1."Can you speak French? " “Yes, but
________.”[C] C.not much D.only a few A.not many B.only little
2."I think it will be fine tomorrow." "Oh, I hope _______."[C] A.not B.it be C.so
3."It was cold yesterday." "_______ it was."[C] A.Nor B.Neither C.So
4."Town Hall is the tallest building in the city." "_______ from here?"[B] A.Can it see B.Can it be seen C.Can be seeing
5."What would you like to eat?" "I can eat _______."[C] A.something
6._____ V ery well, thank you. And you?[D]
A.Good night. D.How are you？
B.How do you do？
C.How do you like Chinese？
7._____? A little.[C] C.Do you speak German D.Would you mind speaking German A.Shall we speak German
B.What language do you speak
8.______ did he know what had happened during the two months when he was away.[B] D.Few C.A few B.Little
9.______ he was tired he went on working.[C] A.Even B.Yet
10.______ I'm twenty.[A] A.How old are you? B.How are you? C.How do you do? D.Are you twelve?
11.______ she seemed to find English very difficult, but later he made very good progress.[D] A.At the first D.At first
C.At the present
12.______ the War of Independence, the United States was an English colony.[A]
13.______ You too![A] D.It's very kind of you! A.Merry Christmas! B.What a beautiful day! C.Help yourself!
14.______, Tom? I fell off my bike and hurt me legs.[A] B.What's going on
C.What did you do
D.What have you done A.What's the matter
15.______? My hometown? Oh, it's a pretty nice place. [C] C.What's your hometown like B.Is it big A.What's the weather like D.Is the night life exciting 16._______ You too![A] B.What a beautiful day! C.Help yourself!
A.Merry Christmas! D.It's very kind of you!
17._______ Fine, thanks.[D] A.How do you do? B.Hello! C.Nice to meet you。
D.How are you? 18._______ he saw his mother in person
did he apologized.[C] A.Only B.Until
19._______ him go out if he wants to.[C]
D.Permit A.Allow B.Leave
20._______ I think you have given me the
wrong change. I'm sorry about that.[B]
B.Excuse me, A.Pardon, D.How are you,
21._______ I'd like to place an order
please.[A] A.Can I help you? B.I can help
you. C.What are you doing? D.Why are
22._______ is your girl friend like? She
is very kind and goodlooking.[B] A.How
23._______ No, thanks. I'm just looking
around. I'll let you know if I want
anything.[C] D.Do you like to look
around? C.Can I help you? A.Could
you help me? B.What will you buy?
24._______ these honours he received a
sum of money.[C] A.Except B.But
25._______! Welcome to the party. Merry
Christmas! It's very kind of you to invite
us.[B] C.Congratulations B.Merry
Christmas A.Happy birthday D.Have a
26._______, could you please tell me
where the school library is? Sure. It's at the
back of the campus, about five minutes'
walk from here. [A] C.That's right
B.Pardon me D.Thank you A.Excuse
27._______. Thank you.[A]
28._______? He is not very well.[C]
A.Who is he
B.What is he
C.How is he
D.Who he is
29._______? It's Friday.[A] D.What
time is it? C.What's the time? A.What
day is it? B.What's the date today?
30._______? He's a tall man with short
hair.[D] B.What does he like C.What is
he A.How is he D.What does he look
31._______? I'm from Mexico. [A]
C.What's your name
D.How far is it
A.Where are you from
B.How do you
32._______clever boy Billy is![A]
C.What B.How a
D.How A.What a
33._______fashion differs from country to
country may reflect the cultural differences
from one aspect.[B] A.What D.Which
34._______her and then try to copy what
she does.[D] A.Mind B.See C.Stare
35._______of them thinks that is a good
idea.[C] D.Someone C.None B.No
36._______people in the world are sending
information by email every day. [A]
A.Several million D.Many million
C.Several millions B.Many millions
37._______playing basketball here?
Sorry, we'll leave right away.[A] A.Would
you mind not C.Would you mind no
B.Would you don't mind D.Would you
38._______to have kept you waiting so
long. Oh, never mind. After all, you are
here.[C] B.It's a pleasure A.I am happy
D.I am welcome C.I am sorry
39._____today. Yes. It was even hotter
yesterday. [C] C.It's so hot B.It's so wet
A.It's so cold D.It's so windy
40._____you work, the more you can
harvest.[C] A.Hard C.The harder
B.Harder D.The hardest
41.______is important that you choose
clothes that suit your shape. [B] B.It
D.That A.There C.This
42.______is the temperature today?[A]
43.______the maths problem is difficult,
I'll try very hard to work it out.[A]
D.After A.Though B.When C.Before
44.______there any good news in today's
newspaper? [B] B.Is C.Have A.Are
45._____I put my coat here? Sorry, you
______. [D] B.Do; don't C.can; needn't
D.May; can't A.May; mustn't
46._____she was invited to the hall made
her very happy. [A] D.Because A.That
47._____you like some coffee?[C]
48.A _______ boy was the only survivor
in the plane crash.[B] B.twoyearold
A.two years old
49.A computer can only do _______you
have instructed it to do.[C] D.when
C.what B.after A.how
50.A large number of people ______
present at the meeting, which was out of our
expectation.[B] A.was B.were
51.A long time ago, I _______ in London
for three years.[C] D.have been living
52.A man should not be judged always
______what he says. [A] C.with A.by
53. A number of people _____at the street corner.[C] D.be A.am B.is C.are 54. A pair of spectacles ________ what I need at the moment.[A] A.is B.are C.has D.have 55. A pilot should be responsible ____ the safety of all the passengers on board.[C] D.with C.for B.at A.against 56. A police officer claimed he had attempted to ____ paying his fare.[A] D.neglect C.refuse A.avoid B.reject 57. A sudden noise of a fireengine made him___to the door.[C] D.to hurry A.hurrying B.hurried C.hurry 58. A: Must we finish the work right now? B: No, you _______. You can do it tomorrow.[A] B.shouldn't D.can't C.mustn't A.needn't 59. About , years ago, the sea was _______ meters below today's level.[B] C.about much B.only about A.about only D.much about 60. After walking hurriedly for half an hour, I wanted to drink _______.[A] B.cold something A.something cold D.something to be cold C.something with cold 61. All the evidence points to the fact ______ he is the murderer.[C] B.which A.who D.those C.that 62. Are the Williams here yet? ______ [D] A.No, they don't. B.Yes, he is. C.No, he is not. D.Yes, they are. 63. Are you and Bill from Canada? ______ [C] D.No, we don't. C.Yes, we are. A.Yes, they are. B.Yes, I am. 64. Are you feeling all right today? Not really. ______.[D] A.Oh, I see B.It doesn't matter C.You'd better be happy D.I am sorry to hear that 65. Are you feeling better today, Jack? _________[C] A.There must be something wrong. B.Just have a good rest. C.Yes, thank you, doctor. But I still don't feel good. D.Don't worry about me. 66. Are you fond of reading novels? _________[D] D.Yes. I like reading novels. C.Novels are bad. A.I found one novel. B.No, novels cannot read. 67. Are you going on holiday for a long time? _________[C] A.It was a long time. B.Two weeks ago. C.No. Only a couple of days. D.Not long time ago. 68. Are you going to fix the car yourself, or are you going to have it _______?[D] A.fixing D.fixed C.fix B.to fix 69. As a primary school teacher, one should be ______ with children. This is the first standard for being a good teacher.[A] C.negative B.positive D.peaceful A.patient 70. As it was going to rain, she was _______to leave as soon as possible.[B] D.nervous C.worried B.anxious A.hurried 71. As the bus came round the corner, it ran ______ a big tree by the roadside. [A] A.into B.on C.over D.up 72. As they can't afford to let the situation get worse, they will take some necessary _______.[D] C.directions D.steps B.sides A.decisions 73. At that time, she ______ on a journey with her friend.[B] A.is B.was C.has been D.is being 74. At the _______ of the police, those people ran off in all directions.[A] C.watch A.sight B.look D.view 75. B en, would you like to play football with us? ______, but I have to wash the dishes first. [D] D.I'd love to A.No, I can't B.I don't want to C.Yes, please 76. Both the kids and their parents ______ English, I think. I know it from their accent.[C] B.been C.are D.was A.is 77. Bread ______wheat.[A] C.is made up with D.is made in B.is made on A.is made of 78. Bring me the bill, please. _________[B] B.Please wait for a moment, sir. C.I'll hurry up. A.You are welcome. D.Be quick. 79. C an I ask you a few questions? _________[D] C.No, thanks. B.It's a good idea. D.Certainly. A.What do you do? 80. Can I borrow your digital camera for a couple of days? _______[C] B.Yes, go on. A.Yes, you may not borrow. C.Sure, here you are. Enjoy your journey. D.It doesn't matter. 81. Can I get you a cup of tea? ___________.[A] B.With pleasure C.You can, please A.That's very kind of you D.Thank you for the tea 82. Can I get you a drink? _______. But I have already got one.[A] D.With pleasure C.Yes, please B.No, you don't have to A.That's very nice of you 83. Can I have a look at your letter, please? ___________.[B] D.Yes, thank you C.I can't agree with you B.I'm afraid you can't A.Excuse me, you can't 84. Can I help you with the baggage? _______[B] C.Sorry, you can't. D.No, I don't need you. B.Thank you. A.No, no. I can help it myself. 85. Can I help you, sir? _________[B] D.Don't bother me! C.Well, leave me
alone. B.Yes. I'd like to withdraw some money. A.No, I don't need your help.
86. Can I help you? _____.[C] A.OK, I'll
take it B.That's good C.Yes, I'd like a sweater D.It's too dear
87. Can I speak to Mr. Tang, please?
_________ [C] C.Speaking. D.Are you John? B.I'm Wang. A.Who are you?
88. Can you come on Friday or Saturday?
I'm afraid ______day is possible.[D] D.neither C.any A.either B.some
89. Can you go to the concert with us this
evening ？ _____[B] B.I'd love to, but I'm busy tonight. A.No, I already have plans. C.No, I really don't like being with you. D.I'm ill, so I shouldn't go out. 90. Can you help clean the window? ________. [C] A.I'd like that B.Sure, go ahead C.Sorry, but I have to meet my uncle D.It's none of my business 91. Can you help me? _________[B] A.No, I don't know. B.Sure. What is it? C.Don't mention it. D.That's it. 92. Charlie thinks money will ______ all his problems.[B] D.perform B.solve C.force A.score 93. China is _______the Great Wall. [C] C.famous for D.famous as B.famous A.on 94. China is a wonderful place and there is _______ to see and enjoy.[C] D.many more B.many C.much A.a lot of 95. Chinese is spoken by the _____number of people in the world.[C] A.smallest B.most http://m.wendangku.net/doc/abc0e264f111f18583d05ac8.htmlrgest D.wide 96. Come and see me if you have time. _________[D] A.I can't. B.I'll think it over. C.Thank you. D.I will. 97. Compared with last year, the output of the factory this year has increased ____ %.[D] A.with B.at C.for D.by 98. Congratulations! _.[D] B.Don't mention it A.Glad to hear that C.The same to you D.Thank you 99. Congratulations! You won the first prize in the English speech contest. _______[C] C.Thank you. D.It's a pleasure. B.No, no, I didn't do it well. A.Yes, I beat the others. 100. Congratulations! You won the first prize in today's speech contest. _____[C] A.Yes, I beat the others. B.No, no, I didn't do it well. C.Thank you. D.It's a pleasure. 101. Congratulations! You won the first prize in today's speech contest. ________[C] D.It's a pleasure. C.Thank
you. B.No, no, I didn't do it well. A.Yes, I beat the others. 102. Could I ask you a rather personal question? Of course, _____.[D] D.go ahead C.never mind B.that's right A.good idea 103. Could I borrow your car for a few days? ________ [C] A.Yes, you may borrow. D.It doesn't matter. C.Sure, here is the key. Enjoy your journey. B.Yes, go on. 104. Could I borrow your car for a few days ？ _____[C] B.Yes, go on. C.Sure, here your are. Enjoy your journey. A.Yes, you may borrow. D.It doesn't matter.
105. Could I get you something to drink? _______. I'm thirsty.[A] D.Here you are C.You are welcome A.Yes, please B.No, thanks 106. Could I speak to Don Watkins , please ？ _____[C] A.I'm listening. B.Oh, how are you ？ C.Speaking, please. D.I'm Don. 107. Could I speak to Don Watkins, please ？ ________ [A] C.I'm listening. B.Oh, how are you ？ A.Speaking, please. D.I'm Don. 108. Could I use your bike for a moment? _____[C] B.It doesn't matter. A.It's well. D.I have no idea. C.By all means. 109. Could you buy some salt on your way home? _______[A] A.All right. B.Is that all? C.Just a few. D.Let me see. 110. Could you finish the task in two days? 一_______．I have something else to do these days ． [D] B.Yes ．I think so C.I'm afraid so D.I'm afraid not A.I could not 111. Could you give me a helping hand? _________ I want to clean my garage.[B] D.Which one? A.How's that. B.Sure. What can I do for you? C.Not at all. 112. －Could you help me put up the signs on the wall? －_______. [A] D.That's a good idea C.That's all right A.No problem B.I hope so 113. Could you help me with English? _____[D] B.No, I couldn't. C.No, I can't. A.No, no way. D.Sorry I can't. I have an appointment right now. 114. Could you help me with my physics, please ？ ________[D] A.No, no way. C.No, I can't. D.Sorry I can't. I have to go to a meeting right now. B.No, I couldn't. 115. Could you help me with my physics, please ？ _____[D] B.No, I couldn't. C.No, I can't. D.Sorry I can't. I have to go to a meeting right now. A.No, no way. 116. Could you pass me the salt and pepper? _______.[B] B.Ok, here you are. A.Sorry, I didn't know what you mean. D.I don't know. C.No, I won't. 117. Could you say it again, please? __.[A] B.That's nothing C.Yes, you are welcome D.Yes, I am glad about it A.Certainly 118. Could you show me your passport? ______ [B] A.Yes, I could. D.I don't want to. B.Sure. C.I haven't got it with me. 119. Could you speak more loudly? ___.[B] A.It's a good line B.The line is
bad C.I can hear you D.You can't hear me 120. Could you tell us _______her aunt will stay here?[C] B.what A.that C.how long D.where
121. D avid injured his leg playing football yesterday. Really? _______[C] C.How did that happen? B.What's wrong with him? D.Why was he so careless?
