文档库 最新最全的文档下载
当前位置:文档库 › 人教版六年级英语下册第一至第三单元课文翻译

人教版六年级英语下册第一至第三单元课文翻译

人教版六年级英语下册第一至第三单元课文翻译
人教版六年级英语下册第一至第三单元课文翻译

Unit One How tall are you?

I’m 21 metres tall.I’m the tallest!

我有21米高。我是最高的。

I’m 1.6 metres tall.I’m taller than this dinosaur.

我有1.6米高。我比这只恐龙要高。

It’s so tall!

他真高!

Some dinosaurs are bigger than houses. Some are smaller than our schoolbags.

一些恐龙比房子还要大,一些比我们的书包还要小。

How heavy is it?

它有多重?

It’s five tons.

它有五吨重。

What size are your shoes?

你的鞋是多大号?

My shoes are size 35.

我的鞋是35号。

Let’s talkA

Zhang Peng:Loook!That’s the tallest dinosaur in this hall.

张朋:看!那是这个厅里最高的恐龙。

Mike:Yes,it is. How tall is it?

麦克:是的,它是。它有多高?

Zhang Peng:Maybe 4 metres.

张朋:可能有4米高。

Mike:Wow!It’s taller than both of us together.

麦克:哇!它比我们俩加起来都高。

Zhang Peng:Look!There are more dinosaurs over there!

张朋:看!这里有更多的恐龙!

Mike:They’re all so big and tall.

麦克:它们全都又高又大。

Zhang Peng:Hey,this dinosaur isn’t tall!I’m taller than this one. 张朋:嘿,这只恐龙并不高!我都比这只高。

Mike:Oh,yes.How tall are you?

麦克:哦,是的。你有多高?

Zhang Peng:I’m 1.65 metres.

张朋:我有1.65米高。

Let’s talkB

Mike:Those shoes in the window are nice!Let’s have a look.

麦克:在橱窗里的这些鞋看起来很好看!让我们去看一看。Wu yifan:What size are your shoes,Mike?

吴一凡:你的鞋是多大号,麦克?

Mike:Size 7.

麦克:7号。

Wu yifan: Size 7?That’s so small.

吴一凡:7号?那真小。

Mike:In china I wear size 38 shoes.

麦克:在中国我穿38号鞋。

Wu yifan: Oh!Your feet are bigger than mine .My shoes are size 37.

吴一凡:哦!你的脚比我的大。我穿37号鞋。

Mike:Really ?You look taller than me.

麦克:真的?你看起来比我高。

Wu yifan:But I think you are heavier.How heavy are you?

吴一凡:但是我认为你更重一些。你体重多少?

Mike:I’m 48 kilograms.

麦克:我体重48公斤。

Wu yifan:Yes,you’re heavier.I’m 46 kilograms.

吴一凡:是的,你更重一些。我体重46公斤。

Read and write

Little Duck is watching the sun go down.It is getting lower and lower,but his shadow is getting longer and longer.

小鸭子在看日落。太阳越来越低,但是它的影子变得越来越长。“Why is that?” Little Duck asks his friend Old Tree. “You are older and smarter than me.Tell me—why is my shadow longer when the sun gets lower?”

“为什么会这样?”小鸭子问它的朋友大树。“你比我更聪明更年长。

告诉我—为什么太阳开始下山我的影子会变长?”

Old Tree says,”That’s easy,Little Duck.The sun goes down every day,and we grow older every day.Your shadow grows longer because you are growing taller.You are becoming a big beautiful bird!”

大树说,“这很简单,小鸭子。太阳每天都落山,我们每天都会变老。你的影子变得更长是因为你长得更高了。你开始变得是一只又大又美丽的鸟了!”

Unit Two Last weekend

What did you do last weekend?

上周末你做什么了?

I cleaned my room and washed my clothes on Saturday.

在周六我清理了我的卧室和清洗了我的衣服。

Did you play football with Zhang Peng?

你和张朋去踢足球了吗?

Yes,I did.We played football on Sunday.

是的。我们踢足球是在周日。

Let’s talkA

Mike:Hi,Grandpa.How are you?How was your weekend?

麦克:嗨,祖父。你好吗?你周末过得怎么样?

Grandpa:I’m fine,Mike.It was good,thank you.

祖父:我很好,麦克。它非常棒,谢谢你。

Mike:What did you do?

麦克:你做什么了?

Grandpa:Well,I stayed at home with your grandma.We drank tea in the afternoon and watched TV.

