文档库 最新最全的文档下载
当前位置:文档库 › 大一第二学期英语英汉互译

大一第二学期英语英汉互译

大一第二学期英语英汉互译
大一第二学期英语英汉互译

1.房子着火了,里面的人面临着死亡的危险。

The house was on fire and the people inside were in danger of losing their lives。

2.他买不起这么好的房子。

He cannot afford to buy such a fine house。

3.这个主意听起来可能有些怪,不过还真有点道理。

Although this idea may sound strange, it does make sense。

4.约翰看起来是个好人。即便如此,我还是不信任他。

John seems a nice person. Even so, I don’t trust him。

1.如果他一开始谈论过去,你就永远都没法从他那脱身。

If he starts talking about the past, you’ll never get away form him。

2.冬天失业率有上升的趋势。

There is a tendency for jop losses to rise in the winter。

3.在我不断地要求下,父亲终于同意和我一起去澳大利亚了。

Because of my frequent demands, father finally agreed to go to Australia with me。

4.他把老店卖了,开了一家新店,以便赚更多的钱。

He sold his shop and opened a new one to make more money。

1.我们应该从失败中吸取教训,这是很重要的。

It is important for us to learn a lesson from the failure。

2.他相信自己相当证券经纪人的梦想总有一天会实现。

He believes that one day his dream of becoming a stockbroker will come true。

3.很多学生最后从事的工作不需要用到所学的知识。

Many students end up doing jobs that do not make use of what they have learnt。

4.我一提到他的名字,母亲就会变得很不开心。

As soon as Imentioned his name,my mother become very unhappy。

1.只要你经常锻炼,你又会变得健康起来。

As long as you get regular exercise,you will become healthy again。

2.我一直读一本有关太空的书,但是我好想总没时间去读。

I have always been thinking of reading a book on space ,but I never seem to get around to it。

3.那位作家自从买了电脑后,就再也不用笔写小说了。

Since the writer had bought the computer, he no longer wrote his stories with a pen。

4.学校制定了一些新的规章制度,人人必须遵守。

The school has set up some new rules that everbody must follow。

1.看见大海,孩子们开心的大叫起来。

The children cried with delight at the sight of the sea。

2.你刚刚说的话我没太听懂,你能再说一遍吗?

I didn’t quite catch on to what you said just now。Would you say it again?

3.他知道那项任务很难,但还是接受了。

He was conscious of the difficulty of the task, but be still accepted it。

4.直到现在,每当想起那天发生的事情时,我还是觉得莫名其妙。

To this day, when I recall what happened that day,I still feel confused。

1.她似乎以贬低别人为快。

She seems to enjoy speaking poorly of others。

2.他过度的喝酒抽烟,结果死了。

He died as a consequence of heavy drinking and smoking。

3.你永远无法从他那儿得到直接的答案。

You can never get a straight answer out of him。

4.我们的产品在过去几年中逐渐受到欢迎。

Our products have become popular little by little over the past few years。

1.我们明天就该开始进行那个项目,可你却还没有准备好。

We are supposed to stare working on that project tomorrow,but haven’t got things ready。

2.我今天的把工作赶完,所以我不能和你一起去看电影了。

I have to catch up on my work tonight,so I can’t go to the movies with you。

3.约翰不习惯这儿的新生活,所以打算搬走。

John wants to move because he is not accustomed to the new lift here。

4.她伸手拿起电话,拨了一个朋友的号码。

She reached for her telephone and dialed the number of a friend。

1.这个计划听起来虽然很难,但他决心将它付诸实施。

Difficult as the plan sounds,he is determined to put it into practice。

2.面对这么多的困难,球队怎么能赢得比赛呢?

How could the team win the game in the face of so many difficulties?

3.自两年前开业以来,今年年初他的生意最兴隆。

His business was at its best at the beginning of this year since it was started two years ago。

4.他虽然没有直说,但我们能从他的手势中得到一些信息。

Although he didn't say itdirectly,we could pick up some messages from his gestures。

1.我们必须想出解决这个问题的办法。

We must figure out how to solve the problem 。

2.他看着包,像是在看意见他看不懂的东西。

He looked at the bag as if he were looking at something beyond his comprehension。

3.我会使用计算机,但是说到修计算机,我是一无所知。

I know how to use a computer,but when it comes to repairing it, I know nothing about it。

4.我们迷了路,更糟的是,天开始下雨了。

We got lost。What’s worse,it started to rain。

1.她的教学经验使她具有担任此项工作的条件。

Her teaching experience qualifies her for the job。

2.新法律不适用于海外合资企业。

The new law does not apply to the joint venture overseas。

3.如果你已决定租这所房子,请先付50美元。

If you have decided to rent this house ,please pay 50 dollars in advance。

4.他一入境就被捕了。

Upon entry into the country, he was arrested。

1.Even though the first McDonald’s restaurant sold only hamburgers and French fries, it still

became a cultural symbol.

