* May I introduce myself to you?
*Allow me to introduce myself.
* I don’t think we’ve me before. I’m Jane.
* How do you do? I’m Henry.
* I’d like to introduce Mary to you. /May I introduce Mary to you?
* Professor Vance, this is Miss Singer, our monitor.
* I’d like you to meet Kate. / Let me introduce you to Kate.
* You don’t know Ridge, do you?
* Come and meet my friend Jack.
* May I have you name please?
* Nice to meet you.
* Pleased to meet you.
* It’s a pleasure to meet you here.
1）----- May I know your name, please?
A. I’d rather not.
B. Yes, you may.
C. Jane Edwin
D. No,please don’t
2)---Mary, let me introduce you to. Mr. Brown. He is an English teacher in our shool. ---_______B________________________
A．Same, here. B. Nice to meet you. C. Oh ,now I know you. D. Good！
3）--Hi, I’m your new neighbor. My name is Phil Steward.
A. Oh,you are my new neighbor.
B. Where are you from?
C. Hi ,it’s good to see you. I’m Bob Peterson.
D.Do you live alone?
4)---Let me introduce myself. I’m Albert.
A．What a pleasure. B.It’s my pleasure. C.I’m very pleased. D.Pleased to meet you.
5)John:Jack,come and meet my friend Bob._______B_______
Jack:Nice to meet you.
A.I am very happy.
B.Bob, this is Jack.
C.Nice to meet you.
D.It’s my pleasure. P54.
1)单数名词加-’s , 如：
The monkey’s tail, my father’s study
The students’ books, the heroes’ guns
men’s clothing，women’s rights
The cover of the book，the window of the room
China’s industry, today’s newspaper, ten minutes’ walk, Chengdu’s streets.
1）He lives in a _____A_____ building.
B. ten stories
C. ten story D chickens
2) Mr. Smith raises many ______D______ on his farm.
3) Everybody needs at least ______C______ shoes in his daily life.
A. a piece of
B. a cake of
C. a pair of
D. a sheet of
4) I met her at ____A_______ yesterday.
A. the barber’s
C. a barber
D. the barber
5) Some friends of _____B_______ joined the political party.
A. my father
B. my father’s
C. my fathers’
D. my fathers
6) For most people, the car is still their main _____B_________ of transport.
7) She got married while she was still _______B_______.
A. in her teen
B. in her teens
C. a teen
8) Did the Smiths buy ___D_______ when they moved into the new house?
A. many new furnitures
B. much new furnitures
C. many new furniture
D. much new furniture
9）Tom has three ____B_____。
10) The bookshelf over there is ______C__________.
A. Mary’s and Jane’s
B. Mary’s and Jane
C. Mary and Jane’s
D. Mary and Jane Unit 4 P104
1) ----What’s your favorite hobby?
A. I hate spots.
B. I don’t care for music.
C. I like dancing.
D. Yes, I have a hobby.
----I’m fond of playing table tennis.
A. Do you like sports?
B. Playing table tennis is fun?
C. Which sport do you like best?
D. Is playing table tennis your favorite thing to do?
3) ---What do you think of the weather here?
A. I’m cold.
B. It’s too hot. I can’t stand it.
C. I don’t care about it.
D. I never think about it
4) --- Do you care for modern music?
A. No. I like classical.
B. Yes. I care it.
C. No. It’s not my like.
D. Yes. I hear it.
5) --- Which is your preference, tea or coffee?
B. I like both.
C. Can I choose?
D. I choose tea any time.
同位语是指在某一个句子成分后面有另一个词、短语或从句对该成分作进一步的说明，在语法上又与该成分处于同一地位（即作同一成分）。同位语通过逗号、冒号、破折号，还有or、of、such as、as、namely、including、for example、in other words、that is、that is to say 或引导词等与主句关联。如：
1）This theory was advanced by Mambos, a famous British biologist.
2) Man still has a lot to learn about the most powerful and complex part of his body---the brain.
3) The problem of findling water becomes the first to solve.
4) They came back , i.e., they survived the fire and recovered.
在主从复合句中作同位语的从句称为同位语从句。同位语从句一般用that，whether, what, which, who, when, where, why, how等词引导，常放在fact, news, idea, truth, hope, problem, information, wish, promise, answer, evidence, report, explanation, suggestion, conclusion等抽象名词后面，说明该名词的具体内容。换言之，同位语从句和所修饰的名词在内容上为同一关系，对其内容作进一步说明。如：
1）The news that they had won the game soon spread over the whole school.