A.Who did that? 122. Did you notice the guy ______ head looked like a big potato?[C] A.who
D.whom 123. Did you win the metre race? Yes, I did. Really? _________.[A] D.Right A.Congratulations C.Good luck B.Best wishes 124. Do you commute to work? No, I work at home. _________[B] B.How about you? C.You do not work. A.You work? D.You work by train. 125. Do you feel like going jogging with me? _________[D] D.I'd love to. A.I want to. C.Let's enjoy it. B.It doesn't matter. 126. Do you have an account with us? Yes, _________[D] C.what do you mean? A.please. B.the account is wrong. D.the account number is . 127. Do you have any fresh fish today? ______ [C] D.Yes, I have many. A.No, I still have a few. B.No, I still have a little. C.Yes, I have some. 128. Do you have any plan this year? _________[B] D.I'm certainly not going to do that kind of thing. B.I plan to go to the United States for further studies.
C.Yes, I will. A.How about you? 129. Do you know ________ in English?[B]
A.how say it
B.how to say it
saying it D.how to saying it
130. Do you know ______at the bus stop? [A] B.who they are waiting D.who are they waiting A.whom they are waiting for C.whom are they waiting for
131. Do you know if Mrs. Brown is still living in London? ______ [A] D.Yes, he is. A.Yes, she is. B.Yes, it is. C.Yes, they are.
132. Do you know the girl over there? _________[C] D.She is a good girl. C.It's Sam, my teacher's daughter.
A.How can I know?
B.Yes, I remember it
133. Do you like an apple or a banana? ___________.[D] D.Either will do
B.You are so nice
C.I want oranges A.Thank you
134. Do you like country music? __.[C]
A.Yes, I like basketball a lot
B.It's far too crowded
C.Yes, I'm crazy about it
it's funny 135. Do you mind my smoking here? _______ [B] C.Yes. I'd rather not. B.Yes,
I do. D.Good idea. A.No, thanks. 136. Do you often wait for a long time ______the bus stop? [C] D.under C.at B.on A.in 137. Do you prefer tea or coffee? _________[C] C.Coffee, please. D.None. B.Yes, I like tea. http://m.wendangku.net/doc/abc0e264f111f18583d05ac8.htmlk. 138. Do you regret paying five hundred dollars for the painting? No, I'd gladly have paid __________for it.[A] D.so many twice C.as much twice A.twice as much B.two time as many 139. Do you think I could borrow your dictionary? ___________.[D] D.Yes, help yourself C.Yes, go on B.Yes, you could A.Yes, you may borrow 140. Do you think this is a nice place? _________[D] A.That's all right. B.You're well. C.No, it's not here. D.Yes, I think so. 141. Do you want to wait? Five days ________ too long for me to wait.[C] A.was B.were C.is D.are 142. Does that tea have enough sugar in it? ______ [B] D.Yes, I do. I like it. A.Yes, it is. Thank you. C.Yes, I will.
Thank you. B.Yes, it does. Thank you. 143. Don't ________ your study. We are
going to help you. [D] B.be afraid D.worry about C.be worried A.worry 144. Don't forget ______ your umbrella with you. It might rain in the evening.[C] B.taken D.to be taking C.to take A.taking 145. Don't forget ________ the window before leaving the room.[B] A.to have closed B.to close C.having closed D.closing
146. Don't push, let's get on the bus_____.
[B] A.on turn B.in turn C.by turns D.turn by turn 147. Don't take too long at the coffee shop. It's :. ______.[B] A.I'll think it over C.That's very kind of you D.I'm afraid so
B.I See. We have minutes left
148.Don't watch TV too much on Sundays. ________.[C] B.No, I will C.No, I
won't A.Yes, I won't D.Yes, I do
149.Don't worry. I'll leave the message on his desk. _.[D] B.That's all right
C.Thank goodness A.It doesn't matter
D.It's kind of you
150.E ggs, though rich in nourishments, have ______ of fat.[C] A.a large number B.the large number C.a large amount D.the large amount
151.Either the shirts or the sweater ______ a good buy.[A] D.was C.are B.has A.is
152.Either you or the headmaster
_______the prizes to those gifted students at the meeting.[A] B.are to hand out
C.are handing out A.is handing out
D.is to hand out
153.Every morning Mr. Smith takes a
______to his office. [D] D.minute walk B. minute's walk C.minutes walk A. minutes' walk
154.Every society has its own peculiar customs and ______of acting. [C] C.ways B.behavior A.attitudes D.means
155.Everyone of them _______ tired and wanted a good rest.[D] A.seems B.is seemed C.was seemed D.seemed 156.Excuse me for breaking in, _______I have some news for you.[C] D.yet C.but B.and A.so
157.Excuse me, but can you tell me the way to the post office？_____[B] C.No, I can't say that. D.No, you're driving too fast. B.Sorry, I'm a stranger here.
A.Don't ask that.
158.Excuse me, can I smoke here？
_________.[C] D.I'm sorry, you can
C.You'd better not 159.Excuse me, can you tell me the way to the bus stop? _________[A]
D.No, I can't tell you that. B.Why do you ask me the way? C.Yes, I will. A.Yes, go straight down this way to the end.
160.Excuse me, could you help to find my son? _______[A] B.Why? C.No, I can't. D.Where is he? A.Certainly. 161.Excuse me, could you show me the way to the nearest post office?
__________ Oh yes! Two blocks away from here at the Green Avenue. You can't miss it. [D] C.You're welcome. A.I beg your pardon? D.Mm, let me think.
B.What do you mean?
162.Excuse me, could you tell me how to get to the post office? _.[D] B.I don't know A.You can't miss it C.No, I can't D.Sorry, but I am a stranger here myself
163.Excuse me, could you tell me the time?
_________[B] A.You'd better buy a watch.
B.It's three thirty by my watch.
C.Can you see the clock?
164.Excuse me, could you tell me the way
to the British Museum? Sorry, I 'm a
stranger here. __________.[A] D.No
problem C.Never mind A.Thanks,
anyway B.It doesn't matter
165.Excuse me, how much is the jacket?
It's Yuan. [D] C.Which do you prefer?
A.Oh, no. That's OK!
B.How do you like
it? D.Would you like to try it on?
166.Excuse me, I'm afraid you've
overcharged me. ―____ [A] A.Oh, really?
B.That's all right.
167.Excuse me, is there any grocery store
around here? Yes, _________on Pine street.
It's not far from here. [B] C.you'll catch it
B.there is one A.you like it D.it's warm
168.Excuse me. I don't want to interrupt
you but_______ [A] A.can I help you？
B.certainly, how dare you?
C.it's quite all
right. D.yes, you did.
169.F armers use water in many ways.
________, they use water to grow crops.[B]
D.Because of this
170.Father made his son ________ by the
door. [D] B.stood C.standing D.stand
171.Few students failed in the exam at the
end of last term, _______?[D] C.don't
they B.didn't they A.do they D.did
172.Fish can't live ______ water.[B]
173.Fiveyearold children are too young to
go to school, ________? [A] A.are they
174.For some years after his graduation, he
_______ some of his classmates, but as
times went by, he dropped them one by
one.[B] A.caught up with D.made
up with B.kept in touch with
175.Fortunately, Jack was only slightly
injured in the traffic ____.[D] A.incident
176.G ood afternoon. Can I help you?
_________[C] A.No. I don't think so.
C.I need to buy a birthday
present for my son. D.Yes. I think so
177.Good evening, Professor Hardy. Good
evening, John. Come in, please. Thank you,
I hope I am not interrupting you. No, .[B]
C.thanks A.thank you B.not at all
D.let it alone
178.Good morning! I'd like to send this
letter to the United States. . You have to pay
dollars more for it. [B] A.It's too
expensive B.It's overweight D.It's well
done C.It's too far away
179.Good morning, John . How are you
doing? _________[C] A.I'm pleased.
C.Not so bad. And you?
D.How do you do?
180.Good morning. Have you got a single
room with a bathroom, please?
_________[D] D.Yes, we have. A.I
don't know. B.I'd rather not say. C.Well,
181.Goodbye for now. _________[C]
A.The same to you.
you. D.Long time no see.
182.Great party, isn't it? _________[A]
B.My friends are great.
C.Have we met before?
D.Glad to meet
183.H ad you come five minutes earlier,
you ______ the train to Birmingham. But
now you missed it. [B] D.should catch
C.could catch A.would catch B.would
184.Happy birthday to you! ___[D]
D.Thank you． A.Happy birthday to you!
B.I am very glad．
C.That's all right．
185.Happy birthday to you! ______![D]
B.I'm very glad
C.That's all right
D.Thank you A.Happy birthday to you
186.Happy New Year to you and your
parents! ____.[D] A.No,thank you
B.You are happy, too
C.Yes, we are happy
D.The same to you
187.Happy Teachers' Day to you, Mr Wang!
_________.[A] D.The same to you
C.Me, too B.All the same A.Thank you
188.Has Alice had an accident? .[C]
D.She didn't say to A.I don't hope so B.I
hope no C.I hope not
189.Have a cup of tea, ____? Thanks a
lot.[D] A.don't you B.haven't you
190.Have a good day! ___________.[B]
B.The same to you A.You got it too
C.Yes, thank you
D.The same as you
191.Have a nice holiday! _________[D]
A.You have it too.
B.You do too.
C.The same as you.
D.The same to you.
192.Have you got _____Email address?
Yes, mine is Li Ping @ http://m.wendangku.net/doc/abc0e264f111f18583d05ac8.html.[B]
193.Have you installed the new software?
_________[C] A.Installed. B.Uninstalled.
C.No, not yet.
D.Yes, not yet.
194.Haven't seen you for ages! What are you busy with now? _[D] C.Yeah, thanks for coming. B.My hair is getting a bit longer. D.I am working part time in a bookshop, you know. A.I hate the weather here.
195.He ______ a sum of money every month to help the two orphans.[A] C.sets along B.sets up A.sets aside D.sets in
196.He ______ to me last week.[C] A.is writing B.writes C.wrote D.is written 197.He _______ driving me home, even though I told him I lived nearby.[A]
198.He _______ lives in the house where he was born.[C] A.already B.yet C.still D.ever
199.He ________ me do the work.[B]
D.cares 200.He _______less time reading stories about film stars than before.[B] C.costs D.pays A.takes B.spends
201.He asked _________we need some more rice.[C] A.what B.weather
202.He couldn't buy the dictionary because he had ________money with him.[D] C.a little B.few A.a few D.little
203.He didn't go to bed ________ the TV play was over. [C] D.that A.if
204.He has smoked for so many years that he can ______ give it up.[D] C.exactly B.mostly A.directly D.hardly
205.He is an old friend of ________. [B] D.myself C.me B.mine A.my
206.He is interested ______football, but not good at it. [B] A.at B.in C.on
207.He is not a child ________.[D] A.no more B.no longer C.any much D.any more
208.He likes to swim _______.[A] B.and playing football C.but play football
D.and he also likes playing football
A.and to play football
209.He looked quite healthy though he was ______.[B] A.in seventy B.in his seventies C.at seventies D.age of seventy
210.He plays bowling much than he did three years ago.[D] B.well
211.He put forward a theory, _______ of great importance to the progress of science of technology.[B] A.I think which is
B.which I think is
C.which is I think
D.I think it is
212.He ran _________ the direction of the
school.[C] A.at B.for C.in D.on
213.He spoke so quickly that I didn't
______what he said.[D] D.catch
214.He succeeded ______ out a lot of
things entirely new in the world.[A] A.in
working B.to work C.working D.at
215.He teaches physics in a school. [C]
B.Who is your father?
C.What is your
father? D.Where is your father now?
A.What does your father want to do?
216.He told me ________ bring you
anything. [A] D.don't C.not A.not to
217.Helen was seriously injured in a car
______.[B] D.matter C.event
218.－Hello! Are you John Smith? －
_____ [A] B.I do. C.I'm fine. A.Yes, I
am. D.Oh, good.
219.Hello! Is that Mr Wang speaking?
_________[A] A.Yes. This is Mr Wang
speaking. D.No, I can't speak. C.Sorry,
you'd better ask Mr Wang. B.Yes. Can I
speak to Mr Wang?
220.Hello, Amy. How's everything?
_________[A] A.Just soso. B.That's
right. C.How are you? D.Good to see
221.Hello, could I speak to Mike please?