虽说第一家麦当劳餐馆只售汉堡包和薯条,它还是成了一种文化象征。

2.These people are angry that the building is now in danger of being destroyed,along with their

memories.

这些人想到餐馆连同他们美好的回忆一起将被摧毁,感到非常愤怒。

3.They are using the earthquake as an excuse.

他们在利用那次地震作借口。

4.Some think that McDonald’s real reason for wanting to close down the restaurant has nothing to do with money.

有人认为麦当劳想关闭这家餐馆的真正原因与金钱无关。

1.It is more than just clothing and hairstyles that are in style one year and out of date the

next;it’s a whole way of living.

迅速变化的不仅仅只是一年流行而第二年就过时的服饰和发型,而是整个生活方式。

2.In 1981,for example,an unknown elderly woman appeared in a TV advertisementin which she

looked at a very small hamburger and complained loudly,“Where’s the befef?”

比如,1981年,一位名不见经传的老妇人出现在一个电视广告里,她看见一只很小的汉堡包,大声抱怨道:“牛肉呢?”

3.Although clothing designers influence fads in fashion because they want to make money,this

desire for money doesn’t explain fads in other areas,such as language.

尽管时装设计师影响时装潮流为的是赚钱,但这种赚钱的欲望并不能解释其他方面的时尚,例如语言。

4.However,in the United States, there is an additional reason for fads:most Americans seem to

feel that something is wrong if there isn’t frequent change in their lives.

但是,在美国,时尚的发生另有原因:大多数美国人似乎觉得,如果他们的生活没有频繁的变化,那一定有什么地方不对劲了。

1.Helen was in her 60s, had red hair, and tons of self-respect—something Iwas really lacking.

海伦六十多岁,红头发,自尊心很强——这是我当时真正缺乏的东西。

2.When I helped out in the kitchen, for example, nothing made me feel etter than preparing the

eggs and serving them just the way the customers wanted.

比如,我在厨房里帮忙的时候,没有什么比完全按照顾客希望的方式做好鸡蛋、给他们端上更让我感到高兴的了。

3.Thanks to the confidence I picked up form Helen, I dream of having my own restaurant one

day.

因为从海伦那里学来了自信,我梦想着有一天能拥有自己的餐馆。

4.I know I could do so much more if somebody would just have faith in me.

我知道,只要有人相信我,我还能做很多事情。

1.We’re all supposed to keep a diary of what it’s like to go without TV for a week.

我们都要记录下在不看电视的这一周内所发生的一切。

2.I’d rather find out how long I can take being at the dentist’s , as long as I can watch TV while

I’m there.

我倒想看看只要有电视看,我能在牙医那儿呆在多久。

3.I valued my life plenty, so I didn’t touch the TV when I came home form school that day.

我非常珍惜我的生命,所以当天放学回家后,我没有碰电视机。

4.I’m drawing a blank! This just seems cruel.

没啥可记。这简直太痛苦了!

1.As a doctor, he is especially conscious of the many dangers surrounding us.

作为医生,他对我们身边的危险特别敏感。

2.Look—it’s too long,even on me. And this material is so heavy that would pull you down.

看,这衣服我穿着都太长。而且这料子还这么重,会把你压坏的。

3.To this day, when I walk within yards of tree branches, I pause and hear Dad’s voice:“Watch your eyes!”

直到现在,当走到离树枝尚有数码之遥时,我仍会停下来,耳边似乎又响起了父亲的声音:“当心戳到眼睛。”

4.His grandchildren have caught on quickly, knowing to shake their fingers and say,“That’s dangerous!”at the sight of cleaning products.

他的孙子孙女们领会的很快,看见洗涤用品,他们知道摇摇手指说:“那很危险!”

1.My father often said that it was only because my grandmother was so economical that the

wolves were kept at bay.

我父亲经常说,多亏了我祖母勤俭持家,他们才得以勉强生计。

2.Now,I do not for a moment mean to speak poorly of business;my whole point is that it was

just not for me.

当然,我一点都没有贬低经商的意思;我的意思只是经商不适合我。

3.“Enjoyed” is too mild a word, really;I walked on air.

说真的,“开心”这个词还不足以表达我的心情;我简直是陶醉了。

4.So conditioned are most of us to the idea that success is money—so much so that the thought

of giving up a good salary for happiness seems foolish.

我们大多数人习惯性地认为金钱等于成功——这种想法如此根深蒂固,以致于在大多数人看来,为了幸福而放弃高薪的想法似乎是愚蠢的。

1.Over the years, we all learned to become more comfortable with each other,and to adjust to

our new family arrangement.

这些年来,我们都学会了互相间轻松相处,适应我们这个新的家庭组合。

2.However, I continued to feel like I was on the outside looking in,coming uninvited to a

foreign kingdom.

但我仍一直觉得自己是个置身于外的旁观者,一个陌生之地的不速之客。

3.If a computer message came addressed to “Dad”, for example, I’d feel forgotten and

neglected.