2) We’ll discuss the problem whether the sports meeting will be held on time.
1) Dollis is a famous female detective.
Dollis attracts the interest of the teens.
Dollis, a famous female detective, attracts the interest of the teens.
2) I suggested we should strengthen the awareness of environmental protection.
My suggestion was accepted.
My suggestion that we should strengthen the awareness of environmental protection was accepted.
3) The movie scared me to death.
The movie was entitled Ghost.
The movie----Ghost---scared me to death.
4) “Leave it to me,” said Peter.
Peter was the man on night duty.
“Leave it to me,” said Peter, the man on night duty.
5) The task was completed within half a year.
That is half the scheduled time.
The task was completed within half a year, half the scheduled time.
6) We expressed our hope.
The hope is that our children will live up to our expectations.
We expressed our hope that our children will live up to our expectations.
五点five (o’clock) 三点零五分five past three/three five 五点二十分twenty past five/five twenty 十二点五十分ten to one/twelve fifty 一刻钟 a quarter 三刻钟three quarters
基数词+ percent。如：50﹪ fifty percent
1/3 one-third 2/8 two-eighths 62/3 six and two-thirds
1)We are going to study ____A________ next week.
A. Lesson Twelve
B. Lesson Twelfth
C. Twelfth lesson
D. the lesson Twelfth
2) About ____B_____ of the workers in that factory are women.
3）The hero of the story is an artist in his ___D________.
4) Two _____B______ died of cold last winter.
A. hundreds of old people
B. hundred old people
C. hundredth of old people
D. hundreds old people
5) I was born ____C____________.
A. in Oct. 9, 1995
B. in 1995, Oct. 9
C. on Oct. 9, 195
D. on 1995, Oct. 9
6) He had nothing in world but _________B__________.
A. a million-pounds note
B. a million-pound note
C. a million-pound-note
D. a millions-pounds note
7) ______D_________ is 10:25 .
A. Twenty-five to ten
B. Twenty-five to eleven
C. Thirty-five to eleven
D. Twenty-five past ten
8) He graduated in ______C____ of _________ century.
A. the ninetieth; twenty
B. ninety; the twentieth
C. the nineties; the twentieth
D. ninety; twenty
9) I wonder if I can ask him _____D_____ time.
B. the fiveth
C. the fifth
D. a fifth
10) About ________B____ of the population in this area are farmers.
A. 80 percents
B. 80 percent
C. the 80 percent
D. the 80 percents
11) You can find him in _______A_____________.
A. Room 1423
B. 1423 Room
C. the Room 1423
D. the 1423 Room
12) It took me ______B________ day to finish drawing a beautiful horse.
A. a half
B. half a
Unit 5 P135
1）---You’d better have more physical exercise.
A. I’d like that , but I can’t afford the time.
B. That’s good.
D. Yes, I would.
2) ---- What about having a drink?
A. Good idea.
B. Help yourself.
C. Go ahead, please.
D. Me, too.
3) ---Let’s go swimming, shall we?
A. It’s my pleasure.
B. It doesn’t matter.
C. Yes, let’s go.
D. I agree with you.
4) ---- I have some problems. What should I do?
A. I’m sorry to hear that.
B. It doesn’t matter.
C. Why don’t you go to the professor for advice?
D. Why bother?
5) ---- I don’t know whether to take up law or medicine.
A. I don’t know either.
B. I’ll tell you.
C. You should not ask me.
D. I think you’d better take up law.
1）I’ll see you again __B______ a week’s time.
2) There is a big tree ____B_____ the classroom building.
B. in front of
D. in the front of 3）I won’t stay __A_______ bed; I’ll just lie down __________ the bed for half an hour.
A. in, on
B. on, in
C. in, in D, on, on
4) _____C____ a cold morning in June, I saw a stranger walking around the house.
5) Japan lies ___D______ the east of China.
6) Mrs. Black has worked in a hospital in New York ___D_____ 1990.
7) Don’t write ____A______ pencil!
8) Your voice sounds different ____A______ the phone.
9）They decided to go to Chengdu ___B_______ Mary’s car.
10) Now I have the key ____C_____ the whole difficulty.
11) They live ___A______ 10 Nanjing Road.
12) You must keep it secret. It is only ____D____ you and me.
Test 1 p109—p111
1) ---- How do you do?
A. I am good.
B. I’m fine, thank you. And you?
C. How do you do?
D. How are you?
2) ---- Hi , David. How’s it going?
----- Not bad.
