文档库 最新最全的文档下载
当前位置:文档库 › 综英1课后翻译答案中英对照

综英1课后翻译答案中英对照

综英1课后翻译答案中英对照
综英1课后翻译答案中英对照

新编大学英语综合教程翻译答案

Unit One

1.当我知道了详细情况时,我意识到我不该在办公室发脾气。

When I knew the details I realized that I should not have lost my temper in the office.

2. 我和鲍勃不是很熟,不过我们偶尔一起出去喝一杯

I don't/didn't know Bob very well,but we go/went out for an occasional drink together

3. 会议应该在周二召开,但我们不得不推迟。

The meeting is supposed to take place on Tuesday, but we have to postpone it/ put it off.

4. 我们政府采取行动使那个国家的所有中国人回到了祖国。

Our government took action to bring/ get all the Chinese in that country back to China.

5. 包括周末在内,仅仅还有12天时间可以用来买圣诞礼物

Including weekends, there are only twelve more days to buy Christmas presents/ gifts.

6. 如果不立即采取行动,许多野生动物就会因饥饿而死亡

Without immediate action, many kinds of wild animals would die from hunger.

Unit Three

1. 除非你有经验,否则你得不到这份工作

You won’t get the job unless you have got the experience.

2. 我把大部分的时间都花在研究中美文化的差异上了

Most of my time is spent studying the differences between Chinese and American cultures./ I spent most of my time studying the differences …

3. 这句话意思极清楚,决不会引起误解

The statement/sentence is so clear that it can't cause any misunderstanding.

4. 他希望能够给予她比现在更多的帮助

He wishes he could give her more help than he does now.

5. 要记得邀请她来参加生日晚会,不然她会抱怨的。

Remember to invite her to the birthday party or she would complain.

6. 主任说:“你必须把购置设备的2,500美元加到成本中去。”

“You have to add 2,500 dollars for equipment purchase/ buying equipment to the cost.” Said the director.

7. 了解自己的长处、弱点以及所处的环境很重要。

It is important to be aware of your strength and weakness and the environment you are in.

8. 如果你继续对每个人这么粗鲁,你很快就会发现自己什么朋友都没了

You will soon find yourself without any friends at all if you keep on being so rude to everybody.

Unit Four

1.做出贡献的人太多了,无法一一提及。

The individuals who have contributed/ made contributions are far too many /

numerous to mention.

2. 半夜里那嘈杂声把我们弄醒了

The noise woke us up in the middle of the night.

3. 他不该对我说的话表示生气,那仅仅是个玩笑而已

He should not have been angry at what I said. It was nothing more than a joke

4. 我们邀请了所有的朋友去野餐,但是由于下雨只来了其中五位.

We invited all our friends to the picnic but it rained and only five of them showed up.

5. 婚姻被视为一件为严肃的事情

Marriage is viewed as a serious matter.

6. 令我失望的是,这部电影并不像我期待的那么好

To my disappointment ,the movie didn’t live up to my expectations.

Unit Six

1. Alice的努力工作使他得到了一大笔奖金

Alice’s hard work resulted in a big bonus for her.

2.飞机马上就要起飞了,我们要系好安全带。

The plane is going to take off, and we have to fasten our safety belts.

3. 博物馆向公众开放的第一天,总共有20000人前来参观

A total of 20000 people visited the museum on the first day when it was open to the public.

4.事故调查由10名专家组成,由一位副部长担任组长。

The accident investigation team consisted of 10 experts, with a vice minister as the team leader.

5.整个下午,他锁着实验室的门在里面做他的项目。

All the afternoon, he worked on his project with the door locked.

Unit 9

1. 演讲的主题已提前一星期宣布,而主讲人的名字则没有

The topic of the speech was announced a week in advance, but the name of the speaker was not.

2.居然还有学生在考试之前踢足球,这似乎令人难以置信

It seemed incredible that some students still played football before the exams.