如果收到一条电脑信息,抬头是“爸爸”,我就会觉得自己被遗忘和忽略了。

4.I thought again of their family circle and felt the sharp ache of emptiness I thought I had

grouwn accustomed to.

我又一次想到了他们的家庭圈子,我自以为已经习以为常的那种怅然若失的刺痛感又袭上心头。

1.Their lives hold many of the secrets to having great ideas and putting them into practice.

他们的生活包含很多如何产生伟大思想并付诸实践的秘密。

2.O rville and Wilbur Wright had many crashes and ruined many planes before they finally got

off the ground.

奥维尔·莱特和威尔伯·莱特兄弟俩的飞机坠毁了许多次后才得以飞离地面。

3.It’s very important for your body for your body to be operating at its best so that your mind

can also function powerfully.

使身体处于最佳状态十分重要,这样你的大脑才能有能力地工作。

4.So it is clear then, that to be a genius is to push the limits, in your mind, and beyond.

所以很明显,要成为天才,就是要达到并超越你所认为的极限。

1.Recently The Washington Post printed an article explaining how the appliance manufacturers

plan to drive customers up the wall.

最近《华盛顿邮报》刊登了一篇文章,报道了电器制造商们逼疯顾客的计划。

2. A real improvement would be a fridge that refuses to let us open its doors when it senses that

we are about to eat our fourth piece of pie in two hours.

真正改良的智能冰箱应当在觉察到我们两个小时内吃第四块馅饼时就不让我们开冰箱门。

3.My phone is probably equipped to communicate with the dead, but I don’t know how to

operate it, just as I don’t know how to operate my television set, which has features requiring TWO remote controls.

我的电话机也许有与死人通话的功能,可我不知道如何操作。同样我也不知道如何操作我的电视机,因为它的某些功能需要两部遥控器控制。

4.You will not know how your refrigerator knows this, and, what’s worse, you will not know

who else your refrigerator is informing about it.

你会纳闷这事儿你的冰箱怎么会知道,更糟的是,你也不知道你的冰箱还要把这事告知谁。

翻译大一下学期

Unit7 汉译英 1. 警察放大了失踪女孩的照片,这样他们能容易认出她。(Use "have + object + V-ed" structure) The police had the photograph of the missing girl enlarged so that they could recognize her easily. 2. 我喜欢乘公共汽车上班,而不是自己驾车。那天上午也不例外。(rather than, no exception) When I go to work, I prefer to take a bus rather than drive and that morning was no exception. 3. 这位老人见到自己的孙女走进屋时站了起来,竟意想不到地移动了几步,就好像他能行走了似的。(get to one's feet, as if) When he saw his granddaughter coming into the house (Seeing his granddaughter coming into the house), the old man got to his feet and moved several steps unexpectedly as if he could walk by himself. 4. 当时我们的注意力全集中在那幅画上,没有注意到四周有什么异样情况,所以也不能提供任何额外的细节。(focus on, additional details) At that time we focused our attention on that painting without noticing anything unusual around us, and we can't offer any additional details. 5. 这两个劫匪的作案手法表明他们可能就是过去几个月里这一地区多起抢劫案的元凶。(commit) The two robbers' methods suggested they might be the same men who had committed a number of robberies in the area over the past few months. 6. 无论这个问题多么令人讨厌,它都是我们必须正视的问题。(no matter how) It's a question we have to face no matter how unpleasant it is. 英译汉 1. Experience told him that a woman's natural instinct was to defend herself rather than hurt the attacker. 经验告诉他,妇女的天性是保护自己而不是去伤害攻击者。 2. The room is looking much better since she had the walls repainted. 自从她把墙重新粉刷了后,这房间好看多了。 3. Teenage crime was out of control in many parts of the country, and this city was no exception. 在这个国家的许多地方,青少年犯罪已经失去了控制,这个城市也不例外。 4. Weeks after the robbery, he was afraid to go outside, fearing that he would come face to face with the robber a second time. 抢劫案发生后的几周,他不敢出门,害怕自己再次与劫匪面对面遭遇。 5. The victim described to the policemen how a man, who suddenly emerged from the shrub, robbed her. 受害者向警察描述她是怎样突然遭到一个从灌木丛中出来的人抢劫的。 6. For many Americans today, weekend work has unfortunately become the rule rather than the exception. 如今,对许多美国人来说,周末工作已经不幸地成为了惯例,而不是例外。 Unit9