_________[B] A.Who are you?
B.Who is speaking?
222.Hello, could I speak to Miss Fang,
please? ______I'll get her for you.[A]
D.She is at work. A.Hold on, please.
C.Who are you? B.I'm Miss Fang.
223.Hello, how are you? ______ [C]
D.That's OK. B.How do you do?
A.Hello, how are you? C.Fine, thank you.
224.Hello, I'd like to speak to Jack, please.
_______[B] C.It's me here. A.Yes, I'm
Jack. D.This is me. B.This is Jack
225.Hello, I'd like to speak to John, please.
_____[B] D.This is him. A.No, I'm
Mary. B.This is Mary speaking. C.It's
226.Hello, I'd like to speak to Mark, please.
_________[B] A.Yes, I'm Mark.
B.This is Mark speaking. D.This is me.
C.It's me here.
227.Hello, I'm David Chen. Nice to meet
you. _______[B] C.Yes. B.Nice to
meet you too. A.Are you? D.Very
228.Hello, I'm Harry Potter. Hello, my
name is Charles Green, but ______. [C]
A.call my Charles
B.call me at Charles
D.call Charles me C.call me Charles
229.Hello, is Tom in? －[A] A.Who's
speaking, please? B.How's everything
going? C.Who's this? D.Hold on, please.
230.Hello, Kate. How was your birthday?
__________. What about you?[C]
B.Happily, in London
C.It's great, thanks
A.V ery well, thank you D.I'm pleasure
231.Hello, may I have an appointment with
the headmaster? ___.[C] B.No, you can't
A.Sorry, I don't know you C.Certainly.
Wait a minute, please D.Let me see
232.Hello, may I speak to Liu Mei?
___________.[D] D.This is Liu Mei
speaking C.My name is Liu Mei B.Liu
Mei is me A.I'm Liu Mei
233.Hello, may I speak to Mike?
_________[C] B.Who are you? D.Can I
take a message for him? C.Just a second,
please. A.You are wanted on the
234.Hello, may I speak to Mike?
__________[B] A.Who are you?
B.Sorry, he isn't in.
C.Thank you very
much. D.Yes, here you are.
235.Hello, may I speak to Mr. Clinton?
_________[C] C.This is Clinton speaking.
D.Yes, who are you? B.Thank you for
calling me. A.Yes, I am Clinton.
236.Hello, may I speak to Zhao Hua?
__________.[C] B.I'm Zhao Hua C.This
is Zhao Hua speaking D.Zhao Hua is me
A.My name is Zhao Hua
237.Hello, may I talk to the director now?
_________[A] B.No, you can't. C.Sorry,
you can't. D.I don't know. A.Sorry, he is
busy at the moment.
238.Hello, may I talk to the director now？
_____[A] B.No, you can't. D.I don't
know. C.Sorry, you can't. A.Sorry, he is
busy at the moment.
239.Hello, Peter. What do you do?
_________[C] A.I am fine. B.I am not
sick. C.I am a student from Bonn
University. D.I came from Bonn
240.Hello, Shirlly, haven't seen you for
ages, You look fine. ___________. You
look well too.[B] C.Not at all A.Great
B.Thanks D.Oh, no, just so so
241.Hello. Is Jim there? _________[A]
B.I'm afraid I won't be free.
C.This is the
right number. A.This is Jim. Who's
speaking, please? D.There's no hurry.
242. Hello. Is that Mr.White or Mr.Smith speaking? Sorry, ____[D] B.don't ask me. C.I don't know. A.who are you? D.would you please ring them up this afternoon? 243. Hello. May speak to Jim, please? _________.[C] A.Who are you B.Who is he C.Who's that D.Who is it 244. Help yourself to some fish! _.[B] D.Yes. I will do C.The fish smells bad A.You are very kind B.Thank you 245. Here's my card. Let's keep in _______.[A] B.relation D.friendship A.touch C.connection 246. Hey, Linda. You look so pale. What's the matter? _________[C] A.Thank you. B.Are you OK? C.I'm just getting over the flu. D.I'm feeling well. 247. Hey, Tom, what's up? __________[B] D.You are lucky. A.Yes, definitely! B. Oh, not much. C.What is happening in your life? 248. Hi! George. How are you? ― _____ [D] C.How are you? B.Don't mention it. D.Fine, thanks. And you? A.That's all right. 249. Hi! Jim. This is my brother Peter. _________[C] D.You are very kind. C.Nice to meet you. A.How are you? B.Fine, thank you. 250. Hi, Celia! _________to the United States? It was wonderful. I really enjoyed it.[B] D.How often did you travel C.Who went A.What was your idea B.How was your trip
251. Hi, haven't seen you for ages! You look fine. _______. You look well, too. [B] C.Oh, no B.Thanks A.Great D.Not at all 252. Hi, I'm glad to see you. .[B] D.I'm glad to hear that B.Me, too C.My name is Mary A.Thank you
253. Hi, I'm Liz. _________[A] C.Fine, and you? D.How do you do? B.What do people call you? A.Hi, nice to see you. 254. Hi, is Mary there, please? _____[A] A.Hold on. I'll get her. B.No, she isn't here. C.Yes, she lives here. D.Yes, what do you want? 255. Hi, is Mary there, please? _____[A] C.Yes, she lives here. A.Hold on. I'll get her. D.Yes, what do you want ？ B.No, she isn't here. 256. Hi, Tom, how's everything with you? ___________ , and how are you?[B]
A.Don't mention it
B.Hm, not too bad
257. Hi, welcome back! Have a nice trip? . [A] C.By the way, I don't like Saturdays http://m.wendangku.net/doc/abc0e264f111f18583d05ac8.htmle on, I've got lots of fun D.Well, I'll look forward to your phone call A.Oh, fantastic! Fresh air, and sunshine every day 258. His example _______ that everyone can become a useful person in society so long as he is willing to work hard.[C] C.indicates D.supplies A.expresses B.thinks 259. His salary as a driver is much higher than ________.[D] A.a porter B.is a porter C.as a porter D.that of a porter 260. His words are ________ but the meaning is deep.[A] A.few B.a few C.little D.a little 261. How ______ you say that you really understand the whole story if you have covered only part of the article?[A] A.can B.must C.need D.may 262. How about going fishing? , I have no patience for that.[B] B.Sorry C.Pardon D.Apologize A.Excuse me 263. How about going to dinner at the Mexican restaurant tonight? [C] B.Sorry, I like Mexican food. D.Glad you like it. A.Forget it. C.That's great! 264. How are you going on with your English? _________[C] A.I am very well. B.I am going to the library. C.I am going to take College English Test Band Four. D.That's a good question. 265. How are you today? ___________, thank you.[A] A.Fine D.Great B.Good C.Nice 266. How are you, Bob? _______[B] D.Nice to meet you. C.How do you do? B.I'm fine. Thank you. A.How are you? 267. How are you? You look nice! .[B] A.Thanks, so are you B.Thanks, so do you D.Yes, you are too C.Yes, I do 268. How are your parents? __________.[C] D.He is well, thanks C.They are both fine, thanks B.She is well, thanks A.I'm OK, thanks 269. How can he _____ if he is not _____?[B] D.be hearing; listened to A.listen; hearing B.hear; listening C.be listening; heard 270. How can he be __stupid?[B] C.such D.enough B.that A.much 271. How can I get to the nearest post office? ___[B] A.It is a long way from here. C.Why don't you walk? B.Sorry, I am new here. D.Here it is. 272. How clever your little son is!
________.[C] D.You are not true A.I don't think so C.Thank you B.In fact he isn't 273. How did Mr. Jones get to the cinema? _________[C] A.At o'clock. B.To Mrs. Jones. C.By car. D.To the Grand Theater.
274. How do I get to the cinema?
_________[D] A.It's very far. B.Yes, there
is a cinema near here. C.It's well known. D.Go down this street and turn left.
275. How do you do? _________[B] A.Fine, thank you. B.How do you do? C.Not too bad. D.Very well.
276. How do you do? _________[B]
A.V ery well.
B.How do you do?
doctor. D.Nice to have known you. 277. How do you do? －_____ [D] A.How are you? B.Good afternoon. C.I'm fine. D.How do you do? 278. How do you do? Glad to meet you. _________[B] D.Nice. How are you? C.How are you? Thank you! B.How do you do? Glad to meet you, too. A.Fine. How are you? 279. How do you like the story? .[D] D.It's very interesting B.I like it very much A.I'd like to read it C.fine, thank you 280. How good the news is for you! __.[C] D.It's nice to hear from you C.It's kind of you to say so B.I'm glad to see that A.You are kind to tell me 281. How is everything? ______[D] D.Just soso. C.It doesn't matter. B.It was nothing. A.Not at all. 282. How is he getting along with his work? Oh, he is on the ______ to becoming the most highly paid man in the company.[A] A.way B.road D.route C.path 283. How is it that you are late for class again? ____.[A] C.Yes, it is quite wrong D.It is far from school B.By bus and then on foot A.Because I missed the bus
284. How is Mr Brown? __.[C] D.He is in an expensive car A.He is tall and beautiful C.He is fine B.He is very strict with us
285. How is your father today? __________, thanks.[C] D.He's Brown A.He is over forty B.He's a doctor C.He's much better 286. How is your mother these days? Oh, _.[B] B.She is not very well C.Never mind A.She is good D.That's all right
287. How long _____you _____the library book? For three days.[B] D.were; kept C.did; borrow A.have; borrowed B.have; kept 288. How long have you worked here? _________[C] C.For about two years. B.I do not know. A.Since about two years. D.Who knows.
289. How many languages does Peter speak? _________[C] A.Many languages.
D.With his roommates. 290. How many students ________in your class?[A] C.there are D.there is B.is there A.are there 291. How many students do you teach? _________[C] A.Quite a bit. B.More boys than girls. C.About . D.Three mornings. 292. How many students went to the hockey game? ______ [D] B.They seldom go to the hockey game. A.None of them go to the hockey game. D.All of them went to the hockey game. C.They usually went to the hockey game. 293. How much did you _____all these things? More than forty dollars.[D] B.cost C.give D.pay for A.spend 294. How much is that meat, please? _________[B] B.Ten yuan a kilo. C.I like it very much. A.Ten o'clock. D.I don't like. 295. How much is this blue tablecloth? _________[B] A.The green one is better. B.Ten dollars and thirty cents. C.It's cheap. D.Yes. It's beautiful. 296. How much is this necklace? _________[C] A.It's very nice. B.It's a birthday present from my parents. C.It costs fifty pounds. D.It's a bargain. 297. How often do you _________your brother?[D] A.hear about B.hear of C.hear to D.hear from 298. How often do you go dancing? [C] A.I will go dancing tomorrow. B.Yesterday. C.Every other day. D.I've been dancing for a year. 299. How tall is your sister? _________[D] A.She is not very well. B.She is years old. C.She is very nice. D.She is as tall as I am. 300. How was your final exam? _________[C] D.Let's have a drink. C.I am not sure. B.You are right away. A.Take it easy. 301. How was your trip to London, Jane? ___________ [A] C.The guide showed me the way. B.I went there alone. D.By plane and by bus. A.Oh, wonderful indeed. 302. How would you like to mail it? _______[D] A.Thank you very much. B.Post office is over there. C.I'll be coming. D.By air mail, please. 303. How would you like your hair done? _________[D] A.Can you do it? D.Cut short. C.Fell down. B.Cut down. 304. How's your family? _________[C] A.Thanks all the same. B.Thanks for calling. C.Not too bad. D.Don't mention it. 305. How's your mother doing? _________[B] A.She is very kind. B.She is very well. C.She is not very old. D.She is doing shopping now. 306. I ______ my home work this time yesterday evening.[D] C.am doing A.were doing B.was to do D.was doing 307. I am afraid I can't return the book to you before Friday. ______. [D] D.Take your time A.Don't be afraid B.Be careful C.Not at all 308. I am going to _______ the meal, I insist.[B] A.pay B.pay for C.buy D.take 309. I am not used to speaking ________ public.[A] B.at C.on D.to A.in 310. I am so sorry to interrupt you again. _________[B] B.It's all right. C.I don't think so. D.No way! A.That's good. 311. I am terribly sorry! I broke the vase. _________[B] C.You meant to do it. A.I don't want it. B.Don't worry. D.You buy one for me. 312. I believe we've met somewhere before. No, ________. [C] A.it isn't the same B.it can't be right C.I don't think so D.I'd rather not 313. I can't find my book. Perhaps I ______ it behind in the office yesterday.[B] B.left C.put A.forgot D.set 314. I can't find the key _____the door. Maybe I lost it.[A] A.to B.of C.with D.for 315. I can't repair your recorder until tomorrow, I'm afraid. That's OK, there's _________.[D] A.no problem D.no worry C.no doubt B.no wonder 316. I couldn't find my EnglishChinese dictionary _______.[A] B.everywhere C.nowhere D.somewhere A.anywhere 317. I didn't know what to do, but then an idea suddenly ________ to me.[C] A.appeared B.happened C.occurred D.emerged 318. I do apologize for not being able to attend your birthday party. －________. We'll get together later.[B] C.That's right D.Don't mention it B.Don't worry A.Go ahead 319. I don't have much free time as my work _______ all my time.[C] A.takes away B.takes over C.takes up D.takes in 320. I don't know the park, but it's______ to be quite beautiful.[A] D.talked A.said B.told C.spoken 321. I don't know why she avoids ______ her opinion on the subject.[C] A.to give D.being given B.to be given C.giving 322. I don't like uniforms ______they will look so ugly on us.[C] C.because D.until B.and A.so
323. I doubt whether the Chinese Football Team can win the game this time.
________.[B] B.It's hard to say D.I
don't believe it A.That's true C.I like the team
324. I earn dollars ______ hour as ______ supermarket cashier on Saturdays.[C] A.a… an B.the… a C.an… a D.an… the 325. I failed the maths exam again.