A. It’s OK. How about you?
B. Going well.
C. Not bad.
D. I am fine, thank you.
3) ---- Hello, Linda. How are you?
---- I’m fine, thank you.
A. How are you?
B. Fine, thank you. And you?
C. How do you do?
D. I’m good.
4) ---- Hello, may I talk to Rachel now?
A. Sorry, she is not at home.
B. No, you can’t.
C. Sorry, you can’t.
D. I don’t know.
5) --- How are things going on?
A. Not too bad.
C. How are you?
D. They are not OK.
6) ----Is that Mr. Andrew Jackson?
A. Hello, what do you do?
B. Yes, Jackson is speaking.
C. Please speak.
D. I don’t know this man.
7) ---- Monica, I’d like you to meet Philip. He is the monitor of our class.
A. It is so good.
B. Oh, I am happy.
C. Nice to meet you.
8) --- What can I do for you, madam?
A. Oh, I want to have a look at that skirt.
B. What’s your job?
C. Hi, it’s nice to see you. I’m Kate Perry.
9) Fibie : Paul, this is my friend Jack. _____D____________
Paul: Glad to meet you.
Jack: Same here.
A. With my pleasure.
B. It’s my pleasure.
C. It is so good.
D. Jack, this is Paul.
10) ---- Allow me to introduce myself. I’m Lisa Cox.
A. It’s an honor.
B. Pleased to meet you.
C. I feel very luck.
D. It’s my pleasure.
11) ---- _____________A_________________
----- Why not stay for another cup of tea?
A. I’m afraid I’d better say goodbye.
B. See you.
C. It’s good to talk with you.
D. I’m sorry I have no more time.
12) ---- I’m afraid _______A___________. My friend is waiting for me over there.
---- See you then.
A. I must be leaving now
B. I want to stop now
C. I have no time to talk
D. I will go home
--- I’m fond of pop music.
A. Do you like music?
B. Rock and roll is fun.
C. What kind of music do you like?
D. How about if we enjoy classical music?
14) --- I’d like to take you to the Museum of Modern Art?
A. Thanks, I’d like to go with you.
B. No. I care it.
C. Thank you. You shouldn’t do that.
D. Yes. I have visited it.
15) ---- Can I speak to Mr. Li?
A. No, you can’t.
B. Sorry, but he isn’t in at the moment.
C. No. I can’t find him at the moment.
D. Who are you?
16) ---- Would you mind my opening the window?
A. Take it easy.
B. Yes, you can.
C. Certainly, please do it.
D. No, I don’t mind.
17) --- I had a wonderful night and thanks for your invitation.
A. What you have said!
B. no. It’s my honor.
C. You can’t say that.
D. Good night.
18) ---- What’s your favorite tea?
A. I dislike black tea.
B. I don’t care for tea.
C. I like jasmine tea.
D. Yes, I have a hobby of drinking tea.
19) ---- What do you think of the drum performance?
A. I’m fine.
B. I don’t mind.
C. I don’t care about it.
D. It’s too noisy. I can’t stand it.
20) ----- Excuse me, sir. Where is Dean Lee’s office?
A. You can’t ask me.
B. Pardon? I have no idea.
C. Please don’t say so.
D. Sorry, I don’t know. I just came here.
41) The new teacher required the students ___C_____ to the classroom 20 minutes earlier for morning reading.
B. would come
C. should come
D. must come
42) The old lady had her purse ______A_______ when she was on the bus back home from the supermarket.
C. to be stolen
43) Even after the fundamental reform, everything in the town remained ____C______.
44) Not only the children in the class but also I, their teacher, ____D_______ forced to stay in the hall for about four hours.
45) He didn’t find the dictionary ___C_____ was kept the only photo of his daughter.
C. in which
D. in that
46) ____A______ the news that the enemy ceased fire, they were excited to tears.
C. To hear
47) His funny facial expressions ______B____ the audience and the _________ gentleman gave warm applause.
A. amusing, amused
B. amused, amused
C. amusing, amusing
D. amused, amusing
48) Taking a (an) ___A______ attitude towards life is to make a good life.
49) People in this city like to ____D_____ time by drinking tea with friends outdoors.
50) After the stranger left, suspicion _____B_____ among the villagers.
51) _____C______ other peers, the twins seem to be more thoughtful and logical.
C. Unlike Alike
52) The local government has ___D_____ the consequence of noise pollution.
53) According ____B_____ the regulation, all the staff have to work five extra hours a week.
