答：that 在从句中不作任何成分，what 在从句
That Tom fell off his chair by accident got the classmates laughing.
What Tom learned in university helps him a lot in his job
We have reached what is called XinJie kou.
Before leaving the room, you should make sure
(that) the lights are off and that the doors are shut.
④if / whether怎么选？
I d on’t know if he is coming or not.
It is not clear if he is coming.
⑤whatever / no matter what 怎么选？
导主从，又可引导状从；而no matter ~ 只能引
I agree with you, whatever you say.
I agree with you, no matter what you say.
I will give the book to whoever needs it.
答：同从的先行词必定是内涵的抽象词，如：news, idea, fact, promise, truth, suggestion等。
The reason that he told me that he lost the money
is not very good.
●that he told me，哪个理由呢？是他告诉我的那个
●that he lost the money，他的理由是什么内容呢？
What is needed has been bought.
All that is needed has been bought.
It is known to all that China has joined the WTO.
As is known to all , China has joined the WTO.
What is known to all is that China has joined the WTO.
I don’t think he is fit for the job, i s he?
I never thought that he would come for the dinner
I hate it when…;
I dislike it when…;
I’d appreciate it if…感激
I will see to it that…保证
Jerry told us _______ he had sent abroad.
B. all that
C. all what
The reason why I came late is that my car broke down
on the half way.
He came late. That’s because his car broke down.
His car broke down on the half way. That’s why he
要求等含义的词，要用that sb (should) do,如：
She insists that we (should) go swimming on such a fine day. His suggestion is that we (should) leave at once.
We received an order that the work (should) be done at once.
advise, suggest建议；order命令；command命令；insist坚持；propose提议；demand要求；require 需要；request要求；
1. _______ makes his shop different is that it offers more personal services.
2. —It’s thirty years since we last met.
—But I still remember the story, believe it or not, _______ we got lost on a rainy night.
3. See the flags on top of the building? That was _______ we did this morning.
4. —Could you do me a favor?
—It depends on _______ it is.
5. These shoes look very good. I wonder _______.
A. how much cost they are
B. how much do they cost
C. how much they cost
D. how much are they cost
6. Doris' success lies in the fact _______ she is co-operative and eager to learn from others.
7. Mary wrote an article on _______ the team had failed to win the game.
8. Do you have any idea _______ is actually going on in the classroom?
9. —Why does she always ask you for help?
—There is no one else _______, is there?
A. who to turn to
B. she can turn to
C. for whom to turn
D. for her to turn
10. Elephants have their own way to tell the shape of an
object and _______ it is rough or smooth.
11. Danny left word with my secretary _______ he would
call again in the afternoon.
12. Mum is coming. What present ______ for your birthday?
A. you expect she has got
B. you expect has she got
C. do you expect she has got
D. do you expect has she got
13. The way he did it was different ______ we were used to.
A. in which
B. in what
C. from what
D. from which
14. Great changes have taken place in that school. It is no longer _______ it was 20 years ago, _______ it was so poorly equipped.
A. what; when
B. that; which
C. what; which
D. which; that
15. Some researchers believe that there is no doubt ________
a cure for AIDS will be found.
1. We haven’t settled the question of _______ it is necessary for him to study abroad.
2. A warm thought suddenly came to me _______I might use the pocket money to buy some flowers for my mother’s birthday.
3. There is much chance _______ Bill will recover from his injury in time for the race.
4. Please remind me _______ he said he was going. I may be in time to see him off.
5. We saw several natives advancing towards our party, and one of them came up to us, _______ we gave some bells and glasses.
A. to which
B. to whom
C. with whom
D. with which
6. With his work completed, the businessman stepped back to his seat, feeling pleased _______ he was a man of action.
7. _______ team wins on Saturday will go through to the national championships.
A. No matter what
B. No matter which
8. I just wonder that makes him so excited.
A. why it does
B. what he does
C. how it is
D. what it is
9. _______ is our belief that improvements in health care will lead to a stronger , more prosperous economy.
10. Nobody believed his reason for being absent from the class _______ he had to meet his uncle at the airport.
11. The shopkeeper did not want to sell for _______ he thought was not enough.
12. He noticed that the straight part of the dance was different in the afternoon from _______ it had been in the morning.
13. I’d like to work with _______ is honest and easy to get on with.
D. no matter who
14. When you are reading, make a note of _______ you think is of great importance.
15.Whether we can get everything ready by the weekend all depends on _______ we can get Mr. Green’s cooperation.