_________[B] D.I'm glad. C.That's right. B.What a pity! A.Well done.
326. I feeling that it was a mistake to let
him go.[B] B.can't help C.can't help but A.can help D.cannot but
327. I fell and hurt myself while I ________ basketball yesterday.[A] A.was playing B.am playing C.play D.played
328. I fell and hurt myself while I
________basketball yesterday.[A] B.am playing C.play D.played A.was playing
329. I forgot to return the book to you
yesterday. So I _today.[B] D.must have to do it B.must do it A.might do it C.had to do it
330. I had a really good weekend at my
uncle's. _________. [D] C.It's a pleasure B.Certainly D.Oh, I'm glad to hear that A.Oh, that's very nice of you
331. I had a really good weekend at my uncle's. . [D] D.Oh, I'm glad to hear that
C.It's a pleasure B.Certainly A.Oh, that's
very nice of you
332. I hate the news, _____made us very sad. [B] B.which C.what D.it A.that 333. I have _______her, but I have never
met her.[B] A.heard B.heard of
D.heard a lot
334. I have an appointment with Dr.
Edward. _________[A] D.Dr. Edward didn't tell me. A.Please wait for a minute.
C.Tell me about your appointment. B.Are you sick?
335. I have been looking forward to ____ from my parents.[D] D.hearing A.hear B.being heard C.be heard
336. I have lost my new English dictionary. _________[A] C.It doesn't matter. B.It's nothing. A.What a pity! D.Not at all.
337. I have passed the English exam. _______. Congratulations![D] D.Well done A.Sorry B.Good luck http://m.wendangku.net/doc/abc0e264f111f18583d05ac8.htmle on
338. I have passed the maths exam! _________. Congratulations![C] C.Well
done http://m.wendangku.net/doc/abc0e264f111f18583d05ac8.htmle on A.Sorry D.Bad luck 339. I hear you got through your exam.
Congratulations! _________[C] B.Who told you that? D.Yes, I got a good mark. C.Thanks. A.No. I didn't do well enough. 340. I heard Susan surprised her teacher by working hard. Yes, ______[B] B.Susan worked hard. C.the teacher was surprising. D.Susan was surprised. A.her teacher worked hard. 341. I heard you got a full mark in the English exam. Congratulations! _________[C] A.Oh, no, no. D.Don't praise me. B.No, I didn't do very well. C.Thanks. 342. I hope you have a most happy and prosperous new year! _________[C] A.You are welcome! B.How smart you are! C.The same to you! D.Nice going! 343. I invited Joe and Linda to dinner, but ________of them came.[A] A.neither B.either C.none D.both 344. I like sports and ______my brother. [A] D.so like C.so B.so is A.so does 345. I look forward to _______from you.[B] B.hearing A.heard C.hears D.hear 346. I made the cake by ________. Help yourself, Tom. Thanks, Jane.[C] A.ourselves B.himself D.herself C.myself 347. I missed yesterday's football final. _________[B] B.What a pity! C.Remember to bring it next time. A.It's a good idea. D.I'm glad to hear that. 348. I must apologize to you for the delay. ______ [A] D.You are welcome. C.All the best. A.That's all right. B.No trouble at all. 349. I need to go to the library today. Do you know what time it closes? _________[C] B.I'm very busy now. C.At about :. D.I don't need to go there. A.No, thanks. 350. I paid __________for the new book.[C] C.one and a half pounds B.one pound and half A.half pound D.one and half a pound 351. I prefer classic music_____pop music.[D] A.than B.on D.to C.with 352. I really don't know how to thank you enough. ______.[B] D.It doesn't matter C.Not at all B.Think nothing of it A.No problem 353. I saw that she was in difficulty with all those parcels, so I offered my_____.[A] A.service B.money http://m.wendangku.net/doc/abc0e264f111f18583d05ac8.htmle D.chance 354. I shall be surprised if he does this the same way ______I do. [A] C.which B.like D.what A.as 355. I think he is a good lecturer. _________[B] A.Sorry, it doesn't matter. B.So do I. C.Yes. It's a good idea. D.I don't mind. 356. I thought that honesty _______ the best policy.[B] D.be A.was C.were B.is 357. I took someone else's book ______mistake.[D] B.for C.with A.in D.by 358. I took the medicine, but it didn't _______.[A] C.make B.help A.work
D.affect 359. I was talking with my mother on the phone when we were ____ suddenly.[B] A.cut down C.cut across D.cut back B.cut off 360. I was worried about my maths, but Mr. Brown gave me an A. _____[B] A.Don't worry about it. B.Congratulations! That's a difficult course. C.Mr. Brown is very good. D.Good luck to you ！ 361. I went to the beach and got plenty of rest. ___________. You looked tired last time I saw you.[C] B.Really C.I'm glad you did A.I hope so D.The sound was nice 362. I wish you success in your career. _________[D] C.Yes, please. B.I think so. A.You are welcome. D.The same to you. 363. I wonder if I could use your computer tonight? ___________ I'm not using it right now.[A] D.Who cares? C.It doesn't matter. B.I don't know. A.Sure, go ahead. 364. I wonder if I could use your dictionary? ______ [B] A.Go on. B.Go ahead. C.Go up. D.Go away. 365. I won't be free ________ I finish this work. [B] C.but D.when A.after B.until 366. I won't make the _______ mistake next time.[B] A.like B.same C.near D.similar 367. I won't make the _______mistake next time. [B] B.same C.near D.similar A.like 368. I would appreciate ______back this afternoon. [C] A.you to call B.you call C.your calling D.you're calling 369. ID card, please. ______ [C] B.Here are they. C.Here you are. D.Give you. A.Here it is. 370. If by any chance someone comes to see me, ask the person to leave a _______.[A] C.sentence A.message B.letter D.notice 371. If I don't ________ the phone at home, ring me at work.[D] A.reply B.return C.respond D.answer 372. If Mary _______shopping this afternoon, please ask her to write a shopping list first.[B] B.goes C.went A.will go D.has gone
373. If she wants to stay thin, she must make a _____ in her diet.[A] C.run B.turn A.change D.go
374. If the doctor had been available, the
child .[B] C.might not die A.would not die B.could not have died D.should not have died 375. If you _____your work, you can go there first.[D] D.have finished A.will finish C.finishing B.finished
376. If you need me, jut let me know. I will,___________.[B] D.not at all
A.that's all right
377. If you observe more closely, Margaret is _______ of the two girls.[A] C.the tallest B.taller A.the taller D.tallest 378. If you want to change for a blue shirt, you'll have to pay _______$ .[A] C.more A.another B.other D.each
379. I'll be away on a business trip. Would
you mind looking at my cat? Not at all. .[D] A.I have no time B.I'd rather not D.I'd be happy to C.You can leave
380. I'll fly to Shanghai on business next Friday. ____[D] D.Have a good trip. C.Can't you go? B.I don't think so. A.That's very nice of you. 381. I'll give you a ring if Mike ________ tomorrow. [A] D.is coming C.came B.will come http://m.wendangku.net/doc/abc0e264f111f18583d05ac8.htmles
382. I'll go camping this weekend. . [C]
A.Can you go fishing, too
B.Don't give it up
C.Have a good time
D.glad to hear it 383. I'll have a cup of coffee and _____.[D] A.two breads D.two pieces of bread B.two piece of breads C.two pieces of breads
384. I'm afraid I can't go to your party, I have an important exam tomorrow. __________![A] C.No problem D.Mind yourself A.What a pity B.With pleasure 385. I'm engaged! _______on your engagement![A] C.Welcome B.Pleasure A.Congratulations D.Cheers
386. I'm going to Beijing next week, you
know it's one of the most beautiful cities in China. _________.[A] D.very good A.Enjoy yourself B.It's a pleasure C.Good luck 387. I'm going to take my entrance test tomorrow. _______![A] A.Good luck http://m.wendangku.net/doc/abc0e264f111f18583d05ac8.htmle on D.Congratulations B.Cheers
388. I'm going to the English evening now. _________.[B] B.Have a good time C.It's kind of you A.It's good for you D.You are happy
389. I'm going to the supermarket this afternoon. Do you have anything ______? [D] B.bought C.for buying A.to be buying D.to buy 390. I'm really grateful to you. ______ [A] A.My pleasure. D.That's OK. C.Don't worry about it. B.It doesn't matter. 391. I'm sorry for being late, Mr Lt. ___________.[D] A.All right B.That's right C.Not at all D.Never mind 392. I'm sorry I broke your mirror. Oh, really? _______.[A] D.It's OK with me A.It doesn't matter B.Don't be sorry C.Not at all 393. I'm sorry I'm calling you so late. __________Okay. [C] C.That's B.You're D.I'm A.This is 394. I'm sorry that I've kept you _______ for so long.[B] A.to wait B.waiting C.to be waiting D.waited 395. I'm sorry to have kept you waiting. _________[A] D.It's nice of you. C.My pleasure. A.It doesn't matter. B.Forget it. 396. I'm sorry to hear that you failed in the exam. ___________.[B] D.Yes, I'm really sorry C.You are welcome B.Oh, thank you.That's very kind of you. A.Not at all 397. I'm sorry to trouble you. _________[C] D.What is it? A.The same to you. B.What a pity. C.It doesn't matter. 398. I'm sorry to trouble you. __________. [C] A.The same to you B.What a pity! I'm sorry to hear that C.It doesn't matter D.Thanks a lot 399. I'm sorry. Bob is not in his office. _________?[A] D.Can you phone meI haven't seen Belly for years. A.Can you take a message for me B.Are you sure for that C.Would you like to leave a message 400. I'm sorry. I lost the key. ________ [A] A.Well, it's OK. B.No, it's all right. C.You are welcome. D.You are wrong. 401. I'm speaking _______ the name of all the staff of our university.[A] A.in B.on C.under D.with 402. I'm taking my driving test tomorrow. ______![B] http://m.wendangku.net/doc/abc0e264f111f18583d05ac8.htmle on B.Good luck D.Congratulations A.Cheers 403. In order to ______ the disease, the first thing we should do is to do research about it and find out a satisfactory cure.[C] D.confuse B.conduct A.confirm C.control 404. In order to _______ your goals, you must work hard.[B] D.develop B.achieve A.make C.require 405. In some parks visitors are requested to keep ______the grass.[D] D.off C.out B.away A.aside 406. Is it OK if I take this seat? Sorry, _______.[C] A.here you are B.take it C.it's taken D.never mind 407. Is it possible for you to work late tonight? _______[D] A.I like it. B.I'll do that. C.I'd love to. D.I think so. 408. Is Julie's husband wearing a suit? _________[B] D.He went swimming yesterday. A.He has just come back from the office. B.Yes, he is. C.Yes, he wears. 409. Is Kate in, please? I want to her. Sorry, she is out. You'd better call her later.[B] B.speak to D.talk A.trouble C.visit 410. Is Linda good at singing? Yes, she is. We often hear her _____in her room.[C] B.sang C.sing D.sings A.to sing 411. Is Mary there? _________[A] A.Speaking. B.I'm not Mary. C.Who are you? D.Mary is well today. 412. Is that seat taken? _________[B] A.Please don't worry. B.I don't think so. C.Why not? D.It's very nice. 413. Is there a room available for tonight? Yes, Sir. May I help you? _________[B] B.I'm hoping to book a single room. C.I want to go for a walk. D.No, that's fine. A.Thank you. 414. Is there a table for , please? ______, please. Is the one near the backdoor OK?[B] A.Take your time B.This way C.You are welcome D.After you 415. Is there anyone in your family looking for a job? Yes, my sister is. She is _______part time in a restaurant now, but she wants to change her job. [B] B.working D.playing A.studying C.eating 416. Is this your shoe? Yes, but where is ________?[A] B.other one A.the other one D.the others C.another one 417. It ________that they had no idea at the moment. [A] A.seemed B.was seemed C.saw D.liked 418. It has been ten years since the Labour Party came into ______ in that country.[C] D.charge A.control B.force C.power 419. It is _______ for people to feel excited when they start doing something new.[A] B.ordinary C.average D.regular A.normal 420. It is a teacher's job to make sure that everyone of his students _______ confident in preparing himself for the future.[A] B.should feel D.would feel C.will feel A.feels 421. It is believed that if a book is ________, it will surely ________ the reader.[D] A.interested… interest B.interesting… be interested
C.interested… be interesting
422. It is high time that we _______
working to take a break.[C] A.should stop
423. It is high time we ______something to stop road accidents.[A] A.did B.are doing C.will do D.do
424. It is not always easy to tell the right ______ the wrong.[A] A.from B.with
425. It is not always easy to tell the right ______the wrong.[A] C.than B.with A.from D.to
426. It was a great pleasure ________ me to be invited to the party.[A] A.for B.on C.to D.of
427. It was because of the heavy rain last night ____ I didn't go home before o'clock.[A] A.that B.when C.which D.how
