努力,他要尽量利用学习的机会。

6)We can’t go. To begin with, it’s too cold. Beside, we’re busy.

我们不能去。第一,天太冷。另外我们正忙着。

7)It’s about time that someone spoke up for these basic truths/facts.

该是有人公开讲清楚这些基本事实的时候了。

8)You should be working instead of lying there in bed at this time of the day.

此时此刻你应该工作而不该在床上躺着。

9)I’ll jot down some notes while he’s speaking.

他发言时,我要记些笔记。

10)I can’t carry the suitcase on my own;it’s too heavy.

我自己无法提起这个箱子,它太重了。

Unite two

1)The baby can’t even crawl yet, let alone walk!

这个婴儿还不会爬,更不要说走了。

2)Will claimed he was dining with a group of friends at the time of the murder, but in my opinion he told a lie.

威尔声称谋杀案发生时他正和一群朋友吃饭,但是我认为他在说谎。

3)To a certain extent the speed of reading is closely related to reading skills;and with reading skills you can cope with outside class reading better.

一定程度上阅读速度与阅读技巧密切相关;有了阅读技巧,你就可以更好地应对课外阅读了。

4)Can you take a look at the engine to see what’s wrong?

你检查一下引擎看看出了什么问题好吗?

5)Some people assume that there is a Chinese equivalent for every Japanese word.

有些人想当然地认为日语中的每一个词在汉语中都有相对应的词语。

6)We have passed all relevant information on to the police.

我们已将所有的相关信息告知了警方。

7)There is no use asking me any more questions about that matter because I won’t answer.

关于那件事你问我再多的问题也没用,因为我是不会回答你的。

8.It was a mistake on Jim’s part to sign the contract without ready it care fully.

事先没有仔细阅读合同就签了名是吉姆的错误。

9)They refused to provide us with all the information we need.

他们拒绝向我们提供所需要的全部信息。

10)This accident is very similar to the one that happened three years ago.

这起事故与三年前发生的一起事故极为相似。

11)The film is based on a play by Shakespeare.

这部影片是根据莎士比亚的戏剧改编的。

12.If you have a good command of English and computer skills,you will surely have an advantage over others in finding a job

如果你的英语和电脑技能都掌握的好,那么你在谋职时就一定比别人更有优势。Unite three

1)We are good friends, however, he kept such an important matter from me, which took me by surprise.

我们是好朋友,可他居然将这么大的一件事瞒着我,实在令我吃惊。

2)At the commencement, she felt a lump in her throat but fought back her tears.

在毕业典礼上,她感到喉头哽咽,但她仍然忍住了泪水。

3)Tom chatted with me last night. He told me that his disease had been brought under control, and there was no need for surgery.

汤姆昨晚和我聊天,他告诉我他的病已经得到控制,不需要做外科手术。

4)Her parents were worried sick when they knew that she had run off the highway.

听说她的车驶离了公路,她的父母担心的要命。

5)She looks very worried; I wonder what’s on her mind.

她满面愁容,不知有何心事。

6) He is a shy and silent boy. Before he went onto the stage to share his experiences, he sat quietly in a corner of the auditorium, gathering his thoughts

他是个害羞和安静的男孩,在走上讲台叙述自己的经历之前,他悄悄地坐在礼堂的一角整理者思绪。

7.After several years of working in a band, he has now gone back to being a solo musician, so his career has come full circle.

在乐队干了几年后,他又做回了独立音乐人,于是他的事业又回到了原点。

8.To his relief his son has turned into a capable businessman.

自己的儿子长成了一个能干的生意人,他总算放心了。

Unite four

1)Many teachers frowned on this practice

很多老师这种做法。

2)An old man glared at me when I was trying to cut across the lawn.

当我想从草地上穿过去的时候,有位老人在旁边怒视着我。

3)When I mentioned my father, she showed a smile of recognition on her face.

当我提到我的父亲时,她的脸上露出了认出我的笑容。

4)My older child was quite obedient, whereas my younger child was very stubborn.

I can still recall now how the younger child insisted on going abroad to study

after he finished his secondary school.

我的大孩子比较听话,而小的那个非常倔。我现在还常回想起小的孩子在中学毕业后是如何执意要出国读书的。

5)Countries in South East Asia sustained great losses when the tsunami struck the

area.

当海啸袭来时,许多东南亚国家遭受了巨大的损失。

6)Every time the mother tries to compare the younger brother with his elder brother,

the younger one will protest.

