专题3.1 Festivals around the world
1. He came to China in order to learn Chinese _________(agriculture) skills.
2. As far as I’m concerned, parents should encourage _________(independent) in their children.
3. We need to be more _________(energy) in participating in social activities.
4. They held a party to __________ their success and the __________ lasted about two hours. (celebrate)
5. Some people who cheat a lot shouldn’t be __________ because your __________ can always be taken for granted. (forgive)
6. I __________ that if you have __________ in your ability you will certainly achieve your dream. (belief)
7. The moment I saw the scientist __________ by everyone, words failed to express my __________. (admire)
8. The young man kept __________ to his girlfriend for his being late, but she refused to accept his __________. (apologize)
9. Even if you have a _________, I won’t permit you to enter the hall without my __________. (permit)
10. I think you should go back to your _________(origin) plan.
take place, in memory of, keep one’s word, dress up, turn up, play a trick on, day and night, set off
1. The meeting between the presidents of those two countries ____________ in Paris last week.
2. Bob lives near a highway, so he can hear the traffic from his room________________.
3. If you want to catch that train you’d better ____________ for the station immediately.
4. Jane’s sister __________________ her—she put orange juice in her shampoo bottle!
5. On the square, some people lit candles ________________ those who died in the earthquake.
6. Miss Yang promised to attend my birthday party, but she hasn’t ______________so far.