428. It was in ______the American astronauts succeeded in landing on the moon. [D] B.the moment C.which D.that A.when
429. It was well known that Thomas Edison______the electric lamp. [A]
430. It's ________ that he was wrong.[C]
D.clearing 431. It's _____to interrupt the others while
they are talking. [B] A.rough B.rude C.polite D.troublesome
432. It's a fine day, isn't it? Why _______to the zoo with us?[B] B.not go C.don't go A.not going D.not to go
433. It's a fine day. Let's go fishing, ?[D] C.don't we A.won't we B.will we
434. It's a good idea. But who's going to_________ the plan? I think John and Peter will.[A] D.set aside A.carry out
435. It's bad ________ for you to smoke in the public places where smoking is not
allowed.[A] A.behavior B.action C.manner D.movement
436. It's cold outside. You'd better
________ your coat. [C] A.wear B.dress
437. It's nearly ten o'clock. It's time for you to go to bed, Kate! OK. _________, Dad.[D] D.Good night B.Goodbye A.See you
later C.Good evening
438. It's not easy for Chinese students _______English well.[A] D.learn
C.learned B.learning A.to learn
439. It's rather cold in here. Do you mind if I close the window? [B] A.Yes, please. B.No, please. C.Sure, please. D.I don't like it. 440. It's reported that a new hospital _here next year.[C] B.was going to set up A.would be set up D.is going to set up C.will be set up 441. It's time we ____ the lecture because everybody has arrived.[D] B.shall start C.start A.will start D.started 442. I've got your invitation. Oh, good. ______[A] A.Can you come? C.I'll take it. D.May I help you? B.Thanks a lot. 443. I've heard that you are going to Thailand? Yes, I'll leave on Sunday. That's great! _______ Thank you![A] D.You are so smart! C.How are you! B.Watch out! A.Have a nice journey! 444. J ames Watt ______ the steam engine.[B] A.was inventing B.invented C.had invented D.has invented 445. Jane likes singing. We often hear her _______after class.[A] B.to sing A.sing C.sings D.sang 446. Jane's dress is similar in design ___her sister's.[C] D.as C.to B.with A.like 447. Jenny is learning Japanese. ______ her brother.[A] D.Nor does C.Nor is B.So does A.So is 448. Jim takes the medicine ________the doctor says.[A] C.what D.because A.as B.like 449. Jim, please don't put your head out of the window on the bus. It's dangerous! _________[B] D.It's good. A.Good idea. B.Sorry, I won't do it again. C.It doesn't matter. 450. John and Alice got _______ last year in Las Vegas.[C] A.marrying B.marriage D.to marry C.married 451. John never comes to school late, ________ ? [A] D.isn't he C.is he B.doesn't he A.does he 452. John succeeded _______ what he wanted.[C] A.to get B.to getting C.in getting D.and getting 453. K ate is a little _______than Mary.[A] D.youngest C.the youngest B.young A.younger 454. L et me introduce myself. I am Tom. _______.[D] C.I'm very pleased B.It's pleasure A.What a pleasure D.Pleased to meet you 455. Let me introduce myself. I'm steward ． _________ [B] A.What a pleasure. B.Pleased to meet you. C.I don't know. D.Thanks a lot. 456. Let's ______friends, shall we? [D]
D.be 457. Let's go for a drive. _________[C] B.It drives me mad. D.I don't say anything. C.All right. Let's go. A.I'm busy. 458. Let's go to a movie after work, OK? ______ [B] A.Not at all. B.Why not? C.Never mind. D.Who is it? 459. Let's go to the library this afternoon. _________.[D] A.Yes, that's right. B.No. I can't. C.What about you? D.That's a good idea. 460. Let's have a picnic by the West Lake. _________[C] A.Never mind. B.That's all right. C.Good idea. D.You're lucky. 461. Listen! Who ______ in the next room? The voice is so beautiful.[D] B.sang C.has sung D.is singing A.sings 462. Little Tom is used to getting up _______eight every morning.[A] B.on D.of A.at C.in 463. Look! Here _______ the famous player.[A] http://m.wendangku.net/doc/abc0e264f111f18583d05ac8.htmle http://m.wendangku.net/doc/abc0e264f111f18583d05ac8.htmling C.had come http://m.wendangku.net/doc/abc0e264f111f18583d05ac8.htmles 464. M adam, do all the buses go downtown? [D] C.Pretty well, I guess. B.No, never mind. A.Wow, you got the idea. D.Sorry, I'm new here. 465. Many countries are increasing their use of natural gas, wind and other forms of _______.[A] C.power D.material B.source A.energy 466. Many people watched the boys ______the mountain at that time. [B] A.climb B.climbing C.to climb D.climbed 467. Marilyn, I'm afraid I have to be leaving now. [B] D.Good luck! C.Not at all. B.Oh, so early? A.That sounds wonderful. 468. Mary told me that she _______ to the supermarket before coming home.[B] C.has gone B.had gone A.went D.goes 469. Mary's brother had a talk at school yesterday afternoon, _______he?[D] A.had B.hadn't C.did D.didn't 470. Mathematics ________ study or science of numbers.[A] A.is B.are C.was D.were 471. May I ask you a question? _.[C] A.Yes. you need D.Let me see C.Yes. please B.Yes. ask 472. May I borrow your umbrella for a moment? __.[C] C.Well, I am afraid I am going to use it myself D.Of course not. I'm going to need it myself B.Sorry, but you may not A.No, you can't do it 473. May I move your bag a little and take this seat? .[D] D.Go ahead C.You do it please A.I don't mind B.It doesn't matter 474. May I see your tickets, please? ________[A] C.No, they are mine.
B.No, you can't. D.Yes, you can.
475. May I see your tickets, please ？ _____[C] B.No, you can't. D.Yes, you can. C.Sure. A.No, they are mine. 476. May I speak to Dr. Brown? _________[C] A.Yes, he is not in at the moment. D.Sorry, speaking. B.No, you can't. C.Yes, this is Brown speaking. 477. May I use my credit card here? _________[C] B.No one uses it. C.I am afraid you can't. D.Who told you? A.You can't. 478. May I use your bike for a moment? ________[C] A.It's well. D.I have no idea. B.It doesn't matter. C.By all means. 479. May I use your dictionary? .[A] B.No, you won't A.Yes, here you are D.Sorry here it is C.Never mind 480. Measles(麻疹) ________ a long time to get over.[D] A.spend B.spends C.take D.takes 481. Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year! __________.[D] A.It's very nice of you B.You're welcome C.Thank you D.The same to you 482. Mike is _______than Jack.[C] D.more carefuler C.less careful B.carefully A.careful 483. Mike is better than Peter ____ swimming ． [B] D.in C.on A.for B.at 484. Miss Wang wanted to know _______for the film.[D] D.why he was late B.why is he late C.why he is late A.why was he late 485. Morning, sir.______ I've learnt that silk is famous here. Can I get some?[D] A.Can you help me? D.Anything I can do for you? C.Can you give me a hand? B.What's the matter with you? 486. Mr Wang is going to teach you maths ______one year.[C] D.to C.for A.with B.on 487. Mr. John was busy, _he could not come.[B] D.nor C.and B.therefore A.but 488. Mr. Jones ____ in the company for twenty years by the end of next month.[B] A.will work B.will have worked C.has worked D.would work 489. Mr. Jones, this is Sean, an English teacher from the United States. __[B] A.What can I do for you? B.Nice to meet you. C.Please keep in touch. D.Haven't seen you for ages.
490. Mr. Smith _______me to buy several eggs for the dinner.[C] A.had B.suggested C.asked D.made 491. Must I take a taxi? No, you ________ . You can take my car.[D] B.don't A.had better to D.don't have to C.must not 492. My brother fell off his bike and hurt himself. ______[B] D.I'm bad to hear that. C.That's too bad. A.How careless he was! B.I'm sorry to hear that. 493. My brother Tim is ________sports.[B] D.well in A.good for B.good at C.well at 494. My father is leaving ______Shanghai tomorrow. [A] A.for D.to B.in C.into 495. My friend helped me _______ my cat when I was on vacation with my wife.[C] D.look up C.look after A.look for B.look on 496. My mother still went to work yesterday _______she didn't feel well.[B] C.as soon as D.while B.though A.whether 497. My son won the first prize in the writing contest! _________[A] A.Congratulations! B.Are you sure of that? C.What a pity! D.It's terrible. 498. Nancy is considered to be ________ the other students in her class.[D] A.less intelligent B.the most intelligent C.intelligent as well D.as intelligent as 499. N either John ____his father was able to wake up early enough to catch the morning train.[A] D.and C.but A.nor B.or 500. Never before _______ see such a terrible car accident on the road![D] A.I have B.have I C.I did D.did I 501. Never get off the bus ______it has stopped.[C] D.or C.until B.as soon as A.if 502. Nice day, ________? Yes, it is. [B] C.what's it B.isn't it A.is it D.isn't that 503. －Nice to meet you. －_____ [C] A.Fine, thank you. B.How are you? C.Nice to meet you, too. D.Thank you. 504. Nice to see you again, Mr. Smith. How are you? _________[B] B.Fine. Thank you. And you? C.Are you OK? A.I miss you. D.This way, please. 505. Nice to see you. I ______you for a long time.[A] C.hadn't seen B.didn't see A.haven't seen D.don't see 506. No matter _____ , the little sisters managed to round the sheep up and drive them back home safely.[D] D.how hard it was snowing A.it was snowing hard B.hard it was snowing C.how it was snowing hard 507. Nobody _________to smoke in the cinema.[C] B.allows A.allow C.is allowed D.are allowed 508. Nobody believed him ______what he said. [C] C.no matter D.contrary to B.in spite A.even though 509. Not until the meeting was over ____ that he had made a mistake in his speech.[B] A.he realized B.did he realize C.he has realized D.has he realized 510. O f all the students in our class, Betty writes ___________.[B] D.the most carefully A.very carefully B.most carefully C.more carefully 511. Oh dear! I've just broken a window. ___________! It can't be helped.[B] D.Not at all C.That's fine A.Great B.Never mind 512. Oh, dear! I've just broken a window. _____. It can't be helped.[A] B.All right D.Not at all C.That's fine A.Don't worry 513. Oh, dear! I've lost my new watch. _____[D] D.What a pity! C.That's all right. B.That's right. A.I'm sad. 514. Oh, sorry to bother you. _____[A] C.That's good. A.That's Okay. B.No, you can't. D.Oh, I don't know. 515. Oh, sorry to bother you. ________.[A] D.Oh, I don't know A.That's okay B.No, you can't C.That's good 516. Oh, the box is too heavy. ______？ No, thanks. I can manage myself.[B] D.May I C.Whose is it B.Can I help you A.What's in it 517. Oh, your voice sounds quite different ______the phone. [B] A.in B.on C.for D.from 518. On ________ side of the street there are some trees.[B] D.all A.both B.either C.every 519. On average, a successful lawyer has to talk to several _______ a day. [D] D.clients C.guests A.customers B.supporters 520. On formal __________, people pay more attention to manners.[D] A.situations D.occasions C.conditions B.cases 521. On my left _______ a wide river; on my right, a dark forest.[B] C.are D.would be A.has been B.was 522. One and a half hour _______since we arrive. No one has come to meet us. [D] A.have passed C.pass D.has passed B.was passed 523. One cannot learn a foreign language well ______ he studies hard.[A] A.unless B.if D.when C.as 524. One day while Mr. King was working,
he had a/an ______：his left leg was badly injured.[B] C.matter D.event B.accident A.business 525. One needs a good sense of ______ to ride a bike.[C] A.level B.skill C.balance D.ability 526. Only in this way ______progress in your English. [B] B.can you make A.you make C.you be able to make D.will you able to make 527. Our class won the girls' relay race in our school's sports meeting. _________[C] C.Congratulations! B.Thanks a lot. A.That's right. D.It's a pleasure. 528. Our house is about a mile away from the railway station and there are not many houses _______ . [A] D.from each other C.among them A. in between B.far apart 529. Our manager will look into the matter as soon as possible. Just have a little _______.[C] D.rest C.patience B.time A.wait 530. P aul, _______? Oh, that's my father! And beside him, my mother.[B] A. what is the person over there D.which is that C.what are they doing B.who's talking over there 531. Paul, this is my friend, Ann. _________[D] A.Very well, thank you. B.How do you like the party? C.Glad to meet you, Jack. D.Glad to meet you, Ann. 532. People at the party worried about him, because no one was aware ____ he had gone.[A] A.of where B.of the place where C.where D.the place 533. Peter worked so fast with the maths problems ______ a lot of mistakes.[D] D.that he made C.to make B.that made A.as to make 534. Peter, don't step on the grass. .[D] B.I can't do it C.Don't worry D.Sorry, I won't do it again A.It doesn't matter 535. Please help yourself to the fish. ______ [A] D.No, I can't. C.Well, fish don't suit me. A.Thanks, but I don't
like the fish. B.Sorry, I can't help.
