一. Multiple choices:
1. Rather than _____ on a crowded bus, he always prefers ____ a bicycle.
A. ride; ride
B. riding; ride
C. ride; to ride
D. to ride; riding
2. Have you ever found two nouns _____ together this way?
B. to be used
D. being used
3. Every child needs someone to ____ and copy.
A. look on
B. look through C look out D. look up to
4. Class 3 is ______ Class 4 _____ football.
A. being against; on
B. playing against; at
C. going against; for
D. playing against; on
5. These photos called _____ my years in the school ten years ago.
6. I could recite many ______ by Chinese writers when I was in junior middle school.
7. In time of great danger, heroes seem always ______.
A. as cool as a cucumber
B. as merry as a lark
C. as mad as a door
D. as cold as a snake
8. The research is so designed that once ______ nothing can be done to change it.
B. having begun
9. Song Qingling was a(n) _______ woman who ever did much work for the progress of China.
10. Professor White has written some short stories, but he is _____ his plays. And his wife is famous _____ a good actress.
A. better known as; for
B. best known as; as
C. better known for; as
D. best known for; for
11.It remains whether Tom will be fit enough to play in the finals.
C.to be seen
12.Scientists are convinced the positive effect of laughter physical and mental health.
13.If he my advice,he would not have lost his job.
14.But for the help of my English teacher,I the first prize in the competition.A.would not win B.would win C.would have won D.would not have won
二. Cloze Test:
If your life feels like it is lacking the power（ 1 ）you want and the motivation that you need, sometimes all you have to do ( 2 ) your point of view.By training your thoughts ( 3 ) on the bright side of the things, you are more （ 4 ）to have the incentive( 动力) to follow through on your goals. You are ( 5 ) likely to be held back by negative ideas that might limit your performance.
Your life can be enhanced, and your happiness （ 6 ），when you choose to change your perspective. Don't ( 7 ) your future to chance, ( 8 ) wait for things to get better mysteriously （9 ）. You must go in the direction of your hopes and aspirations. Begin to build your confidence, and work through problems （10 ）