1. –You’ve been getting home very late recently.
-- _______? Can’t I enjoy myself if I want to?
A. So how
B. So what
C. So why
D. Like what
2.Was it _____ she said or something that she did ______ you were angry at so much?
A. What ; that
B. that ; which
C. that ; what
3.Mr. Black took the police back to _____ place _____ she witnessed the robbery.
A. the same ; as
B. the same; where
C. the same; that
D. as the same;
4. –Got your driving license?
-- No. I ____ too busy to have enough practice, so I didn’t take the driving test
I am going to next week.
B. have been
D. had been
5.– How could you find ______ space to park your car?
-- A kind young man managed to make ______ room for me.
A. /; a
B. a; /
C. a; a
D. /; /
6. _________ that Maria was able to set up new branches elsewhere.
A. So successful her business was
B. So successful was her business
C. Such her business was successful
D. So was her successful business
7._______, I’ll get the work finished.
A. Given one more hour
B. One more hour
C. Giving me one more hour
D. Give me one more hour
8. _________ many times, my brother was at length ________ to the team.
A. Applying; permitted
B. Applied; permitted
C. Having applied; admitted
D. Had applied; admitted
9. --Did Mary come to the party?
--No. She ________, but her car got stuck in the snow.
A. could have
B. would have done
C. couldn’t have
D. may have done
10. –It’s said that the popular CD has been sold out.
-- What a pity! How I regret that I didn’t buy______.
11. The house rent is high.. I’ve got about half the space I had at home and I’m paying ______here.
A. as three times much
B. as much three times