3. Auden先生是一个快乐的人,他从帮助别人中获得乐趣

Mr.Auden is a happy man who derives pleasure from helping others

1.大多数人都已经意识到需要减少能源消耗。

Most people are aware of / have realized the need to reduce energy consumption.

2.首先,你必须有明确的目标,然后有一个切实可行的计划。

First of all, you must have clear goals and then a practical plan.

3.我不习惯于这样的奢侈,这是在浪费金钱

I’m not accustomed to such luxury.It’s a waste of money.

7. 考试结果将于周五下午张贴出来

The results of the exam will be put up on Friday afternoon.

8. 一些残酷的动物实验是以科学的名义进行的

Some cruel experiments on animals are carried out in the name of science.

英语课后翻译答案新

U n i t1 1. 任何年满18岁的人都有资格投票。(be eligible to, vote) Anyone over the age of 18 is eligible to vote. 2. 每学期开学前,这些奖学金的申请表格就会由学校发给每一个学生。(apply for, scholarship) A form to apply for these scholarships is sent by the university to every student before the start of every semester. 3. 遵照医生的建议,我决定戒烟。(on the advice of) On the advice of my doctor, I decided to give up smoking. 4. 公园位于县城的正中央。(be located in) The park is located right in the center of town. 5. 这所大学提供了我们所需的所有材料和设备。(facilities) The university provides all the materials and facilities we desire. 1. 他们花了多年的时间寻找内心的平静,但是收效甚微。(search for) They spent many years searching for peace of mind, but with little success. 2. 这种新药的成功研制已经使许多疾病的治疗发生了根本性的变革。

综英第六册课后翻译参考答案

综英第六册课后翻译参考答案 Unit 1 1.这项计划为智力迟钝者提供长期的照顾。 The program offers long-term care for the mentally retarded. 2.他有一台又粗笨有庞大的旧电脑,速度慢,使用麻烦。 He’s got a cumbersome, bulky, old computer—it’s slow and complicated to use. 3. 他沿着房间后部慢慢移动,尽量不引起别人注意。 He tried not to look conspicuous and moved slowly along the back of the room. 4. 安装一个不同的计算机系统将会导致巨大的变化。 It would cause a tremendous upheaval to install a different computer system. 5. 她再次与金牌失之交臂。 The gold medal continues to elude her. 6. 你真是个傻瓜,竟然没抓住这么好的机会。 You’d be a fool not to embrace an opportunity as good as that. 7.她的薪水将猛增10%。 Her salary will go up by a hefty 10%.

8.我草草的留了张纸条给希拉里,塞在门缝底下。 I scrawled a quick note to Hilary and put it under her door. 9.她的办公室视野极佳。 There’s a smashing view from her office. 10 去那儿旅行很愉快,只是旅馆有些脏兮兮的。 The trip out there was swell, but the hotel was a bit crummy. Unit 2 1.这家公司是由几名有事业心的年轻人创立的。 The company was started by a couple of enterprising young men. 2.他是前重量级冠军,预计会轻松地拿下这场拳击赛。 He’s a former heavyweight champion and is expected to win the bout easily. 3.为写此书,投入了许多小时一丝不苟的前期准备。 Many hours of meticulous preparation have gone into writing the book. 4.她从头到脚穿一身黑。 She was attired from head to foot in black. 5.我节衣缩食整整一年,为的是攒我们去度假的钱。