大学基础英语2课后翻译题

《综合教程2》翻译部分参考译文: Unit 1 1. 那部关于古代战争的电影采用了先进技术,令观众仿佛身临其境。(illusion) Thanks to modern technology, the film about that ancient battle gives the audience the illusion of being on the battlefield themselves. 2.在那场大火中,整个古城毁于一旦,但是这块石碑却幸运地保存下来。(devastate) That ancient city was devastated by the fire, but fortunately the stone tablet survived. 3. 他们看了那段录像,听了那位妇女的讲述,心里充满了对那位地震孤儿的同情。 The videotape and the story by the woman filled them with sympathy for the child who had become an orphan in the earthquake. 4. 那场大地震中,我们听到太多太多教师的事迹,他们拒绝离开学生自己逃生,献出了自己的生命。(leave behind) In that earthquake, we heard many stories of teachers who had refused to leave their students behind and laid down their lives. 5.豫园的建造始于1558年,但由于资金短缺时建时停,1578年才建成。 The construction of the Yu Yuan Garden began in 1558, but it was not completed until 1578 because building went off and on for lack of money. 6. 1980年我遇到她时,她刚从国外读完硕士回来。(meet up with) In 1980, when I met up with her, she had just returned from abroad with a master’s degree. 7. 这是我第一次来纽约,但我还是设法找到了那家小公司。 It was my first visit to New York, but I managed to find my way to the little firm. 8. 在电影界要达到顶峰是非常困难的,但是作为一名导演谢晋做到了。 It is hard to make it to the top in the movie industry, but as a director, Xie Jin did it. Unit 2 1. 如今很多爱慕虚荣的年轻人,尽管还不富裕,但却已经迷上了漂亮的小汽车。(vain, be obsessed with) Many vain young people are obsessed with fancy cars despite the fact that they are not yet rich enough to afford them. 2.当他的婚外恋被妻子发现后,他们的婚姻终于破裂了。 Their marriage finally fell apart when his affair with another woman was found out by his wife. 3. 那位艺术家为了获得创作的灵感,在农村住了三年,放弃了生活上的许多享受。 For artistic inspiration, the artist lived in the country for three years, where he denied himself many comforts of life. 4. 我不知道明天去崇明岛的远足活动能不能成行,因为这要取决于会不会下雨。 I’m not sure if we can have the excursion to Chongming Island tomorrow. It is at the mercy of the weather. 5. 他早年到日本学医,回国后却改变了主意,一辈子从事文学创作。 When he was young, he went to Japan to learn medicine, but after he returned to China he changed his mind and pursued a career as a writer all his life. 6. 她最近和一个足以做她父亲的老头好上了,这使她父母感到非常丢脸。(take up with)She’s taken up with a man old enough to be her father, which is a disgrace to her parents. 7. 1978年以来,我国经济发展迅速,相比之下,一些发达国家反而滑坡了。(witness)

大一上英语听力翻译

1适应校园生活——来自世界各地的访谈 塔尼娅?扎茹茨卡娅莫斯科,俄罗斯 去年的这个时候,我对新生活感到很紧张。我没有朋友,也是第一次离开家。一开始,我一天到晚都在忙功课:上课,并且学习到深夜。 可后来我意识到我错过了大学里许多其他活动。一天,跟我住同一幢宿舍楼的一个女孩儿邀请全楼的人去参加一个晚宴。我不知道她在哪儿买的那些吃的,也不清楚她怎么会有足够的钱。而且她穿得像个模特儿。我真不知道她干嘛还要费那劲儿上大学!现在我结识了许多有趣的人,既努力学习,也快乐地生活。 米古尔?方斯卡瓜达拉哈拉,墨西哥 刚上大学的时候,我尽量把教授们在课堂上说的每一句话都记下来。结果是我光忙着记笔记,都顾不上听讲了。我现在学的是化学,现在学的东西似乎都比我们在中学里学的复杂。不过我意识到,在大学里,你应该更多地去听、去思考。现在,我已弄清新知识和过去所学知识之间的差别了。 弗兰辛?博内里昂,法国 我刚来时,这所大学似乎很大,也很不友好。一开始,我觉得很难适应缺乏指导的自由生活。上中学的时候,我已经习惯了晚上做家庭作业。 如何使用每月的生活费也让我感到很头疼。你得买食品、书、公交车票、衣服等东西,这和小时候在家花零花钱大不一样。每学期的钱是一次性汇来的,所以一开始我总觉得手头相当宽裕。然后我就大手大脚地花钱,搞到后来每天只能吃一个三明治! 我现在认识到家长或老师不再有照顾我的责任了。长这么大第一次,我该自己打理自己的生活了……可我却不知道该怎么办! ?2世界各地的街头小吃 “快餐”这个词通常会让人想起汉堡包和薯条。我们会想到送到现代市民手中的过度包装、却并不健康的饭菜。而人们也只是把食物当作聊以充饥的东西,而不是可以享用的美食。 事实上,快餐并不是现代社会的产物。到世界上任何一个地方旅游,你都会看到街头小贩的身影,听见他们卖各式各样的地方小吃的吆喝声。这些小吃通常都是用几样当地的基本配料加工而成,现场制作,立等可取。 商业化的快餐制作采用工业化的加工程序,用现成的配料大量烹制,然后重新加热。不管你到世界的哪个地方吃麦当劳,食物的味道都是一样的。 而街头小吃在多数地方都是现场烹制的。你只需闻着香味,一边看一边等着小贩给你准备新鲜的小吃。尽管在一些地方卫生条件差强人意,但因为食物一般是高温快速烹制的,吃起来基本安全。

