16. China has _________ great changes in different areas of society since President Xi Jinping took office.
17. A terrible earthquake happened in that district at the end of 2013, many people all over the world visited there.
18. Generally speaking, people who kill themselves like that aren’t mentally ________
19. The ancient buliding _______ roof was badly damaged in the rainstorm was being repaired.
20. _______ his body and soul to English teaching but ignoring his own health, Charlie Lee passed away while preparing lessons at night.
B. To devote
C. Being devoted
21. The movie star was injured in a car accident before his performance, made everyone at present worried.
22. With the spring festival on the way, many shopping malls are giving special to customers who can’t usually afford the expensive goods.
23. Since the program has ended, he continues to ________ and has dropped eight more pounds.
A. try out
B. look out
C. turn out
D. work out
24. Two miles away from our campsite in the Yellowstone Park _______ .
A. live some of the world’s largest bears
B. lives some of the world’s largest bears
C. do some of the world’s largest bears live
D. some of the world’s largest bears live
25. We’ve become good friends with our professor in the college gave lectures to us.
26. Apple is trying to ________ its iPhone production to meet the increasing demand.
A. show up
B. stay up
C. step up
D. work up
27. My sister, as well as her classmates who ______ late for class, ________ criticized by Mr. Bush.
A. was; were
B. were; was
C. was; was
D. were; were
28. When Rose opened the door, he saw a man standing there whom she______ before.
A. never saw
B. had never seen
C. never sees
D. has never seen
29. _______ you are a senior school student, you should learn to be independent of your parents.
C. Now that
30. --- I have finished all my exercises.
---Oh really? .Let’s go home now.
A. So have I
B. So I have
C. So do I
D. So I do
It is properly said that one can share any secret with a true friend. He may know your deepest 31 and weaknesses and yet will never let them out. However, 32 a friend’s secrets to you and not telling the world about him is what makes the relationship grow strong and last forever. You need to develop mutual(相互的)trust and understanding 33 you start sharing secrets with each other. With a true friend, secret talks never seem to 34 and it can be really exciting to know what has been going on in your friend’s mind.
There is a period in life 35 one starts having a personal field in life and parents are kept 36 it. It is because there are certain things that they 37 but there are certain problems which we can’t discuss with them. It is then that friends become the best secret sharers.
It is a general belief that only girls share secrets. 38 , boys have their own secrets that they discuss with only their closest friends. The secret talks can be about relationships, 39 with parents, secret tasks, and anything else that is not 40 to be known to others! If you think secrets are 41 to only teenagers, get your fact right! 42 can be shared at any age not just among young people.
Sharing secrets with a friend is not just fun, but it also helps to 43 a lasting trust on one another. Sometimes, sharing secrets will tell you more about the person. You will come to know whether your friend is reliable and 44 and whether it is worth sharing your secrets with him or her. You can call it a(n) 45 of friendship and if a person fails