536. Please help yourself to the seafood. ________[D] C.Well, seafood don't suit. D.Thanks, but I don't like seafood. B.Sorry, I can't help. A.No, I can't. 537. Please help yourself to the seafood. _____. [A] A.Thanks, but I don't like the seafood B.Sorry, I can't help D.No, I
can't C.Well, fish don't suit for
538. Please hurry up, ____we'll be late. [C] A.and B.but C.or D.so
539. Pleased to meet you! ― ____[A] A.Pleased to meet you ,too. B.How do
you do? C.I've heard about you. D.The pleasure is mine. 540. Professor Johnson comes from either Oxford or MIT, I can't remember _______.[C] D.that A.where B.there C.which 541. Professor Smith promised to look _______my paper, that is, to read it carefully before the thesis defense.[B] D.into A.after B.over C.on 542. Professor White contributed a lot to our community, _______.[A] A.teaching, writing, and lecturing B.teaching, writing, and a lecturer C.a teacher, a writer, and lecturing D.teaching, lecturing, and a writer 543. Professor, would you slow down a bit, please? I can't _______you.[A] C.make up to B.put up with D.hold on to A.keep up with 544. Put it down, Richard. You mustn't read ______letter. [C] B.anyone's else A.anyone's else's D.anyone else C.anyone else's 545. R obert, there's a man at the front door, saying he has _____news of great importance. [A] A./ B.the C.a D.an 546. S electing a mobile phone for personal use is no easy task because technology _______so rapidly.[A] B.has been changed A.is changing C.will have changed D.will change 547. Shall I drive you to the railway station? Oh, don't bother about it. I'll take a taxi. Well, __________! Thank you and goodbye![D] C.have it checked up B.help http://m.wendangku.net/doc/abc0e264f111f18583d05ac8.htmle on D.have a nice trip 548. Shall I get some chalk for you? _.[B] D.Not at all A.That's right C.I can do it without you B.No, thanks, let Tom do it 549. Shall we go to the zoo tomorrow? _____.[C] C.Good idea D.You're welcome B.That's nothing A.It doesn't matter 550. Shall we have another cup of tea? _________[B] A.Do you like tea? B.Why not? C.Good tea. D.I'm thirsty. 551. Shall we hold a party this Saturday evening? __. [B] C.Let's B.Good idea A.Quite right D.Certain 552. Shall we sit up here on the grass or down there near the water? ________[A] A.I'd rather stay here if you don't mind. B.Sorry, I don't like neither. D.Yes, we like these two places. C.Certainly, why not? 553. Shall we sit up here on the grass or down there near the water? _____[A] A.I'd rather stay here if you don't mind. B.Sorry, I don't like neither. C.Certainly, why not ？ D.Yes, we like these two places. 554. Shanghai is really a fascinating city and we've decided to stay for ______ two weeks.[A] A.another B.other C.the other D.other's 555. She _______ pages of the book today.[A] A.has already read B.already reads C.already read D.was already read 556. She agreed ________ me on this issue.[D] A.over B.on C.to D.with 557. She had _____to do, so she was free.[C] A.something C.nothing D.everything B.anything 558. She has been working hard day and night during these years _______ she could pay for the lost necklace.[A] D.because C.the moment B.as long as A.in order that 559. She is not only my classmate ________ also my good friend.[B] A.or B.but C.and D.too 560. She is running a fever, but now it is under control. _________[B] B.I will go and see her after work. A.She is running fast. D.She is running away from home. C.Her mother does not run. 561. She leaned _______ the wall while she was speaking to her friend.[B] B.against A.to C.towards D.for 562. She took a short cut ___the fields.[D] A.through B.over C.below D.across 563. She walked slowly away, and he waited until she was out of ____ before going back into the house.[B] A.reach B.sight C.touch D.mind 564. She was awarded the highest ______ for his contribution to world peace.[C] D.pride C.prize A.price B.press 565. Since he doesn't want to accept your advice, it is no use _______to him again. [B] B.talking A.in talking C.to talk D.of talking 566. Singing these songs, I could not help ______ the good old days.[C] D.thinking up C.thinking of B.thinking out A.thinking over 567. Smoking is bad for your health. So, please _______.[A] B.give it in C.give it out D.give it away A.give it up 568. Smoking is forbidden in the workshop, please stop it. Sorry, I ____.[D] D.did not know C.do know B.have no idea A.am not sure 569. So, _________this weekend, Kate? Oh, Diane and I went for a drive in the country.[A] C.how good were you B.how well did you play D.when did you go A.what did you do
570. Some architectural designs are better
than _________.[A] B.another C.the other D.the rest A.others
571. Some TV programs are interesting but some others are ______ and full of
violence.[A] D.to be frightened
C.to be frightening 572. Sorry to have kept you waiting for so
long. __.[D] B.Don 't say so C.I don't think so A.Not at all D.It doesn't matter 573. Sorry, I couldn't come to the party. I was sick that day. ___________.[B] A.I don't know that B.That's all right D.No, the party wasn't held C.Yes, we'll have another party 574. Sorry, I made a mistake again. ______. Practice more and you'll
succeed.[A] A.Never mind B.Certainly
not C.Not at all D.Don't mention it 575. Sorry. I have taken your sports shoes by mistake. _________.[C] A.That's
right D.All right C.It doesn't matter B.You're welcome 576. Standing under a big tree to _______ getting wet in a rain is not a good choice. This is especially true when it is the
thunderstorm reason.[A] D.drop A.avoid B.keep C.stop
577. Stars have better players, so I
_______them to win.[C] B.prefer C.expect A.hope D.want
578. Suzan speaks English _______John.[D] D.much more fluently than C.more fluent than B.as fluent as A.so fluently as 579. T ake these pills three times a day. Come back and see me in a week. _________[A] B.I can't make it. C.I haven't decided yet. D.Good idea! A.Thank you very much indeed.
580. Thank God ．It's Friday again ．A nice weekend! ______.[D] D.The same to you A.Me too B.Yes ，I'll be free then C.That's all right 581. Thank you ever so much for the book you gave me. . [B] D.No, it's not so good C.Yes, it is good B.I'm glad you like it A.No thanks 582. Thank you ever so much for the coat you bought me. ___________.[B] D.No, it's not so good C.Please don't say so B.I'm glad you like it A.No thanks 583. Thank you ever so much for your lovely gift. _________[B]A.Never mind B.I'm glad you like it. C.Please don't say so. D.No, It's not so good. 584. Thank you for asking me to your party. But I can't come. _________.[B] C.Thanks a lot B.I'm sorry to hear that
A.That's right D.Oh, I'm very glad 585. Thank you for calling. _________[C] A.Don't mention it.
C.Nice talking to you.
D.Call back again. 586. Thank you for inviting me. _______[C] A.I really had a happy time. C.Thank you for coming. D.Oh, so slowly? B.Oh, it's too late. 587. Thank you for the wonderful meal, Mrs. Hanson. _________[D] A.Oh, I don't think you ate well. B.I'm not a good cook in fact. D.I'm glad you enjoyed it. C.Be careful next time. 588. Thank you for your great dinner. I really enjoyed it. __________you enjoyed it. [A] D.Surprisingly C.What a pity A.I'm so glad B.I'm sorry 589. Thank you for your invitation. _________[B] A.It doesn't matter. B.It's a pleasure. C.It's a small thing. D.I'll appreciate it. 590. Thank you very much for giving me so much help. _________.[B] D.Thanks C.OK B.You're welcome A.No thank you 591. Thanks for the lovely and delicious food. ___________. [D] A.No thanks D.My pleasure C.All right B.Never mind 592. Thanks for your help. __________ [A] A.My pleasure. D.Don't thank me. C.Quite right. B.Never mind. 593. That was a difficult question, but Mary still _______ to work it out.[D] D.managed C.kept B.failed A.did 594. That yellow purse _______her dollars.[A] A.cost D.paid C.took B.spent 595. That's a beautiful cat. I wonder who it belongs to. _________[A] A.It belongs to the Browns. B.The cat is my favourite too. C.Mind your own business. D.I can't say anything more. 596. That's a beautiful dress you have on! __________ [A] A.Oh, thanks. I got it yesterday. D.See you later. C.Hey you can have it. B.Sorry, it's too cheap. 597. The ______ is just around the corner and you won't miss it.[B] A.bicycle's shop B.bicycle shop C.bicycles shop D.bicycles' shop 598. The accident was ______ to careless driving.[C] C.due D.because B.likely A.for 599. The atmosphere _________certain gases mixed together in definite proportions.[C] D.makes up of http://m.wendangku.net/doc/abc0e264f111f18583d05ac8.htmlposes of B.is made up C.consists of 600. The boy is not happy at the new school. He has ________ friends there.[A] A.few B.a few C.little D.a little 601. The boys enjoyed _______football very much.[B] A.played B.playing C.play D.to play 602. The car accident happened at _______crossroads a few metres away from_______bank.[D] A.the; / B./; a C./; the D.the; the 603. The children are too young to tell good books the bad ones.[B] A.among D.between C.with B.from 604. The computer system suddenly while he was searching for information on the Internet.[A] B.broke out C.broke up A.broke down D.broke in 605. The construction of the new bridge has been ____ for two weeks because of the bad weather.[D] D.delayed C.depended B.developed A.devoted 606. The doctor suggested that the patient ____ in hospital for another week.[C] A.stayed B.staying C.stay D.to stay 607. The dog was tearing the cloth ______its teeth.[A] C.through B.by A.with D.in 608. The electric fan has blown away the terrible smell in the hall, ______?[C] A.can't it B.isn't it C.hasn't it D.doesn't it 609. The factory _______ , bicycles a month.[D] A.turns into D.turns out C.turns in B.turns up 610. The garden _______while the Greens were away from home. [C] B.was taken good care D.was taking good care C.was taken good care of A.took good care of 611. The girl is ____ of a film star.[B] D.anyone A.somebody B.something C.anybody 612. The girl sometimes has difficulty ______ what the teacher says in class.[B] A.understand B.understanding C.to understand D.understood 613. The Japanese, ______ average, live much longer than the Europeans.[D] C.to
B.in D.on A.with 614. The league secretary and monitor ______asked to make a speech at the meeting. [B] B.was D.were A.has
C.are 615. The man ______Mary was so tall that she could hardly see the show. [A]
D.at the beginning of A.in front of B.in the front of C.at the back of 616. The manager will not _________ us to use his car.[D] D.allow C.agree A.have B.let
617. The medicine is on sale everywhere.
You can get it at ______ chemist's.[D]
C.certain B.some A.each
D.any 618. The movie star didn't show up at the airport, _______ was rather
disappointing.[B] A.who B.which
619. The museum ______ we visited last Saturday was set up twenty years ago.[C] C.which B.to which A.where D.for which
620. The music sounded _______. I enjoyed every minute of it.[D] A.well B.boring C.wonderfully D.beautiful
621. The music was so loud that she had to
raise her voice to make herself ____.[B] A.hear B.heard C.to hear D.hearing
622. The new assembly line having been adopted, the factory produced ____ cars in as the year before.[C] A.as twice many B.twice many as C.twice as many
D.as many as twice
623. The news made the old lady very ______.[A] D.sadness C.sadly A.sadder B.sad
624. The next train to Beijing is ____ to
arrive at a.m..[A] A.due http://m.wendangku.net/doc/abc0e264f111f18583d05ac8.htmlte C.early B.sure
625. The number of students of this school
______large. [C] B.are not C.isn't A.are D.aren't
626. The old man lives _______. He always
feels ________. [D] D.alone, lonely
627. The people in this city have planted
________ trees along both sides of the streets.[D] A.a great deal of B.much C.a large amount of D.a lot of
628. The plane was about to _______, and yet I left my ticket behind.[A] A.take off C.take up D.take in B.take on
629. The policeman needs to see _______ your ID card or your driver's license.[C] A.every B.each C.either D.both 630. The population of the earth
______increasing fast. [A] D.have been
C.were A.is B.are
631. The public store is to close at : p.m. _______ no need to worry; it is just :
p.m.[D] A.You have B.They have C.It is D.There is
632. The radio is too noisy, please _______. [B] D.turn it up A.turn down it B.turn
it down C.turn off it
633. The rain was _______ make our picnic
impossible.[C] A.hard enough B.hard so to C.so hard as to D.so hard to 634.The reason I didn't go to Canada was _______ a new job.[C] A.because I got B.how I got C.that I got
D.why I got
635.The red flower goes from one to _____ in the class. [C] A.the other B.others C.another D.other
636.The scientists are ____ a series of experiments to learn more about how the body adapts to weightlessness.[D]
637.The soup smells ____. Would you like some?[A] D.finely C.properly B.well A.good
638.The storm prevented me _______.[D] D.from going out C.from being out
A.to go out
B.to going out
639.The students _______a good rest last weekend. They were preparing for the test.[B] A.don't have D.won't have
640.The students were all entertained in a Mexican restaurant, at Professor Brian's
______.[C] D.loss C.expense
641.The summer vacation is coming in a few days. I'll share the holidays with my daughter by traveling. ______.[C]
B.Nice to meet you!
C.Have a good trip!
A.Congratulations! D.It's very kind of you.