英语翻译 大一下学期

Unit8 Passage A 1. 罗伯特·彭斯(Robert Burns) 在诗中把他所钟情的女孩比作玫瑰花。(compare...to) In his poem, Robert Burns compares the girl he loves to a rose. 2. 无论你多忙,你都应该抽时间回学校参加同学聚会。(no matter how) No matter how busy you are, you should try to make it back to the class reunion. 3. 离婚后她需要一个能给她安慰的人。(a shoulder to cry on) Answer:After her divorce she needed a shoulder to cry on. 4. 毕业20年以后,他几乎认不出他以前的同学了。(barely) Answer:He graduated 20 years ago, so he could barely recognize his former classmates. 5. 什么都无法替代亲密朋友之间的友谊。(replace) Answer:Nothing can replace the friendship between intimate friends. Unit1 Passage A 1.任何年满18岁的人都有资格投票。(be eligible to, vote) Anyone over the age of 18 is eligible to vote. 2. 每学期开学前,这些奖学金的申请表格就会由学校发给每一个学生。(apply for, scholarship) A form to apply for these scholarships is sent by the university to every student before the start of every semester. 3. 遵照医生的建议,我决定戒烟。(on the advice of) On the advice of my doctor, I decided to give up smoking. 4. 公园位于县城的正中央。(be located in) The park is located right in the center of town. 5. 这所大学提供了我们所需的所有材料和设备。(facilities) The university provides all the materials and facilities we desire. 2. Unit2 Passage A 1. 警察们正忙着填写关于这场事故的各种表格。(fill out) The policemen are busy fi lling out forms about the accident. 2. 我想在还车之前把油箱加满。(fill up, fuel tank) I want to fi ll up the fuel tank before returning the car. 3. 如果你要投诉,最好遵循正确的程序。(follow the procedure) If you want to make a complaint, you’d better follow the correct procedure. 4. 要不是约翰帮忙,我们绝不会这么快就完成实验。(without) We couldn’t have fi nished the experiment so soon without John’s help. 5. 暴风雨之后,岸边的人们焦急地搜索湖面以期发现小船的踪迹。(scan for) After the storm, the people on the shore anxiously scanned the lake for any sign of the boat. Unit3 Passage A 1.我发现量入为出地过日子越来越难了。(increasingly) I find it increasingly difficult to live within my income. 2. 现代政治家们都试图以电视讲话来影响普通百姓。(reach out) Modern politicians try to reach out to ordinary people in their TV speeches. 3. 应该帮助学生对人生采取积极的态度。(adopt) Pupils should be helped to adopt a positive attitude to life.

新视野大一下学期英语翻译

一单元A 1.She wouldn't take a drink, much less could she stay for dinner. 她连水都不愿喝一口,更别提留下来吃饭了。 2.He thought I was lying to him,whereas I was telling the truth.他认为我在对他说谎,但实际上我讲的是实话。 3.How do you account for the fact that you have been late every day this week? 这个星期你每天都迟到,对此你怎么解释? 4.The increase in their profits is due partly to their new market strategy. 他们利润增长,部分原因是采用了新的市场策略。 5.Such measures are likely to result in the improvement of work efficiency. 这样的措施很可能会带来工作效率的提高。 6.We have already poured a lot of time and energy into the project, so we have to carry on. 我们已经在这个项目上投入了大量时间和精力,所以我们只能继续。 1. I don't think that he would commit robbery, much less would he commit violent robbery.我认为他不会抢劫,更不用说暴力抢劫了. 2. Men earn ten dollars an hour on average, whereas women only seven dollars.男工平均工资每小时10美元,而女工才每小时7美元. 3. Once the balance in nature is disturbed, it will result in a number of possible unforeseeable effects.自然界的平衡一旦遭到破坏,就会带来很多不可预知的影响. 4. The final examination is close at hand; you'd better spend more time reading.期终考试迫在眉睫,你最好多花点时间看书. 5. What is interesting is that consumers find it increasingly difficult to identify the nationality of certain brands. This is due partly to globalization and partly to changes in the location of production.有趣的是,消费者发现越来越难以辨别某些品牌的原产国.其部分原因来自于全球化带来的影响,部分原因是由于产地的变化. 6. A recent survey showed that women account for 40 percent of the total workforce.最近一次调查表明,妇女占总劳动力的40%. 二A 1. Despite the fact that she is the only child in her family, she is never babied by her parents. 尽管她是家里的独生女,她父母也从不溺爱她。 2. Mike didn't come to the party last night, nor did he call me to give an explanation. 迈克没来参加昨晚的聚会,也没给我打电话作任何解释。 3. The person sitting next to him did publish some novels, but he is by no means a great writer. 坐在他旁边的那个人确实发表过一些小说,但决不是什么大作家。 4. He has no interest in football and is indifferent to who wins or loses. 他对足球不感兴趣,也从不关心谁输谁赢。 5. The manager needs an assistant that he can count on to take care of problems in his absence. 经理需要一个可以信赖的助手,在他外出时,由助手负责处理问题。 6. This is the first time that he has made a speech in the presence of so large an audience. 这是他第一次当着那么多观众演讲。 B 1. They persisted in carrying out the project despite the fact that it had proved unworkable at the

