必修1 Modules 3-4综合测试题
Whale Camp at Marine Science Institute Camp Type: Overnight, Family, International Age of Campers: 10-18 Year Established: 1984
No other marine (海洋的) science program enables you to closely observe and study whales, dolphins, and seals in their own natural habitat. Board our 60-foot sailboat for unmatched observations of marine life. Help collect data to document whales’distribution patterns and behaviors. Gain hands-on experience using our marine science equipment. Explore the powerful and endangered processes of life in the sea.
Some summer programs teach you about marine science and oceanography with lots of time in a classroom, lab or museum. We take you directly to the source for the best observation and experience. This is why the Whale Camp is the place where inspiration, exploration and discovery abound. This is wh y there’s only one Whale Camp.
We are located on beautiful Grand Manan Island which was recently named the third best small island in the world to visit by the travel experts. The location is ideally situated in the Bay of Fundy where the highest tides in the world create one of the world’s richest and most diverse marine ecosystems.
In our years of experience, we’ve observed numerous whales on over 98% of our research trips. Whale Camp offers more research trips per session than any other summer camp program. The diversity of bird life at sea and on land is extraordinary. Only the Whale Camp takes you to the highly restricted Machias Seal Island to be surrounded by many rare creatures. Each day at Whale Camp is a life-changing experience. With our seas and planet in danger, we believe it’s more important than ever for us to learn how to protect the .systems of life that sustain us.
1. According to the passage, the program __________.
A. is part of the in-class education
B. is about great scientific researches
C. mainly focuses on endangered marine species
D. offers chances to get close to sea creatures
2. Some summer programs are mentioned to show that __________.
A. Whale Camp is very unique
B. Whale Camp is the best summer camp
C. people can observe whales at Whale Camp
D. schools take education of marine life seriously
3. The marine ecosystems are diverse because __________.
A. the location is close to the bay
B. there are high tides in the area
C. experts make efforts to protect them
D. the island is rarely visited by people
4. Who might be mostly interested in this article?
The new year is an excellent time to reflect on your accomplishments and your disappointments at about the halfway point in the school year, as well as to plan how you will improve in the future. Reflect on your first school term: Honestly review your school year thus far. List your classes and your grades in each. What did not go as well as expected? Such as the exams you scored poorly on, projects you rushed through and long-term goals you did not meet. Revisit those plans you may have made related to selecting after-class activities or maximizing your senior year.
Be positive: As you are working on your list, remember to highlight (强调) the positives. Honesty is more than just telling the bad results —it is also offering proper praise. Include your high grades and impressive test results on your list as well. Remember that excellence is not only a result, but also a process. As you are recording your accomplishments, list the times when you made significant progress. Note the projects you started on time, the papers you outlined before you wrote and the study plans you followed.
Set new goals: Television shows sometimes reflect a world view that suggests success comes from a few weeks of competition rather than a lifetime of hard work and devotion. In truth, success in life is largely a result of continual small improvements that finally lead to great changes. With this in mind, make a short list of areas or tasks you wish to improve upon in the coming year. Keeping your list short is important, as creating too many goals can become overwhelming (压倒一切的). Build on strengths: Include your strengths when you set goals. If you did well in algebra last year, determine to do just as well in geometry or calculus this year. If you submitted all your assignments on time, determine to finish your work a day earlier in order to allow for checking. Successful people build on their strengths to reach true excellence.
5. Based on Paragraph 2, when considering what didn’t go as well as expected, we should be _________.
6. What should we do while we are making our list according to Paragraph 3?
A. Remember to think about our weaknesses.
B. Remember to be honest about our test results.
C. Remember that we also deserve praise.
D. Remember that the process is the most important.
7. What do television shows convey to the viewers at times?
A. Success is a result of a lifetime of hard work.
B. Success is from constant small improvements.
C. Success lies in constant competition with others.
D. Success lies in efforts made in a certain period of life.
8. What’s the best title of the passage?
A. Reflect on your strengths and weaknesses to improve yourself in the new term
B. Bear in mind the four methods to get rid of your academic weaknesses
C. Think about how to improve yourself mentally and physically in the new tern
D. Make plans for your new term to improve your academic performance
Mobile spyware is any type of program or software in a mobile phone with the purpose of stealing
data and listening to calls. It has become a problem for many users of mobile phones. One of the easiest ways to block mobile spyware is to make sure that you buy a phone that has anti-spyware software installed (安装) on it. This type of software functions similarly to the anti-virus and anti-spyware software that is commonly found on computers. Getting a phone that can protect itself can save you quite a headache.
