1. Mary regretted _____ to John’s birthday party last Sunday.
A. not going
B. not to go
C. not having been going
D. not to be going
2. The famous novel is said _____ into Chinese.
A. to have translated
B. to be translate
C. to have been translated
D. to translate
3. Standing on the bank, the children watched the ship _____ with all kinds of goods.
B. being loaded
C. to be loaded
D. having loaded
4. I _____ writing the article by the time you get back.
A. shall finish
B. must have finished
C. have finished
D. shall have finished
5. Mary never tells anyone what she does for a _____.
6. I’m sorry I couldn’t get in touch with him before he left, I _____ him earlier.
A. had a telephone
B. have phoned
C. should have phoned
D. should be phoned
7. With the old man _____ the way, we had no trouble in finding that mysterious cave.
D. to be led
8. _____ anything about the accident, he went to work as well.
A. Not know
B. Know not
C. Knowing not
D. Not knowing
9. Nowhere else in the world _____ more attractive scenery than in Switzerland.
A. you can find
B. is found
C. can you find
D. has been found
10. The voters told the politician that he could _____ on their support in the next general elections.
11. An old friend from abroad, _____ I was expecting to stay with, telephoned me from the airport.
12. Peter wishes that he _____ law instead of literature when he was in college.
A. could study
C. had studied
D. would study
13. When she heard the bad news, she _____ completely.
A. broke away
B. broke up
C. broke down
D. broke out
14. He _____ a large fortune from his business.
15. He never wrote to his father _____ he was in need of money.
B. except when
C. except for
D. except that
16. He looked behind him to _____ he was not being followed.
C. make sure
17. The car was repaired but not quite to my _____.
18. Are you _____ spending more money on the space program?
A. in favor of
B. by favor of
C. in favor to
D. out of favor
19. Fortunately, the demonstration _____ to be quite peaceful.
A. turned in
B. turned out
C. showed off
D. showed up
20. _____ was unimportant.
A. Whether he enjoyed our dinner or not
B. No matter how he enjoyed our dinner
C. If he enjoyed our dinner
D. What he enjoyed our dinner
21.It is _____interesting book. It gives _____wonderful picture of what _____ life was like in ____ Victorian times.
A. a; the; the; the B an; a; ╳; the
C. the; the; ╳; ╳
D. an, a, ╳,╳
22.Everybody should mind ____own business.
B. one’s C their D. theirs
23._____of March is my sister’s bir thday.
A. The twenty-one
B. Twenty- one
C. The twenty-first
D. Twenty –first
24. If the local government took some measures, there would be ____crimes in the town.
25. You’ll run ____trouble if you don’t take care. 21-45选题
A down B. at C. across D. into
26. Mary said she____ to Beijing twice.
A. had gone
C. had been D was
27. Must I attend the meeting? _____.
A. Yes, you need.
B. No, you needn’t.
C. Yes, you do.
D. No, you don’t.
28.Finally his boss found an excuse and had him ____from the factory.
C. to dismiss D dismissed
29. My bicycle needs ______.
C. to repair
D. being repaired.
30. People _____in this firm were mostly women..
A working B. worked C work D. being working
31. They requested that we ____a delegation to their country .
A would send B. were to send C. sent D. should send
32.English _____all over the world. And many children start to learn English at very young age.
A. is speaking
D. is spoken
33.If I _____ his telephone number I _____him.
A knew, call B. knew, would call C. have known, call D. knew, am calling
34.On seeing an old woman _____off. A young man rushed up to help her.
A. falling B fall C. ell D. felt
35. “My daughter ______in 1997,” she told her friend.
A. did marriage
B. got married
C. had married
36. But for the heavy rain, they _____earlier.
A will have come
B came C. would have come D. had come.
37. She has the ability to keep _____in an emergency.
C. to be calm
D. being calm
38.She ____ that they can mistake this for that.
A t hinks B. does think C. doesn’t think D. hasn’t thought
39.Sometimes we may ask ourselves _____the result will be if an earthquake strikes in our area.
