1. Scientists are building a powerful instrument, which ______ them see deep into space.
A. has helped
B. will help
D. would helped
2. Large groups that want to visit the museum have to get permission ______ they visit.
3. Since 18th January, 2018, some airlines in China ______ mobile phone use on their aircrafts.
C. have allowed
D. had allowed
4. The dictionary has 100 new words _________ into its latest edition.
D. being added
5. Moving abroad means entering a culture ______ the customs and the language are different.
6. —Could you tell me ______ the train from New York will be arriving on time?
—Yes, sir. It should be arriving in 10 minutes.
7. The snowstorm ______ several days before it hit the northern areas.
A. would predict
B. had predicted
C. would be predicted
D. had been predicted
8. I ______ not have her new telephone number; let me check.
9. Once Jason becomes interested in some topic, he can’t help thinking about it ______ he goes.
10. The book ______ next year is supposed to be a best-seller.
B. being published
C. to be published
D. to have published
11. The trouble is ______ we can reach the conference center within twenty minutes in the rush hour.
12. Mike hasn’t appeared for two weeks, ______ his friends are wondering what has happened to him.