1. I _______she will recover quickly from her illness.
2. I _______she were here with us.
1. A large _______ of cement was used for this project.
2. A large _______ of people volunteered to do this difficult job.
1. Whether or not you qualify for a loan will depend on your financial ______________.
2. Some of these chemicals are very damaging to the ____________.
1. I ________ whether this plan will work.
2. I __________ that he is not telling the truth.
1. When the two plans are _______ carefully, some key differences will be shown up.
2. Robert Burns _______ his love to a red rose in one of his poems.
1. I found him ___________ and rude.
2. He was ________ of himself for not giving up.
1. The day was _______ of deep winter here: it was snowing heavily and a north wind was blowing.
2. This may be considered his _______ novel.
1. I deeply _______ David for what he has achieved.
2. She _______her parents and would do anything to please them.
1. During the fighting a few soldiers were _______.
2. In the accident his right leg was _______.
第十组besides, but, except for
1. Nobody_________ you could be so selfish.
2. Many people here have got other income _______ their wages.
3. Your composition is good，_________ some spelling mistakes．
1. One of her ___________ in that honesty is the best policy.
2. The ________ of the school will resign because of poor health.
3. Rice is the_______ food of the inhabitants of this area.
1. The speaker drank a glass of water and then _______ with his speech.
2. Do you know who _______ Winston Churchill as Prime Minister?
第十三组statue, status, statute
1. Churchill's ________stands outside the parliament building.
2. Protection for the consumer is laid down by ________.
3. Doctors have traditionally enjoyed high social ______.
1. She is an _______ artist in this city.
2. As a result of overproduction, a depression seems _______ in this rich country.
1. Questions of this kind _________ my privacy and I am not willing to answer them.
2. A _______ is a small plant that has purple or white flowers in the spring.
1. The BBC is a ________ body.
2. The two universities are to __________ in the development of a new industrial process. 第十七组stationery, stationary
1. __________ is paper, envelopes, and other materials or equipment used for writing.
2. The rate of inflation has been __________ for several months.
1. It is difficult to be __________when one is tense.
2. During World War II, Sweden was __________.
1. The chairman made some ___________ remarks about the speakers.
2. His strong points and hers are _____________.
1. There was a _____ accident on this road yesterday.
2.The dinner she served was ______ —we enjoyed it greatly.
1. My cousin is learning to play a musical _________.
2. Man's earliest ________were carved from stone and bone.
1. The south of the country was worst ___________ by the drought.
2. Many parents lack confidence in their ability to _______ change in their children's behaviour. 第二十三组request, require
1. The audience clapped loudly to ________ more songs.
2. Students who have borrowed books from the library are ______ to return them on time.
1. His poetry is hardly _________ with Shakespeare's.
2. The company is a _________ newcomer to the software market.
1. Reforms have bought about rapid ______ growth in China in recent years.
2. We should be ______ of our time and avoid anything unnecessary.
1. This is an interesting book with vivid accounts of _______events and people.
2. His article discusses the _______ significance of the May 4th Movement from a new angle. 第二十七组considerate, considerable
1. She is ________ of other people's feelings.
2. The project wasted a __________ amount of time and money.
1. Chinese culture has a ________ history of 5000 years.
2. The _________ rain slowed down the construction.
1. The director is a very _________ man; he has no fanciful ideas.
2. These plans are good and ________.
第三十组respective, respectable, respectful
1. It is widely accepted that Beethoven is a great and __________ composer.
2. We all went back to our ________ homes to wait for news.
3. He was always __________ of my independence.