英语翻译答案

汉译英 1.广场舞是社区中老年居民以健身、社交等为目的在广场、公园等开敞的地方进行的健身操或舞蹈,通常以高分贝的音乐伴奏。广场舞在中国大陆无论南北皆十分普遍。对于广场舞的确切认识,社会学界及体育界目前均未达成共识。广场舞的高分贝音乐常常造成噪音滋扰,因此许多居民反对在小区中跳广场舞。 The square dancing is a bodybuilding exercise or dance performed in wide and open places such as squares and parks among the middle-aged and old residents in communities, with the purpose of bodybuilding, socializing and so on, generally accompanied with high-pitched music. The square dancing is very popular all over mainland China, whether in the north or in the south. Neither the sociological circle nor the sports circle has currently reached a consensus on the exact perception of the square dancing. The high-pitched music of the square dancing often causes noisy disruption, and therefore many residents are opposed to the square dancing in communities. 2.故宫,又称紫禁城,是明、清两代的皇宫,二十四位皇帝在此生活起居和处理政务。它是世界现存最大、最完整的木质结构的古建筑群(architectural complex)。宫殿墙壁的色调以红色和黄色为主,红色代表快乐、好运和财富,而黄色代表帝王的神圣和尊贵。近十几年来,故宫平均每年接待中外游客600-800万人次,随着旅游业的繁荣,游客人数有增无减,可见人们对故宫的兴趣长盛不衰。 The Imperial Palace, also known as the Forbidden City, was the palace in Ming and Qing Dynasties where 24 emperors lived and handled government affairs. It is the largest and most complete existing ancient wooden architectural complex in the world. The palace wall was painted mainly in red and yellow. Red represents happiness, luck and fortune while yellow symbolizes imperial holiness and dignity. In recent decades, the Imperial Palace is visited annually by six to eight million tourists at home and abroad. Moreover, with flourishing tourism industry, the number of tourists keeps increasing. It shows people’s everlasting and unfading interest in the Imperial Palace. 3.《新闻联播》是中国中央电视台(CCTV)每日播出的一个新闻节目。节目每次播出时长一般为30分钟。它被中国大陆大多数地方频道同时转播,这使得它成为世界上收看人数最多的节目之一。自从1978年1月1日首次播出以来,它就以客观、生动、丰富的纪实手段记录着中华大地每一天的变化。作为中国官方新闻资讯类节目,《新闻联播》以沉稳、庄重的风格著称。 Xinwen Lianbo is a news program broadcast by China Central Television (CCTV) every day. It generally takes 30 minutes every time to broadcast the program. It is relayed simultaneously by most local television channels in the mainland of China, which makes it one of the world’s most-watched programs. Since it was first broadcast on January 1st, 1978, it has been recording the changes of every day throughout China by documentary means that is objective, vivid and rich. As the Chinese official news information program, Xinwen Lianbo is well-known for its

英语课后翻译答案

1. 任何年满18岁的人都有资格投票。(be eligible to, vote) Anyone over the age of 18 is eligible to vote. 2. 每学期开学前,这些奖学金的申请表格就会由学校发给每一个学生。(apply for, scholarship) A form to apply for these scholarships is sent by the university to every student before the start of every semester. 3. 遵照医生的建议,我决定戒烟。(on the advice of) On the advice of my doctor, I decided to give up smoking. 4. 公园位于县城的正中央。(be located in) The park is located right in the center of town. 5. 这所大学提供了我们所需的所有材料和设备。(facilities) The university provides all the materials and facilities we desire. 1. 他们花了多年的时间寻找内心的平静,但是收效甚微。(search for) They spent many years searching for peace of mind, but with little success. 2. 这种新药的成功研制已经使许多疾病的治疗发生了根本性的变革。(revolutionize) The successful development of the new drug has revolutionized the treatment of many diseases. 3. 由于这个国家的经济不景气,这家公司濒于破产。(on the edge of) The company is on the edge of bankruptcy due to the economic depression in the country. 4. 大学毕业后他成为了一名护士。他认为护士这一职业可能很有发展前途。(rewarding) He became a nurse after college. He thought nursing could be a very rewarding career. 5. 他像往常一样在文件上签了名。(just as) He signed his name on the paper just as he has always done it.