54) An ____B_____ seat will save at least $20 from here to my hometown by plane.
55) The dress I bought in the market is inferior in quality _____B____ that similar one sold in the store.
41) At last, he quit ___B_____ and became as successful as his old brother.
A. to smoke
D. being smoking
42) ____D_____ the chance to tell his wife the secret, he was starved (饥饿) to death.
A. He didn’t have
B. Having not
C. Not having
D. Not having had
43) It was his pen friends __B_____ saved him from committing suicide.
44)______A_____ the speakers hidden in the grass, the light music has created a relaxing
45) It is necessary that college freshmen _____D____ do the same as the army men in military training(军训).
46) ____B___ and ________, he made a funny pose for a photo.
A. Open-mouth, open-hand
B. Open-mouthed, open-handed
C. Open-mouthed, open-hand
D. Open-mouth, open-handed
47) If only we _____D____ the last lesson given by Mr. Black last Wednesday!
B. have attended
D. had attended
48) A fixed ____D_____ at others is an impolite behavior, which everyone is to be taught in their childhood.
49) Watching the TV program on children, I _____C________ a good idea to solute the problem.
A. came out
B. came for
C. came up with
D. came to
50) There is a principle for successful communication that friendly smiles will always work __C___ you.
51) Great emphasis is attached to how to _____A______ our natural resources.
A. make the most of
B. make out of
C. make up of
D. make of
52) The government has acted out a law to reduce the number of ___C______ into this country every year.
53) Bill and Mike are twins, but the former is tall and strong while the ___D____ is short and thin.
54) The workers work move ______C______ with the new production line. In other words, they can produce 1,000 washing machines in month now, which would take three months before.
55) Teachers are usually compared _____A_____ candles that burn themselves in order to enlighten others.
完形填空_10*1=10_Unit 2P.37-P.38 Cloze
Everyone has their own friends, including ordinary friends and close friends. Some people 1)___B_____ friends to comfort their lonely hearts, some for sharing their feelings and some in order to find partners. But how many people actually have true friends? Hardly anyone I know. Everyone has his own friendship and some have a lot of friends. 2) __C___ in fact, quantity is not so important 3) __B___ quality. Generally speaking, those who have too many friends may not even have one close friend. The 4) __D____ of friendship means loyalty(忠诚)，frankness(率直)，and amiability(亲切).
In my opinion, a true friend should have some of the following characteristics. When you’re down, and the world seems dark and empty, your true friend 5) __A___ your spirits and makes that dark and empty world suddenly seem bright and full. Your true friend gets you 6) ___C____ the hard times, the sad times, and the confusing times. If you turn and walk away, your true friend
follows. If you 7) ___A_____ your way, your true friend guides you and cheers you 8) ___C_____.
Friendship is a kind of treasure in our lives. But what is the exact meaning of friendship? No one can really offer a definite concept because different people hold 9) __D______ views on friendship. The vital elements of true friendship are the sharing of ideals, mutual trust, and mutual help. It is actually like a bottle of wine; 10) __B_____ it is kept, the sweeter it will be.
1) A. regard B. make C. keep D. discover
2) A. And B. In addition C. However D. Thus
3) A. to B. as C. with D. in
4) A. importance B. difference C. quantity D. quality
5) A. lifts B. lowers C. turns D. backs
6) A. in B. on C. through D. across
7) A. lose B. find C. reach D. imagine
8) A. over B. in C. up D. through
9) A. strong B. definite C. the same D. various
10) A. long time B. the longer C. longer D. the longest
Unit 4 P.93 Cloze
Sports do us good in many respects. It goes without 1) ____B____ that taking exercise can build up our physical strength. In collective sports like basketball, volleyball, or football, we will learn the importance of 2) __C____. While taking part in sports games, we will try our best to win and arouse in ourselves the competitive spirit. Sports can also 3) ___A_____ us relax after a period of exhausting work. However, 4)____B____ the saying goes, “there are two sides to everything”, and sports are 5)__D____ exception. We may 6）____C____ other players or ourselves if we are not careful enough when participating 7)___A______ sports activities. What’s more, excessive or severe training can do harm 8)__C______ our health.
My participation in sports tells me that sports can make us healthy both physically and psychologically(心理上). It is also a good way for people to know each other and can promote 9)____C____ between people. So long as we are careful enough, sports can do us nothing 10）_B__ good.
