1.At the sight of the general walking towards him, he got to his feet at once and
2.“What is this money for?” “It’s for helping those children who have lost the
chance of schooling to return to school again.”
3.The knock at my door last night sent my quivering with fright.
4.I can assure you that he is a most reliable person.
5.Everybody hopes that he will take over as dean of the department when Mr.
6.She tried her best to hide her feelings, but her eyes betrayed her longing for the
7.It is said that people increase their risk of skin cancer if they are exposed to the
sun too much.
I prefer spring to autumn though I love both seasons.
2. I believe that electric cars will one day supplant petrol-driven ones.
3. They w arned him of the danger of climbing the Himalayas, but he wouldn’t listen.
4. The teacher told his students that their future prospects hinged on their education.
5. Everybody thinks that she deserved Best Actress award of the Year.
6. Every time the girl came across a problem, she would turn to her mother for a solution, rather than trying to solve it herself.
7. After her husband died, she continued to nurture her three daughters.
8. It seems that a lot of people learn English less as a practical language than for its grammar.
1. In the traditional Chinese opera, The White Snake who comes down to the earth in the shape of a beautiful girl and falls in love with Xuxian to whom she gets married later.
2. She feels dizzy at the sight of blood.
3. He kept drowsing in class this morning.
4. He related the whole story of the long-standing dispute between the two families.
5. She would burst into tears at the thought of her child killed in a traffic accident.
6. It dawned on me that he was actually trying to help me.
7. The cave for the three of them to hide in was no more than two meters high.
1.Did James have supper with you on the night in question?
2.The coach was satisfied with the ultimate victory of the match.
3.To remove the linguistic barriers in communication among the peoples of the
world, linguists have embarked on the study of a new universal language.
4.The emergence of joint-venture enterprises has increased our opportunities to