祖父:好吧,我和你祖母呆在家里。我们在下午的时候喝茶和看电视。Mike:I watched TV,too.I watched some children’s shows on TV.

麦克:我也看电视了。我在电视上看了一些儿童秀。

Grandpa:That’s nice.Did you do anything else?

祖父:那很好。你还做其他事情了吗?

Mike:Yes, I cleaned my room and washed my clothes.

麦克:是的,我清理了我的卧室和清洗了我的衣服。

Grandpa:You are a good boy!

祖父:你是一个好男孩。

Let’s talkB

John:Hey,Amy.Let’s go to the bookstore,I want to buy the new film magazine.

约翰:嗨,艾米.让我们去书店看看吧,我想买新的电影杂志。Amy:Oh,I read it last weekend.

艾米:哦,在上周我就读过它了。

John:Was it interesting?

约翰:它有趣吗?

Amy:Yes,it talked about a lot of new films.What did you do last weekend?Did you see a film?

艾米:是的,它主要讲了很多新的电影。上周末你做什么了?你去看电影了吗?

John:No,I had a cold.I stayed at home all weekend and slept.

约翰:不,我感冒了。我整个周末都呆在家里和睡觉。

Amy:Oh ,I’m sorry.I’m happy you feel better now.

艾米:哦,我很抱歉。我很高兴你感觉好点了。

John:Thanks.Let’s go by bus.It’s faster than walking.

约翰:谢谢,让我们去买车票吧。它比走路更快一些。

Let’s learn

last weekend 上周末

last night 昨晚

last Monday 上周一

yesterday 昨天

the day before yesterday 前天

Read and write

Comments

评论

Dear sir,

亲爱的先生,

Unit three Where did you go?

You didn’t come to school.What happened?

你没来学校。发生了什么?

I fell off my bike and hurt my foot.

我从自行车上摔下来而且我的脚受伤了。

Oh dear!Are you all right?

哦,天啊!你还好吧?

Yes,I’m OK.Thanks.

是的,我还好,谢谢。

Can I come and visit you?

我可以来拜访你吗?

Sure!You can see my photos from the Labour Day holiday.

当然可以!你可以看我劳动节假期拍的照片。

Did you go to Turpan?

你去吐鲁番了吗?

Yes,I did.I saw lots of grapes and ate lots of mutton kebabs.They were delicious.

是的,我去了。我看到很多的葡萄还吃了很多烤肉。它们非常美味。Who did you go with?

你是和谁一起去的?

My parents and my uncle.

我的父母和我的叔叔。

Let’s talkA

Amy:What happened?

艾米:发生了什么事?

John: I fell off my bike last Saturday and hurt my foot.

约翰:上周六我从自行车上摔下来而且我的脚受伤了。

Amy:That’s too bad!Are you all right?

艾米:那太糟了!你还好吧?

John:I’m OK https://www.wendangku.net/doc/b517156998.html,e and look at my photos from the Labour Day holiday.

约翰:我现在很好。看看我劳动节假期的照片。

Amy:Where did you go?

艾米:你去哪了?

John:Mt.Tianshan,Xinjiang.I rode a horse.Look,it’s very small!

约翰:新疆的天山。我骑马了。看,它非常小。

Amy:Oh,yes.It looks like a mule!Did you go to Tuepan?

艾米:哦,是的。它看起来像个骡子!你去吐鲁番了吗?

John:Yes,we did.We saw lots of grapes there,but we couldn’t eat them.They won’t be ready till August.

约翰:是的,我们去了。我们在那看到了很多葡萄,但是我们没有吃它们。它们还没有成熟直到八月。

Let’s talkB

Sarah: Where did you go over the winter holiday?

莎拉:在寒假你去了哪里?

Amy:My family and I went to Sanya.

艾米:我和我的家人去了三亚。

Wu yifan:Really?Did you like it?

吴一凡:真的吗?你喜欢它吗?

Amy:Yes,it was so warm.

艾米:是的,那里非常温暖。

Sarah:Hainan is far from here.How did you go there?

莎拉:海南离这里很远。你怎么去哪里?

Amy:We went there by plane.

艾米:我们乘飞机去那里。

Wu yifan:How was the beach?What did you do there?

吴一凡:海滩怎么样?你在那里做什么?

Amy:It was beautiful.I took lots of pictures,and I also went swimming. 艾米:它非常漂亮。我照了很多照片,我经常去游泳。Sarah:Sounds great!Can I see your pictures sometime?

莎拉:听起来非常棒!我可以看看你的照片吗?