每当做母亲的拿弟弟跟哥哥做比较,弟弟就要抗议。

7)He found himself unable to fit in with his classmates when he first came to his

school.

当他初到这个新学校的时候,发现自己与其他同学格格不入,

8)The fury on her face terrified me. I dared not say no to her again.

她脸上气急败坏的表情实在把我吓坏了。我再也不敢说个不字。

9)No wonder you ended up in trouble. You never followed your parents’ advice.

怪不得你最后闯出祸来,原来你从来不听你父母的管教。

10)It took him two years to adapt to the new environment.

他花了整整两年的时间才慢慢适应了这个新环境。

Unite five

(1)William likes the girl a lot so he tries very hard to impress her and is optimistic

that he will win her heart.

威廉非常喜欢那个女孩子,所以他尽力讨好她,并且很有信心可以赢得她的心。

(2)He is very creative and has a good vision of the future ,but he likes to keep things

to himself.

他有创造性,对未来也有很好的判断力,可就是喜欢秘而不宣。

(3)They came from a poor village where people were shut off from modern

civilization.

他们来自一个贫穷的小山村,那里人们远离现代文明。

(4)We must work hard and make an effort to achieve the goals that we have set.

我们要努力工作,争取达到我们所定下的目标。

(5)We should learn to be content with all that we have and should not be too critical

about things around us.

我们应该满足于我们所拥有的一切,不该对周围的事情太吹毛求疵。

(6)They often represent our school in debating competitions; tonight we will throw a

party to celebrate their success.

他们经常代表学校参加辩论比赛;今晚我们将聚会庆祝他们的成功。

(7)Through reading, not only has he expanded his horizon, he has also learned to

keep improving his character.

通过读书他不仅开阔了视野,而且学会了不断地完善自己的人格。

(8)Two policemen sacrificed their lives in order to save that girl from the fire.

为把那个女孩从火中救出,两名警察牺牲了他们的生命。

(9) A stable relationship without conflicts between husband and wife benefits the

children in the family.

稳定的,无冲突的夫妻关系对家庭中的孩子有好处。

(10)D on't complain about your fate and make the best of your life.

不要抱怨命运,尽可能好地享受自己的生活

Unite six

1) 没有别的选择,你所能做的就是调整自身适应新环境。(alternative,

adjust)

There’s no other alternative, all you can do is to adjust yourself to the new environment.

2) 对绝大多数人而言,财富和名望对建立幸福感没多大促进作用。(contribute to, a sense of well-being)

For most people, wealth and fame does / do not contribute much to creating a sense of well-being.

3) 房子已经很长一段时间没有人住,家具上都有了一层厚厚的灰尘。(deserted, a layer of)

The house has been deserted for a long time and there is a thick layer of dust on the furniture.

4) 老师认为那男孩的行为并不是故意的,所以决定予以忽视,并给了他另一

次机会。(deliberate, ignore)

The teacher did not think the boy’s act was deliberate, so he chose to ignore it and gave him another chance.

5) 正是那件事让我对他的看法彻底改变了。(incident,in a … light)

It was that incident that made me see him in a completely different light.

6) 报告指出火灾是由于他的玩忽职守造成的。(due to, neglect)

The report points out that the fire was due to his neglect of duty.

7) 在公众场合吐痰是不礼貌的。我要你停止这种行为。(spit, put a stop to)

It is rude to spit in public. I want you to put a stop to such bad behavior.

8) 从根本上说,他的学习能力没有一点问题。问题的根源是他对语言学习没

有兴趣。(basically, be at the root of)

Basically, there is nothing wrong with his learning ability. What is at the root of the problem is his lack of interest in language learning.

Unite seven

1) Straighten up! Your feet should keep time to the rhythm of the music.

直起身来,脚要跟上音乐拍子。

2)If you are going to the movie this weekend, count me in. 如果周末你们要去看电影,把我也算上。

3) I had to go this without breakfast this morning as I was in a hurry.

我今天早上没吃早饭就走了,因为我得赶时间。

4) They have made a request for more electricity supplies, which we should satisfy in order to release them from the pressure they are under.

他们要求更多的电力供应,我们应该满足他们的需要,减轻他们的压力。

5) They made the rounds with the wine bottle; each took a gulp and then they set out for the forest.

他们将酒瓶传了一圈,每人喝了一口后,就向森林深处走去。

6) My TV set broke down and I immediately ordered a new one online and the shop is going to have it delivered to the door.

