1) Most of ______ geniuses are successful only because they have made extraordinary
A. what do we call
B. what we call
C. we call it
D. we call what
2) It’s the present situation in poor areas that _____ much higher spending on education and
A. answers for
B. provides for
C. calls for
D. comes for
3) She has the ability to keep _______ in an emergency.
4) ---Are you satisfied with her work, sir? ---Not at all. It couldn't be any _______.
5) At the meeting, the master suggested the teachers receive further education to
_______the latest development.
A. keep in touch with
B. get in touch with
C. call in
D. catch up with
6) Catherine was determined, hard-working and intelligent; ______, I couldn't speak ______
highly of her.
A. as a result; very
B. in a word; too
C. after all; much
D. anyhow; so
7) After the earthquake, the injured were cared ________ in the hospitals or taken by air to
the hospitals in the neighboring cities.
8) I think it's high time you made up your mind to choose a(n) ________.
9) ---It's a good idea. But who's going to _______ the plan?
--I think Tom and Greg will.
A. set aside
B. carry out
C. carry away
D. get through
10) --- It's cloudy outside. Please take an umbrella. --- __________.
A. OK, just in case
B. Well, it just depends
C. Yes, take it easy
D. All fight, just in case of
11) I don’t think he is a good writ er; he specially writes books to _____ to low tastes.
A．stick B．catch C. refer D．cater
12) _______ are kept on the farm for their meat or milk.
A. 200 head cattle
B. 200 head of cattle
C. 200 head cattles
D. 200 heads of cattle
13) According to the recent research, heavy coffee drinking and heart attack are not
necessarily ____ and effect．
A．reason B．caution C．fact D．cause
14) Jack has been admitted to Harvard University. His family will have a _______ tonight.
15) Tian’anmen Square is situated in the ________ of Beijing city.
16) Wait till you are more ________ . It's better to be sure than sorry.
17) He never tidies up his desk, so it is a ______ of books and newspapers.
- 1 -