Text A assure biased dread grin hover scrawl visible
Text B await crease engage frail glisten hint sole
1.Don’t sit for too long or you’ll______your new dress.
2.There’s a ______ of summer in the air, although it’s only April.
3. He ______me that the well-known doctor would cure my headache.
4. I handed in my application for the job last week; I am eagerly ______ their reply.
5. I wis h you’d stop ______ round and let me get on with some work.
6. Hilary was out, so I______ a note to her and put it under the door.
7. The little girl kept on dancing, her face and black hair______ with sweat.
8. A ______ old woman with a walking stick came slowly down to the gate to meet us.
9.Judy is the ______ survivor of the car accident the driver and all the other passengers died.
10. In the room where the young man was killed, detectives found no
______ signs of a struggle.
11.While one of the robbers ______ the guard in conversation, the others