我的电视机坏了,我马上在网上订购了一台新的。商店会派人送货上门。

7)when he realized that would be no hope at all, the smile faded from his face.

当他意识到毫无希望时,微笑从脸上逐渐消失了。

8) we stared at him in disbelief, astonished that someone as gentle as he was could have interrupted us so rudely.

像他这么一个一向温文尔雅的人居然如此粗鲁地打断我们。我们都无法相信地看着他

Unit8

1这所学校关心学生的道德和社会责任的教育,多过于他们的学业成绩。

This school is more concerned with the education of studen ts’ morality and social responsibility than with their academic achievements.

2 技术学校的教育宗旨只是传递知识,而大学的宗旨是生产知识

in contrast to the educational mission of the technical school, which is to impart knowledge solely, the university’s educational mission is to generate knowledge.

3 在当今社会,大多数人渴望得到财富,名声,地位和权力

In today’s society, a majority of people hunger for wealth, reputation, status and power.

4 虽然很多人知道吸烟的危害,但是他们还是很难戒烟

Many people still find it difficult to give up smoking even though they know its harmful effects.

5学生们一旦进入大学,他们需要女里解决的问题之一就是如何处理自由和责任之间的关系

When students enter colleges or universities, one of the problems they need to grapple with is how to handle the relationship between freedom and responsibility.

6这些广告对那些渴望拥有白皙肤色的女性极具吸引力

These advertisements appeal particularly to those women who are thirty for a fair skin.

7许多老年人不喜欢摆弄电脑,因此有关人工智能的书籍往往让他们提不起兴趣Many elderly people are not interested in tinkering with computers, so books on artificial intelligence may very often turn them off.

8我们得出必然的的结论是,他偷了这笔钱

We reached the inevitable conclusion that he stole the money.

综合教程3_课后翻译答案

1、我不曾想到,随着时间的流逝,我果真以身为社工而自豪(count on;take pride in)What I didn’t count on was that over time I would sincerely take pride in being a social worker. 2、奶奶迅速瞥了一眼墙上的时钟,发出一声惊呼:天哪,我们要赶不上火车了(Shoot a look at;let out) Shooting a quick look at the clock on the wall, Grandma let out a cry, “Oh, My dear /My goodness/My gracious, we’re going to miss the train!” 3、我总在幼儿园门口看到一些孩子抓住父母不让走。请问:在这种情形下,年轻的父母们是否得对孩子严厉些,赶紧离开?(stern;hold on to sb) At the kindergarten entrance, I always see some kids/children holding firmly on to their parents. Should young parents be sterner towards their kids/children and leave immediately under these circumstances? 4、昏暗的路灯下站着一个哭泣的小女孩(dim;weep) In the dim street light stood a weeping little girl/ a girl weeping. 5、富人捐赠时要尽量考虑周全,不要让受赠者陷入难堪的境地(considerate;embarrassing) When making donations, rich people should be as considerate as possible in order not to put the recipient in an embarrassing situation. 6、从上个月起,我的工作就是围绕日常办公事务转,所以现在每天掰着手指算什么时候才到国庆节:我和朋友要去乡下远足呢!(revolve;count the days ) Since last month, my work has been revolving around the routine office duties, so now I am counting the days until the National Day comes, when my friends and I are going

