1. The whole nation watched the two candidates (arguing，debating) the issue of raising taxes on TV.
Argue：(transitive) to state，giving clear reasons，that something is true，should be done etc
Debate：(transitive) to discuss a subject formally when you are trying to make
a decision or find a solution
2. It was a (proud，arrogant) moment for my cousin when she shook hands with the President.
Proud：feeling pleased about something that you have done or something that you own，or about someone or something you are involved with or related to
Arrogant：behaving in an unpleasant or rude way because you think you are more important than other people
3. Even if you (mix，blend) oil and water，they will not (mix，blend)。
Mix：if you mix two or more substances or if they mix，they combine to become a single substance，and they cannot be easily separated
Blend：to combine different things in a way that produces an effective or pleasant result，or to become combined in this way
4. Some people watch television so much that they cannot (conceive，imagine) of living without it.
Conceive：(formal) to imagine a particular situation or to think about something in a particular way
Imagine; to form a picture or idea in your mind about what something could be like
5. As it was an informal dinner，most people (wore，were dressed) in their comfortable clothes.
Wear：[transitive] to have something such as clothes，shoes，or jewellery on your body
Dress：to put clothes on yourself or someone else (一般跟IN搭配)
6. Do you think those young people are (idealistic，ideal) or pragmatic?