16. China has _________ great changes in different areas of society since President Xi Jinping took office.
A. witnessed B. discovered C. noticed D. watched
17. A terrible earthquake happened in that district at the end of 2013, many people all over the world visited there.
A. what B. which C. when D. where
18. Generally speaking, people who kill themselves like that aren’t mentally ________
A. usual B. normal C. ordinary D. common
19. The ancient buliding _______ roof was badly damaged in the rainstorm was being repaired.
A. where B. which C. its D. whose
20. _______ his body and soul to English teaching but ignoring his own health, Charlie Lee passed away while preparing lessons at night.
A. Devoted B. To devote C. Being devoted D. Devoting
21. The movie star was injured in a car accident before his performance, made everyone at present worried.
A. who B. that C. what D. which
22. With the spring festival on the way, many shopping malls are giving special customers who can ’t usually afford the expensive goods.
A. services B. discounts C. presents D. gifts
23. Since the program has ended, he continues to ________ and has dropped eight more pounds.
A. try out B. look out C. turn out D. work out
24. Two miles away from our campsite in the Yellowstone Park _______ .
A. live some of the world’s largest bears B. lives some of the world’s largest bears
C. do some of the world’s largest bears live D. some of the world’s largest bears live
25. We’ve become good friends with our professor in the college gave lectures to us.
A. who B. where C. when D. which
26. Apple is trying to ________ its iPhone production to meet the increasing demand.
A. show up B. stay up C. step up D. work up
27. My sister, as well as her classmates who ______ late for class, ________ criticized by Mr. Bush.
A. was; were B. were; was C. was; was D. were; were
28. When Rose opened the door, he saw a man standing there whom she______ before.
A. never saw B. had never seen C. never sees D. has never seen
29. _______ you are a senior school student, you should learn to be independent of your parents.
A. Though B. While C. Now that D. Unless
30. --- I have finished all my exercises.
---Oh really? . Let ’s go home now.
A. So have I B. So I have C. So do I D. So I do
请认真阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的A 、B 、C 、D 四个选项中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
It is properly said that one can share any secret with a true friend. He may know your deepest and weaknesses and yet will never let them out. However, a friend’s secrets to you and not telling the world about him is what makes the relationship grow strong and last forever. You need to develop mutual（相互的）trust and understanding you start sharing secrets with each other. With a true friend, secret talks never seem to and it can be really exciting to know what has been going on in your friend’s mind.
There is a period in life it. It is because there are certain things that they but there are certain problems which we can’t discuss with them. It is then that friends become the best secret sharers.
It is a general belief that only girls share secrets. closest friends. The secret talks can be about relationships, with parents, secret tasks, and anything else that is not to be known to others! If you think secrets are any age not just among young people.
Sharing secrets with a friend is not just fun, but it also helps to a lasting trust on one another. Sometimes, sharing secrets will tell you more about the person. You will come to know whether your friend is reliable and and whether it is worth sharing your secrets with him or her. You can call it a(n) of friendship and if a person fails