硕士英语综合教程1课文翻译及课后答案

硕士英语综合教程1 (参考答案)硕士英语综合教程1 (参考答案) Unit 1 单选 (1) receiver (2) unfamiliar (3) extreme (4) worsen (5) unsteady (6) destruction (7) relieve (8) with the help of (9) death (10) in the future 完型 (1) embraced(2) sped up(3) running out(4) urgency(5) initiative (6) specific(7) designated(8) contribute(9) incorporate(10) hampering (11) reward(12) involved(13) adverse(14) adaptive(15) vulnerability (16) alternative(17) context(18) due to(19) compensation(20) scheduled 翻译 (1) Bending under the weight of the packs, sweating, they climbed steadily in the pine forest that covered the mountainside. (2) Concentrating on time passing, as we do when bored, will trigger brain activity which will make it seem as though the clock is ticking more slowly. (4) As social practice continues to develop, we should keep renewing our ideas and make innovations courageously in light of practical needs. (5) Bicycles are regarded as an economical alternative to buses whose fares have increased 3 times in the past few years. (6) The U.S. government has called on people to save water because the scarcity of water has become a source of global tension ecologically, economically and politically. (7) In order to be a recognized leader in the industry, it’s essential for a company to improve production quality and tap the overseas market through the help of state of the art technologies and equipment. Unit 2 单选 (1)reduce (2)noticeable (3)compensation (4)perfect (5)carry out (6)useless (7)strengthen (8)simplity (9)wealthy (10)cultivate 翻译 (1) Aliens in China shall abide by Chinese law and no behaviors will endanger the national security of China , harm its public interests or disturb its public order. (3) When learning any foreign language, one has to learn, first and foremost, its new phonological and grammar systems, which means acquiring a totally unfamiliar set of language learning habits. (4) Financial experts suggest that to the women under 30, the income of this phase in general is the lowest. (5) China will increase dialogue and co operation with the United States and the international community to crack down on all forms of terrorist activities. (6) Now it is time to make a well organized schedule from the list, so you need to put first and urgent things first and set the high priorities. (8) In addition, advertisers appeal to the desire for health and prestige, to the desire to be in style, to pride, and to envy and jealousy. 目前,在我国人均国内生产总值突破1000美元。一些国家和地区的发展历程表明,当一个国家的国内生产总值达到1000美元到3000美元时,这个国家的经济发展就进入了一个关键阶段。在这个阶段,都市化程度加快,收入差距继续加大,社会矛盾变得更加复杂。在国际范围内,不断增长的劳动力成本降低了劳动市场的竞争性。在这个阶段,如果应对合理,经济会平稳发展;否则,极有可能引发社会动荡,造成社会资源浪费,破坏生态环境,导致经济衰退。建设和谐社会的目的就是协调不同部门之间的关系,确保经济快速、可持

新世纪综合教程1课文翻译[完整版]

新世纪综合教程1(第二版)课文翻译 Unit 1 优等生的秘诀 1 一位研究教育的老师针对成绩优异的学生做过重点研究,发现最聪明的学生不见得总能得高分。根据这位教授、其他教育专家以及优等生们自己的观点,懂得如何充分发挥自己的潜能对于学生来说更为重要。 2 在班上名列前茅的学生之所以学习优秀,是因为他们掌握了几个人人都可以轻易学到的基本原则。首先,优等生知道如何决定轻重缓急。他们从来不会为了打电话、看电视或者吃零食而牺牲学习时间。换言之,学习总是摆在娱乐之前。另外,优等生们总是注意随时随地学习。有位成绩优异的学生同时也是优秀的运动员,每天利用户外训练时间背生物学术语。而另一位学生则利用每天早上刷牙时间记一个新单词。所有受访的学生无一例外都认为,在什么时间学习完全是个人偏好问题。有些人在夜深人静时学习效果最好,有些人则喜欢趁着自己还能清晰地记得上课所讲的内容,一放学回家就开始学习。尽管如此,所有优等生都一致认为,如果想任何时候都表现优秀,一个主要的因素就是要持之以恒。 3 学生还必须学会有条理。举个例子,有一位优等生在学校乐队、田径队、橄榄球协会和辩论小组里都很活跃。他透露,他之所以把东西放得井井有条是因为他浪费不起到处找东西的时间。还有一位学生喜欢把当天的笔记马上整理出来并放进用不同颜色标记的文件夹里,以便临近考试时能随时用来复习。优等生们提倡的另一个技巧是有效的阅读,其中包括快速阅读,提高记忆能力以及主动提出问题以便充分理解作者的意思。 4 对于学生们来说,合理安排时间也同样重要。他们必须懂得如何根据每天的时间表和学习能力来安排做作业和项目的速度,不至于让手头的工作压得喘不过气。能制定时间表不仅让学生能够腾出更多时间来复习和完善功课,而且还能防止他们拖拖拉拉。成绩优异的学生认为,他们成功的一大秘诀就是上课时做好笔记,供复习时使用。有个学生透露,她把从课文上摘抄的内容记在笔记本的一边,把课堂笔记写在另一边。这样,就可同时复习到两方面的内容。她还透露,她不会浪费下课铃响前的几分钟跟朋友交头接耳,准备随时冲出教室。相反,她会利用这几分钟用两三句话概括那节课的要点,然后在下次上课前浏览这些笔记,借以加深印象。 5 老师们提倡的致胜秘诀是尽力让自己的作业整洁。有位老师说,学生交上整洁作业就已向高分迈进了一步。在课堂上大胆发言和提问也同样重要,这或许是学生澄清疑问的最好办法。课堂参与还能反映一个学生的求知欲。有个学生概括得好,“好成绩来自透彻的理解”。 6 在一所世界顶级大学进行的一项实验证明了小组学习的价值所在。研究表明,学生们如果一起讨论家庭作业和问题,尝试不同的解决办法,并且互相解释各自的答案,分数就会比那些单独用功的学生要高。实验也证明了学生间互相进行模拟测试或自我测试的好处。这就是说,学生们根据笔记设计可能的试题,在考试前一天相互之间进行书面测试或自测。专家们证实,那些能设计模拟试题的学生,往往会在正式考题中发现很多相同的试题,自然能得高分了。

