21. Let’s go to ______ cinema---that’ll take your mind off the problem for ______ while.
A.the; the B .the ; a C. a ; the D. a ; a
22. The information on the internet gets around much more rapidly than ______ in the newspaper.
B.those B. that
23. They played basketball all afternoon in such hot weather, ______.
A.hungry and thirstily
B. hungrily and thirst
C. hunger and thirst
D. hungry and thirsty
24. He didn’t ______ what I said because his mind was on something else.
A. hold on
B. hang on C .take in D. get over
25. ---Have you been teaching here since graduation?
---No, I ______ on a farm for five years.
A. had worked
B. have worked
C. was working
26. I appreciated ______ the opportunity to study abroad two years ago.
A. to have given
B. to have been given
C. having given
D. having been given
27. The boy ______ be really annoying at times, but after a while, you’ll get used to him.
28. We are strongly against the company’s decision ______ it will f ire half of its staff in the following years.
29. ______ is known to us all is that the old worker, for ______ life was hard in the past, still works hard in his
A. As ; whom
B. What ; whom
C. It ; whose
D. What ; whose
30. The government has taken some measures to solve the shortage of electricity, but it may be some time ______
the situation improves.
31. Look! The ground is wet. It must have rained last night, ______?