If you already have a phone, but it is unprotected from mobile spyware, you can look into downloading an anti-spyware program from the third party. This type of program can be downloaded directly onto your phone, so you won’t have to go through the trouble of downloading it onto a separate device and installing it on your phone afterward. Make sure that you download the anti-spyware software only from legal websites. Many spyware threats disguise (伪装) themselves as being solutions to malware (恶意软件).
Try to turn off your phone’s Bluetooth when you are not using it. This makes it difficult for random cell phone users to contact you and send you spyware. Spyware is commonly sent through Bluetooth using pictures and text messages. You should open and read messages that come from the sources that you know or trust. Text message attachments often carry mobile spyware. You might have the option to block spam numbers on your phone, but most consumers will have to call their cell phone carrier’s customer service department to block these numbers. Reporting spam can warn your cell phone company of a threat that could be targeting other customers as well. Lastly, you should always exercise caution when using the Internet on your phone. Malware can easily cause harm to the computers. Cell phones are just as susceptible to malware attacks as computers are. Visit only safe websites. If you are not sure whether a website is malware-free, you should at least have an anti-spyware software tool on your phone to reduce the risk of infection.
9. According to the passage, the anti-spyware program_________.
A. is user-friendly
B. is usually free of charge
C. is difficult to be found online
D. is originally developed for computers
10. What should you do if you get a message through Bluetooth?
A. To ignore the message completely.
B. To delete the text message attachments.
C. To check the source of the message.
D. To report it to the customer service department.
11. What does the underlined word in the last paragraph mean?
A. Being beneficial to something.
B. Being predictable about something.
C. Being qualified to handle something.
D. Being likely to be affected by something.
Speaking in an interview, Nicky Morgan, the UK Education Secretary said that reality TV shows, such as the X Factor make people think they can have instant suc cess, but it isn’t the case. Realistic, inspiring role models should be put in front of youngsters and children must be taught that there are no shortcuts to success and that instant fame and money do not happen overnight. Speaking to The House Magazine — the weekly magazine of the Houses of Parliament (国会)，Ms Morgan said，“It took me 21 years from joining the Conservative Party as a 16-year-old to
being elected as a Member of Parliament for the first time in Loughborough. It’s a long journey, but when you get there, the feeling of accomplistonent is huge. The entrepreneurs (企业家) and successful actors and great musicians always worked really hard to fulfill thei r dream.”
As for the part of teachers and schools, Ms. Morgan said, “What I want to see in teacher training is more about character education and getting teachers to really think about it.” She added, "Teachers should know character education is much more important than the transmission of knowledge and we think the best schools and the best teachers should know how they can build strong, resilient (适应性强的), courageous and determined young people. It is about setting high expectations and ambitions for them.”
In response to the recent figures from the previous analysis of the Education Select Committee: just 28.3 per cent of poor white boys achieved five GCSEs at grade A to C, including English and maths. Ms Morgan said, “In working class families, parents often have no id ea what it means leaving school without qualifications and all they should do is support their children to learn some skills.”
12. From what Nicky Morgan said in Paragraph 1, we can learn _________.
A. people are likely to be misled by reality TV shows
B. some successful people know the factors of success better
C. the adults are supposed to set good examples for the young
D. what people think is different from what happens in reality
13. Why does Nicky Morgan mention her experience?
A. To prove the truth that time and tide wait for no man.
B. To remind people to enjoy the pleasure of travelling.
C. To show that it’s no use daydreaming about success.
D. To make people know success comes from hard work.
14. What is Paragraph 3 mainly about?
A. The purpose of educating the young people.
B. The advantage of best schools and best teachers.
C. Training teachers to own good character is important.
D. Character education is important in the school.
15. What should parents in working class families do?
A. Try to improve themselves by teaching themselves.
B. Accept the different re sults of their children’s exams.
C. Be aware of the importance of receiving education.
D. Teach their children some effective learning skills.
根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。Invaluable lessons you learn from volunteering
We are not unfamiliar with volunteering. 16 However, that’s not to say you can’t take away a lesson or two along the way. These lessons could not only shed light on the principles of doing good, the community in need, but also on yourself.