应用型大学英语综合教程课后翻译练

Unit 1 1. As she was about to walk into the elevator she noticed two men alreadyaboard. 她正要走进电梯时,看到电梯里已经有两位男乘客。 2.Her hesitation about joining them in the elevator was all too obvious now.Her face was flushed. 要不要进去和他们同乘一部电梯?她迟疑不决的态度已经太过明显了。她涨得满脸通红。 3. The one who said it had a little trouble getting the words out. He wastrying mightily to hold in a belly laugh. 说这话的人有点费力才把话说完,尽力忍住没有放声大笑。 4. How do youapologize to two perfectly respectable gentlemen for behaving as though they were going to rob you? 把两位绝对体面正派的绅士看作劫匪,如何请求他们的谅解? 5. The woman brushed herself off. She pulled herself together and wentdownstairs for dinner with her husband. 把两位绝对体面正派的绅士看作劫匪,如何请求他们的谅解? 1. Tom Long _____________________________ (向花园里的一草一木道别) as hewept tears. bid goodbye to everything in the garden 2. She was clear-headed (头脑清醒的) and ____________________________(从不出洋相). never made a spectacle of herself

全新版大学英语_综合教程1_课后翻译与答案

《全新版大学英语综合教程1 课后翻译及答案》Unit 1 Growing Up 为自己而写 ——拉塞尔·贝克 从孩提时代,我还住在贝尔维尔时,我的脑子里就断断续续地转着当作家的念头,但直等到我高中三年级,这一想法才有了实现的可能。在这之前,我对所有跟英文课沾边的事都感到腻味。我觉得英文语法枯燥难懂。我痛恨那些长而乏味的段落写作,老师读着受累,我写着痛苦。弗利格尔先生接我们的高三英文课时,我就准备着在这门最最单调乏味的课上再熬上沉闷的一年。弗利格尔先生在学生中以其说话干巴和激励学生无术而出名。据说他拘谨刻板,完全落后于时代。我看他有六七十岁了,古板之极。他戴着古板的毫无装饰的眼镜,微微卷曲的头发剪得笔齐,梳得纹丝不乱。他身穿古板的套装,领带端端正正地顶着白衬衣的领扣。他长着古板的尖下巴,古板的直鼻梁,说起话来一本正经,字斟句酌,彬彬有礼,活脱脱一个滑稽的老古董。 我作好准备,打算在弗利格尔先生的班上一无所获地混上一年,不少日子过去了,还真不出所料。后半学期我们学写随笔小品文。弗利格尔先生发下一张家庭作业纸,出了不少题目供我们选择。像"暑假二三事"那样傻乎乎的题目倒是一个也没有,但绝大多数一样乏味。我把作文题带回家,一直没写,直到要交作业的前一天晚上。我躺在沙发上,最终不得不面对这一讨厌的功课,便从笔记本里抽出作文题目单粗粗一看。我的目光落在"吃意大利细面条的艺术"这个题目上。

