1. Though it was difficult, Carlos knew the only ___C___ thing to do would be to admit cheating on the test.
2. Debbie is very ____D___ to the plight of homeless people and always gets very emotional when she sees them on the street.
3. Certain types of birds often develop the skill of ___B____ and sound like they can speak.
4. As babies develop, they need to learn to ___D____ before they can walk.
5. When he was a child, Tony lost all vision in his right eye, so he feels ___A____ for the difficulties faced by blind people.
6. Kindergarten teachers often have to reprimand their students for ___B____.
7. During the Christmas holiday, many people feel a surge of ___C____ and give to charities.
8. Babies usually cry when they feel ___C____ because they have no other way to express themselves.
9. Different cultures have different ways of ___B____ their children.
10. The research project was an ___D____ success—we managed to prove our theory conclusively.
11. Thomas has no ___A____ to the feelings of others—he always makes very negative and offensive comments.
12. No matter where Sue goes, something major happens; it's like she takes the ___D____ along with her.
13. He reached out and ____B___ her cheek tenderly.
14. Brian felt incredible pressure and made a ____C___ decision, which ultimately turned out to be a big mistake.
15. The ____A___ events of this morning were making everyone feel very depressed and lonely.
16. My brother was ___D____ interested in taking that psychology class at school.
17. That documentary about the ___A____ of African refugees won all the major awards.
18. Her little sister is still just a(n) ___C____; she turns six months next week.
19. Children love to ____A___ the actions they see in others, so be careful what you do!
20. The photographs ___C____ strong memories of our holidays in France.
11. The police presence at airports seemed to double ____C___ after the bomb threat.
12. In order to ____B___ information from people, investigators sometimes use questionable methods.
13. It is a federal crime to ___A____ a lawyer in a courtroom.
14. After the September 11 ___C____ attacks in the United States, the
government took extreme measures to make sure it wouldn't happen again.
15. International business and ____B___ have made the world very interconnected and countries dependent on one another.
A. online banking
C. credit cards
16. I think pop-up ads on the Internet and spam in my e-mail inbox are terribly ___A____ —so much so that it might be an invasion of privacy.
17. Online retailers such as Amazon and iTunes are so successful that they have become ___B____ names.
18. The new facial recognition security system ____D___ knows who you are and if you have access to the building.
19. Today's students simply have to go ___A____ to find the answer to almost any homework question.
20. After my store was broken into, the police officer drove me home as a ___D____.
1. Dogs share many of the same ___A____ as humans and can easily show emotion.
2. Compared to my pet frog, that horse seemed like a ___C____ animal.
3. It might be hard to believe but some ants are ____A___ of carrying more than ten times their body weight!
4. Over millions of years, animals on Earth ____D___ and adapted to many different environments.
5. Polar bears are able to stay warm in such cold places because they have a thick ____A___ of fat beneath their fur.
6. Many animals, like chipmunks, live underground in vast networks of ___B____ that they dig.
7. Elephants are often called ____B___ animals because of their size, beauty, and elegance.
8. Scientists have been studying DNA for years but they've only ____D___ a fraction of the information it contains.
9. Charles Darwin suggested that humans and apes, such as chimpanzees, shared
a similar ___A____ from a common ancestor.
10. There is a famous story about a lion that had a thorn stuck in its ___B____.
11. When he wants to go outside, my dog will ___D____ bark at the front door until someone opens it.
12. Penguins may look a little silly walking on land, but they ___B____ through water beautifully.
13. When a tiger shows its teeth, that's an ____C___ that it is about to attack.
14. Many fish swim with a gentle side-to-side ___A____ of the fins and tail.
15. I could see a subtle ___C____ of sadness on the face of my cat when I left for work this morning.
16. Parrots have the ability to ____B___ the sounds they hear around them.
17. Some species of birds can fly for miles simply by gliding on a ___C____ of wind.
18. The sign said that the ___D____ age of Mildred, the zoo's oldest gorilla, is around 45.
19. She divided the dog food ____D___ among all the puppies.
20. I wore a sweater and a jacket, but the cold wind still managed to ____C___ to my skin!
11. Do we have the ___A____ of coming to work on Friday or is it mandatory?
12. I've never ridden a ____B___ because they move so fast and frighten me.
13. Thinking about my job interview tomorrow scares me to death and fills me with ____C___.
14. Many ____A___ companies are working together to help find a cure for AIDS.
15. Employees are usually much more ___B____ if they think the boss listens to their ideas.
16. My father always taught me to be a ___A____ in life and not just a spectator.
17. BBC Light Programme ____D___ for the masses.
18. When she had flu, Jenny's doctor wrote her a ___C____ for medicine.
19. In graduate school, Brad wrote his PhD ____B___ about ancient Chinese history.
20. We have to work in a different building next week because ____D___ of the new air conditioning system will take several days.