综英4 课文翻译

Key to Translation(Page 187) 1. She seems to take little pleasure in doing such things. 2. The professor told us that the tradition of landscape painting could date from the prehistoric age. 3. After attending the lecture of the famous writer, he decided to give up medicine and take to literature. 4. Let’s dispense with the formalities and go directly into the discussion. 5. These animals run extraordinarily fast and in consequence their hunting methods are very efficient indeed. 6. The police searched every house in the district for the escaped criminal, but to no avail. 7. Parents tend to take very great pride in the achievements of their children. Key to Translation (Page 206) 1.Many developing countries, after independence, were afflicted with economic problems to begin with. 2. In order to protect domestic industries, the government decided to impose anti-dumping tariff on imported products. 3. Knowledge without practical experience counts for little. 4. Thousands of people were forced to abandon their homes to the invading enemy troops. 5. I’ve lived in Shanghai so long that I’ve looked upon the city as my second hometown. 6. The roof will have to be propped up while repairs are being carried out. 7. In (the) face of great hardship, he managed to keep his sense of humor. Key to Translation (Page 230) 1. They usually leave off work at 5 o’clock, but today they have to work overtime. 2. All the museums and art galleries in the city are open to the public for free / free of charge. 3. It’s very discouraging to be sneered at by them all the time. 4. She has been a little run down lately and the doctor has advised her to take a short holiday. 5. The whole city is bathed in a sea of joy today. 6. It’s very dark outside, and the sky is covered, as it were, with a black curtain. 7. I booked two film tickets by phone yesterday in the name of Thomas. Key to Translation (Page 309) 1. The tourists cheered with excitement when they saw water cascading down the mountainside. 2. Owing to the policy of reform, the small town is thriving day by day. 3. Could you read through this for me and highlight the important points? 4. At times I wonder if rote learning is worthwhile. 5. The superstitions that used to prevail in Old China are disappearing gradually. 6. Thanks to the improvement in export sales, the company has successfully fulfilled its marketing plan.

综英3课后翻译答案说课讲解

综英3课后翻译答案

综英3课后答案 Unit 1 Fresh start Vocabulary. 1. Explain the underlined part in each sentence in your own words. (1) I had just the feeling of a newcomer to college without the strength only an experienced student might possess. (2) My apparent confidence. (3) Some food to appease my hunger. (4) Going with the tide of the majority was no longer crucial to your success. (5) Foolish and glaring mistakes. 2. Fill in the blank in each sentence with a word taken from the box in the proper form. (1) distress; (2) clutched; (3) pose; (4) sneaked; (5) preoccupation; (6) shackles; (7) curse; (8) deliberation. 3. Fill in the blanks with the appropriate forms of the given words. (1) assure; (2) discretion; (3) relaxation; (4) humiliation; (5) strategy; (6) embarrassment; (7) maneuverable; (8) immaturity. 4. Fill in the blank in each sentence with an appropriate phrasal verb or collocation taken from the text. (1) lived up to; (2) headed for; (3) seek out; (4) has broken out; (5)grope for; (6) trying …on; (7) go out to; (8) tipped off. 5. Give a synonym or an antonym of the word underlined in each sentence in the sense it is used. (1) vague (indistinct); (2) inconspicuously (unobtrusively); (3) self-restraint (self-control); (4) clever (intelligent,sensible); (5) manner (behavior); (6) excited (agitated); (7) sneak; (8) mature (sophisticated). 6. Explain the underlined phrasal verbs in your own words. (1) became popular; (2) respect;(3) keep up; (4) lead to; (5)understand; (6) found; (7) use; (8) start Grammer. 1. combine each nominal clause in Column A with … 1~ 4 CDBF 5~8 AEHG 2. Rewrite the following sentences… (1) My decision to resign was wise. (2) Their readiness to accept the peace agreement really surprised the diplomatic world.