Amy:Sure.

艾米:当然。

Unit Four Then and now

Yifan,that’s your father.

一凡,这是你父亲。

You weren’t very big then,Mr Wu!

你不是很强大,吴先生!

No,so I didn’t like PE class very much.I couldn’t run fast or play basketball well.

不,所以我非常不喜欢体育课。我不能跑得很快打篮球也不是很好。Our school was small!

我们学校真小。

We didn’t have a library and there weren’t any computer rooms at all.

我们没有图书馆,还有这里没有任何计算机房。

There was no gym either!

这里没有体育馆!

Let’s talk

Grandpa:Wow,a library!There was no library in my old school.

祖父:哇,一个图书馆!我以前的学校没有图书馆。

Sarah:Tell us about your school,piease.

萨拉:请给我们讲讲您的学校吧。

Grandpa:There was only one small building on a hill.

祖父:那里只有一座小房子在山上。

Wu Yifan:Could you see stars at night?

吴一凡:晚上您能看到星星吗?

Grandpa:Yes,I liked the stars.

祖父:是的,我喜欢这些星星。

Sarah:Me too.One day I’m going to visit the moon.

萨拉:我也是。有一天我要去月球。

Wu Yifan:The Americans took about five days to get there in 1969. 吴一凡:在1969年,美国人去那呆了五天。

Sarah:How do you know that?

萨拉:你怎么知道的?

Wu Yifan:Easy,I looked it up on the Internet.

吴一凡:简单,我在网络上看到的。

Grandpa:Ah!There were no computers or Internet in my time.

祖父:哦!我那时候没有电脑也没有网络。

Let’s learn

…years ago …年前…months ago …月前last year 去年last month 上个月Let’s talk

Chen Jie:John,come and look at Mike’s old photos!

陈杰:约翰,来看看麦克的旧照片。

John:That’s funny,Mike!You’re wearing a pink T-shirt.

约翰:这些真有趣,麦克!你穿粉色的T恤。

Mike:Yes,but I don’t like pink now.

麦克:是的,但是我现在不喜欢粉色。

Chen Jie:We are all different now!

陈杰:我们现在都不同了!

Mike:Right.Before,I was quiet.Now,I’m very active in class.How about you?

麦克:是的,以前我很安静。现在我在课堂上很活跃。

John:Well,Iwas short,so I couldn’t ride my bike well.Now,I go cycling every day.I like it very much.

约翰:我以前个子小,自行车骑得不好。现在我天天骑车。

Chen Jie:That’s good exercise.

陈杰:这是很好的锻炼。

汽车专业英语翻译综合

第一章汽车总论 1)Today’s average car contains more than 15,000 separate, individual parts that must work together. These parts can be grouped into four major categories: body, engine, chassis and electrical equipment 。P1 现在的车辆一般都由15000多个分散、独立且相互配合的零部件组成。这些零部件主要分为四类:车身、发动机、底盘和电气设备。 2)The engine acts as the power unit. The internal combustion engine is most common: this obtains its power by burning a liquid fuel inside the engine cylinder. There are two types of engine: gasoline (also called a spark-ignition engine) and diesel (also called a compression-ignition engine). Both engines are called heat engines; the burning fuel generates heat which causes the gas inside the cylinder to increase its pressure and supply power to rotate a shaft connected to the power train. P3 发动机作为动力设备,常见的类型是内燃机,其原理是通过发动机缸内的液体燃料燃烧而产生能量。发动机可分为两类:汽油机(点燃式)和柴油机(压燃式),都属于热力发动机。燃料燃烧产生热量使缸内气压上升,产生的能量驱动轴旋转,并传递给动力传动系。 第二章内燃机 1)Power train system: conveys the drive to the wheels 2)Steering system: controls the direction of movement 3)Suspension system: absorbs the road shocks 4)Braking system: slows down the vehicle P4 传动系把发动机输出的扭矩传递给驱动轮。传动系包括离合器(对应机械变速器)或液力变矩器(对应液力自动变速器)、变速器、驱动轴、主减速器、差速器和驱动桥。 5)Drum brakes have a drum attached to the wheel hub, and braking occurs by means of brake shoes expanding against the inside of the drum. With disc brakes, a disc attached to the wheel hub is clenched between two brake pads. P6 鼓式制动器的制动鼓和轮毂连接,制动蹄张开压紧制动鼓内侧从而产生制动。在盘式制动器上,连着轮毂的制动盘被紧紧夹在两个制动块之间。 1)Linking the piston by a connecting rod to a crankshaft causes the gas to rotate the shaft through half a turn.The power stroke"uses up"the gas,so means must be provided to expel the burnt gas and recharge the cylinder with a fresh petrol-air mixture:this control of gas movement is the duty of the valves;An inlet valve allows the mixture to enter at the right time and an exhaust valve lets out the burnt gas after the gas has done its job . P10 活塞通过连杆和曲轴连接,使得气体带动曲轴旋转半圈。作功冲程耗尽了所有的气体,这样就必须采取相应的措施排出废气并且向气缸内充入新的可燃混合气:气体的运动由气门来控制。进气门使可燃混合气在恰当的时刻进入气缸,排气门使燃烧后的废气排出气缸。 2)The spark-ignition engine is an internal-combustion engine with externally supplied in ignition,which converts the energy cntained in the fuel to kinetic energy.The cycle of operations is spread over four piston strokes. To complete the full cycle it takes two revolutions of the crankshaft. P11 火花点火式发动机是由外部提供点火的内燃机,从而将含在燃料内的能量转化成动能。发动机的一个工作循环分布在活塞的四个行程中,一个完整的工作循环曲轴需要转动两圈。 3)The oil pump in the lubricating system draws oil from the oil pan and sends it to all working parts in the engine. The oil drains off and runs down into the pan. Thus,there is constant circulation of oil between the pan and the working parts of the engine. P15