新编大学生基础英语综合教程第二册翻译题答案

1、伦敦是个非常国际化的大城市. London is a very cosmopolitan city. 2、她的母亲是在一个喧嚣的都市环境中长大的。 Her mother grew up in a hectic urban environment. 3、纽约被认为是一个充满旅游特色的城市。New York is thought of as a touristy city. 4、我几年前住过的那个城市是一个充满活力的城市。 The city where I lived a few years ago was a dynamic one. 5、那班火车非常拥挤。The train was very crowded. 6、英国人经常喝茶。The English / British often drink tea. 7、地球围绕太阳转。The earth moves round the sun. 8、去年我常去那些大学的图书馆。 Last year,I often went to the library of that university. 9、他十分钟前离开了。He left ten minute ago. 10、昨晚你去哪里了?Where did you go last night? 11、昨晚是谁打的电话? Who phoned / called last night? 12、昨晚发生了什么事情? What happened last night ? 13、你的哥哥是做什么 的? What does your brother do? 14、他正在与谁说话? Who is he talking with? 15、他们是什么时候离 开的? When did they leave? 16、现在的年轻人都喜 欢上网冲浪,获取各种 信息。 Nowadays,young people like to surf the net to get all kinds of information. 17、网络是一个大家可 以聊天交流的好地方。 The Internet is a good place where people can chat and exchange ideas. 18、这些天来,我一直 都在为我的论文寻找资 料。 These days I've been looking for materials for my paper. 19、每年人们都举行各 种活动庆祝元旦。 Every year,people organize various activities to celebrate New Year's Day. 20、他每件事情都有自 己独立做。 He does everything on his own. 21、我正在大街上漫步 时遇到了凯西。 As I was walking down the street ,I met Cathy. 22、我们正在吃饭时, 叔叔来了。 My uncle arrived while we were having dinner. 23、当他在看信时突然 听到有人敲门。 While he was reading the letter,he heard a knock at the door. 24、当我在花园里浇水 时,天开始下起雨来。 I was watering the garden when it began to rain. 25、我们正在聚会时, 灯熄灭了。 We were having a party when the lights went out. 26、当我还是个孩子时, 我就常收集邮票。 I used to collect stamps when I was a child. 27、过去人们通常是坐 公交汽车去上班。现在 很多人自己开车去。 People used to go by bus , but now many people drive to work. 28、过去我长期玩通过 写信和朋友联系,但现 在懒了,只是偶尔打打 电话而已。 I used to write to contact my friends, but now I am lazy and only make a call. 29、我的家乡曾经是个 美丽的地方,但现在空 气污染很严重。 My hometown used to a beautiful place, but now it is heavily air-polluted. 30、看见他时,我差点 没认出来。他以前很胖。 I hardly recognized him, when I saw him ,he used

大一英语_翻译题

A. Translate the following into English. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. 昨晚在晚会上你玩得开心吗?(have a great time) Did you have a great time at the party last night? 2. 这个学期她选修了英语、计算机和驾驶三门课程。(take a course) This term she has taken courses in English, computers/computing, and driving. 3. 朋友帮了他很多忙,他欠他们的情。(have a debt) He has a debt to his friends who have helped him a lot. 4. 我明白了一个道理:永远不要让你的朋友失望。(let down) I have learnt one thing: never let your friends down. B. Translate the following into Chinese. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. True, there will be many people ready to help you, but you will often have to take the first step in whatever you choose to do. 的确,会有很多人帮助你,但是无论你决定做什么,你常常得自己走出第一步。 2. As a teacher, I always tell my students to work hard and keep up from day one. 作为老师,我总是告诫我的学生从第一天开始就努力奋斗、积极向上。 3. For a rich full life of college, you should make the most of the opportunities at hand. 为了你的大学生活过得充实、丰富,你应该充分利用即将得到的机会。 4. So, as you begin your college career, make up your mind to learn as much as possible. 因此,在开始你的大学生涯时,请下定决心好好学习。 A. Translate the following into English. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. 假如你让他待在你家,你就是在自找麻烦。(ask for) If you let him stay at your home, you are asking for trouble. 2. 善于学习语言的人能够把他们的错误变成通向成功的一大步。(turn...into) Good language learners can turn their mistakes into a big step toward their success. 3. 这次事故(accident)给了他一个教训,从此他再也不会酒后驾车了。(teach someone a lesson)