汉译英答案3

汉英语篇翻译练习答案: 1.Retirement Attitudes toward retirement vary from person to person. Some people think that they will enjoy their time in retirement, but when it comes they may feel a little disappointed. Unwilling to resign themselves to the prospect of being put on the scrap heap, they try to seek alternative outlets for their energies and alternative sources of income that employment can provide. Others have already prepared themselves for the significant change in their lives. Tired out after all exhaus ting life revolving around work, they are anxious to relax in retirement with all the strains relieved. As there is no more need to rush to catch a morning bus and no more anxiety about promotion, they now have enough time to fulfill an old dream, such as writing, painting, growing flowers and traveling around. On the whole, female workers tend to have a more favorable attitude towards retirement than male workers. Withdrawal from employment to complete domesticity is a far less threatening experience for a woman than for a man. 2. Good-bye, My Ill-fated Motherland! The moment I set foot on the deck of the ship, there began my temporary separation from Chinese oil and a feeling of parting sorrow welled up in my heart. At sailing time, I stood on deck watching the ship receding slowly from the bank until I was out of sight of the towering waterfront buildings and the foreign warships on the Huangpu River. Thereupon I turned round with hot tears in my eyes, murmuri ng, “Good-bye, my ill-fated motherland!” Good-bye, my ill-fated motherland! I own what I am to the upbringing you have given me during the past 22 years. I have spent every day of my life in your warm bosom and under your loving care. Y ou have given me joy and sorrow as well as food and clothing. This is where my close relatives were born and brought up and where I have friends here and there. Y ou gave me a wide variety of happiness in my early childhood, but you have also been the source of my sorrow ever since I began to understand things. Here I have witnessed all sorts of human tragedy. Here I have come to know the times we live in. Here I have undergone untold sufferings. I have been struggling, fighting and, time and again, found myself on the brink of destruction and covered all over with cuts and bruises. I have laid to rest, with tears and sighs, some of my close relatives—relatives victimized by old feudal ethnics. Here, besides beautiful mountains and rivers and fertile farmland, we have ghastly prisons and execution grounds as well. Here bad people hold sway while good people suffer and justice is trodden down underfoot. Here people have to wage a savage struggle in order to win freedom. Here man eats man. O the numerous terrible scenes! O the numerous sad memories! O the grand Y ellow River! O the mysterious Y angtze River! Where on earth are your glories of the past? O my native land! O my people! How can I have the heart to leave you! Good-bye, my ill-fated motherland! Much as I hate you, I’ve got to love you as ever. (选自《英语世界》2004年第三期,张培基译)

综英翻译课后练习翻译

BOOK2 1.我不喜欢上火车站给人送行。(see…off) I don’t like to see people off at the railway station. 2.公司星期一晚上为你举办告别晚会,七点半有车到旅馆来接你。(pick up) The company is giving a farewell party for you on Monday evening. A car will pick you up at your hotel at half past seven. 3.她太激动了,情不自禁地热烈拥抱我。(give…an embrace) She was so excited that she couldn’t help giving me a warm embrace. 4. 我从未摆脱局外人的感觉。(out of place) I never succeed in overcoming the sense of being out of place. 5. 她环视房间,想看看谁在那儿。(glance) She glanced round the room to see who was there. 6. 他的大鞋子看起来像只小船。(look like) His big shoes look like small boats. 7. 你应该把鸡蛋搅进面粉,而不是反过来做。(fold into) You should fold the eggs into the flour instead of doing it in the opposite way. 1.他认为他们之间的婚姻只不过是个交易而已。(no more than) He thinks that the marriage between them is no more than a business deal. 2.他把身上的钱花了个精光。(use up) He used up all the money he had. 3.这位年轻人从水里把你女儿救了出来。(save …from) The young man saved your daughter from drowning. 4.她是在无处可去,于是就呆在家里看看旧书。(nowhere to) She had absolutely nowhere to go, so she read some old books at home. 5.“我能成为像杰夫(Geoff)那样的好球员吗?”“也许可能,不过离那一天还早着呢。”(a long way to go) “Will I ever be as good a player as Geoff?” “Perhaps, but you still have a long way to go before that day comes.” 6.他那份工作看样子干不长了。(in danger of) He is in danger of losing his job. 7.工厂雇佣童工的情况在许多国家已绝迹了。(die out) The practice of employing children to work in factories has nearly died out in many countries. 1.天开始下雨,她走向附近的一个避雨所。(make for) It started raining, so she made for the nearest shelter. 2.她挑了一顶帽子,正好配她的衣服。(pick out) She picked out a cap to match her dress. 3. 我等了一个小时,可还是没见他的人影。(show up) I waited for an hour, but he didn’t show up. 4. 他们觉得还是呆在原地好。(figure)