Everyone has a story
When volunteering for a community in need, you come to realize that every person has a story —a story of who they are and how they came to be where they are. 17 Acknowledging everyone’s individual circumstances and stories makes for a more complete volunteer experience.
Picking up trash, pulling weeds or donating clothes may not seem like much, but with the right mindset, these actions can be seen to have far-reaching implications. Think of it like this: picking up trash and pulling weeds contribute to the beautification of a community, while donating clothes might mean keeping someone warm in winter.
19 And helping those in need is a firm reminder of what really matters, like family. It’s not uncommon for volunteers to see their own lives in a different light, perhaps when they are taking notice of the small things or during the moments that bring them joy. Thus, volunteering can make you feel grateful for the things in life that really matter.
Once a volunteer, always a volunteer
20 The fulfillment that comes with helping another human being, arid the satisfaction from knowing you’ve made a difference are just a few reasons why being a volunteer once is never enough.
A. The simple things are always hard.
B. Small changes have very big impacts.
C. V olunteering is actually beneficial to all of us.
D. V olunteering is an experience that stays with you forever.
E. As volunteers, we’d better respect, appreciate, and understand it.
F. V olunteering is best known as an act done for the benefit of others.
G. V olunteering brings with it a deep appreciation of all that you have in life.
I jumped off the bus, running back home. It was 21. Opening the door, I was 22 by the smells of pine and oranges. Just then I heard a (n) 23 voice, “You’re home, brother! Come 24 with me!” Melissa, my baby sister, looked at me 25.
Too old, I felt, for her 26. So I thought of a (n) 27 to make her not cry. “OK,” I said, “28 you share your red car with me, I will. I only like the car.” Melissa quickly 29 the car, ran to her bedroom and screamed, “No!” She never let others even 30 the car.
A moment later, Melissa asked me, “Have you got me any 31 yet?”“Not yet, but I 32,” I said. “I’ve got what I’m giving you,” said Melissa.
The day of 33 gifts quickly came. I sent Melissa a 34 statue bought at the local dollar store. The whole family were excited to receive and open gifts. “We need a 35 for the package paper,” Dad joked, sweeping up the wastes.
“W ait, Daddy!” said Melissa. “I’ve another gift for my brother.” Clearly she had 36 the gift herself. It had at least four layers of paper. I peeled back the package’s paper, saying, “Melissa, I can’t …”“What is it?” asked Mom 37.
I pulled back the rest of the paper so as to 38 the gift to my parents—Melissa’s favorite red car. Looking at the 39 statue I’d given her, I was flushed (脸红) with 40. The statue seemed to be barking and laughing at me.
21. A. Christmas vacation B. National Day
C. Childre n’s Day
D. summer vacation
22. A. absorbed B. greeted C. surprised D. blessed
23. A. worried B. excited C. astonished D. satisfied
24. A. chat B. drawC. sing D. play
25. A. calmly B. curiously C. eagerly D. concernedly
26. A. toys B. dolls C. songs D. pets
27. A. suggestion B. joke C. entertainment D. trick
28. A. Once B. Since C. If D. Unless
29. A. threw B. dragged C. rid D. grasped
30. A. borrow B. see C. touch D. push
31. A. car B. chocolate C. present D. clothes
32. A. should B. will C. must D. might
33. A. exchanging B. purchasing C. selecting D. delivering
34. A. dog B. cat C. bird D. fish
35. A. mop B. truck C. broom D. dustbin
36. A. decorated B. designed C. wrapped D. created
37. A. carefully B. seriously C. clearly D. curiously
38. A. hand B. bring C. send D. reveal
39. A. cheap B. ugly C. red D. dirty
40. A. excitement B. shame C. anger D. joy
Every February 14, candy, flowers and gifts are exchanged between loved ones, all in the name of Saint Valentine. Approximately, 150 million Valentine’s cards are exchanged annually, 41. ________ (make) Valentine’s Day the second most popular card-sending holiday after Christmas. Valentine’s Day has long been celebrated as 42. ________ romantic holiday since the 14th century.