642.The tall man is _____with robbery. [A] B.accused A.charged C.done D.dealt 643.The taxi driver always reminds passengers to _______their belongings when they leave the car. [D] D.take
644.The teacher's lecture on pronunciation lasted for three hours. Many of us felt very _______ and sleepy.[B] D.interested
C.losing 645.The top of the Great Wall is ________ for five horses to go side by side.[C]
646.The weather in Harbin is quite different from ________ in Hainan. [A] B.it C.the one D.one A.that
647.The WTO cannot live up to its name _____it does not include a country that is home to one fifth of mankind. [C] B.while C.if A.as long as D.even though
648.The young lady coming over to us
_____ our English teacher; the way she walks tells us that! [A] D.could be
649.The young man was drunk ________ two glasses of wine.[B] A.on B.with
650.The young seedlings remained alive
__________the protecting snow.[C]
651.There ________ a book and some
magazines on the desk.[A] A.is B.are
652.There _______a basket ball match this
afternoon.[A] D.is going to has C.is
going to is B.is going to have A.is going
653.There are a lot of news ______today's
newspaper. [A] C.at D.with B.on
654.There have been many ________ in
their marriage but they still love each
other.[C] A.right and wrong B.back and
forth C.ups and downs D.right and left
655.There is _________in today's
newspaper.[D] D.something new A.new
anything C.anything new B.new
656.There is ______water in the glass, is
there?[D] D.little A.a few B.not
657.There isn't any difference between the
two. I really don't know _____. [B]
A.where to choose
B.which to choose
D.to choose which C.to choose what
658.There will be ________ soon. I'm
afraid I can't go. [A] C.raining A.rain
659.Therefore, other things ____ equal, the
number of workers that employers want
decreases.[C] A.is B.are C.being
660.There's ______water in the bottle.
Don't throw it away.[B] D.few A.little
661.There's lots of fruit _____ the tree．Our
little cat is also ______ the tree. [D] A.
in；in B.on；on C.in；on D.on；
662.There's no food in the fridge. They
_______shopping.[C] D.are going to go
C.are going B.are go A.go
663.These desks and chairs ______to the
children in the mountain villages next
week.[D] A.are sent B.will send
D.will be sent
664.They ______each other for more than
twenty years.[C] A.don't see D.hadn't
seen C.haven't seen B.didn't see
665.They all go outing on such a warm
spring day ______ Mark. He is busy with
his lessons now.[D] D.except A.beside
666.They have done ____work these
days.[A] C.too many A.too much
D.many too B.much too
667.They have planted _______trees in
SaiBei, It's a "Great Green Wall" of trees.[D]
http://m.wendangku.net/doc/abc0e264f111f18583d05ac8.htmllions of C.several http://m.wendangku.net/doc/abc0e264f111f18583d05ac8.htmllions
668.They were all very tired, but
_______of them would stop to take a
rest.[C] B.some A.any C.none
669.They were not ___________at the
thief's being punished.[D] D.the least
surprised C.the lesser surprised B.less
surprised A.the least surprising
670.They were the only men who received
votes ______me. [B] A.next C.unless
671.This book is nothing ______ do with
the author's first novel.[D] A.in B.for
672.This box is too heavy for me to carry it
upstairs. _______[B] C.Please do me a
favor. A.You may ask for help. B.I'll
give you a hand. D.I'd come to help.
673.This is John. ___________[C]
C.Hello, John. Nice to meet you.
are you? A.Oh, I have never seen you.
B.Yes, I am glad.
674.This is Mr. Green and this is Mr.
Brown. _.[A] D.Hi, how are you getting
on C.Fine, thank you B.How are you
A.How do you do
675.This is the student _______ I know
will pass the TOEFL test.[B] D.what
676.This kind of material expands ____ the
temperature increasing.[C] D.at C.with
677.This maths problem is easy __.[D]
A.work out D.to work out
working out C.worked
678.This room ______ cool in summer and
warm in winter. It's quite comfortable to
live here.[A] A.feels B.is felt
679.This song often _______ us of the days
when we worked together in the
countryside.[B] B.reminds C.reflects
680.This train is going _______ the tunnel
quickly.[B] B.through C.along D.in
681.This week, I will travel to Japan. _.[A]
C.Do you have money? B.Let me go with
you A.Have a good time! D.Don't joke
682.Threefourths of the homework
______today. [B] A.has finished B.has
been finished C.have finished D.have
683.Today Chinese _________by more and
more people around the world.[B] B.is spoken D.speak A.was spoken C.spoke 684. Tom ________ more than twenty pounds on the novel.[A] A.spent B.paid C.cost D.took 685. Tom is so talkative. I'm sure you'll soon get tired _______ him.[A] A.of B.with C.at D.on 686. Tom was watching TV when someone______.[C] C.came http://m.wendangku.net/doc/abc0e264f111f18583d05ac8.htmle D.has come http://m.wendangku.net/doc/abc0e264f111f18583d05ac8.htmles 687. Tom, what did you do with my documents? I have never seen such a _____ and disorder![B] A.mass B.mess C.guess D.bus 688. Twenty people were ________ wounded in the air crash.[D] A.quickly B.wrongly C.bitterly D.seriously 689. Two days is not enough for him to finish the work ．He needs _______ day. [D] D.a third C.the third A.other B.the other
690. Unbelievable! I have failed the driving test again! _______ This is not the end of the world.[B] B.Cheer up. A.Good luck. C.Go ahead. D.No problem. 691. U ncle Sam sent him a _______ bicycle as a birthday present.[D] B.sports new red D.new red sports C.new sports red A.red sports new
692. Unfortunately, his father ________ in the traffic accident yesterday. [B] B.was killed C.killed A.dead D.was dead 693. W aiter! _______? I can't eat this. It's too sweet. [C] A.OK B.All right C.Yes D.Pardon 694. We are disappointed to find that the quality of the products here _______ very poor.[C] B.have been A.to be D.being C.is
695. We are glad that we finally managed to get into contact ________ them.[D] C.from B.on D.with A.at
696. We are going to have a singing party tonight. Would you like to join us? _____[A] D.That's all set. A.I'm afraid not, because I have to go to an important meeting. B.Of course not. I have no idea. C.No, I can't.
697. We are going to have a singing party tonight. Would you like to join us? ________[A] A.I'm afraid not, because I have to go to an important meeting. C.No, I can't. B.Of course not. I have no idea. D.That's all set. 698. We are looking forward to ____the Beijing Olympics.[B] A.host C.be hosted D.be hosting B.hosting 699. We are nextdoor _______.[D] C.neighborhood D.neighbors A.neighborhoods B.neighbor 700. We are planning an outing. _________ Sure.[D] A.Where are you going? B.When will you leave? C.How is everything? D.Do you want to join us? 701. We are sure of winning the match. __. We'll meet at the match.[C] D.It's out of question C.Don't be so sure B.I think so A.So are we 702. We came finally _________ the conclusion that she has been telling lies all the time.[C] A.of B.into C.to D.at 703. We do not go to college _______ nothing.[B] B.for A.on D.in C.by 704. We go to the cinema ____ __ a week.[B] A.often B.once C.seldom http://m.wendangku.net/doc/abc0e264f111f18583d05ac8.htmlually 705. We have different approaches ______ gathering information.[D] A.for B.by C.through D.to
706. We moved to the front row _____we could hear and see better.[B] D.such that B.so that A.so as C.because
707. We need some toothpaste. ______ [B]
D.Let's go. B.Let's get some. A.Let's go to the bookstore. C.Let's buy them.
708. We often get ______when people cut in line.[B] C.to annoy B.annoyed A.annoying D.annoy 709. We really enjoy ourselves at the party. Thanks again, Mr. and Mrs. Brown.
_______. Just drop in whenever you feel like it.[B] D.With pleasure C.Nice you are here B.Nice having you here A.Our great honour 710. We saw him _______ the white building and go upstairs.[A] A.enter B.entering C.to enter D.entered 711. We should not look down ________ the poor people.[A] D.of A.upon B.at C.to 712. We think _______ highly probable that our plan will work out.[B] A.them B.it C.what D.that 713. We were all surprised when he made it clear that he _office soon.[B] B.would leave D.had left C.left A.leaves 714. We will have a ________holiday after the exam. [B] A.two month D.twomonths C.two month's B.twomonth 715. We'd like two Cokes, please. _________[A] C.Thank you. B.You must pay first. D.You are welcome. A.Small, medium or large? 716. －Welcome to Beijing! －_[A] A.Thank you. B.Oh, good. C.How do you do? D.That's all right.
717. Welcome to the party! _________ Thank you![C] A.Excuse me! B.I totally
agree with you. C.How pretty you are today! D.Which one do you prefer?
718. Well done and _______ Thank you
very much![B] B.congratulations to you. D.you are welcome. C.that's right. A.not at all.
719. Well done and _________. Thank you very much![B] A.not at all B.congratulations C.that's right D.you
720. Well done, Jim. You did very well in the high jump. _________.[C] A.I'm glad to hear that D.The same to you
C.Thank you B.That's right.
721. We'll go for a picnic if it
________tomorrow. [C] D.isn't raining
A.isn't going to rain
722. We'll have a basketball match this afternoon. ________. [A] D.It's nothing A.Good luck B.Never mind C.Yes, please
723. We'll hold a sports meeting if it _____rain tomorrow.[C] C.doesn't D.has B.isn't A.won't 724. Well, they got there last Wednesday. So about a week.[B] B.How long have
your parents been in Paris? A.When did your parents arrive in Paris? C.Did your parents arrive in Paris last Wednesday?
D.When will your parents go to Paris ？ 725. We've looked _______ for the keys we
lost.[D] A.in all places B.at all places C.over all D.everywhere 726. We've missed the last bus. I'm afraid we have no ________ but to take a taxi.[B] A.way B.choice C.possibility D.selection 727. What ___the population of the USA?[A] A.is B.are D.has C.have 728. What a beautiful dress you have on today! _________[D] A.It is suitable for me. B.No, it isn't. C.You want to have one, too? D.Thank you.
729. What a beautiful dress you've got! ― ____[D] D.Oh, thank you. C.That's great. B.That's all right. A.I agree with you. 730. What a beautiful house! Especially there are many __________.[C] C.pieces of furniture A.furniture D.pieces of furnitures B.furnitures 731. What about a dancing party this weekend? _______[C] C.Sounds great. D.You are all right. B.I've no idea. A.You can't do so. 732. What about having a drink? _______.
[A] C.Go ahead, please D.Me, too B.Help yourself A.Good idea 733. What are Johnson's family like? _______.[D] D.They are all warmhearted and helpful C.Oh, it's really a big one B.They all like sports and travel A.His family is just like mine 734. What are you going to do? _________[A] C.Thank you for asking me about it. A.I'm planning to go to the cinema with my friend. B.No, I'm not going to do it. D.Yes, I'll go. 735. What are you majoring in? _________[C] A.In a university. B.Very hard. C.Mathematics. D.At nine in the morning. 736. What can I do for you, madam? __[C] A.Thank you. B.You can't help me. C.I want to buy a camera. D.I'm glad to hear that. 737. What can I do for you, sir? _________[C] B.What's the matter? A.Thank you. D.Sorry, I have no idea. C.I'd like to have some money sent to the USA. 738. What can I do for you, sir? _[C] B.Nothing. A.Can you lend me some money? C.I want a pair of shoes. D.Whatever. 739. What can I do for you? _________.[A] A.No, thanks B.Of course not C.I agree not D.Sorry 740. What can I do for you ？ _____[A] A.I want a kilo of pears. B.You can do in your own way. C.Thanks. D.Excuse me. I'm busy. 741. What can I do for you? _________[B] D.The watch, please don't give me the pen. A.Let me have a watch. B.Could you show me the watch? C.Yes, you can. Give me the watch. 742. What day is it today? _________[D] A.It's March . B.It's a fine day today. C.It's March. D.It's Monday.
743. What day is today? _.[B] C.Today is fine D.Today is cold B.Today is Saturday A.Today is March th 744. What day is today? . [B] B.Today is Saturday C.Today is fine D.Today is cold A.Today is March th 745. What do you do on Sunday? _______[B] A.I 'm a teacher. D.They clean rooms. B.I play football. C.You are a student. 746. What do you do? _________[C] B.Fine, thank you. C.I'm a college student. D.I do well in my studies. A.What do you do? 747. What do you think of my new dress? ___________.[D] B.It's a birthday present for you C.You really need one D.It looks very good on you A.It's on sale 748. What do you think of the movie we saw last night? _________[B] A.The actress is bad. C.The theatre is bad. D.Nobody was there. B.Terrific! 749. What do you think of the song? ______.[A] A.It sounds sweet B.I like music very much D.It was a pleasure C.I don't know the title 750. What do you think of your new teacher?
_________[D] A.He came to teach us last week. B.He teaches us English. C.He has two children. D.He is very nice. 751. What do you want, Mary? _________[C] C.I'd like some red wine, please. D.No, I don't eat. B.Yes, I plan to go shopping. A.No, I want some water. 752. What does Peter do? _________[D] A.He's good at fixing things. B.He can speak good German. C.He does the washingup after supper. D.He's a language teacher. 753. What does Tom's wife do for a living? _________.[A] A.She is a doctor. B.Tom loves his wife. C.She has a happy life. D.She lives far from here. 754. What does your father do? ___________.[C] A.He is cleaning the street B.He is forty C.He is a farmer D.He is all right 755. What is she? _________[A] A.She is a typist. D.She is my sister. C.She is having a holiday. B.She is talking to her friend. 756. What is the train ______ to Birmingham?[C] A.fee B.tip C.fare D.cost 757. What is your eldest sister like? __.[C] B.She is ill C.She is tall A.She is happy D.She is at home 758. What time does our plane leave? _________[B] A.Saturday. B.Eight o'clock in the morning. http://m.wendangku.net/doc/abc0e264f111f18583d05ac8.htmlst week. D.This week. 759. What we have done is far from _______.[A] C.satisfaction A.satisfactory D.satisfy B.satisfied 760. What we need ______good textbooks. [A] A.is B.are C.have D.has 761. What will be the population of our country by the end of __________.[C] A.twentyone century D.twentyfirst century B.the twentyone century C.the twentyfirst century 762. What would you like to drink? _______[D] D.Orange juice, please. C.Well done, please. B.Very good. A.Anything wrong? 763. What would you like to drink? _________[C] D.I'm sorry. C.A glass of
milk, please. B.Be quick. A.Thanks a lot.