综英精读3课后翻译答案

Unit 1 1.He is so devoted to his research that it never occurs to him that he will soon have to retire. 2.Many people have observed that, without effective checks, we all have a tendency to abuse our power. 3.Some countries refuse to get involved in this dispute and they resent any foreign interference. 4.The control of sand storms will involve a tremendous amount of work and money. 5.You have to take the local conditions into consideration when you apply these technologies. 6.All applicants will have to fill out these forms and mail in an application fee of 50 dollars. 7.Based on his careful observation of children’s behavior, he came to the conclusion that learning is a natural pleasure. 8.In a country of many nationalities, ethnic harmony requires very careful handling. 9.The government is determined to punish all the corrupt officials involved. 10.C heating at/on exams does not occur very often. But when it does, the school takes a very tough position. Unit 3

新视野大学英语读写教程2汉译英翻译题及答案

1. 她连水都不愿喝一口,更别提留下来吃饭了。(much less) 2. 他认为我在对他说谎,但实际上我讲的是实话。(whereas) 3. 这个星期你每天都迟到,对此你怎么解释?(account for) 4. 他们利润增长的部分原因是采用了新的市场策略。(due to) 5. 这样的措施很可能会带来工作效率的提高。(result in) 5. 这样的措施很可能会带来工作效率的提高。(result in) 6. 我们已经在这个项目上投入了大量时间和精力,所以我们只能继续。(pour into) Unit2 1. 尽管她是家里的独生女,她父母也从不溺爱她。(despite) 2. 迈克没来参加昨晚的聚会,也没给我打电话作任何解释。(nor) 3. 坐在他旁边的那个人确实发表过一些小说,但决不是什么大作家。(next to; by no means) 4. 他对足球不感兴趣,也从不关心谁输谁赢。(be indifferent to) 5. 经理需要一个可以信赖的助手,在他外出时,由助手负责处理问题。(count on) 6. 这是他第一次当着那么多观众演讲。(in the presence of sb.) Unit3 1. 你再怎么有经验,也得学习新技术。(never too... to...) 2. 还存在一个问题,那就是派谁去带领那里的研究工作。(Use an appositional structure) 3. 由于文化的不同,他们的关系在开始确实遇到了一些困难。(meet with) 4. 虽然他历经沉浮,但我始终相信他总有一天会成功的。(ups and downs; all along) 5. 我对你的说法的真实性有些保留看法。(have reservations about) 6. 她长得并不特别高,但是她身材瘦,给人一种个子高的错觉。(give an illusion of) Unit4 1. 有朋自远方来,不亦乐乎?(Use "it" as the formal subject) 2. 不管黑猫白猫,能抓住老鼠就是好猫。(as long as) 3. 你必须明天上午十点之前把那笔钱还给我。(without fail) 4. 请允许我参加这个项目,我对这个项目非常感兴趣。(more than + adjective) 5. 人人都知道他比较特殊:他来去随意。(be free to do sth.) 6. 看她脸上不悦的神色,我觉得她似乎有什么话想跟我说。(feel as though) Unit5 1. 他说话很自信,给我留下了很深的印象。(Use "which" to refer back to an idea or situation) 2. 我父亲太爱忘事,总是在找钥匙。(Use "so... that..." to emphasize the degree of something) 3. 我十分感激你给我的帮助。(be grateful for) 4. 光线不足,加上地面潮湿,使得驾驶十分困难。(coupled with) 5. 由于缺乏资金,他们不得不取消了创业计划。(starve of) 6. 每当有了麻烦,他们总是依靠我们。(lean on) Unit6 1. 就像机器需要经常运转一样,身体也需要经常锻炼。(as... so...) 2. 在美国学习时,他学会了弹钢琴。(while + V-ing) 3. 令我们失望的是,他拒绝了我们的邀请。(turn down) 4. 真实情况是,不管是好是坏,随着新科技的进步,世界发生了变化。(for better or worse) 5. 我班里的大多数女生在被要求回答问题时都似乎感到不自在。(ill at ease) 6. 当地政府负责运动会的安全。(take charge of)Unit7