2010年首都师范大学英语翻译基础真题答案

2010年首都师范大学英语翻译基础真题答案 一、1. nuclear nonproliferation treaty《不扩散核武器条约》 2. comfort woman慰安妇 3. cultural industry文化产业 4. open economy开放型经济 5. non-profit organization非营利组织 6. Interior Ministry俄罗斯内务部 7. down payment首付 8. IMF:International Monetary Fund (联合国)国际货币基金组织 9. NATO北大西洋公约组织(North Atlantic Treaty Organization) 10. a stock exchange证券交易所 11.The State Council中华人民共和国国务院即中央人民政府, 12. Mount Everest埃佛勒斯峰(喜马拉雅山主峰之一,中国称珠穆朗玛峰) 13. anti-dumping反倾销 14. breaking news大事件,爆炸新闻;即时新闻。 15. national census全国人口普查 二、1.出口配额export quota 2.贸易逆差trade deficit,Unfavorable Balance of Trade 3.财政赤字financial deficits; budgetary deficit 4.中国人民政治协商会议the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC)

5.外资企业foreign-funded enterprise; foreign-invested enterprise 6.人才市场careers fair; talent market 7.珠江三角洲Pearl River Delta 8.网络犯罪network crime; cyber crime 10.生物恐怖主义: bioterrorism 11.美国参议员: senator. 12.联合国教科文组织United Nations Educational,Scientific and Cultural Organization 14.美国国会Congress,United States 15.女权主义Feminism 三、1. A very large number of people cease when quite young to add anything to a limited stock of judgments. After a certain age, say 25, they consider that their education is finished. 很多人年纪轻轻,就不再去丰富自己有限的知识储备了。到了一定年龄之后,比如25岁,他们就认为自己的教育已经完成了。 2. It is perhaps natural that having passed through that painful and boring process, called expressly education, they should suppose it over, and that they are equipped for life to label every event as it occurs and drop it into its given pigeonhole. But one who has a label ready for everything does not bother to observe any more, even such ordinary happening as he has observed for himself, with attention, before he went to school. He merely acts and reacts. 经历过痛苦而乏味,所谓的明确教育,他们可能会很自然地认为教育已经完成了,自己已经有能力去归类生活中的每一件事,将其分门别类。但是,如果一个人可以把所有的事情都归为一类,那么他就没必要去

大一第一学期英语翻译

1.这个婴儿还不会爬,更不要说走了。 The baby can’t even crawl,let alone talk. 2.威尔声称谋杀案发生时他正在与一群朋友吃饭,但是我认为他在说谎。 Will claimed that he was dinning with a group of friends at the time of the murder,but in my opinion he told a lie. 3.一定程度上阅读速度与阅读技巧密切相关;有了阅读技巧,你就可以更好的应对课外阅读了。 To a certain extent,the speed of reading is closely related to reading skill;and with reading skill you can cope with outside class reading better. 4.根据规则他俩都可以参加比赛。 According to the rules they both can take part in the competition. 5.有些人想当然的认为日语中的每一个词在汉语中都有对应的词语。 Somebody assume that there is a Chinese equivalent for every Japanese word. 6.我们已将所有的相关信息告知了警方。 We have passed all relevant information on to the police. 7.关于那件事你问我再多的问题也没用,因为我是不会回答你的。 It’s no use asking any more questions about that matter because I won’t answer. 8.事先没有仔细阅读合同就签了名是吉姆的错。 It was a mistake on Jim’s part to sign the contract without reading it carefully. 9.他们拒绝向我们提供所需要的全部信息。 They refused to provide us with all the information we need. 10.这起事故与三年前发生的一起事故极为相似。 This accident is very similar to the one that happened three years ago. 11.这部电影是根据莎士比亚的戏剧改编的。 This film is based on a play by Shakespeare. 12.如果你的英语和电脑技能都掌握得好,那么你在谋职时就一定比别人更有优势。 If you have a good command of English and computer skill;you ill surely have an advantage over others in finding a job. 13.很多老师不赞同这种做法. Many teachers frowned on this practice. 14.当我想从草地上穿过去的时候,有位老人在旁边怒视着我。 When I was trying to cut across the lawn,an old man glared at me. 15.当我提到我的父亲时,她的脸上露出了认出我的笑容。 When I mentioned my father,she showed a smile of recognition. 16.我的大孩子比较听话,而小的那个比较倔。我现在还常回想起小的孩子在中学毕业后是如何执意要出国读书的。 My first child was quite obedient,while younger child was very stubborn.I can still recall now how the younger child insisted on going abroad to study after he finished his secondary school. 17.当海啸袭来时,许都东南亚国家遭受了巨大的损失。 When the tsunami stuck the area ,many countries in South East Asia sustained great losses. 18.每当做母亲的拿弟弟跟哥哥做比较,弟弟就要抗议。 Every time the mother tries to compare the younger brother with his elder brother,the younger one will protest.