小学六年级上册英语全书翻译

一单元 Let’s start 去一个地方有许多种方式,看这些图片。我知道有哪些吗?让我想想。 首页:你怎样去上学?我步行去上学。我骑自行车去上学。我怎样才能到动物园?你可以乘地铁去。我怎样才能到自然公园?你可以坐12路公共汽车去。 A部分 Let’s learn 你怎样去上学?我骑自行车去上学。你怎样去加拿大?我乘飞机去。乘飞机坐轮船步行骑自行车坐公共汽车乘火车乘地铁 Let’s play 你怎样去上学?我步行去上学。你怎 样去美国?我乘飞机去。 Let’s talk 莎朗,你怎样去上学?我家很近。我通常步行去上学。有时候我骑车去,你呢?我通常乘公共汽车去 上学。 Group work 你怎样去上学?我通常步行去上学,因为我家很近。你怎样去上学?我通常乘公共汽车去上学,因为它快。Let’s read 莎朗,今天下午我们去公园吧。太好了!介是我们怎样去呢?太简单了。你骑自行车来我家。我们可以步行车站。然后我们乘公共汽车去公

园。好吧。介是你家在哪儿?我家在邮局附近。哪一层?第五层,5A房间。好的!今天下午,两点见。到 时候见! B部分 L et’s learn 看交通灯。记住交通规则!红灯停。黄灯等。绿灯行。Let’s talk我怎样能到中山公园?你可以乘15路公共汽车。我可以步行吗?当然,如果你愿意。那 儿不远。 Let’s read 看并且找出不同之处。交通灯在每个国家都一样。总是有三种灯:红、黄和绿。红是“停”黄是“等”,绿是“行”。在中国,司机在路的右边行驶。在美国,司机也在路的右边行驶。然而,在英国和澳大利亚,司机在咱的左边行驶。如果你乘公共汽车,骑自行车或步行,你必须知道交通规则。 C部分 Pronunciation 山峰打对处理猪大的罐子盘子Read and match 菜海滩大头针茶Good to know 1.人行横道 2.右转弯 3.单行道 4. 禁止驶入 5.自行车禁行 6.禁止左转 故事时间:这儿有15美元,我们去快餐店吃午饭吧。我们怎么去那儿呢?乘出租车怎么样?那太贵

英语选修六课文翻译

人教版英语选修六课文翻译 Unit 1 A Short History Western Painting 西方绘画艺术简史 西方艺术风格变化较大,而中国艺术风格变化较小。人们的生活方式和信仰影响了艺术。中国和欧洲不同,生活方式在长时间里相似。西方艺术丰富多彩,仅凭一篇短短的课文难以描述全面。所以,本篇课文仅描述了从公元5世纪开始的几种主要风格。 中世纪(公元5 世纪到15 世纪) 在中世纪,画家的主要任务是表现宗教主题。艺术家们并没有把兴趣放在呈现人和自然的真实面貌上,而是着力于体现对上帝的爱戴和敬重。因此,这段时期的绘画充满着宗教的信条。到13 世纪时,情况已经开始发生变化,像乔托这样的画家以比较现实的风格来画宗教场景。 文艺复兴时期(15 世纪到16 世纪) 在文艺复兴时期,新的思想和价值观取代了中世纪的那一套,人们开始更关心人而不是宗教。画家们回到了罗马、希腊的艺术理论上。他们尽力地画出人和自然的真实面貌。富人们想为自己的宫殿和豪宅收藏艺术品,他们高价聘请著名艺术家来为自己画画,画自己的房屋和其他财物,画他们的活动,画他们的成就。在这个阶段,最重要的发现之一是如何用透视法来画出事物的形象。在1428 年,马萨乔成为第一个在绘画中使用透视方法的人,当人们第一次看到他的画