这个题目在我脑海里唤起了一连串不同寻常的图像。贝尔维尔之夜的清晰的回忆如潮水一般涌来,当时,我们大家一起围坐在晚餐桌旁——艾伦舅舅、我母亲、查理舅舅、多丽丝、哈尔舅舅——帕特舅妈晚饭做的是意大利细面条。那时意大利细面条还是很少听说的异国食品。多丽丝和我都还从来没吃过,在座的大人也是经验不足,没有一个吃起来得心应手的。艾伦舅舅家诙谐有趣的场景全都重现在我的脑海中,我回想起来,当晚我们笑作一团,争论着该如何地把面条从盘子上送到嘴里才算合乎礼仪。 突然我就想描述那一切,描述当时那种温馨美好的气氛,但我把它写下来仅仅是想自得其乐,而不是为弗利格尔先生而写。那是我想重新捕捉并珍藏在心中的一个时刻。我想重温那个夜晚的愉快。然而,照我希望的那样去写,就会违反我在学校里学的正式作文的种种法则,弗利格尔先生也肯定会打它一个不及格。没关系。等我为自己写好了之后,我可以再为弗利格尔先生写点什么别的东西。 等我写完时已是半夜时分,再没时间为弗利格尔先生写一篇循规蹈矩、像模像样的文章了。第二天上午,我别无选择,只好把我为自己而写的贝尔维尔晚餐的故事交了上去。两天后弗利格尔先生发还批改过的作文,他把别人的都发了,就是没有我的。我正准备着遵命一放学就去弗利格尔先生那儿挨训,却看见他从桌上拿起我的作文,敲了敲桌子让大家注意听。 "好了,孩子们,"他说。"我要给你们念一篇小品文。文章的题目是: 吃意大利细面条的艺术。"

综合教程课文翻译

U n i t 1 Something for stevie I try not to be biased, but I had my doubts about hiring Stevie. His placement counselor assured me that he would be a good, reliable busboy. But I had never had a mentally handicapped employee and wasn’t sure I wanted one. I wasn’t sure how my customers would react. Stevie was short, a little dumpy, with the smooth facial features and thick-tongued speech of Down’s syndrome. I wasn’t worried about most of my trucker customers. Truckers don’t generally care who buses tables as long as the food is good and the pies are homemade. The ones who concerned me were the mouthy college kids traveling to school; the yuppie snobs who secretly polish their silverware with their napkins for fear of catching some dreaded “truck-stop germ;”and the pairs of white-shirted businessmen on expense accounts who think every truck-stop waitress wants to be flirted with. I knew those people would be uncomfortable around Stevie, so I closely watched him for the first few weeks. I shouldn’t have worried. After the first week, Stevie had my staff wrapped around his little finger. Within a month my trucker regulars had adopted him as their official truck-stop mascot. After that I really didn’t care what the rest of the customers thought. He was a 21-year-old in blue jeans and Nikes, eager to laugh and eager

综合教程3课后答案详解

全新版大学英语综合教程3 课后答案UNIT 1 Vocabulary I. 1. 1) on balance 5) illustrated 9) involved 2) resist 6) budget 10) economic 3) haul 7) lowering 11) blasting 4) wicked 8) boundary 12) just about 2. 1)cut back/ down 2) pick up 3) get by 4) get through 5)face up to 6) turn in 7) making up for 8) think up 3. 1) pursued his mathematical studies and taught himself astronomy 2) often generate misleading thoughts 3) attach great importance to combining theory with practice in our work 4) be suspected of doing everything for money 5) before he gets through life 4. 1) their indoor, a profit, to invest in 2) device, the improvement, on a global scale 3) stacked, temptation, never dined out

II Confusable Words 1. 1) house 2) Home 3) home, family 4) household 2. 1) doubt 2) suspect 3) doubted 4) suspected 5) suspect III. Word Formation 1) rise 2) final 3) regular 4) cash 5) hows, whys 6) upped 7) yellowed 8) bottled 9) lower 10) search Comprehensive Exercises I. Cloze 1. Text-related 1) get by 2) temptation 3) get through 4) improvements 5) aside from 6) suspect 7) supplement 8) profit 9) stacking 2. (Theme-related) 1) replaced 2) consider 3) quit 4) world 5) tough 6) fuels 7) provide 8) luxuries 9) balance 10) ideal II. Translation 1. We have a problem with the computer system, but I think it’s fairly minor. 2. My father died when I was too young to live on my own. The people of my hometown took over (responsibility for) my upbringing at that point. 3. The toys have to meet strict/ tough safety requirements before they can be sold to children. 4. Radio and television have supplemented rather than replaced the newspaper as