1) A. words B. saying C. meaning D. thinking
2) A. corporation B. distraction C. cooperation D. occupation
3) A. help B. force C. encourage D. move
4) A. when B. as C. while D. since
5) A. in B. for C. with D. no
6) A. damage B. destroy C. hurt D. strike
7) A. in B. on C. to D. of
8) A. for B. in C. to D. on
9) A. health B. feeling C. friendship D. benefit
10) A. with B. but C. to D. without
翻译(英译汉) 5*3=15 Unit1 P.15-P.16，Translation
5*3=15 Unit1 P.15-P.16，Translation
What does this mean for teachers and learners? Well, first of all, in any class there are likely to be learners representing a range of types, with different learning preferences, and different ideas on what works best for them.
For teachers, this means finding out the learning styles and preferences of their learners and making sure the different preferences are catered for.
Unit 2 P.45，Translation
Chinese friends give each other much more concrete help and assistance than Western friends do. A Chinese friend will use personal connections to help a friend get something hard to obtain such as a job, an appointment with a good doctor, an easier path through an official procedure or an introduction to another person who might also be able to give concrete help. Chinese friends give each other money and might help each other out financially over a long period of time.
Unit 3 P.70，Translation
1)Gestures and body movements are unconscious forms of expression and therefore they have a language of their own.
2) Note that body language applies not only to the interviewer but also to the interviewee. Also note that these gestures may happen throughout the conversation and they change as the conversation progresses.
Unit 4 P.98，Translation
1）All over the world millions of people take part in different kinds of sports are perhaps the most popular from of relaxation that almost all can enjoy, whether boys or girls, men or women, young or old.
2) Sports and games are also very useful for character training. In their lessons at school, boys and girls may learn about such virtues as selflessness, courage, discipline and love of one’s country, but what is learned in books cannot have the same deep effect on a child’s character as what is
learned through experience.
Unit 5 P.120，Text A的最后一段
Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch you words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
翻译(汉译英)5*3=15Unit 1 P.12，Translation 2 & 4
5*3=15Unit 1 P.12，Translation 2 & 4
Unit 1 P.12，Translation 2 & 4
1) 这件连衣裙比那件贵一倍。（as …as）
This dress is twice as expensive as that one.
2)他太聪明，我自愧不如。（feel inferior ）
He’s so clever that he makes me feel inferior.
3)她请求他们不要当着她的面讨论这个问题。（in sb.’s presence）
She asked them not to discuss the matter in her presence.
I’d like to have to some fish rather than beef.
5) 有理由想信他是被谋杀的。（there’s every reason to）
There’s every reason to believe that he was murdered.
Unit 2 P.38，Translation 2 & 3
1) 我看见那两个孩子手挽手走出去了。（arm in arm）
I saw the two children set off arm in arm.
Jerry was left alone there to think about the question.
These pills should take away some of the pain in your stomach.
Bob propped his bike up against the wall and walked into the classroom.
5)为了消磨时间，我在报摊上买了份杂志。（kill time, newsstand）
To kill time, I bought a magazine at the newsstand.
Unit 3 P.65，Translation 1 & 3
He went on talking while I tried to figure out what it meant.
As to reading materials the teacher will give us a list.
I don’t know why every time we meet she would look away and pretend not to see me.
4)当妈妈正视汤姆的眼睛时，汤姆的妈妈知道他在撒谎。（look…in the eye）
Tom felt his mother knew he was lying when she looked him in the eye.
The little girl is staring at the birthday cake on the table.
Unit 4 P.93，Translation 2 & 3
Many people delight in helping others.
2)整个暑假期间这个小男孩几乎是整天盯着电视看动画片。（be glued to）
During the whole summer holiday the boy was glued to the TV set watching animations almost all day long.
3)他的表演不如我们期望的好。（live up to）
His performance did not live up to our expectations.
Why didn’t you come as well?
5）戴维决定在保险业方面碰碰运气。（try one’s luck）
David decided to try his luck in insurance.
Unit 5 P.127，Translation 3 & 3
1)汤姆的声音很像他父亲。（be similar to）
Tm’s voice is similar to his father’s.
2)为表彰他的贡献，有两颗星星是以他的名字命名的。（in recognition of, be named after）Two stars were named after him in recognition of his contribution.
3)每每回忆起童年时光，我都感到无比幸福。（look back on）
Every time I look back on my childhood, I feel very happy.
4)你怎么能把她的无私帮助看作是理所当然的呢？（take… for granted）
How could you take her selfless help for granted?
5)十年来我一直坚持收听收音机里的英语节目。（keep on doing sth.）
For ten years I kept on listening to the English programs over the radio.