时,还以为是透过墙上的小孔,来观看真实的情景,并对此深信不疑。如果没有透视法,人们就不可能画出如此逼真的画,在文艺复兴时期,油画也得到了发展,它使得色彩看上去更丰富,更深沉。 印象派时期(19 世纪后期到20世纪初期) 19 世纪后期,欧洲发生了巨大的变化,从以农业为主的社会变成了以工业为主的社会。许多人从农村迁入城市。有着大量的新发明,还有许多社会变革。这些变革也自然而然地导致了绘画风格上的变化。那些打破传统画法的人有在巴黎生活和工作的印象派画家。 印象派画家是第一批室外写生的艺术家。他们想把一天中不同时间投射到物体上的光线和阴影画出来。由于自然光的变化很快,所以,印象派画家必须很快地作画。因此,他们的画就不像以前那些画家的画那样细致了,起初,多数人都看不惯这种新式画法,甚至还非常生气。他们说这些画家作画时心不在焉,粗枝大叶,他们的作品更是荒唐。 现代艺术(20 世纪至今) 在印象派作品的创建初期,他们存在争议。但是,现在已经被人们接受,并且成为现在所说的“现代艺术”的始祖。如今,现代艺术已有几十多种,如果没有印象派艺术,也就没有那么多不同的风格,印象派画家帮助艺术家们用新的方法来观察环境和艺术。有些现代艺术是抽象的,也就是说,画家并不打算把我们的眼睛看到的东西如实地画出来,而是集中体现某些物体的某些品质和特征,用色彩、线条和形状把它们呈现出来。另一方面,有些现代派的艺术作品太逼真了,

汽车专业英语翻译

About car engine Of all automobile components,an automobile engie is the most complicated assembly with dominant effects on the function of an autombile.So, the engine is generally called the"heat"of an automobile. 在汽车的所有部件中,汽车发动机是最复杂的组件,其对整车性能有着决定性的作用。因而发动机往往被称作发动机的“心脏”。 There are actually various types of engines such as electric motors,stream engines,andinternal combustion engines.The internal combustion engines seem to have almost complete dominance of the automotive field.The internal combustion engine,as its name indicates,burns fuel within the cylinders and converts the expanding force of the combustion into rotary force used to propel the vehicle. 事实上,按动力来源分发动机有很多种,如电动机、蒸汽机、外燃机等。然而内燃机似乎在发动机领域有着绝对的统治地位。就像其字面意思一样,内燃机的染料在气缸内燃烧,通过将燃烧产生气体的膨胀力转换成转动力来驱动发动机前进。 Engine is the power source of the automobile.Power is produced by the linear motion of a piston in a cylinder.However,this linear motion must be changed into rotary motion to turn the wheels of cars or trucks.The puston attached to the top of a connecting rod by a pin,called a piston pin or wrist pin.The bottom of the connecting rod is attached to the crankshaft.The connecting rod transmits the up-and-down motion of the piston to the crankshaft,which changes it into rotary motion.The connecting rod is mounted on the crankshaft with large bearings called rod bearing.Similar bearings, called main bearings,are used to mount the crankshaft in the block. 发动机是整部车的动力来源。能量来自于活塞在气缸内的(往复)直线运动。然而这种(往复)直线运动必须要转换成旋转运动才能驱动车轮。活塞与连杆通过一个销来连接,这个销称为活塞销。连杆的下部连接于曲拐。连杆把活塞的上下往复运动传递给曲拐,从而将往复直线运动转变成旋转运动。连杆和曲拐的连接使用大的轴承,称之为连杆轴承,类似的轴承也用于将曲轴连接到机体,称之为主轴承。 They are generally two different types of cooling system:water-cooling system and air-cooling system.Water-cooling system is more common.The cooling medium, or coolant, in them is either water or some low-freezing liquid, called antifreeze.A water-cooling system consists of the engine water jacket, thermostat, water pump, radiator, radiator cap, fan, fan drive belt and neccessary hoses. 主要有两种类型的冷却系统:水冷和风冷。水冷系统更为普遍。系统所用冷却介质或是冷却液常委水或其他低凝固点液体,称为抗凝剂。一个完整的水冷系统包括机体水套,节温器,水泵,散热器,散热器罩,风扇,风扇驱动皮带和必需的水管。 A water-cooling system means that water is used as a cooling agent to circulate through the engine to absorb the heat and carry it to the radiator for disposal.The ebgine is cooled mainly through heat transfer and heat dissipation.The heat generated by the mixture burned in the engine must be transferred from the iron or aluminum cylinder to the waterin the water jacket.The outside of the water jacket dissipates some of the heat to the air surrounding it, but most of the heat is carried by the cooling water to the radiator for dissipation.When the coolant temperature in the system reaches 90°,the termostat valve open fully, its slanted edge shutting off