(完整)全新版大学英语综合教程1课后翻译题答案解析

Unit 1 Growing Up Ⅱ. Translation 1.那是个正规宴会,我照妈妈对我讲的那样穿着礼服去了。(formal) As it was a formal dinner party, I wore formal dress, as Mother told me to. 2.他的女朋友劝他趁抽烟的坏习惯尚未根深蒂固之前把它改掉。(take hold) His girlfriend advised him to get out of/get rid of his bad habit of smoking before it took hold. 3.他们预料到下几个月电的需求量很大,决定增加生产。(anticipate) Anticipating that the demand for electricity will be high during the next few months, they have decided to increase its production. 4.据说比尔因一再违反公司的安全规章而被解雇。(violate) It is said that Bill has been fired for continually violating the company’s safety rules. / Bill is said to have been fired for continually violating the company’s safety rules. 5.据报道地方政府已采取适当措施避免严重缺水(water shortage)的可能性。 (avoid, severe) It is reported that the government has taken proper measures to avoid the possibility of a severe water shortage. /The local government is reported to have taken proper measures to avoid the possibility of a severe water shortage. 苏珊(Susan)因车祸失去了双腿。有一段时间,她真不知如何面对自己再也不能行走的事实。 一天,苏珊在浏览杂志时,被一个真实故事吸引住了。那个故事生动地描写了 一个残疾(disabled)姑娘是如何成为一位作家的。苏珊读后深受鼓舞,开始 相信她最终会成为一个有用的人生活下去。 Inspire vivid scan face up with finally Susan lost her legs because of / in a car accident. For a time, she didn’t know how to face up to the fact that she would never (be able to) walk again. One day, while scanning (through) some magazines, a true story caught her eye /she was attracted by a true story. It gave a vivid description of how a disabled girl became a writer. Greatly inspired, Susan began to feel that she, too, would finally be bale to lead a useful life. Unit 2 Friendship

综合教程3unit1 课后答案

Unit 1练习答案 Text comprehension IV. Explain in your own words the following sentences. (p7) 1.I planned to keep silent and act in such a way that nobody would notice that I was only a newcomer in college. 2.For three days, I had not been to the cafeteria due to my feeling of humiliation and shame. Instead, I stayed alone in my room and ate junk food of various kinds from a vending machine which was in just the right place to aid me in avoiding others. 3.It didn’t matter whether or not you were widely accepted or admired; you did not have to behave to the liking of everybody else. Vocabulary I.Explain the underlined part in each sentence in your own words. 1.I was feeling just a bit first-gradish:I had just the feeling of a newcomer at college without the strength a mature student might possess. 2.my airs of assurance: my apparent confidence 3. a little nourishment:some food to appease my hunger (as well as my anxiety) 4.running with the crowd was no longer a law of survival: going with the tide was no longer crucial to one’s success 5.massive mistakes: foolish and glaring mistakes II.Fill in the blank in each sentence with a word taken from the box in its appropriate form. 1.distress 2. clutched 3. pose 4. sneaked 5. preoccupation 6.shackles 7. curse 8. deliberation III.Fill in the blanks with the appropriate forms of the given words. 1.assure 2. discretion 3. relaxation 4. humiliate 5. strategy 6.embarrassment 7. maneuverable 8. immaturity IV.Fill in the blanks in each sentence with an appropriate phrasal verb or collocation taken from the text. 1.lived up to 2. headed for 3. seek out 4. has broken out 5.groped for 6. trying…on 7. go out to 8. tipped off V.Give a synonym or an antonym of the word underlined in each sentence in the sense it is used. 1.distinct: vague (indistinct) 2. discreetly: inconspicuously 3.reserve: self-restraint(self-control) 4. dumb: clever (intelligent, sensible) 5.demeanor:manner(behavior) 6. composed: excited 7. slink: sneak 8. na?ve: mature (sophisticated) VI.Explain the underlined phrasal verbs in your own words. 1.caught on: became popular 2. look up to: respect 3. persist in: keep up 4.result in: lead to 5. figure out: understand 6. hit upon: found

全新版大学英语综合教程课后翻译答案

1.该公司否认其捐款有商业目的。 2.The company denied that its donations had a commercial purpose. 3.每当她生气的时候,他说话就有一点结巴。 4.Whenever he was angry, he would begin to stammer slightly. 5.教育是我们家庭最看重的传统,这就是为什么我父母从不带我到昂贵的饭店吃饭,却送我到最 好的私立学校上学。 https://www.wendangku.net/doc/8512333139.html,cation is the most cherished tradition in our family. That’s why my parents never took me to dinner at expensive restaurants, but sent me to the best private school. 7. 8.another 9. 些由他自己造成的痛苦经历 20.I find it ironic that Tom has a selective memory --- he does not seem to remember painful experiences in the past, particularly those of his own doing. 21.背离传统需要极大勇气 22.It takes an enormous amount of courage to make a departure from the tradition. 23.汤姆过去很腼腆,但这次却非常勇敢能在大庭广众面前上台表演了 24.Tom used to be very shy, but this time he was bold enough to give a performance in front of a large audience. 25.很多教育家认为从小培养孩子的创新精神是可取的