43. ________ (actual) the exact origin of this 44. ________ (tradition) holiday is somewhat unclear. And the situation is made more complicated by the fact that there are no less than three Saint Valentines, none of whom can be easily associated 45. ________ romance. For example, one of the men 46. ________ (send) to prison for his Christian beliefs and the history of one of them is not even known today. All three Valentines were killed on 14 February, so it’s unclear 47. ________ one was meant to be celebrated.
The most accepted 48. ________ (explain) for the origin of Valentine’s Day is that it has 49. ________ (it) roots in pagan (异教徒的) festivals. In Rome, during the fertility festival, men and women would draw symbols with random names on each of them 50. ________ (pair) off for games and exchanges of gifts.
India has many exciting places to visit. Among the most amazed places is the Taj Mahal. It is regard to be one of world’s eight wonders. In 1631, Shah Jahan’s wife died in child birth. He gathered the most skilled man to build a memorial — the Taj Mahal — to his wife. It took almost 22 years to build them. Although the construction of the Taj Mahal cost many lives, but it is an impressive monument showing a man’s love fo r a woman. Shah Jahan intends to build one for himself and had the two linked by a silver bridge.
However, unlucky, his death ended this great idea.
Zhuang Autonomous Region
Believe it or not, now I’m writing to share my traveling experience in Guilin with you.
Yours truly, Jack
_______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ 参考答案
1-5 DABDB 6-10 CDAAC 11-15 DADDC 16-20 FEBGD 21-25 ABBDC 26-30 ADCDC 31-35 CBAAB 36-40 CDDAB
41-50 (One possible version)
41. making 42. a 43. Actually
44. traditional 45. with 46. was sent
47. which 48. explanation 49. its 50. to pair
短文改错(One possible version)
India has many exciting places to visit. Among the most amazed places is the Taj Mahal.It is regard
to be one of ∧world’s eight wonders. In 1631,
Shah Jahan’s wife died in child birth. He gathered the most skilled man to build a memorial — the men
Taj Mahal — to his wife. It took almost 22 years
to build them. Although the construction of the
Taj Mahal cost many lives, but it is an impressive monument s howing a man’s love for a woman.
Shah Jahan intends to build one for himself and
had the two linked by a silver bridge. However,
unlucky, his death ended this great idea.
书面表达(One possible version)
Believe it or not, now I’m writing to share my traveling experience in Guilin with you. It’s in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, China, famous for its mountains and waters.
I have been here for five days, during which time not only did I enjoy the fascinating scenery like the magical terraces, unique mountains and clear rivers, but also I tried the traditional weaving of Zhuang people. What impressed me most was the spectacular folk-song-singing competition on the Lijiang River, which attracted thousands of visitors and locals. Guilin enjoys a world-wide reputation for its beautiful scenery, so it’s well worth visiting.
I dare say a foreigner failing to Guilin hasn’t really been to China. I strongly recommend you visit it after finishing your study.