人教六年级上册英语教材课文翻译

人教版六年級上冊英語教材課文翻譯Unit 1~ 3 Recycle1 Unit1 How can I get there? Hey,Robin. Where is the science museum?嘿,羅賓。科學博物館在哪兒? It's near the library.它在圖書館附近。 I see. How can I get there? 我知道了。我怎麼到那兒? Turn right at the school. Then go straight.到學校右轉。然後直走。 OK. Let's go.好の。讓我們走吧。 Excuse me. Can you help me?打擾一下,你能幫助我嗎? Sure.當然。 How can I get to the science museum? 我怎麼到科學博物館? It's over there.它在那邊。 Thanks.謝謝。 Oh, where is Robin?哦,羅賓在哪兒? P4 Let's try Wu Yifan and Robin are looking at some robots. Listen and tick. 吳一凡和羅賓正在看一些機器人。聽一聽並打鉤。 are they? 他們在哪兒? In the museum.在博物館裏。In the bookstore 在書店裏。 Grandpa there? (外)祖父在那兒嗎? Yes,he is.是の,他在。 No,he isn't.不,他不在。 P4 Let's talk部分翻譯 Wu Yifan:Robin,where is the museum shop? I want to buy a postcard. 吳一凡:羅賓,博物館の商店在哪兒?我想要買一張明信片。 Robin:It's near the door. 羅賓:在大門附近。 Wu Yifan:Thanks. Where is the post office? I want to send it today. 吳一凡:謝謝。郵局在哪兒?我想今天把它寄出去。 Robin:I don't know. I'll ask. Excuse me, sir. 羅賓:我不知道。我去問一下。打擾一下,先生。 Man:Wow! A talking robot! What a great museum! 男人:哇!一個說話の機器人!多麼偉大の一個博物館啊! Robin:Where, is the post office? 羅賓:郵局在哪兒? Man:It's next to the museum. 男人:它挨著博物館。 Robin:Thanks. 羅賓:謝謝。 Where is the museum shop/post office? Talk about the places in your aty/town/village.

英语选修六课文翻译Unit5 The power of nature An exciting job的课文原文和翻译

AN EXCITING JOB I have the greatest job in the world. I travel to unusual places and work alongside people from all over the world. Sometimes working outdoors, sometimes in an office, sometimes using scientific equipment and sometimes meeting local people and tourists, I am never bored. Although my job is occasionally dangerous, I don't mind because danger excites me and makes me feel alive. However, the most important thing about my job is that I help protect ordinary people from one of the most powerful forces on earth - the volcano. I was appointed as a volcanologist working for the Hawaiian V olcano Observatory (HVO) twenty years ago. My job is collecting information for a database about Mount Kilauea, which is one of the most active volcanoes in Hawaii. Having collected and evaluated the information, I help other scientists to predict where lava from the volcano will flow next and how fast. Our work has saved many lives because people in the path of the lava can be warned to leave their houses. Unfortunately, we cannot move their homes out of the way, and many houses have been covered with lava or burned to the ground. When boiling rock erupts from a volcano and crashes back to earth, it causes less damage than you might imagine. This is because no one lives near the top of Mount Kilauea, where the rocks fall. The lava that flows slowly like a wave down the mountain causes far more damage because it