大学英语综合教程1课后翻译

Unit 1 1.这个婴儿还不会爬,更不要说走了。 The baby can't even crawl yet,let alone walk! 2.威尔声称谋杀案发生时他正在与一群朋友吃饭,但是我认为他在说谎。 Will claimed he was dining with a group of friends at the time of the murder , but in my opinion he told a lie. 3.一定程度上阅读速度与阅读技巧密切相关;有了阅读技巧,你就可以更好地应对课外阅读了。 To a certain extent the speed of reading is colsely related to reading skills; and with reading skills you cam cope with outside calss reading better. 4.根据规则他俩都可以参加比赛。 Acccording to the regulation/rule, they both can play the game/participate in the game. 5.有些人想当然地认为日语中的没一个词在汉语中都有对应的词语。 Some people assume that there is a Chinese equivalent for every Japanese word. 6.我们已将所有的相关信息告知了警方。 We have passed all rlevant information on to the police. 7.关于那件事你问我再多的问题也没用,因为我是不会回答你的。 There is no use asking me any more questions about that matter because I won't answer. 8.事先没有仔细阅读合同就签了名是吉姆的错误。 It was a mistake on Jim's part to sign the contract without reading it carefully. 9.他们拒绝向我们提供所需要的全部信息。 They refused to provide us with all the information we need. 10.这起事故与三年前发生的一起事故极为相似。 This accident is very similar to the one that happened three years ago. 11.这部影片是根据莎士比亚的戏剧改编的。 The film is based on a play by Shakespeare. 12.如果你的英语和电脑技术都能掌握好,那么你在谋职时就一定比别人更有优势。 If you have a good command of English and computer skills, you will surely have an advantage over others in finding a job. Unit 2 1.很多老师不赞同这种做法。 Many teachers frowned on this practice. 2.当我想从草地上传过去的时候,有位老人在旁边怒视我。 An old man glared at me when I was trying to cut across the law. 3.当我提到我的父亲时,她的脸上露出了认出我的笑容。 When I mentioned my father, she showed a smile of recognition on her face. 4.我的大孩子比较听话,而小的那个非常倔。 我现在还常回想起小的孩子在中学毕业后是如何执意要出国读书的。

新世纪综合教程1课文翻译

Unit 1 p23-25 第2,3 题 I. Rules and regulations should be strictly followed;no one is supposed to compromise on safety standards. 2.She can' tblame others.She must pay for her self-induced bli ndn ess. 3. He steered the boat carefully between the rocks. 4. An exam iner must have some kno wledge in testi ng;otherwise he cannot frame his questions clearly. 5. His last remark demonstrated his lack of knowledge on this subject. 6. Finally the police had to employ force to break up the crowd. 7. He claims that the new teaching approach helps to promote students ' creative ability. 8. The teachers were most impressed by your performanee in the exam .Your scored 98 marks whereas most of your classmates failed. 9. Among all the workers in terviewed every one agreed that Martin had made an important contribution to the company ' s success. 10.1 know you did it deliberately ,just to annoy me. II. We should try our best to help those who are in financial difficulty and cannot pay their tuition fees on time. 12. The fast economic growth of our country has attracted the atte ntio n of many econo mists,who all thi nk that is a miracle.

综合教程3课后翻译答案12345911

Unit 1 1.听到她屡遭失败的消息,我感到很难过(distress) It distressed me a great deal to hear the news that he had suffered repeated failure. 2.他虽然失去了老板的欢心,但仍然装出一副高兴的样子(assume)He assured an air for cheerfulness, even though he lost favor with his boss. 3.格列佛(Gulliver)经历了冒险奇遇,见到了各色奇异的人物(assortment) Gulliver met with extraordinary adventures and saw a strange assortment of people. 4.如果你再犯同样的错误,他会很生你气的(furious) He will be furious with you if you repeat the same mistake. 5.我们都被他坦率的观点、幽默的语言和亲切的态度所深深吸引(draw) We were all greatly drawn by his frank views, humorous words and genial manner. 6.等到欢呼的掌声平息下来,那位诺贝尔奖获得者开始演讲(die down) After cheers and applause died down, the Nobel Prize Winner began his speech. 7.他天生有一种特别的洞察力和预见力,因此,他很少随大流(run

相关文档
相关文档 最新文档