大学基础英语课后翻译

新编大学基础英语综合教程4课后翻译答案UNIT 1 Page10 4. 1.I have offered her a wide range of choices. 我给了她很大的选择范围 2.We can’t identify fortune with happiness. 幸福和财富不能混为一谈 3.People constantly search for better career prospect. 人们总是不断地寻找更好的职业前景 4.Teaching is not a highly rewarding job. 教书酬劳不太高 5.Busy work can take one’s mind off family issues. 繁忙的工作总会使人不去想家庭问题 Page11 3. 1.I want to apply for a visa. 我想申请签证

2.It is difficult to speak in public. 当众演讲是很难的 3.The old man wishes to go back to his hometown. 这位老人的愿望是回到故乡 4.She covers her face with her hands to conceal her excitement. 或She buries her face in her hands to conceal her excitement. 她用手捂着脸来掩饰她的激动情绪 5.It would be good to see him again. 能再见到他该多好啊 Page12 5. 1.The police appealed to the crowd not to panic. 警方向人群呼吁不要惊慌 2.We should assume that he is innocent until he is proven guilty. 要是还没有证实他有罪,我们就得认为他无罪 3.His wife’s death made him feel vulnerable and depressed. 妻子的去世使他感到十分脆弱和消沉

大一英语第一册翻译

1.这个婴儿还不会爬(crawl),更不要说走了。(let alone) The baby can't even crawl yet, let alone walk! 2. 威尔声称谋杀案发生时他正在与一群朋友吃饭,但是我认为他在说谎。(cl aim, in one's opinion) Will claimed he was dining with a group of friends when the murder happened, but in my opinion he told a lie. 3. 一定程度上阅读速度与阅读技巧密切相关;有了阅读技巧,你就可以更好地应对课外阅读了。(to a certain extent, relate …to …, cope with) To a certain extent the speed of reading is closely related to reading skills; and with reading skills you can cope with outside class reading better. 4. 根据规则他俩都可以参加比赛。(according to) According to the regulation/rule, they both can play the game/participate in the game. 5.有些人想当然地认为日语(Japanese)中的每一个词在汉语中都有对应的词语。(assume, equivalent) Some people assume that there is a Chinese equivalent for every Japanese word. 6.我们已将所有的相关信息告知了警方。(relevant) We have passed all relevant information on to the police. We have informed the police of all the relevant information. We have told the police all the relevant information. 7 关于那件事你问我再多的问题也没用,因为我是不会回答你的。(it's no use) It is no use asking me any more questions about that matter because I won't answer you. 8.事先没有仔细阅读合同(contract)就签了名是吉姆的错误。(on one's part) It was a mistake on Jim's part to sign the contract without reading it carefully. 9. 他们拒绝向我们提供所需要的全部信息。(provide …with) They refused to provide us with all the information we needed. 10. 这起事故与三年前发生的一起事故极为相似。(similar to) This accident is very similar to the one that happened three years ago. 11.这部影片是根据莎士比亚的戏剧改编的。(base on) The film is based on a play by Shakespeare. 12. 如果你的英语和电脑技能都掌握得好,那么你在谋职时就一定比别人更有优势。(have an advantage over) If you have a good command of English and computer skills, you will surely have an advantage over others in finding a job. 1.很多老师不赞同这种做法。(frown on) Many teachers frowned on this practice. 2.当我想从草地上穿过去的时候,有位老人在旁边怒视着我。(glare at) An old man glared at me when I was trying to cut across the lawn. 3.当我提到我的父亲时,她的脸上露出了认出我的笑容。(recognition) When I mentioned my father, she showed a smile of recognition on her face. 4.我的大孩子比较听话, 而小的那个非常倔。我现在还常回想起小的孩子在中学毕业后是如何执意要出国读书的。(whereas, stubborn, recall) My first boy was quite obedient, whereas my younger child was very stubborn. I can still recall now how the younger child insisted on going abroad to study after he finished his secondary school. 5.当海啸(tsunami)袭来时,许多东南亚国家遭受了巨大的损失。(sustain) Countries in South East Asia sustained great losses when the tsunami struck the area. 6.每当做母亲的拿弟弟跟哥哥做比较,弟弟就要抗议。(compare with, protest) Every time the mother tries to compare the younger brother with his elder brother, the younger one will protest. 7.当他初到这个新学校的时候,发现自己与其他同学格格不入。(fit in with) He found himself unable to fit in with his classmates when he first came to this school. 8. 她脸上气急败坏的表情实在把我吓坏了。我再也不敢说个不字。(terrify) The fury on her face terrified me. I dared not say no to her again. 9. 怪不得你最后闯出祸来,原来你从来不听你父母的管教。(no wonder, end up in trouble) No wonder you ended up in trouble. You never followed your parents' advice. 10. 他花了整整两年的时间才慢慢适应了这个新环境。(adapt to) It took him two years to adapt to the new environment.

相关文档