汽车专业英语课文翻译4

Fuel Supply System of Gasoline Engine(UNIT SEVEN) All the gasoline engines have substantially identical fuel systems and run on a mixture consisting of fuel vapor and air. The fuel system comprises the units designed to store, clear and deliver fuel, the units intended to clean air and a unit for preparing a mixture from fuel vapor and air. In a fuel system different components are used to supply fuel from the fuel tank into the engine cylinder. Some of the important components are fuel tank, fuel pump, fuel filter, carburetor, intake manifold and fuellines or tubes connecting the tank, pump and the carburetor. The fuel tank is a fuel container used for storing fuel. It is made of sheet metal. It is attached to the vehicle frame with metal traps and is located at the rear of the vehicle. They are mounted in a boot or boot-floor pan in case of front-engined cars and small commercial vehicles. In order to strengthen the tank as well as to prevent surging of fuel when the vehicle rounds a curve of suddenly stops, baffle plates are attached to the inside of the tank. A cap is used to close the filler opening of the tank. The fuel line is attached at or near the bottom of the tank with a filtering element placed at the connection. The other components of the fuel tank are the fuel gauge sending unit, a vent pipe, receiving unit. To prevent the dirt and water from entering the luggage compartment, a sealing strip is fitted between the fuel tank and boot floor pan. Moreover to limit the transmission of frame distortion to the tank giving rise to squeaking as the metal parts get rubbed together, rubber or felt pads are often fitted between the mountings and the tank. Provision is also made against drumming of the tank by these mountings. The tank may be placed at the side of the chassis frame for convenience in case of large commercial vehicles. The length of the connecting lines or tubes from the tank to the carburetor is also restricted by this at the same time. A porous filter is attached to the outlet lines. By drawing fuel from the tank through the filter, any water in the bottom of the tank as well as any dirt into the fuel gathers on the surface of the filter. To keep the fuel always under atmospheric pressure, the filter pipe or tank is vented. In order to prevent dirt in the fuel from entering the fuel pump or carburetor, fuel filters and screens are used in the fuel system. If the dirt is not removed from the fuel, the normal operation of these units will be prevented. The engine performance will also be reduced.

外研社英语选修六课文翻译

第二单元其余部分 Introduction 介绍 《狮子、女巫与魔衣橱》的创作者——C·S·刘易斯(1898——1963)是英国最伟大的魔幻文学家之一,露西发现了冰天雪地的纳尼亚,在那里她和她的两个哥哥和一个妹妹遇见了白女巫。他们还邂逅了阿斯兰,那头唯一能够打败女巫,重新夺回纳尼亚之夏的狮子。和阿斯兰在一起,孩子们学会了勇敢与宽恕。他们经历过大悲大喜,最终学到了智慧。他们在纳尼亚的时光是每一个孩子梦寐以求的历险。 Extract from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe 《狮子、女巫与魔衣橱》节选然后,她看见前面有一道光,离它不远处可以看到魔衣橱的后面,但走起来却很远。冰冷的柔软的东西不停地落在她身上。过了一会儿,她发现自己正站在晚间的森林中间,脚下是积雪,雪花在漫天飞舞。 露西有点害怕,但同时她也很好奇,很兴奋。她扭头向后望去,透过黑色的树干,仍然可看见魔衣橱敞开的门廊,她甚至还能瞥见她走出的那个空房子。(当然,她一直让门开着,因为他知道把自己关在衣橱里是很傻的。)那里似乎还是白天。“如果发生了什么事,我还可以回去,”露西想。她开始往前走,伴着脚下嘎吱嘎吱的积雪声穿过森林,朝着另一处光亮走去。大约十分钟之后她到了那里,发现那是一根灯柱。当她站在那里,看着灯柱是,她开始奇怪:为什么森林中间会有根灯柱,她不知所措,这是她听见劈里啪啦的脚步声,(有人正)朝她走来。随后一个非常奇怪的人从森林里走到了灯光下。 他只比露西略高一点,头上撑着一把伞,伞上满是雪。他腰部以上想人,而脚却像山羊腿(腿上是浓重的黑毛),脚步是人脚而是羊蹄。他还有一条尾巴,露西起初没有注意到,因为它整齐地缠在撑伞的手臂上,免得它拖到雪地上。他脖子里围着一条红色羊毛围巾,他的的皮肤也略带红。他有一张奇特却相当好看的小脸,留着短而尖的的胡须和卷曲的头发,前额两 侧的毛发里还长着两只角。正如我所说的,他的一只手里拿着一把伞;而另一只手里拿着几个棕色的纸包。通过纸包和他身上的雪;来看,他刚才好像去买圣诞礼物了。他是一个半人半羊的农牧神。看到露西她吃了一惊,包裹都掉了下来。“天哪!”他惊叫道。 The Lord of the Ring 《指环王》 J·R·R托尔金的《指环王》三部曲是20世纪最著名的魔幻故事之一。这个故事的三个部分都被成功地拍成了电影。故事发生在一个被称为“中部地球”的世界。人类知识但是所存在的物种一只。这个世界也有些精灵族,他们高挑而美丽、具有魔力且永远不是。还有矮人族,他们像个矮小的人类,居住在山洞中。同时也有侏儒族,貌似矮小丑陋的人,住在深山里。在《指环王》中,索隆——一个有着非凡魔