764. What would you like to have, meat or fish? _________.[A] D.No, they are not
my favorite A.Either will do B.Yes, I like meat C.Yes, I like fish
765. What's going on? ___________.[C] C.The theatre is on fire D.I'm going on telling the story A.No, we won't go on B.Let's go to have some drinks 766. What's happened to my library books? ____.[A] D.They are about long life C.You bought them yesterday B.You borrowed A.I have no idea
767. What's the matter with you?
_________[C] A.It doesn't matter. B.Not
too bad. C.I don't feel well. D.That's all
768. What's the matter, John?
_________[A] A.I failed my French test. B.It doesn't matter. C.Nothing's wrong
with him. D.I don't think I can.
769. What's the problem with your bike? _________[C]A.Not at all. B.Good, thank you. C.Nothing serious. D.Sure
770. What's the weather like today?
_________[A] A.It is very hot and humid.
B.It is Saturday and cold.
C.It is th July.
D.It is very serious.
771. －What's this in English? －_____ [A] A.It's a map. B.That is a map. C.Yes, it's a map. D.No, it isn't.
772. What's this in English? ______[A] A.It's a map. C.Yes, it's a map. B.This is a map. D.No,it isn't.
773. When are you going on holiday?
_________[B] B.Next week. C.By plane. http://m.wendangku.net/doc/abc0e264f111f18583d05ac8.htmlst night. D.With my brother. 774. When are you going to the show? ______ [D] http://m.wendangku.net/doc/abc0e264f111f18583d05ac8.htmlst night. B.I am. C.Yesterday. D.This evening. 775. When did you move to America? _________[A] D.This year. B.About three years. A.Three years ago. C.Next year. 776. When does your father get up every morning? He ____up at six.[C] C.gets D.will B.got A.get 777. When father was young, he ______from morning till night. [D] D.was made to work C.made to work B.was made working A.was made work 778. When I got home, my little brother was ________. [C] B.sleep C.asleep D.to
779. When I was a child, I enjoyed ________ picturebooks. [D] B.to read C.reads D.reading A.read
780. When Lily came home at p.m.
yesterday, her mother _______ dinner in the kitchen.[B] A.cooked B.was cooking C.cooks D.has cooked 781. When the lights turn red, the traffic ________ stop. [C] A.can B.may C.must D.needn't 782. When we write, we must write as ______as we can.[B] A.careful B.carefully D.more carefully C.more careful 783. When you can't follow your teacher, what will you say? I will say, "______"[B] D.What you said was nonsense. A.Can you say for a second time? B.Pardon? C.I don't understand anything. 784. When you find it difficult to communicate with others in English, please don't ______ trying to learn the language.[A] D.take up B.pick up C.put up A.give up 785. Where is Kate? _________[A] D.She is English. A.She's in England. C.She's a nurse in England. B.She's from London. 786. Where is Miss Smith? _________[B] C.She's not back. D.She's very well. A.She's from England. B.She's at home. 787. Where is Mr.Green? ______the library.[A] D.He's out A.He's gone to B.He's been to C.He isn't in 788. Where is the Loan Department, please? _________[B] B.This way, please. A.Who are you? D.What can I do for you? C.I don't want to say anything. 789. Which sweater do you like better? ________.[D] A.Good idea B.Yes, it's nice C.Yes, please D.I can't decide 790. While ________ for the bus at the bus station, I met an old friend of mine whom I haven't seen for years.[B] A.being waited B.waiting C.having waited D.waited 791. While I was in the university, I learned taking a photo, ____ is very useful now for me.[B] D.what A.it B.which C.that 792. Who else, _______ Mary, took part in the English speech contest?[A] A.besides B.additional C.except D.without 793. Who has done your hair ，Susan? _________.[B] B.That hair stylist C.My hairstyle is cool A.My hair has been done D.I have it cut 794. Who's ________, Jim, Jack or John? [D] B.taller A.tall C.much taller D.the tallest
795. Who's speaking? This is Tom .[C] A.speaks D.saying C.speaking B.spoken
796. Why did Mrs. Green go to the travel agency? _________[D] A.By car. D.For some information about travel. B.Yesterday afternoon. C.In New York. 797. Why didn't you come to my birthday party yesterday? ________[D] B.Fine, I never go to birthday parties. D.Sorry, but my wife had a car accident. C.Ha…ha, I like swimming. A.Excuse me, my friend sent me a flower. 798. Why didn't you tell me? _________[A] C.I don't know. A.Sorry, I forgot. D.I'd love to. B.I'm sorry you should wait. 799. Why he did it will remain a _______ for ever.[D] A.strange B.pass C.public D.puzzle 800. Why not ________ boating with us in the park? [C] C.go A.to go D.goes B.going 801. Why not ______and do some outdoor activities?[B] C.to go out D.going out B.go out A.goes out 802. Why not go and have dinner in a restaurant? ___________. It's too expensive.[C] D.I'm sure C.I'm afraid not B.I agree A.Why not 803. Why not join us in the game? __.[A] A.OK! I'm coming B.No, you do the same C.Oh, that's all right D.Don't mention it 804. Will you be free tomorrow morning? ___________.[C] D.No, I'll have no time A.No, I'll be busy B.What is the matter? C.I'm sorry I won't be free then 805. Will you join us for lunch? _________. [B] D.Yes, help yourself A.No, I won't B.Yes, with pleasure C.Yes, please 806. Will you please give the note to him? __.[A] B.No, please not D.Yes, please do C.Sorry, I don't A.Certainly, I'll give it to him 807. Will you_________ me a favor, please?[A] C.bring B.make A.do D.give 808. Wish you a happy holiday. ___________[D] A.I hope so. D.Thank you, the same to you. B.You are so kind. C.Thank you, do you? 809. With a good command of reading skills, most students can manage to read _______as they could the year before.[D] C.as twice as fast B.as fast as twice A.as twice fast D.twice as fast 810. Would you be able to go to the party? ______.[B] A.I don't expect B.I'm afraid not D.I believe not C.I don't think so 811. Would you be interested in seeing a film tonight? _______[C] A.Not at all. B.Are you sure? D.You're welcome. C.Great! I'd love to.
812. Would you go to the concert with me?
_, but I'm very busy now.[A] C.No problem B.Sure A.I'd like to
813. Would you let _____ to the park with my classmate, Mum?[A] C.I go B.me going D.I going A.me go
814. Would you like a bag of rice? Yes. I have ______ rice at home.[B] A.some B.little C.a little D.any
815. Would you like some more coffee?
___________.[C] B.No, I wouldn't
C.No, thank you A.Yes. I would
816. Would you like some more coffee? There's still ______ left.[A] A.a little B.little C.a few D.few
817. Would you like some more rice?
___________, but I'm quite full.[A] D.I like some B.Certainly not A.That's very
kind of you C.I need no more
818. Would you like some more? _______. I'm full.[D] A.Yes, please B.I'd love to C.No, I wouldn't D.No, thanks
819. Would you like some tea, Mary?
__________．[C] C.Yes. please B.I'd like D.Yes. I will A.Yes, I'd like 820. Would you like something to drink? What about a cup of tea? _________[A]A.No, thanks. B.No, I wouldn't. C.Yes, I want. D.Yes, I like. 821. Would you like to come to my birthday party next? Oh, thanks a lot. _________.[C] A.Yes, please B.Yes, I would C.I'd love to D.I've no idea 822. Would you like to go to a concert this evening? _________[A] A.OK. Let's go. D.Not bad. C.But I have nothing else to do. B.You are welcome. 823. Would you like to go to the concert with us this evening? ________[B] D.I'm ill, so I shouldn't go out. A.No, I already have plans. B.I'd love to, but I'm busy tonight. C.No, I really don't like being with you. 824. Would you like to go to the party with me? ___________.[C] A.I'm afraid so B.No, I'm sorry not C.I'm afraid not D.It's my pleasure
825. Would you like to join me for a quick lunch before class? ______, but I promised Tom to go out with him.[A] C.I don't B.I like it A.I'd love to D.I will 826. Would you like to see a film? _________[A] D.How do you do? A.Yes, I'd love to. C.No, you like it? B.Do it, please. 827. Would you like to see the film with me tonight? ______.[C] D.That's right
C.Yes, I'd love to B.No, I don't A.Not at all 828. Would you mind changing seats with me? ________[C]
D.Certainly, please do. C.No, I don't mind. B.Of course, I like to. A.Yes, you can. 829. Would you mind changing seats with me? _____[C] B.Of course, I like to. C.No, I don't mind. D.Certainly, please do. A.Yes, you can. 830. Would you mind if I turned the radio up? ______ [B] C.No, thank you. A.Yes, please. B.No, go right ahead. D.Yes, that's all right. 831. Would you mind if I use your car? Of course not. _.[C] D.I have no car C.It's over there A.I'm sorry I can't B.I'm afraid not 832. Would you please pass me the salt? ___________.[D] D.Certainly. Here you are C.Here they are A.Give you B.No salt 833. Would you please show me your bankbook? _________[B] A.Sorry, I have no idea. B.Here you are. http://m.wendangku.net/doc/abc0e264f111f18583d05ac8.htmle with me. D.Yes, I'd like to. 834. Would you rather come on Friday or Saturday? ______.[D] C.It doesn't matter D.Friday B.No, thanks A.Yes, of course 835. Wouldn't it be _______wonderful world if all nations lived in _______peace with one another?[A] A.a; / B.the; / C.a; the D.the; the 836. Wow! This is a marvelous room! I've never known you're so artistic. ______[C] C.Thanks for your compliments. A.Great, I am very artconscious. B.Don't mention it.
D.It's fine. 837. Write to me when you get home. OK, I _______.[C] A.must B.should C.will D.can 838. Wu Dong was _______tired that he couldn't keep his eyes open.[D] B.much C.such A.too D.so 839. Y esterday was _______ day that we decided to go swimming.[C] A.such beautiful B.so beautiful C.such a beautiful D.a so beautiful 840. You _____do that, if you don't want to. [C] A.won't D.shouldn't B.mustn't C.needn't 841. You are late! The discussion started minutes ago. _________[C] A.Well, I don't care. B.Don't blame me. C.I am really sorry. D.That's great. 842. You can take as many as you like because these handouts are free of _______.[B] C.money A.fare D.pay B.charge 843. You had better ________ a doctor as soon as possible.[C] A.seeing B.saw C.see D.seen 844. You have a good voice. ___________.[A] D.My voice isn't good C.Just so so B.Not at all A.Thank you 845. You have caught a bad cold so you _______ stay in bed now.[A] B.need D.shall C.have A.must 846. You have finished the work, _____you?[A] D.do C.don't B.have A.haven't 847. You haven't been to Beijing, have you? . How I wish to go there.[A] C.No, I have B.Yes, I have A.No, I haven't D.Yes, I haven't 848. You haven't paid for it yet. _________[A] A.Oh, I'm really very sorry. B.Thank you. C.Not at all. D.Of course, I know. 849. You look great in this dress! _________[C] A.You can't wear it. D.You are welcome. C.Thank you.
B.It's not very expensive.
850. You look nice in white. _________.[A]
B.No, I am far from it.
C.Don't mention it
A.Thank you D.Not at all
851. You needn't make such a funny noise,
_______?[C] A.don't you B.doesn't
it C.need you D.need it
852. You shouldn't _______ your time like
that, Bob; you have to finish your school
work tonight.[C] D.kick C.kill B.do
853. You speak English very well. .[C]
A.No, not at all
B.My English is not good
D.No, you speak better than
I 854. You speak English well.
_________.[A] D.Certainly A.Thank
you for saying so C.No, I don't speak well
enough B.I don't think so
855. You speak very good English.
_________[C] C.Thank you very much.
D.You are good. B.No, not good. A.Just
856. You will soon _______ the weather
here, and then the changes in temperature
will not trouble you much.[A] A.get used
to B.get over C.get to D.get on
857. You______to the meeting this
afternoon if you have something important
to do.[D] D.needn't come C.don't need
coming B.don't need come A.needn't to
858. You'd better ______in bed. It's bad for
your eyes. [B] C.don't read B.not read
A.not to read D.read
859. You'd better go and ask Mr. Wang. He
_________know how to use this
machine.[B] B.may C.would D.could A.can
860. You'll find this map of great _______in helping you to get around Beijing.[C] A.price http://m.wendangku.net/doc/abc0e264f111f18583d05ac8.htmleful C.value B.cost 861. Your dress is very beautiful. ____ I bought it yesterday.[D] D.Thank you.
C.Just soso, I think. B.Oh, really? A.Oh,
862. Your father likes playing golf, he's really enthusiastic _______it. [B] A.by
863. Your garden is very beautiful. __________.[A] B.Congratulations C.Yes, it is D.No, it isn't A.Thank you 864. Your handwriting is very good. _.[B] A.No, no B.Thank you D.Yes, it is C.That's all right
865. You've caught a cold. You'd better _______to school.[C] C.not go A.go B.to go D.not to go