1. D。细节理解题。根据No other marine (海洋的) science program enables you... 可知该活动提供走进海洋生物的机会。
2. A。细节理解题。根据第三段第一、二句：Some summer programs teach you about marine science and oceanography with lots of time...可知作者通过对比说明该活动是独一无二的。
3. B。细节理解题。根据第四段第三句：The location is ideally situated in the Bay of Fundy where the highest tides... 可知海洋生态多样化是因为潮汐的缘故。
4. D。推理判断题。根据文章之首“Age of Campers: 10 - 18”可知本文的目标读者是青少年。B
6. C。推理判断题。根据第三段的Be positive: As you are working on your list, remember to highlight (强调) the positives. 和Honesty is more than just telling the bad results... 可知，在制订计划清单时，在认清严酷的现实的同时，也要肯定积极方面，适当地表扬自己。
7. D。推理判断题。文中第四段提到Television shows sometimes reflect a world view that...由此可知正确答案。
9. A。推理判断题。根据第二段第二句：This type of program can be downloaded directly onto your phone, so you won’t have to go through the trouble... 可知反间谍软件是方便用户使用的。
10. C。细节理解题。根据第三段第三句：You should open and read messages that come from the sources that you know or trust. 可知当你收到通过蓝牙发来的信息，你需要首先查看这个发送源。
11. D。词义猜测题。根据最后一段第二句：Malware can easily cause harm to the computers. 可知电脑容易受恶意软件影响，手机亦然。
12. A。细节理解题。根据第一段such as the X Factor make people think they can have instant success可知，人们有可能被一些真人秀节目误导。
13. D。推理判断题。根据第一段最后Children must be taught that there are no shortcuts to success and that instant fame and money do not happen overnight.以及第二段It’s a long journey, but when you get there, the feeling of accomplishment is huge. The entrepreneurs (企业家) and successful actors...可知，Nicky Morgan提及自己的经历是要使人们知道成功来源于努力工作。
14. D。主旨大意题。根据本段Teachers should know character education is much more important than the transmission of knowledge ... should know how they can build strong, resilient (适应性强的), courageous and determined young people. It is about setting high expectations and ambitions for them.可知，主要介绍了人格教育在学校教育中是重要的。
15. C。推理判断题。根据最后一段parents often have no idea what it means leaving school... 可知，根据Nicky Morgan的看法，父母应该知道接受教育的重要性。
18. B。根据该段的Picking up trash, ... contribute to the beautification of a community, while donating clothes might mean keeping someone warm for the winter. 可知本段的主要内容是一些志愿活动看似渺小，但能对社会、对他人产生非常积极的作用，因此该项能概括本段大意。
20. D。根据小标题Once a volunteer, always a volunteer可知，这段的主旨是“志愿工作应该伴随我们一生”，因此选该项。
21. A。根据下文的The smells of pine和后文交换礼物的内容可判断，作者学校放圣诞假。
22. B。根据上下文可知，作者放假回家，推开（open）门时，松树和桔子的香味迎面扑来。be greeted by可指气味传入某人的鼻中。
23. B。根据句子“You’re home, brother! Come ... with me!”的句意以及两个感叹号可知，作者回家，他的妹妹很兴奋地向他喊道。
24. D。根据下文的... you share your red car with me, I will. I only like the car.可判断，Melissa 想让作者陪她玩玩具。
25. C。根据语境特别是“You’re home, brother! Come ... with me!”可知，Melissa用渴望的眼神看着作者，急切地等着他的回复。
26. A。根据you share your red car with me, I will. I only like the car.可知，Melissa想让作者陪她玩玩具，但作者觉得自己不是小孩子了，不适合玩她的那些玩具。
27. D。根据本段的描述以及下文的She never let others even 30 the car和Melissa’s favorite red car.可知，作者很清楚她的妹妹从来就不会让别人玩她最喜爱的玩具车，因此作者想了一个诡计：以玩她的玩具车为借口来打发其妹妹，不陪她玩。
31. C。根据下文的“I’ve got what I’m giving you,”said Melissa.以及The day of gifts ... quickly came.可知Melissa问哥哥有没有给她买什么礼物。
32. B。根据下文的I sent Melissa a ... statue bought at the local dollar store.可知，作者答应其妹妹会给她买礼物。
33. A。根据下文的The whole family were excited to receive and open gifts.可知，此处语境是“交换礼物的日子很快到了”。
34. A。根据文章最后一句The statue seemed to be barking and laughing at me.中的barking可知，作者给妹妹买了一个雕塑狗。
36. C。根据下文的It had at least four ... of papers.可推测，Melissa亲手包装了这份她很珍惜的礼物。
39. A。根据上文的I sent Melissa a ... statue bought at the local dollar store.可推测，作者买的这个雕塑很便宜。
45. with。考查介词。be associated with是固定短语，意为“与……有关联”。