汽车专业英语翻译

INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE 引擎燃烧室 1. principle of operation 原理 Engine and power : Engine is used to produce power. The chemical energy in fuel is converted to heat by the burning of the fuel at a controlled rate. This process is called combustion. If engine combustion occurs with the power chamber. ,the engine is called internal combustion engine. If combustion takes place outside the cylinder, the engine is called an external combustion engine. Engine used in automobiles are internal combustion heat engines. Heat energy released in the combustion chamber raises the temperature of the combustion gases with the chamber. The increase in gas temperature causes the pressure of the gases to increase. The pressure developed within the combustion chamber is applied to the head of a piston to produce a usable mechanical force, which is then converted into useful mechanical power. 译: 引擎和能量: 引擎为汽车提供能量,燃料的化学能通过燃烧,转化为热能,这个过程叫燃烧。假如燃烧在燃烧室,这样的发动机叫内燃机。假如燃烧在气缸外,这样的发动机叫外燃机。 用在汽车上的一般是内燃机,热能在燃烧室释放,燃烧室气体温度升高。气体温度的升高使气体的压力曾加,燃烧室内的高压气体作用在活塞头部产生可以利用的化学能,化学能转化为机械能。 Engine T erms : Linking the piston by a connecting rod to a crankshaft causes the gas to rotate the shaft through half a turn. The power stroke “uses up” the gas , so means must be provided to expel the burnt gas and recharge the cylinder with a fresh petrol-air mixture :this control of gas movement is the duty of the valves ;an inlet valve allows the new mixture to enter at the right time and an exhaust valve lets out the burnt gas after the gas has done its job. Engine terms are : TDC(Top Dead Center):the position of the crank and piston when the piston is farther away from the crankshaft. BDC(Bottom Dead Center):the position of the crank and piston when the piston is nearest to the crankshaft. Stroke : the distance between BDC and TDC; stroke is controlled by the crankshaft. Bore : the internal diameter of the cylinder. Swept volume : the volume between TDC and BDC Engine capacity : this is the swept volume of all the cylinder e.g. a four-stroke having a capacity of two liters(2000cm) has a cylinder swept volume of 50cm. Clearance volume: the volume of the space above the piston when it is at TDC. Compression ratio = (swept vol + clearance vol)\(clearance vol) Two-stroke : a power stroke every revolution of the crank.

英语选修六Unit1课文翻译

高二人教新课标选修6 unit 1 Art课文翻译 Reading 1 A SHORT HISTORY OF WESTERN PAINTING Art is influenced by the customs and faith of a people. Styles in Western art have changed many times. As there are so many different styles of Western art, it would be impossible to describe all of them in such a short text. Consequently, this text will describe only the most important ones, starting from the sixth century AD. The Middle Ages (5th to the 15th century AD) During the Middle Ages, the main aim of painters was to represent religious themes. A conventional artist of this period was not interested in showing nature and people as they really were. A typical picture at this time was full of religious symbols, which created a feeling of respect and love for God. But it was evident that ideas were changing in the 13th century when painters like Giotto di Bondone began to paint religious scenes in a more realistic way. The Renaissance (15th to 16th century) During the Renaissance, new ideas and values gradually replaced those held in the Middle Ages. People began to concentrate less on religious themes and adopt a more humanistic attitude to life. At the same time painters returned to classical Roman and Greek ideas about art. They tried to paint people and nature as they really were. Rich people wanted to possess their own paintings, so they could decorate their superb palaces and great houses. They paid famous artists to paint pictures of themselves, their houses and possessions, as well as their activities and achievements. One of the most important discoveries during this period was how to draw things in perspective. This technique was first used by Masaccio in 1428. When people first saw his paintings, they were convinced that they were looking through a hole in the wall at a real scene. If the rules of perspective had not been discovered, no one would have been able to paint such realistic pictures. By coincidence, oil paints were also developed at this time, which made the colours used in paintings look richer and

相关文档