40. We even have no idea ____will happen, so we all feel nervous.
A in which B. in what C. of what D. of which
41. John bought a new car on the day when ____him.
A did we meet B. have met C. we met D. we meet
42.How ____he plays the violin!
43.We decided against turning to others for help for the reason ____we could manage to control it.
B. for which
44.We left the mother a note ____she was worried when she came back..
B. so that
C. in case
45.Professor Black has us _____a composition every Friday.
A to write
B written C. wrote D. write
46. We want him to give it up but he won’t _____to it.
47. Summer is coming. Poor Jack has to _____money from his sister to buy an air-condition.
C. let D .ask
http://m.wendangku.net/doc/9f9778c25fbfc77da269b17a.htmlo Wu _____silent at the meeting.
A. was remaining
B. is remaining
D. had been remained.
49. Everyday, the old lady walks _____ Ren Min Theatre.
A pass B. past C. passing D. passed
50. _____the ancient Egyptians built the pyramids is not known..
A Which B. Since C. That D. How
51. _____I am pleased to go to his birthday party and I will bring him a very beautiful present..
A If invited B. If he were invited C. If he invited D. Being invited
52.---”Are you going to Xian by plane?”
----“If Helen wants to go there by plane, _____” 选题
A. so will I
B. so I will
C. so I do
D. so do I
53. You can’t see many ____ in a hospital. 开始
A. man nurse
B. men nurses
C. men nurse
D. man nurses
54. I prefer playing _______football in ______summer.
A. the; the
B. X; the
C. the; X
D. X; X
55. Lend me your motorcycle ; _______is out of order.
56. John smith________ a letter to his mother yesterday.
B. had wrote
C. was written
57. _______are nine.
A. Three threes
B. Three and three
C. Three three
D. Threes and threes
58. Tom is their _____son.
A. the 2th
C. the 2nd
59. They competed to see who could work _____.
A. the fastest and the best
B. the faster and better
C. fastest and better
D. faster and best
60. The box is ______than I wanted.
B. the biger
D. the bigger
61. ______, I finished it yesterday.
A. As a matter of fact
B. As the matter of fact
C. As the fact of matter
D. As a fact of matter
62. A monument was put up _________those killed in battle.
A. the honors
B. in honor of
C. for honor of
D. to honoring
63. The school bus________ with the students.
A. were crowded
B. was crowded
D. was crowding
64. He _________ not work hard. That was why he failed in the exam.
65. I saw your name______ up on the wall.
C. wrote D writing
66. Sometimes _____to place physics and chemistry into separate categories.
B. is difficult
C. it is difficult
D. that is difficult
67. Some birds migrate to the south when________.
A. Does winter come
B. comes winter
C. winter comes
D. winter will come
68. I_________ leave my office that day.
B. may not
69. They________ have told me about it yesterday.
A. oughted to
C. ought to
70. ______by his brother, the boy has a deep love for music.
A. Being influenced
D. Having influenced
71. The door was _____and I could not see who she was talking to.
D. being shut
72. Their house _____when they were away on holiday.结束
A. broken into
B. breaking into
C. is broken into
D. was broken into
73. Don't get into the bad ______ of smoking or drinking.
A) habit B) custom C) hobby D) profession
74. I like your methods of teaching and shall ________ them in my teaching.
A) absorb B) adopt C) acquire D) afford
75. Feeling tired all the time is a __ __ that you may be sick.
A) mark B) sight C) sign D) trace
76. I take this medicine twice a day; it should _____ my cold.
A) care B) cure C) restore D) recover
77. Music often ________ us of events in the past.
A) remembers B) memorizes C) reminds D) reflects
78. It is well-known that retired workers in our country are ___ __ free medical care. A) entitled to B) involved in C) associated with D) engaged in
79. The two boys ____ each other in that they both have reddish hair and a round face.
A) like B) resemble C) similar to D) refer to
80. There is not much time left, so I will tell you about it
A) in detail B) in brief C) in short D) in all