1. －Look! What's that in _______ cartoon film? －Oh, it's ______ UFO from space.
A. the; a
B. the; an
C. a; the
D. a; a
2. Mr Smith is _______ man. He lives _______.
A. a 85 -year - old; alone
B. an 85 -year - old; lonely
C. an 80 - year - old; alone
D. a 80 years old; alone
3. ---Hi, Kate. You look tired. What's the matter? --- I _______well last night.
B. don't s leep
C. haven't slept
D. didn't sleep
4. ---Who left the window _______? --- Sorry. I forgot _______it when I left yesterday.
A. opened; to close
B. open; to close
C. open; closing
D. opening; closing
5. －Are you reading a letter? －Yes. I _______ my uncle in America this morning.
A. heard of
B. heard from
C. heard a letter from
D. got from
6. I heard him _______ the piano in the next room at 10:00 last night.
B. to play
7. ________knows anything about him because he never tells us _______ about himself.
A. Nobody, something
C. Nobody, anything
D. Anybody, nothing
8.－Do you know that Tom fell off his bike and broke his leg this morning?
－Really? _______bad news!
B. What a
D. How a
9. --- Mum, could I play with my classmates for a while after I finish my homework?
--- _______. But you must come back before supper.
A. Yes, you can
B. Yes, you could
C. No, you can't
D. No, you couldn't
10. _______ may a little baby weigh?
A. How much
B. How heavy
C. How many
11. There ______ a football match next Sunday.
A. is going to have
B. is going to be
C. will have
D. will going to be
12. -Do you know what happened _______ her mother? -Yes, she was_______ hurt by a car.
A. with; bad
B. on; badly
C. to; bad
D. to; badly
13. There is a river around our town. It is about ______ long.
A. 6 hundreds kilometers
B. 6 hu ndred kilometers
C. 6 hundreds kilometer
D. 6 hundred kil ometer
14. He is not_______ to carry the heavy box.
A. too strong
B. enough strong
C. more strong
D. strong enough
15. —How about going shopping this evening? —, but I have to prepare for tomorrow’s exam.
A. I can’t
B. Sounds great
C. That’s right
D. No, I’m terribly sorry
16.—Tomorrow the exchange students will come. _____ we ______ a party for them, Mr Smith?
— Good idea.
A. Will, have
B. Are, going to have
C. Do, have
D. Shall, have
17.—Your T-shirt is so beautiful. Is it very expensive?
—No, it’s cheap. It only ________ me $10.
A . cost B. spent C. bought D. Took
18. Mum gets up ____ early to get breakfast ready every day, and she keeps ______ to let me sleep for
A. quiet, quite
B. quite, quiet
C. quite, quite
D. quiet, quiet
19. Kate and I are going to the bookshop to buy some magazines ____________ this weekend.
20. — Let me help you carry the box.
—No, thanks. It’s big, _________there is nothing in it.
1. My brother has the__________ (able) to finish the hard work in ten minutes.
2. People in some____________ (west) countries don't like the number thirteen.
3. Be____________ (care) with your words. He is easy to get angry.
4. Ice turns into water when the temperature is ______________ (超过) 0℃.
5. There are two ____________（座位）left in the back row.
6. Sometimes the teacher watches his students _____ (透过) the window.
7. The cat is ______________(躺）fast asleep by the fire.
8. Now he is tall and strong, but you won’t beli eve he _____ (重) only 2 kilos at birth.
9. Look both ways before c_______________ the street.
10. My grandma is already 80 years old, but she is still able to take care of h_______________.
11. _______ (fly) kites is a popular outdoor activity.
12. Last week, our teacher said that light_______ (travel) faster than sound.
13. Hurry up! Someone _______ (lie) on the ground and let's send him to hospital.
14. -Kevin, you look worried. What's the matter?
-Well, I _______ (take) a test and I'm waiting for the result (结果).
15. He made a fire_______ (keep) warm.
16. Don't take away the shoes. I think they are one of the _______ (visit)
17. How_______ (happy ) he looked at his son when he got the exciting news!
18. Do you think he has the_______ /a'bilatiz /to finish the tasks?
19. He met a friend of his father's when he_______ /pα:st /the post office.
20. She_______ /ri'plaid/to my letter yesterday.
一、1-5 BCABA 6-10 BBCBC
二、11-15 ACDBB 16-20 CCABA 21-25 BDBDB
三、26-30 ACADA 31-35 BBCBA
四、36-40 DCADB 41-45 ABADB 46-50 DCBBC
五、51. ability 52. western 53. careful 54. above 55. seats
56. through 57. lying 58. weighed 59. crossing 60. herself
61. It is very easy to teach a parrot to say “Good morning”.
62. The brave young man put out the fire in the kitchen with a wet blanket.
63. The careless girl left without paying for the lunch.
64. Last year, he was in hospital for a week because of his illness.
65. How amazing the story sounds!
Last week I read two articles from the book “Alice in Wonderland” in the English class and they are quite interesting.
Yesterday night, I saw Alice standing beside my bed. She invited me to Wonderland. When we got to Wonderland, flowers sang and danced like people/were singing and dancing like people. They smiled and said hello to her. Monkeys, goldfish and camels flew around like birds in the sky. I tried/did my best to fly but still failed.
S uddenly, a big ant ran quickly to me. I felt very afraid. I shouted for help but nobody replied. In the end I woke up and found it was just a dream.
Isn’t that interesting?
All the best