in terms of; in need of; apart from; take... for...; pass...off; fade out; shelter from; take down; hold up; deal with
1. There is rarely any attempt to ________ these copies ________as originals.
2. Will all those in favour________ the right hand?
3. We sat in the shade, ________the sun.
4. Have you any concrete thoughts on how to________ this difficulty?
5. The idea seemed to ________ and the club was never formed.
6. She carefully________ my name and phone number in her book.
7. ________their house in London, they also have a villa in Spain.
8. I won't tell her the secret－what do you ________ me.
9. The house is ________ a thorough clean before we move in.
10. The job is great ________ salary, but it has its disadvantages.
答案：1. pass; off 2. hold up 3. sheltering from 4. deal with 5. fade out 6. took down 7. Apart from8. take; for9. in need of10. in terms of
1．—I am working on a screen adaptation of my latest science fiction.
—You can dream of making ________ fortune out of it.
解析：考查冠词的用法。make a fortune“发财；赚钱”。
2．After lengthy talks the two sides finally reached________compromise.
解析：句意：双方经过长期的商谈终于达成了妥协。reach a compromise达成妥协。
3．He just has little acquaintance ________ Russian, while he has a good knowledge ________ English.
解析：have little acquaintance with...“稍微了解……”；have a good knowledge of...“了解……”，皆为固定搭配。
4. The success of a government should be measured in terms________the happiness of the people as well as the development of economy.