第一课Face to face with Hurricane Camille
1. Each and every plane must be checked out thoroughly before taking off.
2. The residents were firmly opposed to the construction of a waste incineration plant in their neighborhood because they were deeply concerned about the plant’s emissions polluting the air.
3. Investment in ecological projects in this area mounted up to billions of Yuan.
4. The dry riverbed was strewn with rocks of all sizes.
5. Although war caused great losses to this country, its cultural traditions did not perish.
6. To make space for modern high rises, many ancient buildings with ethnic cultural features had to be demolished.
7. In the earthquake the main structures of most of the poor-quality houses disintegrated.
8. His wonderful dream vanished into the air despite his hard efforts to achieve his goals.他为实现自己的目标付出了最大努力,但最后美好的梦想还是化成了泡影。
第二课Hiroshima-the “Liveliest” City in Japan
1. There is not a soul in the hall. The meeting must have been put off.
2. That modern construction looks very much like a flying saucer.
3. Sichuan dialect sounds much the same as Hubei dialect. It is sometimes difficult to tell one from the other.
4. The very sight of the monument reminds me of my good friend who was killed in the battle.