英语课后翻译答案

Unit1 1、任何年满18岁得人都有资格投票。(be eligible to, vote) Anyone over the age of 18 is eligible to vote、 2、每学期开学前,这些奖学金得申请表格就会由学校发给每一个学生。(apply for, scholarship) A form to apply for these scholarships is sent by the university to every student before the start of every semester、 3、遵照医生得建议,我决定戒烟。(on the advice of) On the advice of my doctor, I decided to give up smoking、 4、公园位于县城得正中央。(be located in) The park is located right in the center of town、 5、这所大学提供了我们所需得所有材料与设备。(facilities) The university provides all the materials and facilities we desire、 1、她们花了多年得时间寻找内心得平静,但就是收效甚微。(search for) They spent many years searching for peace of mind, but with little success、 2、这种新药得成功研制已经使许多疾病得治疗发生了根本性得变革。(revolutionize) The successful development of the new drug has revolutionized the treatment of many diseases、 3、由于这个国家得经济不景气,这家公司濒于破产。(on the edge of) The company is on the edge of bankruptcy due to the economic depression in the country、 4、大学毕业后她成为了一名护士。她认为护士这一职业可能很有发展前途。(rewarding) He became a nurse after college、He thought nursing could be a very rewarding career、 5、她像往常一样在文件上签了名。(just as) He signed his name on the paper just as he has always done it、 Unit2

英汉翻译经典例子及答案

1.Health is above wealth, for this cannot give so much happiness as that. 健康比财富更重要,因为财富不能像健康那样给人以幸福。 2.Here great disturbances at the heart of the earth caused mountains and volcanoes to rise above the water. For hundreds of years tiny coral creatures have worked and died to make thousands of ring-shaped islands called atolls (环礁). 在那里,由于地心引力的剧烈干扰,一道道山脉,一座座火山升出水面。千百年来,微小的珊瑚虫在这里繁衍、死亡,形成了数不胜数的被称为环礁的环状岛屿。 3.Old lines and methods of communication do not work easily or efficiently with as much information as we now have. 由于我们今天的信息太多,那些旧的通讯线路和方法已不能灵便有效地处理他们了。 4. Scarcely can any law be made which is beneficial to all; but if it benefits the majority, it is useful. 法律难顾及所有人,于大多数人有利足矣。 5.The water spread out for miles in places in Kenya and Somalia, cutting off villages and forcing herders to crowd with their livestock onto a few patches of dry land. 在肯尼亚和索马里的某些地方,河水漫出河床,宽达数英里。洪水切断了村与村之间的联系,迫使牧民们和家畜挤在一起,困缩在一块块狭小的陆地上动弹不得。 6. The snow falls on every wood and field, and no crevice is forgotten; by the river and pond, on the hill and in the valley. 雪,在四处飘落着。雪花撒在树上,撒在田野里,撒在河边、湖畔、山上、谷底——没有一条岩缝墙隙里不飘满雪花。 7. When his door opened they saw a slender man of more than average height with gleaming eyes and a face so striking that it bordered on the beautiful.

相关文档
相关文档 最新文档